"Hearts start planning summer recruitment drive"

Isaac Clarke

Johanes de Silentio

Oh, aye - according to this morning's Metro, JJ is heading out to meet with Vlad sometime in the next 10 days to discuss potential ins and outs.

Free transfers who will take less than ?4K but will receive a pay rise from us. Get rid of squad players who are on a good wage themselves.

Can't see us paying money unless we sell some one for a fair bit of cash.

Good we're starting it early this time - we always seem to take ages to complete a signing.

Not even remotely on topic but I couldn't not comment on your avatar. "Hide yo kids, hide yo wife... and hide yo husbands"

FireHearts98

Here comes us being linked to every player who will be a free agent at the end of the season now.

Not even remotely on topic but I couldn't not comment on your avatar. "Hide yo kids, hide yo wife... and hide yo husbands"

:thumb:

You don't need to come and confess...

John Sutton, thank you very much!

Everyone wants Sutton all of a sudden. When did Adam Rooney full of the wish list?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Skacel's nine goals have been vitaly important this season, he reacts quicker in the box than most and puts away slid-in chances and nicks in in front of defenders. I'd like to see him stay personally. Maybe with Taouille (sp?) to take some of the pressure of him he could be even more effective?

I think it might be easier to bring in a good passer of the ball to replace Ruben than it would be to fill the creative midfielder/central goal-threat that we have not had in seemingly ages.

Why didn't we do this in January when Kyle was injured and we were still right up with the OF ?

We did nowt and now we're ten points adrift with no chance of catching either of them.

It seems to me like waffle to hide a lack of ambition.

I've seen Hearts finish second four times.

I want to win the title.

Winning cups and Euro qualification are nice but if we're not going to try to win the title, what's the point ?

I'll throw in my tuppence-worth then if they're starting to think about next season,

OUT: Bouzid, Witteveen, Kucharski, Mole, Calum Elliot, Obua, Driver (depending on injuries), Glen, McDonald or Balogh and a few fringe players that won't make the grade.

KEEP: Craig Thomson, Webster, Templeton, Suso, Zaliukas(not a big fan of his but Diamond being the possible alternative?...FFS!), Jonsson, Black, Kyle, Steven Elliott, Wallace, Palazuelos, Kello, Mroviec(not that bothered about either way, same with Jason Thomson)and Barr, if only to give him a chance at least if nothing else.

BRING IN: An experienced right-back (?), back-up for Wallace, maybe someone experienced like Hammell at M'well, Gomis and Conway at Dundee Utd, Sutton, Hateley and Murphy at M'well, Taouil at Killie, Rooney at Inverness, two centre-halves from the lower Leagues in England, there's a few decent ones down there and look at what potential is to be had in the SFL, see whats available abroad or bring in one or two loan players, everyone else in Scotland does! The squad would be along the lines of....

Kello..................Balogh

(Exp. RB)..............C. Thomson

Wallace................Hammell

(New CH)...............Barr

Webster................Zaliukas

Jonsson................Palazuelos

Suso...................Murphy

Taouil.................Gomis

Kyle...................Sutton

S.Elliott..............Rooney

Templeton..............Conway

subs, any from that second team and Hateley, Mroviec, or one or two youngsters.

Those players are worth looking at, any three or four of them would improve the team.

Horatio Caine

I'll throw in my tuppence-worth then if they're starting to think about next season,

OUT: Bouzid, Witteveen, Kucharski, Mole, Calum Elliot, Obua, Driver (depending on injuries), Glen, McDonald or Balogh and a few fringe players that won't make the grade.

KEEP: Craig Thomson, Webster, Templeton, Suso, Zaliukas(not a big fan of his but Diamond being the possible alternative?...FFS!), Jonsson, Black, Kyle, Steven Elliott, Wallace, Palazuelos, Kello, Mroviec(not that bothered about either way, same with Jason Thomson)and Barr, if only to give him a chance at least if nothing else.

BRING IN: An experienced right-back (?), back-up for Wallace, maybe someone experienced like Hammell at M'well, Gomis and Conway at Dundee Utd, Sutton, Hateley and Murphy at M'well, Taouil at Killie, Rooney at Inverness, two centre-halves from the lower Leagues in England, there's a few decent ones down there and look at what potential is to be had in the SFL, see whats available abroad or bring in one or two loan players, everyone else in Scotland does! The squad would be along the lines of....

Those players are worth looking at, any three or four of them would improve the team.

Dream on, brother!

Dream on, brother!

If any of the above players mentioned signed for us they'd cost less than the likes of Bouzid amongst others. All players mentioned will, more than likely, be on less money at the clubs they're at and if you get rid of the hangers-on that were mentioned in the "out" section, it'd free up 8 or 9 salaries. No-one's daft enough to think we'd sign ALL those players, obviously, but it proves that there are players with better ability for less wages than some are on now.

The Old Tolbooth

John Sutton, thank you very much!

I'm wondering if Motherwell would accept swap deals with Sutton coming our way, and Obua, Elliot, and Mole going their way :whistling:

The Old Tolbooth

They wouldn't need to accept a thing, as Sutton's out of contract.

It would still be a great deal for us :D

mahgrassyshoes

Very few, if any, of these players are going to want to come here and play second fiddle.

donaldius fordovich

I'd now be surprised of MT doesn't come to be honest. I'd love JS to sign - I asked him once if Hearts had been in contact and he said not that he knew about. PB is a non-started however, as Dundee Utd are entitled to compensation (under 24) in the same way Aberdeen will be for losing Chris Maguire.

Is it not the case that they are only entitled to compensation (for developement) if they've had the player since he was a kid? PB has only been with DU for 3 or 4 years so am pretty sure he's a freebie.

I stand corrected!

Why is it every time we have one of these threds, every post throws out players they'd take from other SPL clubs? Yes some if them may improve things, but do we really need to be so insular?

Skacel, Bednar, Fysass, Ruben, Flogel, Adam, Kello, Zal, Adrian didnt come from SPL.

Barr did! :whistling:

Drylaw Hearts

Why is it every time we have one of these threds, every post throws out players they'd take from other SPL clubs? Yes some if them may improve things, but do we really need to be so insular?

Skacel, Bednar, Fysass, Ruben, Flogel, Adam, Kello, Zal, Adrian didnt come from SPL.

How many players do you know who are out of contract in places like Czech Republic, France, Greece, Austria, Poland and Lithuania ?

Very few, if any, of these players are going to want to come here and play second fiddle.

No, i agree but the whole idea on the post was to point out other players at other clubs on less wages are potentially going to be out of contract soon, we don't know how long or how many but their wage would be vastly improved by signing for us rather than staying where they are. Obviously if other clubs, down south maybe were to offer them better contracts then they'd likely go down there. Only the "bigottbrothers" could realistically be able to offer them more, and that's another problem, we've lost out on a few decent players because we didn't move quick enough in the past, at least JJ's looking longer term than waiting to see what scraps are left at the end of the transfer windows, nothing worse than just settling for what's left if it's not going to improve the team. Most of the above players would certainly add something to the current squad, no matter which of them would be signed.

No, they didn't but had anyone heard of them really before they came here? I'm sure one or two players will be looked at from abroad.

The point on Barr... yes, he did come from within our Leagues, doesn't mean they'll be bad players, some of our best signings over the years have come from our own teams, Cameron, McCann, Fulton, Levein, Webster, Niemi, Hartley etc..etc.. we've had a few flops from here also, and cr ap from abroad too don't forget.

Charlie-Brown

Given only Celtic have a bigger playing squad than Hearts and the continuing need to trim the wage bill, players out >= players in.

OUT:

Palazeulos, Bouzid, Kucharski, Mole, + (hopefully) Obua & Balogh but they'd need to agree to go and find other clubs, possibly some younger players also move on loans or released to progress their careers.

SOLD:

Lee Wallace

Andy Driver (probably have to offer him on loan first - as per Bednar)

IN: JJ & VR will decide - hopefully not Zander Diamond tho - he's a pr*ck!

Drylaw Hearts

Given only Celtic have a bigger playing squad than Hearts and the continuing need to trim the wage bill, players out >= players in.

OUT:

Palazeulos, Bouzid, Kucharski, Mole, + (hopefully) Obua & Balogh but they'd need to agree to go and find other clubs, possibly some younger players also move on loans or released to progress their careers.

SOLD:

Lee Wallace

Andy Driver (probably have to offer him on loan first - as per Bednar)

IN: JJ & VR will decide - hopefully not Zander Diamond tho - he's a pr*ck!

Close the thread.

I thought JKB was deciding which players we signed for next season.

Charlie-Brown

Close the thread.

I thought JKB was deciding which players we signed for next season.

jambonian is signing every SPL player out of contract! :)

Drylaw Hearts

He's merely making suggestions.

A bit like you with Kevin Smith.

:teehee:

mahgrassyshoes

No, i agree but the whole idea on the post was to point out other players at other clubs on less wages are potentially going to be out of contract soon, we don't know how long or how many but their wage would be vastly improved by signing for us rather than staying where they are. Obviously if other clubs, down south maybe were to offer them better contracts then they'd likely go down there. Only the "bigottbrothers" could realistically be able to offer them more, and that's another problem, we've lost out on a few decent players because we didn't move quick enough in the past, at least JJ's looking longer term than waiting to see what scraps are left at the end of the transfer windows, nothing worse than just settling for what's left if it's not going to improve the team. Most of the above players would certainly add something to the current squad, no matter which of them would be signed.

Ah, apologies, i read your post as a first 11 and a back up. The players you mentioned are all good SPL players and would add something to the squad. If, as is anticipated, Wallace moves on in the summer, we'll be need a few signings to to get a good squad, more than i think we'll make. We need options for both full back positions. I think we'll see one new centre midfielder coming in and there will be an onus on the youth players to make the step up. After that we need competition for KK, wouldn't mind John Sutton as many have mentioned, and another centre half to replace Bouzid. It's a lot to ask for.

mahgrassyshoes

:lol: This argument was my favourite part of the last transfer window, glad we're getting an encore! :lol:

Charlie-Brown

lots & lots & lots of suggestions...... if we bring in anymore than a few new faces at first team level it will be a surprise imo. JJ & BB seem to acknowledge the priority is to get the numbers down not bring in a whole draft of replacements.

Drylaw Hearts

lots & lots & lots of suggestions...... if we bring in anymore than a few new faces at first team level it will be a surprise imo. JJ & BB seem to acknowledge the priority is to get the numbers down not bring in a whole draft of replacements.

What is wrong with making 'lot & lots & lots' of suggestions ?

It is no more ludicrous than suggesting Kevin Smith as a potential target for any SPL club never mind Hearts.

Anyway....

We all know who makes the decisions and we all know that 99% of the names mentioned on here are unlikely to sign but it's interesting to read who people think we should go for etc.

However...

What is NOT interesting is you continually rubbishing names for boring reasons like money and size of squad etc.

Every transfer window is the same CB.

mahgrassyshoes

This is true, but we still have to replace the good players and make sure it is the dross that are allowed to leave the squad without being replaced.

Charlie-Brown

What is wrong with making 'lot & lots & lots' of suggestions ?

It is no more ludicrous than suggesting Kevin Smith as a potential target for any SPL club never mind Hearts.

Anyway....

We all know who makes the decisions and we all know that 99% of the names mentioned on here are unlikely to sign but it's interesting to read who people think we should go for etc.

However...

What is NOT interesting is you continually rubbishing names for boring reasons like money and size of squad etc.

Every transfer window is the same CB.

I see so even though these boring reasons like money and size of squad mean that we never sign more than a small fraction of number of players people want or expect us to sign and rarely do we ever pay any transfer fees ...... I mean next people will be suggesting we'll sign David Clarkson even though Bristol paid ?750K for him.

kennyblack'sshot

What's with the calls for a squad overhaul and 'moving players on'? We're having our best season for 5 years so we're obviously looking at fine-tuning rather than overhauling our squad.

Fringe players like Mole, etc will be let go as usual and maybe a couple of higher paid out of contract guys like Bouzid and Ruben. Apart from that I can't see much changing. We might tie up one (or two at most) of the SPL out of contracts we would want like Taouil, Gomis or Sutton plus a Vlad 'gift' or two. We haven't sold anyone for a while so we might accept offers for Wallace or Driver but their value hasn't increased as we'd hoped due to their injuries.

Compared to other teams around us, our squad looks quite stable which is a good thing. Look at the players D Utd are about to lose. Killie and Motherwell too. And Hibs are going to be decimated although that's a good thing for them. Other teams' squads, including Rangers, are being propped up by loanees just now.

Charlie-Brown

What's with the calls for a squad overhaul and 'moving players on'? We're having our best season for 5 years so we're obviously looking at fine-tuning rather than overhauling our squad.

Fringe players like Mole, etc will be let go as usual and maybe a couple of higher paid out of contract guys like Bouzid and Ruben. Apart from that I can't see much changing. We might tie up one (or two at most) of the SPL out of contracts we would want like Taouil, Gomis or Sutton plus a Vlad 'gift' or two. We haven't sold anyone for a while so we might accept offers for Wallace or Driver but their value hasn't increased as we'd hoped due to their injuries.

Compared to other teams around us, our squad looks quite stable which is a good thing. Look at the players D Utd are about to lose. Killie and Motherwell too. And Hibs are going to be decimated although that's a good thing for them. Other teams' squads, including Rangers, are being propped up by loanees just now.

This would be my assessment although we don't appear to be after Gomis or Sutton at this stage, possibly because Romanov will want the likes of Prychynenko, Robinson & Gordon Smith etc to be given the opportunity to step up.

Only a Game

This would be my assessment although we don't appear to be after Gomis or Sutton at this stage, possibly because Romanov will want the likes of Prychynenko, Robinson & Gordon Smith etc to be given the opportunity to step up.

Mr Romanov in his well received (by his adoring faithful) but largely lacking in substance, speech released yesterday, if it gave away anything alluded to the fact the future of this club is still heavily reliant on what comes out of the academy ( and lets face it, it aint an awful lot at the moment)

That being the case, I think those expecting a lot of comings an goings, especially comings of experienced SPL pro's from other clubs, are sadly deluded.

We'll see almost all of the out of contract players go. We'll see all of the dead wood still in contract being kept, unfortunately thats a mess we made and have to live with until it tidies itself up. If we get any more than two new players with experience in the right positions we'll be doing well.

Sutton or Rooney plus Taouill or Gomis or Bauben for me please.

Drylaw Hearts

I see so even though these boring reasons like money and size of squad mean that we never sign more than a small fraction of number of players people want or expect us to sign and rarely do we ever pay any transfer fees ...... I mean next people will be suggesting we'll sign David Clarkson even though Bristol paid ?750K for him.

How much do Bristol want for Clarkson CB ?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Charlie said the exact same thing before the last two windows and we've came away with Kyle, Skacel and Webster.

It is almost impossible to predict Hearts transfer activity no matter how logical your reasoning is.

Johanes de Silentio

Not intending to takes sides here, but those are two fairly crucial factors, imo - even if they're not interesting.

Drylaw Hearts

Not intending to takes sides here, but those are two fairly crucial factors, imo - even if they're not interesting.

Of course they are and everyone is well aware of it.

But there is no doubt players will come and players will go - CB's constant attempts at rubbishing rumours has become incredibly boring.

kennyblack'sshot

Mr Romanov in his well received (by his adoring faithful) but largely lacking in substance, speech released yesterday, if it gave away anything alluded to the fact the future of this club is still heavily reliant on what comes out of the academy ( and lets face it, it aint an awful lot at the moment)

That being the case, I think those expecting a lot of comings an goings, especially comings of experienced SPL pro's from other clubs, are sadly deluded.

We'll see almost all of the out of contract players go. We'll see all of the dead wood still in contract being kept, unfortunately thats a mess we made and have to live with until it tidies itself up. If we get any more than two new players with experience in the right positions we'll be doing well.

Sutton or Rooney plus Taouill or Gomis or Bauben for me please.

Depends how you define "a lot". Romano has been banging on about relying on youth for a few years, but Barr, Black, Webster and Kyle have all arrived recently - all experienced SPL pros. So it's not deluded at all to think we might well get, for example, Taouil and Sutton as well as some more young players hopefully getting promoted. As always it will depend on what Championship sides come in for those players offering big bags of cash.

I think most of the dead wood is gone - definitely the expensive deadwood. Maybe just Mole and Kucharski remain as players who haven't contributed anything at all of note during their entire time here. Other fringe players like Obua, MacDonald and Glen have at least contributed.

Personally think Bauben is our missing link. Would hope JJ could persuade him to join.

I'd prefer Gomis rather than bauben. Reckon they'll both end up down south though

Charlie said the exact same thing before the last two windows and we've came away with Kyle, Skacel and Webster.

It is almost impossible to predict Hearts transfer activity no matter how logical your reasoning is.

Nail. On. Head. Charlie's annual austerity message is getting ever more tired and irritating. Hearts aren't run like a normal SPL club, other SPL clubs are not still signing current internationals (the aforementioned Webster, Skacel, Kyle and even Barr) on freedom of contracts.

We need to strike a balance between promotion from the academy and sensible (relative) quality recruitment. Targetting shite such as Neil McGregor and Kevin Smith, Charlie's fantasy signings, is most definitely not the way ahead.

Genghis Khan

"Hearts start planning summer recruitment drive" article appears in press on the same day I get an email telling me about next season's ST. Hmmmm.......call me a cynic......but I don't think these 2 things are entirely unconnected.

davemclaren

"Hearts start planning summer recruitment drive" article appears in press on the same day I get an email telling me about next season's ST. Hmmmm.......call me a cynic......but I don't think these 2 things are entirely unconnected.

Correct, it's only about two months until the end of the season. :whistling:

jamboinglasgow

it all came from the pre-match press conference, where BB was asked questions about future signings amid rumours of Taouil and Diamond.

Archived