Internazionale v Schalke 04

UEFA Europa League

Quarter-finals:

FC Porto v Spartak Moscow

Benfica v PSV Eindhoven

Villarreal v FC Twente

Braga v Dynamo Kiev

*nap

Interesting that you put all the home teams in the first leg through to the quarters. I often consider having the home leg 2nd as a big advantage that can swing a tie (I have no particular stats to back this up mind you). Obviously I don't see Barcelona losing just because they're at home first but Man Utd taking Chelsea back to Old Trafford knowing exactly what they have to do is great for them.

shaun.lawson

Hopefully only 1 wrong in that list Shaun...I think (hope) Man U will beat Chelski over 2 legs. :thumbsup:

Would love to see a Barca v Real Madrid Final.

It can't be a Barca-Real final now, Tynie.

Tin foil hat moment here. This draw is ******* fixed!

They put Chelsea & Man U together and gave both La Liga sides ridiculously easy games.

Go **** yourself EUFA! Corrupt ****s!

:rofl:

If I were 'seeding' the draw, then given the crass ineptitude at the top of the EPL, I'd say something like:

1. Barca

2. Real

3. Inter

4. Man Utd

5. Chelsea

6. Tottenham

7. Schalke

8. Shakhtar

From that, what resulted was:

2 v 6

5 v 4

1 v 8

3 v 7

Seems about right to me. Good for UEFA; good for the tournament. And your cries of 'fix' disappear out of the window when you consider that most people's idea of the two best sides in Europe can no longer meet in the final.

shaun.lawson

Interesting that you put all the home teams in the first leg through to the quarters. I often consider having the home leg 2nd as a big advantage that can swing a tie (I have no particular stats to back this up mind you). Obviously I don't see Barcelona losing just because they're at home first but Man Utd taking Chelsea back to Old Trafford knowing exactly what they have to do is great for them.

I know what you mean, but have thought for years it isn't really any more. Successful sides in Europe score away goals; and beyond that, the away side in the first leg is too often content with a 0-0, only to get caught on the counter back at home. With 4-5-1 still predominating in European club football, it tends to favour the away sides in close contests.

I know what you mean, but have thought for years it isn't really any more. Successful sides in Europe score away goals; and beyond that, the away side in the first leg is too often content with a 0-0, only to get caught on the counter back at home. With 4-5-1 still predominating in European club football, it tends to favour the away sides in close contests.

Indeed. Inter were at home first in all three knock out rounds last season.

Same again this season....... :whistling:

Archived