Velez Mostar 2 - 1 Hearts - UEFA Cup 3rd Round 2nd Leg

Silvery_Moon

Silvery_Moon

A last gasp goal from Velez Mostar gave them a win on the night but this was a tie in which Hearts were rarely in trouble. A 4-2 aggregate win was achieved.

A mistake from Walter Kidd contributed to Velez taking the lead before half time but as soon as Mike Galloway equalised in the 2nd half, Hearts passage to the 4th round was secure.

Includes interviews with Sandy Clark and Wallace Mercer. Wallace reveals he couldn't make it to the game as he had business which he had to attend to in Edinburgh which would be revealed in 'the fullness of time'. I think we all know what he was talking about.

06:45, 17:28 and 24:10 are the places to jump to for the goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjCBXS4x04Y

A last gasp goal from Velez Mostar gave them a win on the night but this was a tie in which Hearts were rarely in trouble. A 4-2 aggregate win was achieved.

A mistake from Walter Kidd contributed to Velez taking the lead before half time but as soon as Mike Galloway equalised in the 2nd half, Hearts passage to the 4th round was secure.

Includes interviews with Sandy Clark and Wallace Mercer. Wallace reveals he couldn't make it to the game as he had business which he had to attend to in Edinburgh which would be revealed in 'the fullness of time'. I think we all know what he was talking about.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UjCBXS4x04Y

Remember this like yesterday - reckon there were only 150 of us there.

One of the most imtimadating places I have ever watched Hearts.....

Trivia question - the two other notable football events that happened that day?

Murray bought the Huns and Robbo signed for us.

Guess The Crowd

Did he not buy them on the night of the 1st leg?

Sorry - you're right, according to Wiki. But Robbo re-signed the night of the second leg, yes?

Silvery_Moon

Sorry - you're right, according to Wiki. But Robbo re-signed the night of the second leg, yes?

Going by what Wallace says in his interview I would say yes. Robbo's resigning made what was already a great night even better. We went on to beat Rangers 2-0 in the next match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjCBXS4x04Y

I haven't seen that for years. I'd completely forgotten just how good Mike Galloway's goal was. The ball was practically behind him yet he was able to direct it into the goal.

Also - what brilliant play from John Colquhoun to set the goal up.

A great night!

Remember being back at the hotel after the game, the players and press arrived after us.

The hotel had 2 towers and Archie Macpherson went up the wrong one to find his room.

He came back down to reception and was going mental at the young girl receptionist.

The final line of his rant was "Do you know who I am?"

Archived