we need an anthem

hellokello

Point taken,but not many actually sing it,which is my point.

Taking this thread as a vox populi i dont think oasis will take off. Given that most hearts fans have differing tastes in music i'd imagine you'd get the same for almost every song ever. The only thing hearts fans have in common is that they're hearts fans. Hence the hearts song....

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the ever reliable wikipedia HN was a St. Mirren fan, despite writing and recording songs for HMFC, tramps, Dundee and Dundee United.

Did carl ******* actually sing it? I'm not watching that video listening to his poofy voice for six minutes.

You calling my dad a poof liar?

I've seen good posters banned from this site for having controversial views, causing debates and generally making this site interesting, all be it at times edgy.

Yet this guy is still around. People get banned for being controversial and maybe over stepping the line. Well is it wrong for me to think it works both ways, if you continually start pathetic 12 year old esk threads then you should be gone.

you have just proved my point,too many ppl like you,who add nothing to the atmosphere at tynie,just trying to think of ways to improve things,would prefer ppl to come up with positive comments or dont reply at all,as for being gone,not the end of the world mate.

You calling my dad a poof liar?

Can't say he's a liar for sure...usually he has his mouth full when I see him...

Malcolm Tucker

you have just proved my point,too many ppl like you,who add nothing to the atmosphere at tynie,just trying to think of ways to improve things,would prefer ppl to come up with positive comments or dont reply at all,as for being gone,not the end of the world mate.

Because he's pinpointed you as a shite poster, he doesn't sing at games?

LOGICAL.

OK im sorry mate. I actually think wonderwall is a good idea. You start it at the next home game and I'll join in :thumbsup:

Can't say he's a liar for sure...usually he has his mouth full when I see him...

My dad's dead. I'll leave how he died to your imagination.

And nicol being a st mirren fan is even more galling than his being a hibby.

My dad's dead. I'll leave how he died to your imagination.

And nicol being a st mirren fan is even more galling than his being a hibby.

Choked on something miniscule Huge?

Don't ask how I know.

:verysmug:

OK im sorry mate. I actually think wonderwall is a good idea. You start it at the next home game and I'll join in :thumbsup:

ok pal,i will start it,dont forget to have your radio switched on,wouldnt want you to miss it

ok pal,i will start it,dont forget to have your radio switched on,wouldnt want you to miss it

Ah a twist on the Kickbackers don't go to games.

BUT YOU'RE ON KICKBACK TOO HELLOKELLO!!! DOESN'T THAT MEAN THAT YOU DON'T GO TO GAMES EITHER BECAUSE KICKBACKERS DON'T GO TO GAMES???

Ray Winstone

:isee:

Dude that cut deep :(

Ray Winstone

Dude that cut deep :(

Next he will be chucking you in with the 'half season ticket' brigade. Amirite :smuggy:

Choked on something miniscule Huge?

Don't ask how I know.

:verysmug:

Choked on vomit. Well thats what the cops said. Trouble is you can't actually dust for vomit...

this_is_spinal_tap_3.jpg

Next he will be chucking you in with the 'half season ticket' brigade. Amirite :smuggy:

Pretty sure my silver season ticket will get me in to the next game. Thanks for your concern dunks :smuggy:

ooh,its a clique,i feel so isolated by u big bullies,lol,sad

Ray Winstone

Pretty sure my silver season ticket will get me in to the next game. Thanks for your concern dunks :smuggy:

You, your tartan rug and your Murray Mints will have a cracking good time.

mattyw_1874

I find that amusing. Considering I sing and have sung at every competative match Heart of Midlothian have been involved in this season. Sit up the back in G go to every away game and I do try to sing. Did you pay ?12 for your season ticket last season?

Did you go to feaster road once and joined in with Hello Hello and felt the muts nuts.

Get your facts correct before you accuse me of adding nothing to the atmosphere.

You want an idea. Go to the pub, meet some boys, sing a song, have a couple of pints go to the game and open your mouth. DONT come on kickback and create some persona of Hearts singing crews head cheerleader.

You, your tartan rug and your Murray Mints will have a cracking good time.

nite nite,off to bed wi my tartan rug,cant believe the KB clique are wasting there time posting on such a shit thread,lol,leave u all to stew,bye.

Ray Winstone

nite nite,off to bed wi my tartan rug,cant believe the KB clique are wasting there time posting on such a shit thread,lol,leave u all to stew,bye.

The,tartan,rug,is,for,peecard,no,you,ok?lol <3

Sterling Archer

Wonderwall? They trying to get us to sing wonderwall?

:sheeeit:

Guest Dr. Pepper

:rofl:

What a hilariously inappropriate response to that statement!

I thought he was joking tbh

Apologies if he is actually dead :facepalm:

Ray Winstone

I thought he was joking tbh

Apologies if he is actually dead :facepalm:

:yas:

:lol:

:jjyay:

Brutal.

Seriously though, this is in bad taste. I know someone whose dad is dead.

Guest Dr. Pepper

Brutal.

Seriously though, this is in bad taste. I know someone whose dad is dead.

No harm intended. Some of my best friends are black dead

Tommy Wiseau

:lol:

Farcical. But seriously though I once saw a programme where someone's dad was dead, so that really offends me. Poor Tracy Beaker. :(

No harm intended. Some of my best friends are black dead

Whilst my old man posts on KB i dont think he knows what my username is. If he did i fear it would send him to the grave faster than attempting to fellate boomstick.

jamboinglasgow

Its an interesting one having a new anthem. Wonderwall though is the complete wrong choice for a football anthem.

Look at most anthems the football fans sing, most are not fast paced, they are simple to sing and allow you to belt it out.

I think we already have the chance to make Hey Jude are anthem, but we need to start it from the beginning with the crowd singing. Then when it gets to the bit that always gets played we could start the twirly with the scarfs just before the fans run out. If we got most of the crowd singing and enough doing the twirly it would look good and sound great.

Obviously the Hearts anthem is the main anthem, and the European song works really well during the match (possibly biased but I think its one of the best songs sung in Scottish football.) I know people cringe whenever this is said but would like our support to have more volume and more banners.

As a sidenote on a sort of Hearts related note,here is FC Koln's anthem, and one of the players in the video is Kevin McKenna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8gjFo1CgEk

I think we already have the chance to make Hey Jude are anthem,

That's a new one for you JiG. You should of written 'our'.

jamboinglasgow

That's a new one for you JiG. You should of written 'our'.

I can put that down as a one off. Dont know what came over me there.

I can put that down as a one off. Dont know what came over me there.

2aFish's dad?

Great thread! So here's a wee helping hand for the oldies. It's only 4 minutes 19 seconds long so we all might need some Murray Mints by time we've finished blasting it out. Have to admit though I do prefer haribos :thumbsup:

Today is gonna be the day

That they're gonna throw it back to you

By now you should've somehow

Realized what you gotta do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do about you now

Backbeat the word was on the street

That the fire in your heart is out

I'm sure you've heard it all before

But you never really had a doubt

I don't believe that anybody feels

The way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk along are winding

And all the lights that lead us there are blinding

There are many things that I would

Like to say to you

I don't know how

Because maybe

You're gonna be the one who saves me ?

And after all

You're my wonderwall

Today was gonna be the day?

But they'll never throw it back to you

By now you should've somehow

Realized what you're not to do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do

About you now

And all the roads that lead to you were winding

And all the lights that light the way are blinding

There are many things that I would like to say to you

I don't know how

I said maybe

And after all

You're my wonderwall

I said maybe

And after an

You're my wonderwall

Said maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me

Craig Herbertson

Hector Nicol, the Hearts Song, is the best football song ever written and it would be criminal to begin a game without it. On the other hand some simple anthem-like chant might be a good follow on. Wonderwall was a good enough pop song but it lacks the necessary panache.

Vlad-Stupid

If it's not a Hearts song or an offensive song ripping the pash out an opposing team/player, then i really cant see the point of singing it.

I trust this clarifies mattersninja.gif

Archived