**** Official Matchday Fred ****

Everybody loves Baz

Tyrion Lannister

Jefferies and the squad need to have a word.

We've been lacklustre for too many games now.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeffries cannot play without a target man. We end up with the farcical situation where we play Stevenson at attacking midfielder, purely because he can win a header(he can't). Players look scared to get the ball down and pass it. It's get it forward asap. Same for the wingers. Don't look up, just beat your man(they cant). Rank.

jambo_til_i_die

If we mess up and don't finish 3rd, JJ may find himself looking for another job. Very poor effort this year.

31 points from 33, after having such a poor start? I think this is an over-reaction.

Only a Game

Whats unacceptable to me is that we went there looking for a 0-0 draw. You could tell as soon as the team was read out that we were going to show no ambition.

JJ went for a 0-1 or 0-0......nothing else was on offer.

In fact CL and CL would have done the same.........pretty sad.

What we need to work on in training this week. Throw ins and 5 yard simple passes. This is shocking

A million times this!! Ridding the team of Stevenson would go a long way towards that!! Templeton needs to learn to stop the showboating extra touches and get the fecking head up. Drills tomorrow should also include keeping the ball within striding distance and someone needs to take Jefferies aside and fecking slap him for his dire tactics.

Only a Game

31 points from 33, after having such a poor start? I think this is an over-reaction.

You dont think if he loses an 18 point lead that'll he be in danger of being sacked ?

I do. In fact I think if it happens its a certainty and its totally justified.

Skivingatwork

As hard as it is I can accept us losing a game where we have fought for everything and gave 100%.

However, recent performances have been far below that standard - poor attitude + minimal effort = sh!te result. :verymad:

gowestjambo

UTTER SHITE ! WTF IS GOING ON NOW !OUR RECENT GOOD RUN WAS NOTHING BUT LUCKY

No one should have been fooled by the results when the underlying performances were there for all to see.

He hasn't come up with anything and it's really showing now.

Maybe Razulis could do a job? What about sticking Zal or Bouzid up there? I dunno but what he's doing now ain't working.

Zal or Bouzid??!! Really? We must be desperate if this is the best we can conjure up! He is going to have to look at changing things but this isnt the way to go.

Ray Winstone

I can honestly say I would be less peeved if we had just gone out with a 4-3-3 formation instead of the 4-5-1 with 2 holding midfielders and come away with the same result.

Jefferies love of the defensive when your winning 1-0 is frustrating enough but to do it from the start of a match is infuriating.

A million times this!! Ridding the team of Stevenson would go a long way towards that!! Templeton needs to learn to stop the showboating extra touches and get the fecking head up. Drills tomorrow should also include keeping the ball within striding distance and someone needs to take Jefferies aside and fecking slap him for his dire tactics.

We never take quick throw-ins or free kicks. It's always pump it forward.

And if we're passing the ball, we need people to actually provide some movement. Everyone is static.

hearts_crazy

Pathetic, toothless performance. How can we miss one player (Kyle obviously) so ******* much, it's ridiculous. Might as well give that Razulis fellly a shot, absolutely no point whatsoever playing Gary Glen and David ******* Obua, we might as well have not put anyone one.

BTW how can someone get three throw ins on the trot and throw every single one to an opposition player?

Dundee Utd will not believe they've won that 2-0 BTW, it had 0-0 written all over it.

A definite Dundee United win?

Go and put your life savings on it then if its a definite United win.

I did cheers.

Chris Benoit

Proof please.

Unbelievably he's telling the truth. 26th Feb and Lawson was amongst the posters ridiculing him :ninja:

Only a Game

I can honestly say I would be less peeved if we had just gone out with a 4-3-3 formation instead of the 4-5-1 with 2 holding midfielders and come away with the same result.

Jefferies love of the defensive when your winning 1-0 is frustrating enough but to do it from the start of a match is infuriating.

If he sets up a team like that, he's got to get the result he is looking for or he needs to take the pelters that are coming his way.

We started that game with TWO attack minded players FFS !!!

winston churchill

heavy legged dundee hibernian two

off the boil and our poor squad players have been found out hearts nil

:rolleyes:

we really are a spent force and have been shan since the newyears game.

like i said when we had an 18 points gap.............we will limp across the line for third spot.

maybe time for the fax machine to be fired up.

heavy legged dundee hibernian two

off the boil and our poor squad players have been found out hearts nil

edit.

just saw the team and with black,wallace and he willnae play again this season mr webster back....... we wont lose.

That was your full quote pal.

The Real Maroonblood

Pathetic, utterly pathetic!

Shows just how fragile a squad we really have

JJ said we have a stronger squad than 1998. :lol:

gowestjambo

JJ said we have a stronger squad than 1998. :lol:

Man I hope he really didnt think that..........

Since, and including, the derby it's been 19 from 33 ................and might have been 16 with arguably the theft of 3 points off the Hun at Tynecastle !

So at what point does it become worrying?, given that IMO most of those PERFORMANCES have been less than impressive :angry:

gowestjambo

Since, and including, the derby it's been 19 from 33 ................and might have been 16 with arguably the theft of 3 points off the Hun at Tynecastle !

So at what point does it become worrying?, given that IMO most of those PERFORMANCES have been less than impressive :angry:

I dont think some fans can see the differences between results and performances...........

Whats unacceptable to me is that we went there looking for a 0-0 draw. You could tell as soon as the team was read out that we were going to show no ambition.

This is exactly what needs to be addressed pronto. We spend a shed load more than Dundee Utd. so if we're not going onto the park looking to completely blow them away then someone isn't doing their job properly. There'll be the odd game where we draw or lose against opposition like this but in general it shouldn't even be close.

portobellojambo1

I was actually quite pleased when I heard the team on the bus going up. In fact, I was pleased with the way we started the game, for about the first 10-15 minutes we kept the ball on the deck, kept it moving quickly and looked more than comfortable. But from then on we reverted to punting the ball up the park. Once again I was surprised when Stephen Elliott was taken off (although possibly understandable given the amount of running he was forced to do) and was disappointed we weren't brave enough to actually start the match with the two forwards who have combined best since Kyle dropped out, Glen and Stephen Elliott (Kilmarnock, Rugby Park, 2nd half).

In the end we lost 2-0, and without even attempting to beef us up at all (because last 10 minutes of 1st half and all 2nd half we were woeful) a scoreline of 2-0 flattered them, as both sides were as bad as each other. The only pass marks in the Hearts side tonight were Marian Kello in goal and one outfield player, Andy Webster. Marius Zaliukas, without putting too fine a point on it, was shit awful (and totally to blame for the first goal, be interesting to see if we have any threads requesting that he be punted out to Raith Rovers or wherever) and Ryan Stevenson was even worse. Many others appeared to have lost the ability to pass a ball more than 12 inches.

Need to get back on track Saturday versus St Mirren, and hopefully follow up with a victory down at Easter Road.

Say What Again

Where's Phannybaws ?

Hands up. I made a Zibby of it. :(

Saw the thread, but the rules are I cant post until you have.

Totally missed your post early in the thread. :yucky:

I was hospital visiting tonight and even checked the fecking thing up until I left to see if you had made it yet.

Had to leave thinking the circle was broken. Unknown to me it had been - by me. :(

I accept full responsibility for the defeat, and apologise to LC, Baz, and everyone else, for causing the negative vibes (a la fake match threads and merged match threads).

:( :( :( :(

Archived