Ryan Stevenson

S.N.T.H.

The Old Tolbooth

He's actually not.

No he isn't

Nope sorry got to disagree with you there.

I still think Obua is worse :P

Both are absolutely dire. Like chosing between two STD's. Bin them both in the summer.

I have to agree with this though, perfectly put! :thumbsup:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

I am surprised he is not getting blamed for the crisis in Libya and the recent disasters in New Zealand and Japan.

That was all Vlad's fault :whistling:

Gordon Ramsay

RS- Isnt the best player in the world, but i think the hearts fans need to get off his back, he is playing for Hearts and wearing a maroon top, we should be getting behind every player that wears a hearts top! Roll on Saturday, to get back on track.

I'm afraid I can't, he's just too crap.

Boab Mugabe

He was a gamble signing when we brought him in, hoping he could be a Colin Cameron type player for us.

It hasn't worked, punt him in the summer and move on.

He's in a large group of players we need to see moved on.

Just not good enough.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

He's a good player, frequently asked to play out of position but still gives 100%. I bet nobody remembers the ICT game in December when he came on and changed the game, involved in every good thing we did. Like Ian Black, he's taking a long time to step up but he'll get there. Good to know you've all seen him and the likes of Gary Glen in training everyday and are in a good position to decide who should and shouldn't be at the club.

He's a good player, frequently asked to play out of position but still gives 100%. I bet nobody remembers the ICT game in December when he came on and changed the game, involved in every good thing we did. Like Ian Black, he's taking a long time to step up but he'll get there. Good to know you've all seen him and the likes of Gary Glen in training everyday and are in a good position to decide who should and shouldn't be at the club.

Training is irrelevant.

They can train like Pele on a daily basis, but if they can't transfer that onto the football pitch, they shouldn't be there.

And one good performance does not make a player.

Ray Winstone

:vrface:

Problem Officer?

As pish as he is there's no danger he will be going anywhere in the summer.

heartsfc_fan

As pish as he is there's no danger he will be going anywhere in the summer.

Pretty sure he's out of contract. Only signed on for 18 months when he joined us last Jan.

I would put money on Utd pipping us for third spot now as we will not pick up many points now between now and the end of the season.

How much? It's never going to happen.

I still think Obua is worse :P

Me too! ;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Well if you are correct it does not say much for JJ and his backroom team's motivational skills.

I also can't believe that JJ said what he did about tying up third place as that gives the players the impression that they have more or less secured third spot.

I would put money on Utd pipping us for third spot now as we will not pick up many points now between now and the end of the season.

?200 to Hearts development.

We'll see how much pish you're talking.

mahgrassyshoes

?200 to Hearts development.

We'll see how much pish you're talking.

:yas:

It has been obvious to anyone with eyes that the guy is a journeyman pro and a squad player at best. However, it's not his fault he's been selected for Hearts, it is the manager's fault.

Mickey Cameron

Dont think he has cut it at hearts!

But settle down no where near our worst player last night, obua, Glen,driver no effect when involved, 2 tts, as well alot of poor performers last night! hes getting alot of blame when theres many others in our squad who are not deserving there wages right now!

hes on less than a grand a week decent squad player.

settle down!

If we clear him then 5 or 6 can follow!

rossthejambo

Dont think he has cut it at hearts!

But settle down no where near our worst player last night, obua, Glen,driver no effect when involved, 2 tts, as well alot of poor performers last night! hes getting alot of blame when theres many others in our squad who are not deserving there wages right now!

hes on less than a grand a week decent squad player.

settle down!

If we clear him then 5 or 6 can follow!

Have a word, 3 of those players came on as bloody substitutes and Elliott had absolutely nothing to work with.

Stevenson played 90 minutes, for the last 3 games and still nothing. Sorry, he's just not good enough.

Mickey Cameron

Have a word, 3 of those players came on as bloody substitutes and Elliott had absolutely nothing to work with.

Stevenson played 90 minutes, for the last 3 games and still nothing. Sorry, he's just not good enough.

Stevenson played up top with elliot, so they both got nothing to work with! I think elliot is one of hearts best players this season.

Stevenson is better than the subs he had last night. so hes not first on the list to go!

Would you not agree? or would you rather see obua, glen Clum,mole up top? or whoever else you think?

rossthejambo

Stevenson played up top with elliot, so they both got nothing to work with! I think elliot is one of hearts best players this season.

Stevenson is better than the subs he had last night. so hes not first on the list to go!

Would you not agree? or would you rather see obua, glen Clum,mole up top? or whoever else you think?

I'd rather we played a striker up front with Elliott instead of shoehorning Stevenson into the side at every given opportunity.

Mickey Cameron

I'd rather we played a striker up front with Elliott instead of shoehorning Stevenson into the side at every given opportunity.

So would i but the other options are very standard, stevenson is no great player im not saying that but he holds it in better than other.

still think hearts lack alot withot rudi and kyle, simple as!

I would like to see Scott Robinson given a chance in an attacking midfield/support striker role. I would also be surprised if any other Hearts supporter disagreed.

Mickey Cameron

I would like to see Scott Robinson given a chance in an attacking midfield/support striker role. I would also be surprised if any other Hearts supporter disagreed.

Very much agree!

Unless he has really gone backwards in fitness, form or attitude from when he played under Laszlo I find it strange that he's not been used recently.

Could really do with a player with his energy in that position.

Unless he has really gone backwards in fitness, form or attitude from when he played under Laszlo I find it strange that he's not been used recently.

Could really do with a player with his energy in that position.

I can't see how his fitness, form or attitude could be any worse than many of our current first team players. It would give me a real boost to hear that he is starting on Saturday, as you say his energy levels are great and the fans really fed off that last season.

Seymour M Hersh

Half a million on Petric :rolleyes:

And the rest when you take into account wages and pay off nearer ?1.5m

We should see if we can get better players before losing the ones we already have. :unsure:

But he is out of contract.

Do you think we should offer him a new deal?

Drylaw Hearts

We should see if we can get better players before losing the ones we already have. :unsure:

The club needs to make a decision pretty soon about Stevenson though and who knows who will become available to us over the next few months.

Also...

If we can't get better than than Stevenson then we need new scouts.

The club needs to make a decision pretty soon about Stevenson though and who knows who will become available to us over the next few months.

Also...

If we can't get better than than Stevenson then we need new scouts.

Spot on - Ryan Stevenson has really failed to measure up. Murray Davidson of St Johnstone would be a far better prospect for us.

Drylaw Hearts

Murray Davidson of St Johnstone would be a far better prospect for us.

I agree.

I think he has one more season left on his contract and ST J may look to cash-in this summer.

I'd test their resolve with a cash plus player offer.

Murray Davidson isn't up too much, tbh.

We have to look abroad because the standard of midfielder in this league is pish poor. Only two I'd accept are the Dundee Utd pair.

Drylaw Hearts

We have to look abroad because the standard of midfielder in this league is pish poor. Only two I'd accept are the Dundee Utd pair.

The times I've seen him he's looked pretty good.

He's just been called up for Scotland also so he must be doing it in more than just the games I've seen.

I agree.

I think he has one more season left on his contract and ST J may look to cash-in this summer.

I'd test their resolve with a cash plus player offer.

I am not being funny, but would be genuinely interested to hear who you would suggest.

The obvious players we want out are either shite or nearly out of contract. From those in contract that I could see us possibly offering, C.Elliot? Glen? J.Thomson? R.McGowan? If we were talking about their best player, which we are, we wouldn't get away with one of those players plus a nominal fee. None of those would knock a lot off a prospective deal.

Davidson is still young and if he progresses then he would be a very saleable asset - the very thing that Vlad likes. I've seen him a couple of times this season and I have to admit he's impressed me. I agree about the Dundee United Players though

The times I've seen him he's looked pretty good.

He's just been called up for Scotland also so he must be doing it in more than just the games I've seen.

Ian Black used to look great for Inverness.

We need to think beyond the obvious players in the SPL.

Like the two at Dundee United, aye?

Drylaw Hearts

I am not being funny, but would be genuinely interested to hear who you would suggest.

The obvious players we want out are either shite or nearly out of contract. From those in contract that I could see us possibly offering, C.Elliot? Glen? J.Thomson? R.McGowan? If we were talking about their best player, which we are, we wouldn't get away with one of those players plus a nominal fee. None of those would knock a lot off a prospective deal.

Ian Black plus any/most/all of the players you've mentioned.

Anything off the cash value helps.

Like the two at Dundee United, aye?

I said they are the only two I'd want, we won't get them though.

Drylaw Hearts

I think it's a market we've neglected in the past and it cost us.

We've brought over countless cheaper end foreign players and it's not really worked out.

I think it's a market we've neglected in the past and it cost us.

We've brought over countless cheaper end foreign players and it's not really worked out.

Fair enough.

The prospect of Bryson or Davidson just bores me.

Ian Black plus any/most/all of the players you've mentioned.

Anything off the cash value helps.

To be honest, I never thought of Black. He could be worth a bit. ?150,000 plus Black or ?200,000 plus Black and Elliot?

davemclaren

But he is out of contract.

Do you think we should offer him a new deal?

We need a squad of players and it may be JJ thinks he can do a job. My own thoughts are that he hasn't really improved much since he joined. However, as I said, if we can't afford better then we may need to keep him.

Drylaw Hearts

Fair enough.

The prospect of Bryson or Davidson just bores me.

I used to get excited by a player from overseas arriving at Tynecastle.

Not anymore though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Novikovas stay on at McDermid Park next season.

Drylaw Hearts

To be honest, I never thought of Black. He could be worth a bit. ?150,000 plus Black or ?200,000 plus Black and Elliot?

That sounds ok to me bh but I don't know how much ST J would want - a cap for Scotland wouldn't help our chances of getting him on the cheap though.

Drylaw Hearts

I would.

I don't think it's going that well for him there.

I think that Scott Robertson of United would be a perfect addition to our midfield.

Good age, comfortable on the ball, good range of passing and fit enough to get up and down the park. All the things which we would like Stevenson to be able to do.

I would be, considering they are not playing him and won't be able to afford him anyway.

Drylaw Hearts

We need a squad of players and it may be JJ thinks he can do a job. My own thoughts are that he hasn't really improved much since he joined. However, as I said, if we can't afford better then we may need to keep him.

I'd rather we took a punt on another lower league player tbh.

Stevenson has had his shot and failed to take it.

Archived