Gordon Ramsay

Legend Claws

Is this an attempt for the most imaginative insult anyone can fire out?

Poor mans *insert name of random GMTV chef* IMO.

W*nk.

Sometimes you need to be a **** to be successful in certain areas. Can safely say he has been.

Better call Saul
W*nk.

I think he is ****in qaulity ****in swaires a bit like ****ing to much if you ****ing ask me but sometimes the ****ing ***** need it , some of the chefs could not make ****ing toast they are that ****ing stupid

so i say good ****ing on ye Gordon ya smelly weegie **** :P

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Wouldnae mind his tax problems

or his missus

Legend Claws
Sometimes you need to be a **** to be successful in certain areas. Can safely say he has been.

I agree.

Yeah he can be a **** to people but he is bloody good at what he does and you can't fault his passion. He had a brutal up bringing and didn't let it affect him which is good.

You can't argue with his ability as a chef.

Or his huge property portfolio.

Or the fact that he currently holds 7 Michelin Stars (3 for Royal Hospital Road, 2 for Petrus, 1 for Claridges and 1 for Maze).

Or the fact that his wife is an absolute honey.

What a bassa.

He's a genius chef.

He knows his stuff, certainly better than any other TV chef.

He's egotistical in the extreme (I think it's written into his contract that he must be glimpsed topless in every show, usually putting on his whites) but he can back it up and I like that kind of arrogance if you have something behind it to be arrogant about.

Drew Busby !

Overall ... good guy I would say.

'Kitchen Nightmares' is perhaps not representative of the restaurant industry as a whole (christ, we hope not !) but its obvious that Ramsay is strong on discipline, hard-work, excellence and customer-satisfaction. Which as a punter is what I'd like all restaurants to be good at.

More power to him and others like him who care deeply about what they do :)

vladtheexhaler
He's a genius chef.

He knows his stuff, certainly better than any other TV chef.

He's egotistical in the extreme (I think it's written into his contract that he must be glimpsed topless in every show, usually putting on his whites) but he can back it up and I like that kind of arrogance if you have something behind it to be arrogant about.

You must really, really love the pies if you think his half naked shots justify his arrogance. That said I like the guy, if only for the fact that he appears to hate Americans more than I do.

It's rawww!

You must really, really love the pies if you think his half naked shots justify his arrogance. That said I like the guy, if only for the fact that he appears to hate Americans more than I do.

It's rawww!

I do like the pies! But I think his arrogance justifies the nudity, not the other way around, because he has something to be arrogant about, his skill as a chef (and a businessman) not his toned torso (in which I have no interest, frankly, I wish I'd never brought it up)

Legend Claws
Overall ... good guy I would say.

'Kitchen Nightmares' is perhaps not representative of the restaurant industry as a whole (christ, we hope not !) but its obvious that Ramsay is strong on discipline, hard-work, excellence and customer-satisfaction. Which as a punter is what I'd like all restaurants to be good at.

More power to him and others like him who care deeply about what they do :)

The other thing is he does seem to actually give a **** when he helps these restraunts out and wants them to succeed.

And I think worryingly there are a hell of a lot of terrible eating places out there that are run by ****ing idiots as he would say.

vladtheexhaler
I do like the pies! But I think his arrogance justifies the nudity, not the other way around, because he has something to be arrogant about, his skill as a chef (and a businessman) not his toned torso (in which I have no interest, frankly, I wish I'd never brought it up)

I kinda see where you're coming from but I'm still not sure that his skill as a chef and his resulting arrogance is reason enough to inflict his nakedness upon us. Raymond Barneveld (sic) is an excellent darts player and would resultantly be excused some arrogance but that would not justify him playing topless in my opinion.

Goose Baxter

I used to think that he was a bit of a boaby to be honest but after reading his book i changed my mind after the hard childhood he went through with his dad being a knob, and he is a top chief because of the all the hardwork he has went through. Sure he used to work like 20hrs a day as a youngster.

And all the stuff he has done for his brother and then being let down badly by him so i think the guy is correct to come accross a bit of a plum as no one has worked harder to be at the top than him.

The Old Tolbooth

I like the guy, he tells it how it is and calls a spade a spade, probably the most passionate man I have ever seen about his job too which is why he is so bloody good at it.

maroonlegions

i would like a Ramsey type manager for hearts , would be what we need in the dressing room eh, "right you fecking bunch off nancies go out there and play with some respect and look like you fecking care ".

i watched latest series of kitchen nightmares and he's quality. he applied exactly the same principles to each and every craphole restaurant he went to and gave them all great potential to turn it around. watching him though, he could be applying his methods to ANY type of business, not just restaurants and it would work. he's made mistakes and isn't afraid to admit it or try to correct them.

he's got 10 michelin stars, not 7 (he used to have 12). heres a couple of articles i read on him lately. the times one isn't full, but the evening standard one is. he seems to have a lot on this year

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/starinterviews/article-23466007-details/Ramsay%3A+I%27ll+help+to+end+the+****ing+disgrace+that+is+Heathrow/article.do

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/gordon_ramsay/article3521972.ece

the voice from above

nail on head

Drew Busby !
i watched latest series of kitchen nightmares and he's quality. he applied exactly the same principles to each and every craphole restaurant he went to and gave them all great potential to turn it around. watching him though, he could be applying his methods to ANY type of business, not just restaurants and it would work. he's made mistakes and isn't afraid to admit it or try to correct them.

he's got 10 michelin stars, not 7 (he used to have 12). heres a couple of articles i read on him lately. the times one isn't full, but the evening standard one is. he seems to have a lot on this year

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/starinterviews/article-23466007-details/Ramsay%3A+I%27ll+help+to+end+the+****ing+disgrace+that+is+Heathrow/article.do

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/gordon_ramsay/article3521972.ece

Absolutely correct.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up writing some kind of management book. Wouldn't be surprising either if the program makers were to think out of the box a little and see how it goes in a different domain.

5 days to turn Hearts around etc etc... as someone has already alluded to :D

Absolutely correct.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up writing some kind of management book. Wouldn't be surprising either if the program makers were to think out of the box a little and see how it goes in a different domain.

5 days to turn Hearts around etc etc... as someone has already alluded to :D

having a failed business behind me he makes me feel like an eejit because he makes it look so easy.

anyone starting out in their own business would do well to watch his shows and learn from him, and likewise for anyone currently struggling with their own business. no matter what it is

I've only eaten at one of his restaurants but have to say everything from the staff to the food to the winelist to the toilets was absolutely perfect.

i think we're going to try his place when we're in new york next week. looking forwards to that i must say.

i really like the guy. he comes off as a bit of an arse at times, but no one can accusing him of not giving a shecht

quite like the guy, really enjoy his shows. He's an absolute hypocrite though, im sure he used to say he never wanted to be a celebrity chef...

i think we're going to try his place when we're in new york next week. looking forwards to that i must say.

i really like the guy. he comes off as a bit of an arse at times, but no one can accusing him of not giving a shecht

That's where I eat. We eat in the more informal bit which does a tasting menu, expect to get through about half a dozen plates plus dessert. The wine is very good quality but don't expect to get anything for less than $100, we went for a very nice premier cru Chablis which was near the lower end at around $130 but tasted like it. If I remember rightly our food, wine, port and coffee came to around $350 including tip, which was reasonable considering the quality of the food and setting.

taz, was that per person, or overall??

i don't expect it to be cheap, but $350 per person might be a little steep for us.

Legend Claws

He definately knows how to run a business and as somebody said earlier, you can learn a lot from watching his shows.

Much prefer the British Kitchen Nightmares to the American efforts.

A mate of mine went to a book signing and after Gordon had signed the booked my mate said 'Gordon Ramsay's autograph...Done!' Ramsay just called him a pillock and laughed!

taz, was that per person, or overall??

i don't expect it to be cheap, but $350 per person might be a little steep for us.

That was for 2 of us Bev. Sounds a bit steep for a tasting menu but was well worth it, if you can't treat yourself in NYC when can you?

crazy_jambo_2006

Met the guy. Decent guy. I have read his book. Gd book. The bloke is so passionate about cooking. His father seemed like a nightmare. Gordon Ramsay also seems to have tried hard to help his brother.

Denny Crane
having a failed business behind me he makes me feel like an eejit because he makes it look so easy.

anyone starting out in their own business would do well to watch his shows and learn from him, and likewise for anyone currently struggling with their own business. no matter what it is

He also knows what it is to fail. His doomed Amarylis venture in Glasgow's West End.

He admits he thought he was Mr Big Bollox coming back to conquer his home town and got it spectacularly wrong - hence his Nightmare's show with that posh French gaff in Inverness keeps referring to it.

rudi must stay
Good guy or twat?

Personally I think he is a quality chap.

don't he's too bad, he's good entertainment and says it like it is

Archived