Ryan Stevenson

S.N.T.H.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

I'd like to echo those sentiments. He's way out his depth.

I worry that JJ will be championing him to Vlad for a new contract, I just hope Vlad shoots it down and brings back Ivaskevicius.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Rubbish again. Out of his depth. Bin in the summer.

That is all.

Boring , blame it on the tattooed man after all it's a team of individuals

Hearts are already on their summer holidays our season ended in January

gowestjambo

Rubbish again. Out of his depth. Bin in the summer.

That is all.

You better get your tin hat on, there were a number of people telling us he was a fantastic player (based upon a 2 yard toe poke against rangers)

I wonder what some Hearts supporters are watching at times. Anyone who watches football should have come to the same conclusion - Absolute Rubbish!

You'd have thought someone would have mentioned this before.

Can I start the "Ryan Stevenson" thread for after Saturday's game?

It'll save some time.

Did not see tonight's game but on the radio they said he was playing centre forward?

Clearly not his position and unfair to judge really as a result - but he hasn't shone anywhere in his year at the club.

Our best performance without Kyle up front was when Elliott and Glen played as a pair up front in the last half hour or so at Kilmarnock. Do not understand why JJ thinks that with Kyle out that we need a big player up front - when the options seem to be the hapless Obua or Elliot or Stevenson.

penicuik jambo

He's not boring mate he's 100% correct, he is no where near good enough for us, poor poor player

It'll save some time.

Damn, i forgot to run it by you before posting. :rolleyes:

Fact is, he's utterly horrendous. Every single time i see him he's a lumbering fool. He's 1st Division standard, simple as that.

Johanes de Silentio

I'll wager JJ gives him another contract :down:

I bet he does too!

He hasn't earned it - Robinson and big Denys must be scunnered by Stevenson starting ahead of them.

Fact is, he's utterly horrendous. Every single time i see him he's a lumbering fool. He's 1st Division standard, simple as that.

Didn't ask you to run it by me son, but perhaps you should in the future.

I'll keep you right.

thumbsup.gif

Wanted him to be the new Paul Hartley... he is not and he is definately not worth a new contract.

Like him to go now please, take Obua with you.

Didn't ask you to run it by me son, but perhaps you should in the future.

I'll keep you right.

thumbsup.gif

Keep on topic, chump.

Standard kickback.

I bet he does too!

He hasn't earned it - Robinson and big Denys must be scunnered by Stevenson starting ahead of them.

I don't see the point in putting Robinson on the bench and not giving him a run out :down:

Teuchterjambo

It'll save some time.

Now there is a good idea - hopefully there will be little reponse though due to the fact that hopefully he won't be playing .

:whistling:

As a manager JJ has never had money to spend ( maybe Bradford ? ) so he trolls the lower divisions looking for potential stars.

So Stevenson wont make it - not all his fault - more senior ( so called professionals at HMFC ) players dont help him.

I am not defending Stenvenson - its the way JJ looks for talent - cue Brechin centre forward !

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sometimes you can see the point in a more experienced player getting a jersey at the expense of trying a youngster but in this particular case no one is going to convince me a young guy will contribute less then this character.

Thanks for the goal against the Huns but it's time for Stevenson to drop back down to his level.

Johanes de Silentio

I don't see the point in putting Robinson on the bench and not giving him a run out :down:

Especially when there are players on the field who aren't producing.

I can only think that JJ is giving guys like Stevenson a run in the team to give them the opportunity to earn a new deal - Stevenson ain't earning it.

As a manager JJ has never had money to spend ( maybe Bradford ? ) so he trolls the lower divisions looking for potential stars.

So Stevenson wont make it - not all his fault - more senior ( so called professionals at HMFC ) players dont help him.

I am not defending Stenvenson - its the way JJ looks for talent - cue Brechin centre forward !

Half a million on Petric :rolleyes:

gowestjambo

At least Brechin have a Centre Forward..........

The Old Tolbooth

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he came as I thought he would make the step up, but he hasn't, he's been a big disappointment for me, still better than Obua though!!!

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he came as I thought he would make the step up, but he hasn't, he's been a big disappointment for me, still better than Obua though!!!

He's actually not.

No he isn't

rossthejambo

Nope sorry got to disagree with you there.

When he first arrived I thought after a full pre-season he was going to be a big player for us this season. Unfortunately I was wrong.

At the end of the day, he was a low risk signing, and one who has been showing potential for a few years before he moved to us. JJ should be applauded for taking the gamble, but I'm afraid it's time for him to go, clearly not good enough.

Good luck to the guy in his future, and I for one am gutted for him that it hasn't worked out.

When he first arrived I thought after a full pre-season he was going to be a big player for us this season. Unfortunately I was wrong.

At the end of the day, he was a low risk signing, and one who has been showing potential for a few years before he moved to us. JJ should be applauded for taking the gamble, but I'm afraid it's time for him to go, clearly not

good enough.

Good luck to the guy in his future, and I for one am gutted for him that it hasn't worked out.

This. As I stated on a thread a few month back RS may not be the most technically gifted player to wear maroon he is a trier. Unfortunately it looks like he is struggling to perform at this level. An easy target for the boo boys right now. It's easy to single a player like Stevenson out when in all honestly the whole team, bar kello, have been honking recently. If he leaves in the summer I wish him all the best in the future. Pretty sure he can win a contract with another SPL or 1st division side.

ToadKiller Dog

There is no creativity in our central midfield does not matter who we play there. Time the Ukranian lad is given a chance.

gowestjambo

This. As I stated on a thread a few month back RS may not be the most technically gifted player to wear maroon he is a trier. Unfortunately it looks like he is struggling to perform at this level. An easy target for the boo boys right now. It's easy to single a player like Stevenson out when in all honestly the whole team, bar kello, have been honking recently. If he leaves in the summer I wish him all the best in the future. Pretty sure he can win a contract with another SPL or 1st division side.

This seems a long way from your previous accusation of people being roasters to dare criticise someone who always gave 110%.......

and which SPL team do you think would want him?

Agree with this, bad results and only 2 players are criticised...obua and stevenson, despite the whole team bar kello playing poorly. Win as a team, lose as a team. Hopefully they bounce back beat st mirren and kick on with the derby coming up!

He's not a trier.

Broxburn_Jambo

Didn't win a header all night, first touch of a donkey, turns like an oil tanker and slower than a week in the jail. Would be an embarrassment to the first division.

Bad combination..lacking confidence and ability. Mind you Driver was so far off the pace it was amazing and Wallace isn't match fit either. Best players tonight included Eggert (way better than Bouzid or Thomson) and Palazuelos! Obviously Kyle's value to the team continues to grow week by week. We should however still have the squad to have done way better tonight having had more than a week to prepare. Not looking forward to work tomorrow!angry.gif

FWIW Ryan wasn't the worst on the park he tried his best and was always showing for the ball. The real pity in it all is his best ain't good enough at SPL level. No slight on the lad just facts.

Thommo, Bouzid, Zal, Elliott shocking lads, just shocking tonight. :verymad:

Gordon Ramsay

He's not a trier.

This. He's not a trier. He's an overweight, kebab munching, tattooed bellend. Hope he pisses off in the Summer.

I'd also like to add, despite most of the others not being the kebab munching, tattooed bellend that Stevenson is. They are still bellends, not kicked a ball since New Years day!

im almost ashamed to admit that when he first signed I was actually quite exited and looking forward to seeing him after watching this on YouTube

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=ms-android-tmobile-gb&ei=MnGBTYjwO4mR8wOUg8cI&gl=gb&hl=en&q=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3Dmvzg2ZQ2LNw&source=android-launcher-widget&ved=0CAoQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNFlYDEy3KmsNfqXPt75hWM2m9wU1Q

I just feel stupid now :sweat:

im almost ashamed to admit that when he first signed I was actually quite exited and looking forward to seeing him after watching this on YouTube

http://www.google.co...XPt75hWM2m9wU1Q

I just feel stupid now :sweat:

I doubt he's actually run that far in all the matches he's played for us !

Anyway yeh, I have to say I thought he might blossom this year myself but he's never really stepped up to the plate

I am surprised he is not getting blamed for the crisis in Libya and the recent disasters in New Zealand and Japan.

oh ah grantona

i reckon he is a decent player (not a starter in a hearts side) he is a cameo player to come see out a game and cover if injuries and suspensions that said does he deserve to be kepping a gary glen out team (rather have him than stevo out of position). I think we can find better in summer and has been said we have to many central midfielders at club who do same job or are as same quality.

i still think stevo is a lower spl player which makes it strange he cant perform better with us

grumpyespana

Well I have reserved judgement on Ryan until now after watching last nights game on Alba he is clearly not up to the standard we require at Tynecastle, sure he runs about and gives his all, maybe he would be okay as back up incase of injuries but with his contract up JJ should be looking to replace him along with a few others ie Mole, Glen, Obua and that polish defender we never see playing he was a complete waste of money.

Grumpy.

mahgrassyshoes

FWIW Ryan wasn't the worst on the park he tried his best and was always showing for the ball. The real pity in it all is his best ain't good enough at SPL level. No slight on the lad just facts.

Thommo, Bouzid, Zal, Elliott shocking lads, just shocking tonight. :verymad:

All he had to work with was Bouzid lumping the ball up to him. He was up against Daly and Dillon. Never stood a chance.

This. He's not a trier. He's an overweight, kebab munching, tattooed bellend. Hope he pisses off in the Summer.

I'd also like to add, despite most of the others not being the kebab munching, tattooed bellend that Stevenson is. They are still bellends, not kicked a ball since New Years day!

RS- Isnt the best player in the world, but i think the hearts fans need to get off his back, he is playing for Hearts and wearing a maroon top, we should be getting behind every player that wears a hearts top! Roll on Saturday, to get back on track.

Well if you are correct it does not say much for JJ and his backroom team's motivational skills.

I also can't believe that JJ said what he did about tying up third place as that gives the players the impression that they have more or less secured third spot.

I would put money on Utd pipping us for third spot now as we will not pick up many points now between now and the end of the season.

Dunk-Section G

I admit that I am a fan of Stevenson.

Like many Hearts players on here he becomes a scapegoat when things dont go well. OK, he isnt the first name on the sheet but he is a decent back-up player who (from my understanding) is not on big money. He has been played out of position routinely but has worked pretty hard and not done too badly all things considered - remember the goal versus Rangers!?

However, we then have players like Elliot who has routinely been given chances in his correct position and has not done anything to repay the faith, except a good start to this season.

Archived