Manchester Utd v Arsenal

jambo_

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Utd have looked stale and ordinary recently with Giggs and Scoles etc.

They are pishing over Arsenal here with some hungry talented guys.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Hernandez is different class.

He's good. He'd have a harder game if the Arsenal defence could be arsed to pick him up mind you.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I like Arsenal and I like Wenger. Their financial prudence and the way they try to play makes them much more appealing than middle-ranking clubs who just chuck money around, like Chelsea and Man City. But this is the first time Wenger has been under real pressure. I understand he has his principles but his stubborn refusal to have even a couple of guys with 'dig' in the squad is baffling. Also, I know he's into fitness and nutrition in a way that revolutionised the English game, but over the last couple of years and this year in particular, his players look really weak. It's as if he's gone too far with the conditioning - most of them are tiny and skinny and constantly seem to miss games for the most insignificant injuries.

another great save, but he should've buried it. if that had been KK, it would have halved the deficit.

Time for Wenger to move on I reckon.

I reckon they will sort themselves out and win the league. This game has just come far too soon for them.

I reckon they will sort themselves out and win the league. This game has just come far too soon for them.

Can't see them winning the league.

Man U will win it and I reckon Chelsea will finish 2nd.

Chelsea second is a big shout. Can't see it myself.

The Real Maroonblood

I like Arsenal and I like Wenger. Their financial prudence and the way they try to play makes them much more appealing than middle-ranking clubs who just chuck money around, like Chelsea and Man City. But this is the first time Wenger has been under real pressure. I understand he has his principles but his stubborn refusal to have even a couple of guys with 'dig' in the squad is baffling. Also, I know he's into fitness and nutrition in a way that revolutionised the English game, but over the last couple of years and this year in particular, his players look really weak. It's as if he's gone too far with the conditioning - most of them are tiny and skinny and constantly seem to miss games for the most insignificant injuries.

Totally agree.

There is no Vierra or Adams who had a bit steel in them.

tartofmidlothian

Just lost my online connection for a bit.

Where TF did EIGHT MINUTES of added time come from??

Man U weren't even losing!

Arthur Morgan

I agree with this.

Sanga (I think) messed his shoulder and had to get taken off in a neck brace. Took ages getting him sorted on the pitch.

shaun.lawson

Djourou seriously injured.

That game was dead the moment Rooney scored. Arsenal have no belief, no dig, no physical strength. God knows how they pick themselves up from this.

Scholes was outrageously lucky to stay on the pitch - but arguably, it's as much because Arsenal don't have players who throw themselves about like that that they're now out of three competitions inside a fortnight. It just ain't good enough.

Malinga the Swinga

Presume the rules of two yellow cards do not apply to Man U players at home. Scholes has managed to pretend he can't tackle for about 15 years, and as long as refs show no backbone for sending him off, he continues to do it. He had 3 bookable tackles in the short time he was on, and the one after he was carded (which could have been a straight red) was a definite yellow, but all the ref did was warn him. What a joke. presume Fergie has had a word and ensured that no Man U players would get red card. They really are the English equivalent of the old firm.

man U would have still one though as Arsenal would still try and walk the ball in.

Presume the rules of two yellow cards do not apply to Man U players at home. Scholes has managed to pretend he can't tackle for about 15 years, and as long as refs show no backbone for sending him off, he continues to do it. He had 3 bookable tackles in the short time he was on, and the one after he was carded (which could have been a straight red) was a definite yellow, but all the ref did was warn him. What a joke. presume Fergie has had a word and ensured that no Man U players would get red card. They really are the English equivalent of the old firm.

man U would have still one though as Arsenal would still try and walk the ball in.

lol the old man utd ref syndrome.... can't beat it!

Sierra Delta

Absolutely awful from Arsenal. Didn't look like there was any desire, belief or determination to win that.

For the first time I'm really starting to think that it might be time to get rid of Wenger.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Sunderland, Birmingham, Barcelona and United. All in a row as well.

Well done lads. thumbsup.gif

Malinga the Swinga

lol the old man utd ref syndrome.... can't beat it!

the ref didn't change the result, man U would have still won, but the game should have ended 10 v 10. Even the BBC report states

1911: I really cannot believe how Paul Scholes is still on the pitch. He lunges in rashly and dangerously again, this time on Samir Nasri and that HAS to be a second booking, at least. Referee Chris Foy - ridiculously - decides it is only worth a talking to. A terrible decision.

Could this be as a result of Ferguson having a go at previous ref v Liverpool, saying he feared worst when he saw who ref was. He cartainly must have laughed when he saw what his players got away with at the end of the game.

**** Arsenal. Worst fans in the history of everything ever.

Worse fans than hibs, celtic, rangers?

Arsenal pretty much sell-out every league game, cant see how theyre the worst fans in history when they turn up to see their team and support them

So in the last fortnight, Wenger has managed to get his team beat in the Diddy Cup final, horsed out of the CL and out of the FA Cup.

Time for a new manager who will be willing to use more than one tactic for 15 years.

Arsenal pretty much sell-out every league game, cant see how theyre the worst fans in history when they turn up to see their team and support them

Have you ever met a match-going Arsenal fan?

You can still be an utterly terrible set of fans even if you sell out every home game.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Go into any student union when a big Arsenal game is on and you'll feel the rage.

You can still be an utterly terrible set of fans even if you sell out every home game.

i'll bite, why are match going arsenal fans the worse ? Are you just a bitter wee man who has not being able to expereince decent football games ?

shaun.lawson

I'm never quite sure what you're on about with this. The Arsenal fans stayed with their team right to the end today, even though it was obviously hopeless. Their away fans are as good as any club's.

Meanwhile, at far, far too many games every season, Old Trafford isn't so much in full cry as full mumble: fans bloated on success, with an attitude of "c'mon - entertain us!" For atmosphere, Anfield and White Hart Lane piss all over OT most of the time.

United do have a genuine hardcore of real fans (people like you actually) - but they also have supporter bases in places like Stevenage, Yarmouth and Cornwall, not to mention far, far too many tourists. In sum: any United fan slagging off another club for having too many prawn sandwich eaters amongst their support is on seriously shaky ground.

The Real Maroonblood

Stop talking out of your arse.

:thumbsup:

tartofmidlothian

So in the last fortnight, Wenger has managed to get his team beat in the Diddy Cup final, horsed out of the CL and out of the FA Cup.

Time for a new manager who will be willing to use more than one tactic for 15 years.

McLeish? :whistling:

After all, he passed the first part of the interview last week...

i'll bite, why are match going arsenal fans the worse ? Are you just a bitter wee man who has not being able to expereince decent football games ?

Do you support the greatest team the world as ever seen, by far, mate?

I'm never quite sure what you're on about with this. The Arsenal fans stayed with their team right to the end today, even though it was obviously hopeless. Their away fans are as good as any club's.

Meanwhile, at far, far too many games every season, Old Trafford isn't so much in full cry as full mumble: fans bloated on success, with an attitude of "c'mon - entertain us!" For atmosphere, Anfield and White Hart Lane piss all over OT most of the time.

United do have a genuine hardcore of real fans (people like you actually) - but they also have supporter bases in places like Stevenage, Yarmouth and Cornwall, not to mention far, far too many tourists. In sum: any United fan slagging off another club for having too many prawn sandwich eaters amongst their support is on seriously shaky ground.

I'm not for one second suggesting Old Trafford is a cauldron of noise or any of that nonsense, you're absolutely right there that it's been pretty awful for a good few years. I'd also agree that WHL is more atmospheric these days, especially in big games such as the one against Milan a few days ago. I won't give you Anfield, though. That's another topic however.

Arsenal fans are the very definition of small-time, nu-football, Soccer AM style fans. They're ones who'll always shout loudest in the pub about how much they know about "footy", they'll condescend you if you support someone outside the "Big 4" in the Premier League or for not playing football the "Arsenal" way, they only have three generic songs and if there are others they'll be pinched off United or Liverpool (such as their Nasri chant), they'll turn up for big games down south with their replicas and novelty Arsenal afros but for northern aways such as Bolton or Blackburn they rarely sell-out.

In short, they're an utter embarrassment to their club. They also have the Arsenal Away Boiz http://www.myspace.com/arsenalawayboysfans . If you're ever meeting a football fan in general, you can quickly tell whether or not they "get it". Arsenal fans, on the whole, just don't. They're cringeworthy.

Stop talking out of your arse.

:thumbsup:

You clearly don't get it. My point is completely lost on you so if I were you I'd stop replying to me and I'd go back to thinking up funny ways of letting the referee know that he doesn't know what he's doing at the next home game. smile.gif

shaun.lawson

I'm not for one second suggesting Old Trafford is a cauldron of noise or any of that nonsense, you're absolutely right there that it's been pretty awful for a good few years. I'd also agree that WHL is more atmospheric these days, especially in big games such as the one against Milan a few days ago. I won't give you Anfield, though. That's another topic however.

Arsenal fans are the very definition of small-time, nu-football, Soccer AM style fans. They're ones who'll always shout loudest in the pub about how much they know about "footy", they'll condescend you if you support someone outside the "Big 4" in the Premier League or for not playing football the "Arsenal" way, they only have three generic songs and if there are others they'll be pinched off United or Liverpool (such as their Nasri chant), they'll turn up for big games down south with their replicas and novelty Arsenal afros but for northern aways such as Bolton or Blackburn they rarely sell-out.

In short, they're an utter embarrassment to their club. They also have the Arsenal Away Boiz http://www.myspace.com/arsenalawayboysfans . If you're ever meeting a football fan in general, you can quickly tell whether or not they "get it". Arsenal fans, on the whole, just don't. They're cringeworthy.

:omg!:

OK, I'm a bit freaked now. Five or six years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to an Arsenal-supporting colleague and, from recollection, local councillor in North London. Said colleague asked me who I supported:

"Norwich", I replied.

"Ah. A true fan".

I've never felt so condescended in my entire life. It was just the way he said it - ugh. Please don't tell me there's thousands more tossers just like him! :unsure:

PS. Also, my brother was forever insisting what wankers Arsenal fans are. I'd always figured he was hopelessly biased given he's dyed in the wool Tottenham; but you've got me wondering now...

tartofmidlothian

:omg!:

OK, I'm a bit freaked now. Five or six years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to an Arsenal-supporting colleague and, from recollection, local councillor in North London. Said colleague asked me who I supported:

"Norwich", I replied.

"Ah. A true fan".

I've never felt so condescended in my entire life. It was just the way he said it - ugh. Please don't tell me there's thousands more tossers just like him! :unsure:

Not Hearts, then...?

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

They took loads up North v Newcastle the other week and were pretty loud. Source? Me.

I see what you did there, Shaun.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't really do much for the arguments in favour of them as anything but cringetastic whoppers, however. Ask London based fans of any club which fans are the worst and you'll quickly find there's only one winner.

Haha, nah. Shaun's just being nice. smile.gif

****.I was going to have a rant there about how no ***** on here can really support a English team :verymad:

shaun.lawson

Not Hearts, then...?

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

:)

I knew someone would point that out. The problem with me responding "Hearts" is it always leads to "you're English, and you support Hearts?", and having to explain myself again and again. This isn't ideal when being introduced to someone: I'm enough of a weirdo as it is without a complete stranger pegging me as one within 5 seconds.

Sometimes I still say "Hearts" anyway - but in general, I have a rule. When in England or talking to someone English, it's Norwich; when in Scotland (not often enough, I know) or talking to someone Scottish, it's Hearts.

The Real Maroonblood

Do you support the greatest team the world as ever seen, by far, mate?

You clearly don't get it. My point is completely lost on you so if I were you I'd stop replying to me and I'd go back to thinking up funny ways of letting the referee know that he doesn't know what he's doing at the next home game. smile.gif

What is your point?

Have the Arsenal fans done something nasty to you or is it just fans banter?

Don't get what is meant by a Soccer AM fan either.

About every football fan I know has watched and liked Soccer AM at one point or another. :blink:

:)

I knew someone would point that out. The problem with me responding "Hearts" is it always leads to "you're English, and you support Hearts?", and having to explain myself again and again. This isn't ideal when being introduced to someone: I'm enough of a weirdo as it is without a complete stranger pegging me as one within 5 seconds.

Sometimes I still say "Hearts" anyway - but in general, I have a rule. When in England or talking to someone English, it's Norwich; when in Scotland (not often enough, I know) or talking to someone Scottish, it's Hearts.

I know what you mean. I've met people who constantly talk nonsense about football where I'd just flatly deny liking football altogether to them in order to not have to talk to him about it. It's just not worth discussing it with them.

Call me anti-social but it's true.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Don't get what is meant by a Soccer AM fan either.

About every football fan I know has watched and liked Soccer AM at one point or another. :blink:

Ask someone older than 35.

shaun.lawson

I know what you mean. I've met people who constantly talk nonsense about football where I'd just flatly deny liking football altogether to them in order to not have to talk to him about it. It's just not worth discussing it with them.

Call me anti-social but it's true.

Yep, I've been there. Though it's worth it for those rare occasions when you meet someone and they really, really get it; really know what football's all about. And of course, when travelling abroad, nothing gets you conversing with strangers anything like as well as the global language of football. It's a brilliant ice breaker.

Archived