When naming kids goes wrong

Maroon Mayhem

Dagger Is Back

Knew a customer once called William Nilli - think about it!

Also another guy called Peter Ness - had P Ness on his cheque book!

Dagger Is Back
Had a mate claim that 3 of his uncles (3 brothers, that is) were all called Donald McDonald. But it was OK, as they were each named after different uncles/grandfathers etc.

I once came across a girl in Southampton whose surname was Loving. Her parents had given her the name Summa. Miserable looking sow, she was - not a surprise there!

Also had a customer (Belgian, I think) called Bertrand Belende. Probably pronounced differently but known in our company as Bertie Bell End.

Haven't we all mate.

I heard that there are two twins at Tynecastle High School called Dolce and Gabbana. No idea if it's true, but I want it to be.

I have a friend who works with the families unit in one of the police forces in Scotland who told me about them. She obviously has contact with a fair few of the more eccentric clans around the central belt.

She also told me about the McLatchie family in the weej who called their sprog Versace. Ouch!

There's at least one Pocahontas in the Raploch in Stirling, she's in her early teens and quite well known (although not by me personally)

I have an uncle called Robert Robertson.

Commander Harris
I have a friend who works with the families unit in one of the police forces in Scotland who told me about them. She obviously has contact with a fair few of the more eccentric clans around the central belt.

She also told me about the McLatchie family in the weej who called their sprog Versace. Ouch!

There's at least one Pocahontas in the Raploch in Stirling, she's in her early teens and quite well known (although not by me personally)

i fear you may have given a certain poster an excuse to post another boak inducing picture of donatella!

used to study in stirling, the Raploch was notorious for shenanigans like that.

ardwick1888

How about Bazz Barry, used to run a couple of boozers in Manchester.

Given Sara Cox has named her son Isaac Cox (if you don't get it right away - give it a few secs).

That's untrue. His name is Isaac Cyzer, not Isaac Cox.

There's a KB poster who's named his kid, "Braiden". Rather him than me.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

My first initials are N & D and my surname's Hope

How I laughed every month when NO Hope was shouted out when my payslip was handed to me in the site canteen

Cairneyhill Jambo

Used to work in General Register Office and there was a baptism in the Old Parochial Records for a ***** Phaenis. :laugh:

Guest sparrieheid

A workmates niece is named Crystal Cleary, and I used to know a woman named Pat Dick.

Also, my sister used to work in the DHSS and regularly had a guy come in to sign on who had changed his name by deedpoll to Mr Monkeywrench Loadingbay. Wonder why he was out of work?

Work beside a guy called Bobby Love, know a guy from gorebridge called Antony Anis and my mate Boab started seeing a girl called Susan a few years ago and he always called her exactly that but a few weeks before they got married we all found out that she prefered to be called Sue which was pretty unfortunate seeing as Boab's surname is Kerr !!!!

Pete Seeger
At a guess, I'd say that she's fifteen years old, wears big gold (plated) hoop earrings, has bleached blonde hair with very obvious dark roots showing through, maybe even a wee bit of pink in there if she's feeling adventurous, wears those ****ey McKenzie jackets or whatever they're called, has an eighteen year old boyfriend called Kev who is unemployed and has a different tracksuit for every day of the week, smokes Mayfair, sits up the back of the bus with her neddy wee pals playing ****e music and has two kids called Kaiden and Tameekah-Jade.

Mongy little ****. I ****ing hate her.

Nothing wrong with Mayfair :mw_rolleyes:

Pete Seeger

There is indeed a Pocahontas in the Raploch. It's a lovely place

Guy in my year at school ended up being Stanton Stanton because of his Mum remarrying.

I must know you mate... I also knew Stanton Stanton... only knew him becuase of his name and that he used to walk down lochend road to school...

I've spoken to some one called Mrs t.w.a.t... she pronounced it twate...

Mac Elliott

Girlfriends pal is a midwife at st. johns livi, the lovely McLatchie family had twins Versace and Armani :)

There is no hiding class

Guy at the cooncil called Robin Banks (in Finance too!!!)

another called Chris P. Bacon!

And another ridiculous goon called Irvine Welsh!!!!! Oh how we laughed.

True story - when we lived at Morrison Street, we used to take our son down to Princes Street Gardens on a Sunday, as you do, and there was this fat loudmouthed female with her two kids - one in a full Hearts strip practising his ball skills, and a chubby wee curly ginger haired lassie - anyway, the mother keeps yelling out in her best West Lothian accent, "Look at ma laddie, he's goat a' the skill in the world, he's gonna be a barry player fur the Hertz", which was quite entertaining, but then, she's looking round, spy's the daughter, and yells, "Are you needing a pee, Madonna?"

We still laugh about that to this day.:)

Was in the USC at the Fort when I am sure I heard a mother calling for a her duaghter. I am sure she said Beyonce! Maybe there son is Jay-Z.

Probably from Niddrie.

Archived