Fantastic news on Jonsson

Coco

StrikersInstinct

According to a report here in Iceland, the deal was done yesterday, everythings had been sorted for quite while excep Hearts were delaying Eggerts payments after he reached the 15 game mark. Also said Hearts are thinking about going to FIFA after Rangers illegally tried to tap up Eggert few days ago. The deal was done as soon as it was discovered. Eggert only wanted to stay at Hearts.

not too excited tbh. can't think of a time when could say he's had a good game never mind great. at least stewart has his on days

davemclaren
No, not the only one. I just dont get it either, the guy is average at best. Hopefully he will improve, because at the moment he is pants.

I think some people struggle with the concept of a defensive midfielder. You'll be slating Brellier next as well.... :cool_shades:

not too excited tbh. can't think of a time when could say he's had a good game never mind great. at least stewart has his on days

I can think of several.

Stewart hasn't had an 'on day' since November.

I think some people struggle with the concept of a defensive midfielder. You'll be slating Brellier next as well.... :cool_shades:

Who regularly gives the ball away, is one paced and who commits foul after foul. Top defensive midfielders will win the ball, protect it and play it simple, he aint got any of those atributes. The guy has potential but that's it. He is one for the future perhaps but he is nowhere near the quality that the majority of fans make out.

davemclaren
Who regularly gives the ball away, is one paced and who commits foul after foul. Top defensive midfielders will win the ball, protect it and play it simple, he aint got any of those atributes. The guy has potential but that's it. He is one for the future perhaps but he is nowhere near the quality that the majority of fans make out.

I totally agree he is one for the future. However, I don't think he is as bad, at present, as you make out. He does lack consistency as he is still young and learning.

I totally agree he is one for the future. However, I don't think he is as bad, at present, as you make out. He does lack consistency as he is still young and learning.

Fair enough, but I hope that the new contract doesnt go to his head and ruin the potential that he has. One thing that young players need to do is learn to play the game within their limitations, EJ has some qualities but he will never be an all round midfielder as he clearly lacks some of the basic ingredients, pace being one of the most obvious. I would however prefer to watch raw talent like this every week than the utter dross that has regularly taken the field this season.

Still cannot pass to save himself.Now if you cannot pass at 19 years of age i would say the same when older(Neilson being the perfect example).I just cannot see how we are going to get 2 million for him in years to come.No better than Hamill,Sloan and Janckizs(whatever his name was:))Hope he proves me wrong but i think we are making a lot of fuss over nowt.

davemclaren
Still cannot pass to save himself.Now if you cannot pass at 19 years of age i would say the same when older(Neilson being the perfect example).I just cannot see how we are going to get 2 million for him in years to come.No better than Hamill,Sloan and Janckizs(whatever his name was:))Hope he proves me wrong but i think we are making a lot of fuss over nowt.

I disagree. To me he has potential that will be fulfilled. He can win the ball and he needs to learn to make the simple pass - that's all that's required. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Jonsson would benefit from some experience around him, telling him when to keep things simple and where he should position himself.

Oh wait. A top-quality coach/manager can do that too!

Anyway, for once we should all be in agreement on some positive news. Let's keep building on it HMFC!

magalufhearts
New 4 1/2 year deal. On the Hearts site.

Good news this week with substandard players out and a really promising young player signed for a long deal.

Absolutely fantastic news, a true gem in the making! All the best to Eggert and his agent!! (and i HATE agents)

Couldn't disagree more.

I remember Scott Severin being a very poor central midfielder with little to no passing ability. Then the 2002/2003 season came along and he became one of our most consistent performers with his passing, in particular, being vastly improved.

Eggert Jonsson is a much better player than Scott Severin was at his age.

Couldn't disagree more.

I remember Scott Severin being a very poor central midfielder with little to no passing ability. Then the 2002/2003 season came along and he became one of our most consistent performers with his passing, in particular, being vastly improved.

Eggert Jonsson is a much better player than Scott Severin was at his age.

If Jonsson develops into the same player as Severin then there is no way we will get 2 million for him.Average at best.:)

Went backwards a wee bit this season but that's dues to difficult circumstances. Hopefully he can learn from Ruben. I think Eggert will be a star in a couple of years time but we'll have to accept in the meantime he will make mistakes.

Archived