Champions League Draw

Ignoranus

I hope it's Barca v Tottenham as one of the ties.I think they could be great games because Tottenham are so open there are bound to be goals a plenty.Don't think Spurs would have much chance though but the games could be very entertaining.

I hope it's Barca v Tottenham as one of the ties.I think they could be great games because Tottenham are so open there are bound to be goals a plenty.Don't think Spurs would have much chance though but the games could be very entertaining.

Agreed, i dont think Spurs would stand much of a chance but could be entertaining. Although i reckon Spurs would end up playing like the did against AC at home rather than the free flowing attacking football they adopted in the group games.

Being a Chelsea man i hope we draw Schalke although i reckon thats who most teams would fancy.

Real Madrid - Barca anyone? That would be a cracker :thumbsup:

Agreed, i dont think Spurs would stand much of a chance but could be entertaining. Although i reckon Spurs would end up playing like the did against AC at home rather than the free flowing attacking football they adopted in the group games.

Being a Chelsea man i hope we draw Schalke although i reckon thats who most teams would fancy.

Real Madrid - Barca anyone? That would be a cracker :thumbsup:

Agreed I think Shalke are the team everyone will want.I think Shaktar is the team the big guns would like to avoid.Think it's something like 3 years since they have been beaten at home.

Agreed I think Shalke are the team everyone will want.I think Shaktar is the team the big guns would like to avoid.Think it's something like 3 years since they have been beaten at home.

True, Not a great place to go aswell. But i'd rather have Shakhtar than Barca!

Aye but Barca are the obvious choice where Shaktar are the darkhorses

Bit cliche that.

The big guns would LOVE to draw Shakhtar,

It wouldn't be easy but it'd be easier than any other draw barring Schalke.

My absolutely worthless predictions for the draw are:

Chelsea v Schalke

Real Madrid v Shakhtar

Barcelona v Spurs

Man Utd v Inter

Shakhter have a decent home record but on the road they can be dodgy. Arsenal 5 Shaktar 1 in the group stages.

Bit cliche that.

The big guns would LOVE to draw Shakhtar,

It wouldn't be easy but it'd be easier than any other draw barring Schalke.

My absolutely worthless predictions for the draw are:

Chelsea v Schalke

Real Madrid v Shakhtar

Barcelona v Spurs

Man Utd v Inter

Hope you are right mystic meg :thumbsup:

If Real and Barca both get through to the semi's then I think there will be 4 classico's in a month.

2 x Semi

1 x league

1 x Copa Del Rey

:woot:

The Treasurer

Chelsea vs Man U :thumbsup:

Mon the Blues :woot:

Another excuse for Terry and co to throw their toys out the pram when they get "cheated" out of the competition yet again laugh.gif

Sexton Hardcastle

If Real and Barca both get through to the semi's then I think there will be 4 classico's in a month.

2 x Semi

1 x league

1 x Copa Del Rey

Exactly what happened in my football manager game with a mate.

8 points behind him as Barca. Won every fixture against him and he was left with a very sore wallet.

And of course we know football manage is like living in the real world.

Walter Bishop

Another excuse for Terry and co to throw their toys out the pram when they get "cheated" out of the competition yet again laugh.gif

Great draw for Man United, Chelsea or Schalke were the 2 easiest teams for anyone to draw. Barca v Real Madrid semi possibility looks tasty!!

rossthejambo

Was hoping for a Real - Barca Final but the Semis will do just nicely :thumbsup:

Think whatever one of the 2 gets to the final will win it.

dry.gif

Great draw for Man United, Chelsea or Schalke were the 2 easiest teams for anyone to draw. Barca v Real Madrid semi possibility looks tasty!!

:woot: Dont think Man United will see that as a good draw. Could go either way.

And as for Chelsea and Schalke being the 2 easiest teams to draw...... :lol:

Walter Bishop

:woot: Dont think Man United will see that as a good draw. Could go either way.

And as for Chelsea and Schalke being the 2 easiest teams to draw...... :lol:

Who would you say were then? Man Utd have shown they are more than capable of going down to Chelsea`s level and Schalke are not a great side probably the worst left in the draw imo, the rest are all to be avoided including Spurs as with the defensive players missing from United`s team im sure Fergie will be delighted at missing them in the draw.

rossthejambo

I'm sure Fergie's rubbing his hands together at the prospect of more games against Chelsea right enough :vrface:

Walter Bishop

I'm sure Fergie's rubbing his hands together at the prospect of more games against Chelsea right enough :vrface:

Of course he will be, they play very similar to United and hold no surprises, plus David "THE ANIMAL" Luiz is ineligible.

Who would you say were then? Man Utd have shown they are more than capable of going down to Chelsea`s level and Schalke are not a great side probably the worst left in the draw imo, the rest are all to be avoided including Spurs as with the defensive players missing from United`s team im sure Fergie will be delighted at missing them in the draw.

I think you will find that more recently Chelsea have had the beating of Man United.

Schalke and Shakhtar are probably the 2 weakest sides left in the competition.

Man United would have preferred Spurs in the draw, as they will reckon they have the beating of them.

Inter arent the team they were last season. Scraped through at the expense of school boy defending from Bayern.

Walter Bishop

I think you will find that more recently Chelsea have had the beating of Man United.

Schalke and Shakhtar are probably the 2 weakest sides left in the competition.

Man United would have preferred Spurs in the draw, as they will reckon they have the beating of them.

Inter arent the team they were last season. Scraped through at the expense of school boy defending from Bayern.

All about opinions mate.

I honestly dont think with the players out injured for United that Spurs would have been a favorable draw. Shaktar are the surprise package for me, they may give Barca a fright.

rossthejambo

Of course he will be, they play very similar to United and hold no surprises, plus David "THE ANIMAL" Luiz is ineligible.

Alex or Ivanovic will do a good enough job in there.

Course they don't hold any surprises, doesn't make them an easy draw though. I'm sure Blackpool would be saying the same thing if they drew Man Utd instead of Gothenburg in a game because they know how Man Utd play :rolleyes:

It doesn't mean that they'll have any better chance of winning. Schalke were the easy draw of the round. I guarantee Man Utd would have fancied playing Tottenham a lot more than playing Chelsea.

All about opinions mate.

I honestly dont think with the players out injured for United that Spurs would have been a favorable draw. Shaktar are the surprise package for me, they may give Barca a fright.

Man United would have definately favoured a tie against Spurs rather than Chelsea. I dont see how having players missing would change that :blink:

Barca will have far too much for Shaktar. Reckon Barca will win 3 or 4-0 in the first leg leaving Shaktar with far too much to do.

The Treasurer

2 x Semi

1 x league

1 x Copa Del Rey

The difference with this is that the football world will be relishing the possibility whereas when a similar situation arises with the so called "greatest club game in the world" it's only seen as a drain on police and emergency services resources

jamboinglasgow

Harry to end Jose's unbeaten home record?????!!!

Lovely Jubbly.

Actually its only a domestic home beaten run. He has lost at home in the champions league in recent years.

shaun.lawson

Predictions:

UEFA Champions League

Quarter-finals:

Real Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea v Manchester United

FC Barcelona v Shakhtar Donetsk

Internazionale v Schalke 04

Semi-finals:

Internazionale v Chelsea

Real Madrid v FC Barcelona

Final:

Chelsea v FC Barcelona

I do give Spurs something of a chance against Real; but of the sides remaining, only Madrid could beat Barca over two legs. Spurs would have no chance in a semi against them. Mind you, if Real upset Barca, a final between them and Chelsea at Wembley might also end in a surprise. Don't discount Chelsea's chances of winning it this year.

UEFA Europa League

Quarter-finals:

FC Porto v Spartak Moscow

Benfica v PSV Eindhoven

Villarreal v FC Twente

Braga v Dynamo Kiev

Semi-finals:

Braga v Benfica

FC Porto v Villarreal

Final:

Benfica v FC Porto*

*nap

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Can't shake the feeling the whole thing just opened up for Mourinho. Take care of Spurs, do to Bartha in the semis what he did last year and then beat Chelsea in the final in a scrappy match or on penalties.

The Old Tolbooth

As much as it pains me to say it, I reckon manure will be too streetwise for Chelsea over the two legs :(

Predictions:

UEFA Champions League

Quarter-finals:

Real Madrid v Tottenham Hotspur

Chelsea v Manchester United

FC Barcelona v Shakhtar Donetsk

Internazionale v Schalke 04

Semi-finals:

Internazionale v Chelsea

Real Madrid v FC Barcelona

Final:

Chelsea v FC Barcelona

I do give Spurs something of a chance against Real; but of the sides remaining, only Madrid could beat Barca over two legs. Spurs would have no chance in a semi against them. Mind you, if Real upset Barca, a final between them and Chelsea at Wembley might also end in a surprise. Don't discount Chelsea's chances of winning it this year.

UEFA Europa League

Quarter-finals:

FC Porto v Spartak Moscow

Benfica v PSV Eindhoven

Villarreal v FC Twente

Braga v Dynamo Kiev

Semi-finals:

Braga v Benfica

FC Porto v Villarreal

Final:

Benfica v FC Porto*

*nap

Hopefully only 1 wrong in that list Shaun...I think (hope) Man U will beat Chelski over 2 legs. :thumbsup:

Would love to see a Barca v Real Madrid Final.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

As much as it pains me to say it, I reckon manure will be too streetwise for Chelsea over the two legs :(

Man U are done. Wouldn't be surprised to see them lose all three competitions they're in. They've got more injuries than fit players!

dobmisterdobster

Tin foil hat moment here. This draw is ******* fixed!

They put Chelsea & Man U together and gave both La Liga sides ridiculously easy games.

Go **** yourself EUFA! Corrupt ****s!

Archived