Europa League final in Dublin - Rangers?

jambovambo

Just heard a Hun fan being interviewed in Eindhoven, saying he hoped they'd go all the way to the final ... in Dublin.

Don't want them to get there ... and I know they won't ... but ... 1000s of Rangers fans in Dublin, Republic of Ireland?

That would be "interesting" ...

hmfc_liam06

I wouldn't worry about it, PSV will pump them tonight.

Agreed. PSV have some really good young attackers that could tear that defence a new one!

The Rangers hierarchy must be crapping themselves at the thought of a 5 year ban from Europe after their 'fans' turn Dublin into a smoking ruin.

Reminds me of the Rangers fans' comments after Der Hun had rioted in Barcelona during their 1970s ECWC triumph - 'they shouldn't have held it in a Catholic country, should they'.

Say What Again

The Rangers hierarchy must be crapping themselves at the thought of a 5 year ban from Europe after their 'fans' turn Dublin into a smoking ruin.

Tut tut, don't you listen to Martin Bain?

For the last time, it's not Rangers fans. Any minor incidents that have happened in the past, have been caused by English yobs, hell-bent on causing trouble, going abroad when Rangers are there and tarnishing their good name.

Just heard a Hun fan being interviewed in Eindhoven, saying he hoped they'd go all the way to the final ... in Dublin.

Don't want them to get there ... and I know they won't ... but ... 1000s of Rangers fans in Dublin, Republic of Ireland?

That would be "interesting" ...

i almost want them to make it so it can happen

Same! There would actually be riots. Dublin would be in ruins, rangers would get fined millions and banned from europe for 100years.

Fourcandles

Me too.......it'll no happen but great to postulate about the mayhem there would be.........

:woot:

Same! There would actually be riots. Dublin would be in ruins, rangers would get fined millions and banned from europe for 100years.

Please, please, please let it happen.

(I promise I have never ever wanted the Huns to win anything before ... so my final call on that would be the semi-final (obviously))

I would think back to Heysel before saying things like this, and in more ways than one, but sticking to the punishments it wasnt just the scouse scum that were banned from Europe, it was all English clubs...

Protestants stay in the ROI aswell you know! :D There`s also a Protestant Church in Dublin too, maybe they can kip there?

lol if rangers manage by some miracle to get to the final. I'm making sure the family I have there is evacuated at least 4 days before the final. Dublin will be a war zone!

Protestants stay in the ROI aswell you know! :D There`s also a Protestant Church in Dublin too, maybe they can kip there?

Of course they do, and likewise Catholics in the North.

Can you imagine the influx of Norn Irn's finest knuckle-draggers (of either persuasion) for that match ?

Cancel all Garda leave.

For the last time, it's not Rangers fans. Any minor incidents that have happened in the past, have been caused by English yobs, hell-bent on causing trouble, going abroad when Rangers are there and tarnishing their good name.

Also it's society as a hole to blame for the violence at rangers games.

Vlad-Stupid

I reckon most gers would shit out of going there tbh. I wouldn't fancy hanging about Dublin in a Hun top.

Reminds me of the Rangers fans' comments after Der Hun had rioted in Barcelona during their 1970s ECWC triumph - 'they shouldn't have held it in a Catholic country, should they'.

Not to worry it is now 2011, wait a minute nothings changed. whistling.gif

vintage1874

if they somehow get to the final i can see a ban like the one england got in the 80's. It would mark a new era of dark years for scottish football, however it would mean no more ?10m for whichever OF team makes champs league groups stages for a number of years this might just weaken the OF enough for us to catch them.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I reckon most gers would shit out of going there tbh. I wouldn't fancy hanging about Dublin in a Hun top.

You mean you might fancy it somewhere else?

MINI-HUNALERT!:whistling:;)

I would think back to Heysel before saying things like this, and in more ways than one, but sticking to the punishments it wasnt just the scouse scum that were banned from Europe, it was all English clubs...

This would be my main concern, that all of Scottish Football would be punished by UEFA. After all, the SFA / SFL / SPL have proven that they are powerless to sort this. Just ask yourself, what our domestic football bodies did after the riots in Manchester?

Fozzyonthefence

You mean you might fancy it somewhere else?

MINI-HUNALERT!:whistling:;)

I'm sure there's more than a few on here who would. :whistling:

I've already got flights booked edinburgh/dublin for ?43 return in the hope Liverpool reach the final.

Now if Rangers make it as well it would be some occasion :whistling:

My ticket values would go through the roof - enough to pay for a Hearts euro trip -- it might be worth considering selling.

I've already got flights booked edinburgh/dublin for ?43 return in the hope Liverpool reach the final.

Now if Rangers make it as well it would be some occasion :whistling:

My ticket values would go through the roof - enough to pay for a Hearts euro trip -- it might be worth considering selling.

I Done that last time Rangers made the uefa cup final, I Live in Bolton, & Ordered two tickets from uefa web site for the manchester final, I Sold them to, 2 Rangers fans, Who drove all the way down from Glasgow to pick them up, One week before the final, What they paid for them, I Managed to pay for a family holiday in cyprus.

The Treasurer

At the time of Heysel English clubs in general had built up a reputation for trouble overseas and that was seen as the final straw.

Everyone know that Scottish fans are loved the world over thanks to those angelic loveable scamps in the T.A. whistling.gif

If UEFA were to punish the whole of Scottish football then the biggest losers financially would be the OF.

For the rest it would mean the fans missing out on a couple of Euro jaunts, disappointing but not the end of the world.

At the time of Heysel English clubs in general had built up a reputation for trouble overseas and that was seen as the final straw.

Everyone know that Scottish fans are loved the world over thanks to those angelic loveable scamps in the T.A. whistling.gif

If UEFA were to punish the whole of Scottish football then the biggest losers financially would be the OF.

For the rest it would mean the fans missing out on a couple of Euro jaunts, disappointing but not the end of the world.

Easy words. As someone who spent their very early years as a visitor to Highfield Road I was gutted that Coventry never saw their moment in the sun following their 87 FA cup win, even though Hearts were well on the way to becoming my real footballing love by then. For a wee team its a once in a life time chance and I'll take my dislike of Liverpool to the grave over that I expect.

The Treasurer

Easy words. As someone who spent their very early years as a visitor to Highfield Road I was gutted that Coventry never saw their moment in the sun following their 87 FA cup win, even though Hearts were well on the way to becoming my real footballing love by then. For a wee team its a once in a life time chance and I'll take my dislike of Liverpool to the grave over that I expect.

I understand it would be harder to take for a smaller club (Raith, Dunfermline, Falkirk, hibs etc) for whom it might be a once in a life time experience.

But for clubs like Hearts who although not guaranteed Euro qualification every season, manage to qualify fairly regularly.

As I said any blanket ban would hit the OF harder than any other club.

Having said that, ideally any ban would only cover the guilty party (i.e. the huns)

Yet another irrelevant off-topic dig at the Tartan Army from you I see.

Neither of the OF represent Scottish fans - one wants to be English and the other Irish.

It seems to largely be Rangers fans who are getting into trouble abroad, and it would be "interesting" to have a Liverpool vs Rangers final in Dublin. The knuckle draggers will definitely be there in force, with the Huns vs the Celtic and Liverpool fans (plus anyone Catholic).

It does seem that Celtic fans are largely cowards and all mouth when it comes to their bigotry, but the Huns pull in all forms of violent bigoted scum in their support.

It is likely any ban would still hit us hard as I'm sure we have now budgeted on Europe for next season in the short term. Its not like we are flush with money.

I Done that last time Rangers made the uefa cup final, I Live in Bolton, & Ordered two tickets from uefa web site for the manchester final, I Sold them to, 2 Rangers fans, Who drove all the way down from Glasgow to pick them up, One week before the final, What they paid for them, I Managed to pay for a family holiday in cyprus.

Total greed thats all to be said of your profiteering,I cant stand ticket touts as its a typical English thing...GREED !!!

I hope one day this comes and bites you right on your tight fisted @rse tbh. :angry:

No matter what team a fan supports they dont deserve to be ripped off by touts.

Liverpool fans killed 36 people at Heysel. Let's get a bit of perspective eh? a fictional Rangers riot in Dublin is just that.

The Treasurer

Yet another irrelevant off-topic dig at the Tartan Army from you I see.

The topic is about SCOTTISH fans being banned due to trouble abroad, so not off topic and not a dig (unless you choose to see it that way)

Neither of the OF represent Scottish fans - one wants to be English and the other Irish.

Close, one THINKS they're British (as opposed to Scottish), one THINKS they're Irish, but UEFA wouldn't see it that way.

It is likely any ban would still hit us hard as I'm sure we have now budgeted on Europe for next season in the short term. Its not like we are flush with money.

Hearts projected budgets never include possible cups runs as there are too many unknown factors for it to be relied on when budgeting for the season.

Liverpool fans killed 36 people at Heysel. Let's get a bit of perspective eh? a fictional Rangers riot in Dublin is just that.

The fans were not killed by Liverpool fans -- yes they contributed to the deaths but poor planning, a poor out of date stadium, the events of the year before in Italy when Liverpool fans were attacked, the Juventus fans in other parts of the ground all led to the tragic events.

The Treasurer

The fans were not killed by Liverpool fans -- yes they contributed to the deaths but poor planning, a poor out of date stadium, the events of the year before in Italy when Liverpool fans were attacked, the Juventus fans in other parts of the ground all led to the tragic events.

At the risk of taking this thread off topic,

All other factors would have been irrelevant had the scouse sellik fans not behaved like thugs.

rossthejambo

If they ever made it to the final there wouldn't be anywhere near as much trouble as I'm sure you'd all like.

They'd get the same treatment they got when they went to Manchester this year.

Hmm. so on 9/11 the argument would be that it wasn't terrorists that killed people but a combination of poor building design, lax security controls at airports and America's foreign policy in the middle east that killed them?

Total greed thats all to be said of your profiteering,I cant stand ticket touts as its a typical English thing...GREED !!!

I hope one day this comes and bites you right on your tight fisted @rse tbh. :angry:

No matter what team a fan supports they dont deserve to be ripped off by touts.

I Was hoping that Bolton made the final, So would not have sold them,If we had gone all the way, If it was Hearts, I Would have sold them at face value, But it was`nt. Are you telling me that in the same situation you would have sold them at face value ? I Find that hard to belive. As for being a ticket tout, I Only done it the once. Unlike all the touts i have seen outside tynie on derby day. Just for the record, I Am scottish.

Hmm. so on 9/11 the argument would be that it wasn't terrorists that killed people but a combination of poor building design, lax security controls at airports and America's foreign policy in the middle east that killed them?

If you would read things carefully e.g 'contributed to the deaths' - then you might make a better comment rather than a childish attempt to link matters that have nothing in common.

If you would read things carefully e.g 'contributed to the deaths' - then you might make a better comment rather than a childish attempt to link matters that have nothing in common.

the analogy I used was OTT. My point was that whatever the contributory factors, Liverpool fans killed 36 Juve fans with their actions. 'Contributed to their deaths' is so weak a description of it as to be offensive.

BTW, the fact people brought up Heysel and a complete ban on Scottish fans from Europe based on some ridiculously lurid fantasies about a hypothetical situation was what bugged me in the first place.

I Was hoping that Bolton made the final, So would not have sold them,If we had gone all the way, If it was Hearts, I Would have sold them at face value, But it was`nt. Are you telling me that in the same situation you would have sold them at face value ? I Find that hard to belive. As for being a ticket tout, I Only done it the once. Unlike all the touts i have seen outside tynie on derby day. Just for the record, I Am scottish.

Yes I am saying that I wouldnt charge more than face value for a match ticket.Selling over the odds is a dirty greedy low trick to do to fellow football fans,whether you do it once or not.Ive had tickets for some of the biggest games ever held in Britain and never contemplated selling over the odds.

Ive never seen any touts selling over the odds at our derby matches,well not at any of them ive been going to for the last 40 plus years.

Scottish??? If so you should be ashamed of your greed,and its people like you that give Scotland a bad name. :down:

Rudolf's Mate

Am I the the only one who thinks they may not actually take a huge support somewhere like Dublin? Could see a few of them never being seen again!

Am I the the only one who thinks they may not actually take a huge support somewhere like Dublin? Could see a few of them never being seen again!

I could be imagining this, but as a kid I think I remember Rangers playing an Irish team once. There were thousands of them there and trouble held the game up. Jock Wallace (maybe) on the pitch at the Rangers end trying to calm them down

V Bohemians possibly.

Sad thing is there would be plenty of English "lads" heading over as well to lend support :rolleyes:

Irrelevant anyway, no chance they'll make it, can actually see PSV pumping them at the Brox.

Here's hoping.

I could be imagining this, but as a kid I think I remember Rangers playing an Irish team once. There were thousands of them there and trouble held the game up. Jock Wallace (maybe) on the pitch at the Rangers end trying to calm them down

V Bohemians possibly.

Remember this.

wasnt far of the time we played St Pats in Dublin,which was far from incident free .

We were a target for northern based celtic fans even back then.

As for rangers fans being scared to go to dublin..i doubt it.

J Cheever Loophole

While working over there in the 90s a guy was kicked tae **** for wearing one and that was 70miles south of Dublin.I found that everyone from outside Dublin hated the"Dubs"whom they referred to as West Brits,while the Dubs looked upon any body from beyond the pale as Farmers.Everytime I went to a new site for the 1st time and they heard my accent someone would be sent over "to be palsey"always the same question "Would you be being a rangers man or a celtic man"and when I told them Hearts they would go away to the others only to come back and ask"Sure would that not be the same as being a Rangers man"That done my baws in!We've all heard of Posil,Blackhill,the Drum and suchlike,well I can tell you that there are worse places than those in Dublin and not very far from the city centre.Some of the building sites, we were locked in for our own good,local shops were actually metal containers.Oh aye I hope they get to the final but I've got a feeling they'll be up to their knees in their own. :lol:

Chelsea and Hearts fans were in Manchester on the night the Old Bill bullied the Rangers fans :unsure:

V Bohemians possibly.

Spot on Pablo, 1984, i know some on here will not believe this but that night the Dubliners were waiting on the Rangers fans arriving, the minute the first sign of Red White and Blue stepped off the buses it was carnage, remember mostly all the Rangers fans travelled by bus that day/night and it was an in and out job, the Rangers fans gave as good as what they got in those self defensive circumstances.

Hearts were there 4 years later and although not on the same scale there was similar scenes when the Hearts fans were met with the best fans in the world, a very satisfying night indeed. :thumbsup:

Archived