Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

To win by

Playing a midfielder who will run beyond the striker

Playing 2 mids who sit like Paz. and Stewart does not work

Shaggy must have confidence in his back 4 and ALLOW them to push up

We need a winger

who can actually get a cross in

We need a dead ball man who will not hit the first man every time.

We need to pick up Wilkie at dead balls ,this might influence who we select

Toxteth O'Grady
To win by

We need a winger

So your team for tomorrow is?

Guest JamboRobbo

we've got mikey stewart. he avoids the first man every time. shame he floats it into the goalies arms though.

Toxteth O'Grady
my team is different from the team that will play

Mine too:)

Banks

Thomson Berra McGowan Wallace

Larry Eggert Ruben Screpis

Nade (Makela or Mole or Glen)

I would play

Banks

Neilson-(Karipidis/Zaliukas/Tall/McGowan*genuinely undecided)-Berra-Goncalves

Mikoliunas-Jonsson-Stewart-Wallace

Mole-Makela

Colonel Kurtz

Banks

Well you are not using "comments made by an agent" as a selection criterea for your mf holding role.

I hinted a bit in the Lith Free Team thread

Banks

Thomson Berra Zaliukas Wallace

Jonsson Stewart

Glen

Kingston Miko

Nade

Why should zacluless play? Oh yes master vlad is over so he will have to play..............

Charlie-Brown

Zaliukas as Karipidis was injured and we will need his & Berra's height to deal with Wilkie & Dods height at set pieces.

Guest JamboRobbo
Zaliukas as Karipidis was injured and we will need his & Berra's height to deal with Wilkie & Dods height at set pieces.

Sorry mate, but he came in last week, and it was clear again he is not a football player.

I hope I never see that imposter in a Hearts jersey again.

He should've been on the same plane as Kurskis and Kancelskis.

Sorry mate, but he came in last week, and it was clear again he is not a football player.

I hope I never see that imposter in a Hearts jersey again.

He should've been on the same plane as Kurskis and Kancelskis.

I am not a fan of Zaliukas and agree he should return to Kaunas.

He started poorly last week, often on the wrong side and with horrendous distribution. But improved during the game and eventually came out alright in my opinion - another clean sheet for the defence.

We do have an issue with regard to Dods/Wilkie as with the exception of Berra and Neilson we have virtually nobody who likes to compete in the air. Tall is so small he is easily pushed off the ball. Karipidis is scared of getting hurt. And Zaliukas can't time a jump. Hopefully McGowan is a bit better than them.

The results we need are;

A Hearts win (of course). I'm not going to be secretly hoping Dundee united win so it makes it more difficult for Hibs to get into Europe, if we are going to stop them I want it to be us that does it. There are still 7 games left, even if United win, Hibs can still get there.

A Kilmarnock win (or draw). Anything but a Falkirk win really or it's all but over.

An Aberdeen win. I hear the gasps, BUT, if on the last day before the split, Aberdeen play Falkirk and we cannot have a Falkirk win that day, if Aberdeen are out of it, are they really going to care about that game? You may say JC may lose on purpose so we don't get into the top 6 but do you really think he would end Aberdeen's season just so we don't get there, even for Jimmy, that would be low.

The team we need should have Banks, Berra, Wallace, Kingston, Palazuelos and Mikoliunas. They have been the players that have done well in our past few games (IMO). I'd prefer a 4-4-2. Neilson will most likely be the right back, the other centre back should be anyone of Tall, Karipidis, McGowan or Zaliukas (in that order, whoever is fit enough to play 90 minutes). The midfield makes up itself, Miko on the wing, Larry and Ruben in the middle and a second winger, hopefully Driver (if fit), if not, Cesnauskis, Screpis or Ksanavicius (in that order). Up front, I think Makela may be on the bench, Elliot may play, Mole should start and if Nade is available, he should be in with a shout.

I would play

Banks

Neilson-(Karipidis/Zaliukas/Tall/McGowan*genuinely undecided)-Berra-Goncalves

Mikoliunas-Jonsson-Stewart-Wallace

Mole-Makela

Loyal to the end Coco! ;)

Loyal to the end Coco! ;)

6 clean sheets in our last 7 non OF league games ... only Berra and Neilson have played in them all.

Charlie-Brown
6 clean sheets in our last 7 non OF league games ... only Berra and Neilson have played in them all.

And Banks as well.

And Banks as well.

Yes it has been good that we have stopped promoting substandard goalkeepers to the first team too. Banks has been good since his return to the team.

We will never get anywhere playing Zaliukas, the boy is an absolute liabilty at centre half. Even when playing in midfield the only positive to take is that he is not at centre half.

Absololutely sick of seeing him hunched forward with hands on thighs after (yet another) mistake that has cost us a goal.

Not good enough but unfortunately all we have if Karipidis is out injured. I'd honestly rather throw the aussie kid in before playing him.

If only a scandinavian club would come in for him, I'd pay his flight.

HEARTS FOREVER
To win by

We need a winger

We need to give Romanov HELL!

We don't really have any natural attacking midfielders and we have not had since Hartley left. I suppose maybe Larry could play that role and miight be worth a try.

Dean Winchester

Banks

Mines is similar

Banks

Larry Eggert Ruben Miko

Nade Makela

Mines is similar

Banks

Larry Eggert Ruben Miko

Nade Makela

I quite like the look of that team although i'd play Glen before Makela.

To win by

This is a great point, something we have been lacking since Hartley left. We either need to give Larry a licence to take on this role or bring in an out and out attacking mid - someone in the mould of Barry Robson would have been perfect imo

Edit - just realised i have just said pretty much word for word what some one has said above. Should really read the whole thread before posting!

I'm not really a fan of 4-5-1 but how about this team?

Banks

Thomson McGowan Berra Wallace

Ruben Jonsson

Kingston Stewart Miko/Driver (if fit)

Nade

Ruben and Eggy can both sit and cover the defence to left and right allowing Larry and Miko/Driver to push forward and support Nade, who would be the best option for holding the ball up to allow the midfield to jointhe attack. Stewart would also hopefully be able to push forward more and support Nade knowing that RP and EJ are doing the defensive duties in behind. This would be the best formation to get the best out of what we have available IMO.

Colonel Kurtz
Mines is similar

Banks

Larry Eggert Ruben Miko

Nade Makela

If Shaggy goes with a 2 up front it will be Elliott and nade

Toxteth O'Grady

How many times does Shaggy have to prove to us that he is clueless?

Dean Winchester

I was under the impression elliot was out injured?

JamboGraham

An Aberdeen win. I hear the gasps, BUT, if on the last day before the split, Aberdeen play Falkirk and we cannot have a Falkirk win that day, if Aberdeen are out of it, are they really going to care about that game? You may say JC may lose on purpose so we don't get into the top 6 but do you really think he would end Aberdeen's season just so we don't get there, even for Jimmy, that would be low.

Not sure about this one...if Falkirk win tomorrow then it is pretty much all over for everyone and we can forget about it.

However, if Falkirk only draw, or less (keeping the whole thing alive) then a draw for Aberdeen would give the same effect i.e. it means the match the following week is still going to count. A win for Aberdeen and it creates another very real banana skin for us...

However, I (believe it or not) am still 100% confident that two wins for us will be enough to get into the top six...

However, my confidence in getting those two wins is far from 100%...

Also...the Falkirk Aberdeen final match is now on the Monday, two days after our game at Killie...could be very interesting!

Colonel Kurtz
I was under the impression elliot was out injured?

No hes fit

forgot his passport on Wednesday

Toxteth O'Grady
No hes fit

forgot his passport on Wednesday

I knew Jankauskas would have an influence on our young players

Sick fed up with the 4-5-1 formation.

It's supposed to be used to dominate the midfield, yet when Hearts play with 3 midfielders they still can't boss the game as the players are not disciplined enough to keep their shape.

Play a 4-4-2 with Larry & Ruben in midfield. Two wingers from the reserves or 19's - I don't really care how old they are - as long as they can play that position. Too often we put players on the park who are not comfortable in a position and it's got to stop.

I believe that Wallace grew up playing as a left winger, so stick him there and get a left back to play left back.

Play two fit strikers. If they ain't fit, don't play them.

Football ain't rocket science FFS.

CornhillHearts

Didn't think Dods was getting a game for them at the moment?

(Gary Kenneth, maybe).

Charlie-Brown

(Gary Kenneth, maybe).

Possibly CH - I don't really follow United's games in any great detail.....

Guest JamboRobbo

(Gary Kenneth, maybe).

indeed he hasn't played last 3 games. last game, grainger came on for kenneth.....

Colonel Kurtz
Why would he need a passport to go to Aberdeen?

you need to produce one for all inter. games

Really??

Never heard that before. I'll take your word for it though.

Ray Winstone

What...just to play?

Even if you have played for the team before?

Surely Fifa have documentation on all players...

Cant understand why you would need a passport.

Mind you doesnt surprise me that Clum forgot his....he is a special one!

Colonel Kurtz
What...just to play?

Even if you have played for the team before?

Surely Fifa have documentation on all players...

Cant understand why you would need a passport.

Mind you doesnt surprise me that Clum forgot his....he is a special one!

there was a suspicion that certain countries were playing ringers who were overage.

Anyone remember I think it was Morrocco who had guys with bushy mousers playing in a youth tournament.

CornhillHearts
Possibly CH - I don't really follow United's games in any great detail.....

Fair enough, just that one of the reasons given for playing Big Zal was that their centre halfs (including Dodds) were TALL. (pun intended)

my team would be

Banks

Palazuelos

Kingston Jonnson Screpis

Nade

Makela

To win by

We need a winger

That`s a big problem for us and it was last Saturday. One time in the second half we played a ball in from wide and not one central mid was anywhere near the box to support the forward(s).

But, i think Frail making positional changes contributed to this. When Cesnauskis went off why did he move Larry and not just push Miko wide right and put Ksanavicius left?

Larry would no doubt have given us a threat from the middle if he had stayed there and it was very early in the game when he was just settling down.

The results we need are;

A Hearts win (of course). I'm not going to be secretly hoping Dundee united win so it makes it more difficult for Hibs to get into Europe, if we are going to stop them I want it to be us that does it. There are still 7 games left, even if United win, Hibs can still get there.

A Kilmarnock win (or draw). Anything but a Falkirk win really or it's all but over.

Well, we've been giving the chance now. The way it needed to go, it went.

We are now only a point behind Falkirk, a Hearts win and Falkirk to not win will see us in the top 6, it now really is as simple as that.

(or if we draw and Aberdeen beat Falkirk by between 3 and 4 goals we get in there also)

EDIT: Realised if we draw and Aberdeen win, they go above us.

JamboGraham
Well, we've been giving the chance now. The way it needed to go, it went.

We are now only a point behind Falkirk, a Hearts win and Falkirk to not win will see us in the top 6, it now really is as simple as that.

Indeed, and I queried your faith in the Aberdeen result...you were 100% spot on, that was a fantastic last minute goal to cap off a great set of results today!

Indeed, and I queried your faith in the Aberdeen result...you were 100% spot on, that was a fantastic last minute goal to cap off a great set of results today!

I was about to post that I was wrong about that because their game is on Monday (I think???) and if we win, they'd be out of it

BUT

they still have a chance if they win by 5 goals (not impossible) and if we win that mean Falkirk will have to open up a bit because they also need a win. I cannot see what way it is going.

I'm going to Killie to cheer on the team and if they win then great if they don't then we can say they were in a relegation battle 2 months ago, they've done so well to get us in the fight.

JamboGraham
Anyone think the best bet for next weekend is Aberdeen for the top 6?

If we win on Saturday then no...

If we fail to win then yes...

Archived