we need an anthem

hellokello

I think we need an anthem,which we can adopt as our own,doesnt have to have any connection to us,but just a song to get the blood stirring,i would love to hear wonderwall belted out before every game,any other suggestions?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need an anthem,which we can adopt as our own,doesnt have to have any connection to us,but just a song to get the blood stirring,i would love to hear wonderwall belted out before every game,any other suggestions?

Hearts song does it for me.

Hmmmm?

:asl?:

forthriverjambo

how about someone playing "cumberland gap" on the bagpipes.

Some threads seem to be totally made for facepalms....

some people have got nothing interesting to say,so they go looking for something to criticise,to make themselves seem interesting,sad really

some people have got nothing interesting to say,so they go looking for something to criticise,to make themselves seem interesting,sad really

Nope! Can't place that one. Who sings it?

Do you know what else is sad? Wanting to sing wonderwall before Hearts games. :smuggy:

Do you know what else is sad? Wanting to sing wonderwall before Hearts games. :smuggy:

:lol:

harsh, but fair.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Wonderwall is a classic but to get everyone pumped maybe Acquiesce or Whats the Story.. or just F'in in the Bushes :thumbsup:

Oasis are ******* shite and people with any semblance of musical taste would ensure they arrived five minutes late in order to miss the horrorshow that is one of their shitty songs.

NICE ONE,WE CAN REALLY RELY ON PPL LIKE YOU TO ADD TO THE ATMOSPHERE AT GAMES,YOUR ONE O THOSE TWATS THAT MOAN IF SOMEONE STANDS UP IN FRONT OF YOU,WHILST EATING YOUR SWEETIES,TRY SOME REALLY NOISY SWEETIE WRAPPERS,THAT WILL INTIMIDATE THE OPPOSITION.

NICE ONE,WE CAN REALLY RELY ON PPL LIKE YOU TO ADD TO THE ATMOSPHERE AT GAMES,YOUR ONE O THOSE TWATS THAT MOAN IF SOMEONE STANDS UP IN FRONT OF YOU,WHILST EATING YOUR SWEETIES,TRY SOME REALLY NOISY SWEETIE WRAPPERS,THAT WILL INTIMIDATE THE OPPOSITION.

cool-story-bro.jpg?m=1272644853

:rofl:

I can just imagine the opposition shitting themselves with your plan to be fair.

"And after aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall"

image-8-for-fans-gallery-this-week-s-football-games-gallery-670533653.jpg

Malcolm Tucker

Wonderwall is, frankly, the worst idea I have ever heard for a pre-game song.

Unless you want a bunch of 90s throwbacks in parka's trying to shag each whilst drinking Tennents Special in the stands before a match. Is that what you want? Is it?

wonderwall ain't really the type of song to get u pumped up for a game though. Need something faster with strong lyrics or a chorus everyone can bounce around to and join in with.

I can just imagine the opposition shitting themselves with your plan to be fair.

"And after aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall"

HEY **** YOU GUY

Dr. Bapswent

i

Is this what 'owned' feels like?

Ray Winstone

:seething: :seething: :seething: :seething: :seething:

Oasis are ******* shite and people with any semblance of musical taste would ensure they arrived five minutes late in order to miss the horrorshow that is one of their shitty songs.

I'm pretty sure you said you had sung Wonderwall at one of your gigs :facepalm:

rage-cat.jpeg

I did. I know all the words to Wonderwall. It's ******* awful though. I was having it demanded of me. People were screaming for it. I sold out.

Over it.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

:eek: :omg!: :eek: :omg!: ohmy.gif

Malcolm Tucker

ssssssshhhhhhhhhh,im trying to eat my sweets in peace

Maybe he should typing then, amirite :smuggy:

Golly gosh, if only we had our own anthem. Something that spoke about our history, had a natty tune you could tap your toes to and everyone knew the words too. Maybe even get a hibby to sing it just for the lolz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tcXXLy4bwM

It'll never take off.

Which hibby sang it?

Jasonauskas

The Europe song does it for me.

When you go home and see the highlights on the telly, it sounds really powerful!

mattyw_1874

I've seen good posters banned from this site for having controversial views, causing debates and generally making this site interesting, all be it at times edgy.

Yet this guy is still around. People get banned for being controversial and maybe over stepping the line. Well is it wrong for me to think it works both ways, if you continually start pathetic 12 year old esk threads then you should be gone.

Which hibby sang it?

I was always under the impression ol' hector nicol was a hibby. Non?

Certainly my old man had a 45 (or whatever they had before someone discovered MP3s) with Nicol's version of the hearts song on one side and Glory Glory on the other, with the offending side having been scratched to ****. He always told me Nicol was a hibby. But some folk will sing songs that they dislike purely to keep people happy.

Populist pish if you ask me and indicative of a lack of artistic integrity.

Golly gosh, if only we had our own anthem. Something that spoke about our history, had a natty tune you could tap your toes to and everyone knew the words too. Maybe even get a hibby to sing it just for the lolz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tcXXLy4bwM

It'll never take off.

Point taken,but not many actually sing it,which is my point.

But you think more people would sing Wonderwall, furthermore you think all of us singing Wonderwall would be a good thing? :lol:

Malcolm Tucker

.... :what:

And everyone would sing Wonderwall? With Wonderwall lyrics? Everyone would just sing a generic indie song instead of The Hearts Song?

Aye, I'll tell the jokes chief.

I was always under the impression ol' hector nicol was a hibby. Non?

Certainly my old man had a 45 (or whatever they had before someone discovered MP3s) with Nicol's version of the hearts song on one side and Glory Glory on the other, with the offending side having been scratched to ****. He always told me Nicol was a hibby. But some folk will sing songs that they dislike purely to keep people happy.

Populist pish if you ask me and indicative of a lack of artistic integrity.

According to the ever reliable wikipedia HN was a St. Mirren fan, despite writing and recording songs for HMFC, tramps, Dundee and Dundee United.

Did carl ******* actually sing it? I'm not watching that video listening to his poofy voice for six minutes.

Archived