Gordon Smith SKY sports interview earlier

mar00n

"With so many Old firm call offs in the Scotland squad prior to an Old Firm match at the weekend, maybe we will have to look at not scheduling an OF match right after a Scotland match, Scotland fixtures are known well in advance so maybe it is something the SPL can look at in the future.......etc etc"

What a load of utter balls, why the hell should there not be a OF match right after a Scotland match, why should they get preferential treatment on when their bigot matches should be played,

SO, when the Scotland games are scheduled, lets look at the SPL fixture list for the upcoming season and let the OF play the lower placed team from last season or the team just promoted, lets just give them an easy match after a Scotland match, so hopefully there won't be as many OF player call offs ...........Scottish football only exists for the OF don't you know, utter bollox

OFGTF, GSGTF

Unbelievable really

Patrick Bateman

Gordhun Smith is a poisonous disgrace, an absolute embarrasment to the country.

Rather than criticise them for pulling their players out he tries to pander to them. Sums everything that is wrong with Scottish football up in one article.

Don't recall any attempts for this to happen when Hearts had 5 players in the squad a couple of years back.

Well, many people said that he would be just like this when he was appointed. The man is just a doormat for the Old Firm and Rangers in particular. He's never had the best interests of Scottish Football at heart and is only really interested in maintaining their duopoly. Nothing this man says or does would surprise me.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Here's a wee idea for you Gordon. Why dont you get your baw's out your mothers purse and stand up to these pair. If professional footballers refuse to play football then the games up in my opinion.

Burley too should show a bit of mettle and take the Ibrox 4 all the way to Macedonia for the opener and let the lot of them sit in the stand. If that doesnt give them a boot up the arse then tell them to forget it, FOREVER. A Scotland team WITHOUT Ferguson, Dailly, McCulloch and McGregor certainly doesnt trouble me one little bit

ToadKiller Dog

I edit what i said its ToyTown Gangsterism that runs the GFA ,A perfect old firm patsy is Gordon Smith he in there terms is doing a great job.

Colonel Kurtz

I like Gordon Smith and he did have the Alberts to keep his chapter in the Rangers book,staing that if it ok for The Tims to celebrate the Oirish catholic roots then it is ok to want to celebeate Scottish Protestant roots.

It certainly peshed of Timothy in the media

marshallschunkychicken

But them pulling out had nothing to do with the old firm game. They're all injured, the meeja told us so.

Does Gordon realise this? Or is he contradicting the manager whose appointment process he made a complete ar*e of?

Sounds like he?s been speaking without thinking again...

Problem is he thinks too much - but only about the Old Firm.

Dirk Diggler

And yet so many on here whining about the GFA will no doubt be supporting the lads tonight. :rolleyes:

It's all one.

And they can all GTF.

am i alone in thinking smith is actually worse than his predecessors?

it seems to me the bias towards the o.f has actually worsened since his appointment.

it seems to me the bias towards the o.f has actually worsened since his appointment.

No not alone in thinking this - at least Farry had the bottle to stand up to the Old Firm on quite a few occasions. Smith is just a doormat for them.

No not alone in thinking this - at least Farry had the bottle to stand up to the Old Firm on quite a few occasions. Smith is just a doormat for them.

so kind of a valdas for the sfa:torture:

"With so many Old firm call offs in the Scotland squad prior to an Old Firm match at the weekend, maybe we will have to look at not scheduling an OF match right after a Scotland match, Scotland fixtures are known well in advance so maybe it is something the SPL can look at in the future.......etc etc"

What a load of utter balls, why the hell should there not be a OF match right after a Scotland match, why should they get preferential treatment on when their bigot matches should be played,

SO, when the Scotland games are scheduled, lets look at the SPL fixture list for the upcoming season and let the OF play the lower placed team from last season or the team just promoted, lets just give them an easy match after a Scotland match, so hopefully there won't be as many OF player call offs ...........Scottish football only exists for the OF don't you know, utter bollox

Dear Mr Smith,

The answer to your problem about having an Old Firm match immediately after a Scotland match is quite simple.

Celtic fans have this love of Eire so much, so banish Celtic to the League of Ireland. Rangers fans seems to rejoice in being English so banish them to the English League.

No more Old Firm games. to get in the way of Scotland fixtures.

Problem solved.

The rest of us in Bonnie Scotland can get get on with supporting our club teams without having to listen to the usual sectarian bile, and still having an interest in the national team, which is more than can be said for the Ugly Sisters.

Yours fixingly

Jimmy Saville

Apologies for mucking up the 'quote' from the OP above.

My comments start from Dear Mr Smith...........

132goals1958

When Gordon Smith was doing his pundit bit for the BBC, I recall him advocating that Rangers/ Celtic should receive the Lions share of cup final tickets when a non old firm team provided the opposition. Dont be surprised if this issue raises its ugly head in the future.

maybe we should also make sure they dont play each other for a title decider on the last day of the season. We could also offer to concede the points of any team to play them after a European game this would no doubt help the Scottish nation to become a footballing force in world football. We could also offer their amazing fans the home ends at away fixtures and show our appreciation after such shows of nationalism in their plight for world domination. Fixture changes for OF players with hangovers incase any team dare challenge them. Its no wonder fans of so called lesser clubs dont go to games anymore and it wont change in our lifetime either.

Malinga the Swinga

Get used to it. The whole SFA set up will now be developed round making sure that the OF get every advantage over the rest of Scottish Football. As a previous poster stated, Farry at least stood against the old firm, and although he was in the wrong in the Cadette case, he fought his corner well. Smith and the rest of the clowns who run the SFA couldn't even organise people getting in to th emqatch tonight before the kick off. I believe that some 5000 people didn't get into the game until after kick off as only 2 ticket booths opened for pre paid ticket collections. Shocking, even the radio people were having a go at him and the shambles the SFA has become.

'McCoist expects Scotland absentees to return for old Firm encounter'

- Angus Wright (tomorrows Scotsman)

:eek:

colinmaroon

You're in the middle of a crowd!!!

Smith is not only embarassingly incompetent, he compounds his ineptitude with comments like rescheduling OF games after Internationals!!

And do you know the really sad thing???

He can't even see it himself!!!

At least the Bigot Brother apologists in the media are open about it, whereas this embarassment just keeps opening his mouth and making one "brilliant" suggestion after another!!!

He is really making himself look very stupid.

What is the significance of this particular game over any of the other games in the league? Why pander to the OF?

Did anyone see any commentary along the lines of English football reorganising games so that their clubs would not have to face each other before or after England games? Did Smith see that Liverpool played United and Chelsea played Arsenal last Sunday?

Seymour M Hersh
Gordon Smith has proven to be as incompetant as the majority of his predessesors.

In a much shorter time period too!

hamburger jambo

quick and simple solution,anyone pulling out of an international squad due to injury is banned from playing for one week after the game is played.

When Gordon Smith was doing his pundit bit for the BBC, I recall him advocating that Rangers/ Celtic should receive the Lions share of cup final tickets when a non old firm team provided the opposition. Dont be surprised if this issue raises its ugly head in the future.

Yep that was a cracker! I think it may be an issue if this rotten Gers team is on for a treble this year. Perhaps he can deflect from the referee?s bias as witnessed in the CIS Cup Final by recreating the atmosphere of Ibrox or CP in Hampden!

Nelly Terraces

Had high hopes for Smith when he was appointed, thought he'd be a breath of fresh air, he's played the game, and I thought understood football at grass roots, and also the fans.

Sadly though, he's actually worse than what was there before, a stinking OF toady who seems so far up his GFAness he sees his role as pandering to these ***** horrific institutions.

Sorry Smith, check yer job description ya fandang, you work for the SCOTTISH football Assoc, not the Green&Blue League for bigotry and retardation.

Ya clown.

OFGTF, GSGTF

Unbelievable really

This is further evidence of favourtism towards the Old Firm, just like how they try to fix the fixtures so they do not play each other in a title decider - but when any other club complains about timings of games, thety get told it is a computer and the SPL/SFA have not control over it.

What it also tells me is the players were not injured, as if the injuries were genuine then the subsequent league game would be irrelevant.

We all need to take a spoonful of reality medicine.

It doesn't matter who takes the seat at the SFA, they will always, always end up pandering to the Old Filth. This is the rules.

It's the same the world over. Any country, any league, the biggest and strongest are their for a reason. Their powers are far reaching and in ways that most of us wouldn't even contemplate.

Rangers & Celtic or Celtic & Rangers, whichever way around you prefer, will always be Scotland's dominant clubs. This will NEVER change as much as that irks me. The template was set a long time ago.

Whenever a 'renegade' type comes to power within a footballing organisation he usually falls into line sooner or later. It can be very lonely when most of your colleagues no longer co-operate with you or your plans are vetoed all the time. This happens and Smith will already have been made aware of this.

I remember reading a story a few seasons back when Brescia started making noises in Serie A about the blatant favouritism towards Italy's bigger clubs. The Brescia president was told if he enjoyed the luxuries of being a top flight club then he would cease his complaints immediately or he would suddenly find his club losing matches and spending more years in Serie B than he'd care for. His complaints continued and Brescia were relegated. By all accounts they had some astonishing refereeing decisions against them and at the end of that season the whole match fixing scandal broke in Italy.

Brescia were one of the fall guys to cross the countries biggest most powerful clubs.

I'm not saying anything like that happens in Scotland, but there is a natural order and the Old Filth are at the head of it.

quick and simple solution,anyone pulling out of an international squad due to injury is banned from playing for one week after the game is played.

But that would deny us Elliot for Saturday?

:P

Can anyone imagine the head of the FA coming out with the same quote when there is a Liverpool derby this weekend right after an England game?

Rangers players turn up at the Scotland HQ and get looked over by the SFA doctor, who no doubt was appointed by Walter Smith (was he not even Rangers club doctor in the past?) and Burley is told they are not fit for Wednesday and will struggle to play on Saturday.

Burley repeats this to the press, then Rangers say the same day that all the players will be available!!

So, instead of going off on one at Rangers, a team with previous for "injured" players pulling out of Scotland games and who tapped up a Scotland manager, Smith goes the opposite way and panders to them??

heard they have also pulled out players from the scottish u19 squad to keep them fresh for u19 and reserve leagues which rangers have a chance of winning

colinmaroon
We all need to take a spoonful of reality medicine.

It doesn't matter who takes the seat at the SFA, they will always, always end up pandering to the Old Filth. This is the rules.

It's the same the world over. Any country, any league, the biggest and strongest are their for a reason. Their powers are far reaching and in ways that most of us wouldn't even contemplate.

Rangers & Celtic or Celtic & Rangers, whichever way around you prefer, will always be Scotland's dominant clubs. This will NEVER change as much as that irks me. The template was set a long time ago.

Whenever a 'renegade' type comes to power within a footballing organisation he usually falls into line sooner or later. It can be very lonely when most of your colleagues no longer co-operate with you or your plans are vetoed all the time. This happens and Smith will already have been made aware of this.

I remember reading a story a few seasons back when Brescia started making noises in Serie A about the blatant favouritism towards Italy's bigger clubs. The Brescia president was told if he enjoyed the luxuries of being a top flight club then he would cease his complaints immediately or he would suddenly find his club losing matches and spending more years in Serie B than he'd care for. His complaints continued and Brescia were relegated. By all accounts they had some astonishing refereeing decisions against them and at the end of that season the whole match fixing scandal broke in Italy.

Brescia were one of the fall guys to cross the countries biggest most powerful clubs.

I'm not saying anything like that happens in Scotland, but there is a natural order and the Old Filth are at the head of it.

Well, I AM!!!

Gordon Smith is an OF ****** sucking mug. Someone should just punch his lights out.

Ah Nelly as ever the voice of reason :)

keep up the good work:fing10:

gorgie rd eh11

Media pundits (including smith when he was one) are always banging on about referees making allowances for the mayhem that rantic games sometimes descend into.

Always p****s me off. Why should they get away with bookable offences, sending offs and the suspensions that they lead to. It's bias plain and simple.

Nelly Terraces
Ah Nelly as ever the voice of reason :)

keep up the good work:fing10:

I think a full reading of MelbourneJambos 'ode' to the GFA would be appropriate, before any fist/Smiths pus interface took place, .....:P

The Rangers and the Celtic

Are both the very same.

A focal point for hatred,

And a blight upon the game.

Celtic?s Phlastic Phaddies

Sing endless soldiers songs.

They dream of being Oirish

With big guns for righting wrongs.

The Bears they wave the Union Flag

And sing praise of QE2.

Their love of all things English

Is enough to make you spew.

The owners love the hatred

For the money that it brings.

From the knuckle dragging weegies

Wearing Brut and sovvy rings.

The establishment?s addicted

To this bigoted charade.

The rules get bent the old firms way

Each time a game gets played.

Our teams make up the numbers,

But they simply have no chance.

Only the bigot brothers

are invited to the dance.

Arm in arm they stomp all over

All the other teams.

Cheating fans of fairness

And shattering their dreams.

The media are puppets of

The Old Firm stranglehold.

They perpetrate the myths they?re fed

To get their paper?s sold.

Scottish football?s ruined,

It is rotten to the core.

The dream it has been sacrificed

And it?s now a ****ing bore.

It's time to launch the Old Firm

and create a brand new game.

Where teams get every chance

to play their way to fame.

Let's tie their scarves together

tie a Paddy to a Hun

And let them tear each other

limb from limb, it will be fun.;)

avhudtheteeshirt

After all the Ranger players pulled out of the Scotland team why was he not up in arms about SIMULATION as every on else knows that this is as clear a case as you will ever get? If there was 5 players from a club other than the old firm who was up there challenging for the title you can rest assured that they would never be asked to play for Scotland again? (Until they signed for for the old firm that is!)

alwaysthereinspirit
After all the Ranger players pulled out of the Scotland team why was he not up in arms about SIMULATION as every on else knows that this is as clear a case as you will ever get? If there was 5 players from a club other than the old firm who was up there challenging for the title you can rest assured that they would never be asked to play for Scotland again? (Until they signed for for the old firm that is!)

On the other hand they may be forced to play on the off chance they would get injured. Thus helping the chasing pack (OF) obviously.

Let's just cancel all International football, then we wouldn't have this problem.

It's boring and pointless.

Archived