Lith free team

Colonel Kurtz

Seymour M Hersh
So he crossed the ball into the box without actually looking to see if anyone was there ?

Useful.

Would it have mattered if he had looked up and seen Elliot? :rolleyes:

Hilary Briss
On Saturday he was the only player to have a 'shot' on target (the one the goalie handled outside of box).

V. St.Mirren he scored

v. ICT he helped create the first with a nice pass down the line to Nade, and he got himself in amongst the ICT players to contribute to their mix up for Elliots second.

ps not saying he is a great player or anything, just that he has contributed to games.

Agreed, I have not been a fan of Miko over the last few years but he has been playing well the last few months........credit where its due.

loveofthegame

Not a big fan of them myself but ill agree with the sentiments already on this thread that to drop MOTM Miko for Saturday would be ridiculous.

loveofthegame
Too many racists on this forum. You could put up the same argument to drop all Scots from the starting line up, Robbie and Elliot aren't exactly good players, but it's the fault of the Lithuanians eh.

Miko has been playing well, but obviously that doesn't fit in with your anti Lithuanian agenda so he can just GTF too. If Miko was Scottish would you notice that he has actually raised his game recently?

The other 3 that played on Saturday, fair enough they were gash, but they weren't the only ones by a long way, so why have they been singled out? Tell me it's not a race thing, go on, tell me - liar.

**** off it has nothing to do with racism. FWIW 'Lithuanian' isn't a race anyway, its a nationality.

If your gonna accuse people at least use the right word= 'xenophobic'

A dislike of the players of Lithuanian origin is something that many fans have due to the way our club has been run and gone downhill by filling the squad and team with them when they clearly don't deserve to be there. If they're in on merit (eg Miko should be in on Sat), fine, however they are not and are seen by many as a front for all that is wrong with the way our club is being run (on-field anyway)

Banks, Thomson, McGowan, Berra, Wallace, Kingston, Ruben, Jonsson, Miko, Makela, Nade.

My guess.

My WISH! ;)

poisentoepinilla
Agreed.

I cannot think of a single chance or even 1/2 chance he created for anyone on last Saturday.

Or the Saturday before that.

Or the Saturday before that.

And so on..

the saturday before that (first time you mention it) he scored our goal so quit whinging for the sake of whinging...ur constant drivel is both inacurate and embarassing. i don't like him either but wouldn't drop him when the sad fact of the truth is he's one of our better players. not saying he's great we're just crap!!!! Stewart can rot and neilson can just curl up somewhere

hearts_crazy
**** off it has nothing to do with racism. FWIW 'Lithuanian' isn't a race anyway, its a nationality.

A dislike of the players of Lithuanian origin is something that many fans have due to the way our club has been run and gone downhill by filling the squad and team with them when they clearly don't deserve to be there. If they're in on merit (eg Miko should be in on Sat), fine, however they are not and are seen by many as a front for all that is wrong with the way our club is being run (on-field anyway)

**** off yourself, read through all the posts on this thread there are quite a few that could be construed as racist (or is that xenophobic), and quite a lot calling for Miko to be dropped based purely upon the preconception that he is gash and ignoring the fact that he is beginning to show the talent he has. You said it yourself, Miko should be included. MY point is that there are a few players - NON Lithuanian players that I would drop like a hot tattie long before the Lithuanians, singling the Lithuanians out is, as you say, xenophobic

Not a big fan of them myself but ill agree with the sentiments already on this thread that to drop MOTM Miko for Saturday would be ridiculous.

Looking forward to seeing the world class lap dug in action on Saturday. Missed the last few games so can't wait to see him ripping the United defence to shreds.

]**** off it has nothing to do with racism. FWIW 'Lithuanian' isn't a race anyway' date=' its a nationality.[/color'][/b]If your gonna accuse people at least use the right word= 'xenophobic'

So why is calling somebody from Pakistan a "****" termed racist?

loveofthegame

I dont see it as being so. Do we really have to go back to the 'Scot' arguement?!

Scotland-Lithuania

Scottish-Lithuanian

Scot-Lith

??

Well it seems the term "P-a-k-i" is so unacceptable it is deleted out on KB.

So why is calling someone a "Lith" instead of a "Lithuanian" acceptable?

loveofthegame
Looking forward to seeing the world class lap dug in action on Saturday. Missed the last few games so can't wait to see him ripping the United defence to shreds.

Nobody said he was world class. Maybe if you'd been on Sat you could pass judgement. He was clearly MOTM.

I've been as big a critic at times as the next person, but he deserves to start on Sat

loveofthegame
Well it seems the term "P-a-k-i" is so unacceptable it is deleted out on KB.

So why is calling someone a "Lith" instead of a "Lithuanian" acceptable?

Because its the same as calling someone a Scot.

You really need to stop getting uptight about such little things. If you term calling someone 'Lith' as being unacceptable i'd hate to hear your views on some of the other things going on in the world

Because its the same as calling someone a Scot.

You really need to stop getting uptight about such little things. If you term calling someone 'Lith' as being unacceptable i'd hate to hear your views on some of the other things going on in the world

Not uptight, just confused.

Scottish = "Scot"

Lithuanian = "Lith"

therefore

P-a-k-istani = "P-a-k-i"

Why is the last term deemed to be racist?

Guest JamboRobbo

Don't know about a Lith free team, but I'd love to see a pish free team.

And most of the Liths we've finally gotten rid of lately are certainly a step in the right direction on that front.

Of the Lithuanians still at HMFC, only Miko and Chesney are worth keeping IMO. And prob only one of them, as they are too similar for us to need both. Right now, Miko looks younger and keener than Chesney.

on Saturday against Dundee utd

We had 4 last saturday all deserve dropped.

I would love a Lithuanian free HMFC,would even consider renewing ST if that lot fecked of pronto.

jambostuart

OP is clearly an anti Lithuanian **** stirrer. Or he's stupid.

For ever Audrey and Kestutis, there is a Neilson and Elliot.

Whole team needs sorted. Scots and all. IMO Miko was great on Saturday and has been playing well for a while. Barring Wallace, everyone else was gash.

The People's Chimp
Zaliukas was fine. A few poor passes out of defence early in the game but he settled down and defended well. I'd keep him in.

Zal was, yet again, rubbish. tall should come in if karipidis isn't fit.

And Miko was clearly one of our better players last week.

I guess you had to see it. Miko started off from halfway on the wing about 10-15 yards from Elliot who was inside him. Elliot then stands and watches Miko go up the wing and take on his man. He gets past and continues up the wing. Elliot is standing with his back to goal and now is about 10 yards behind play. I?m in the Main Stand screaming at him to get his arse into the box. He slowly moves towards goal still facing backwards! By the time Miko hits the byeline and delivers his cross as the defender desperately tries to close the angle Elliot is on the 18 yard line cut off from Miko by the chasing defender! Unbelievably poor awareness. I don?t know what Elliot?s excuse was but either his brain does not function quick enough for SPL football (which would also explain why he cannot pass GKs one-on-one or else he just does not have the faith in his teammates to provide opportunities for him. Either way it was a quite shocking play from a pro footballer...

Exactly, and yet some folk on here would rather start a completely ridiculous thread having a go at 'liths'.

Scottish = "Scot"

Lithuanian = "Lith"

therefore

P-a-k-istani = "P-a-k-i"

I despair. I really do.

loveofthegame

Scottish = "Scot"

Lithuanian = "Lith"

therefore

P-a-k-istani = "P-a-k-i"

I dont see it as being racist

Guest S.U.S.S.
I dont see it as being racist

Think most are talking about they way its used, its always used in a negative context.

Could be wrong, had happened before!;)

loveofthegame
Think most are talking about they way its used, its always used in a negative context.

Could be wrong, had happened before!;)

Your probably right mate, just cant understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist over it.

I am of the opinion that some people are far too quick to jump on the easily offended bus, its ****ing ridiculous. This thread has only further proved this too me

Sheriff Fatman

Xenophobic means fear of all foreigners, not dislike of one nationality, so if anything the term xenophobic is more wrong than racist.

loveofthegame
Xenophobic means fear of all foreigners, not dislike of one nationality, so if anything the term xenophobic is more wrong than racist.

It means an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners. There is nothing that states it is ALL foreigners.

Hating Lithuanians purely because of their nationality is xenophobic and not racist.

Sheriff Fatman
It means an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners. There is nothing that states it is ALL foreigners.

Hating Lithuanians purely because of their nationality is xenophobic and not racist.

It means the irrational fear of that which is not your own nationality. It doesn't mean picking and choosing which nationality to fear.

Legally racism includes nationality as well as ethnic background, so racism fits the bill better than xenophobia.

loveofthegame
It means the irrational fear of that which is not your own nationality. It doesn't mean picking and choosing which nationality to fear.

Legally racism includes nationality as well as ethnic background, so racism fits the bill better than xenophobia.

Nope cant agree. Also it is not just fear it is 'fear or hatred.'

Regardless the word Lith is not offensive in any way, shape or form

Sheriff Fatman
Nope cant agree. Also it is not just fear it is 'fear or hatred.'

Regardless the word Lith is not offensive in any way, shape or form

It doesn't matter whether you agree or not, that is the way the term 'racism' is used it the courts and in common speach.

The term Lith in it's own right is not racist, the way it is used can be. In much the same way someone using the term 'Scot' and pronouncing it with a spit can be.

JamboRossi79
Zaliukas contributed to yet another clean sheet on Saturday - the 6th clean sheet in 7 games. I don't think he should have come back into the side, but he started poorly but came on to a fairly solid game. Our defenders have been a lot more solid in recent games. Given the clean sheet, would suggest that none of the defenders should be dropped.

Chesney clearly got injured and will need to be replaced.

Miko had a good game - my MoM for 2nd game running. He does not deserve to be dropped at this point.

Ksnavicius had as poor a game as I have ever seen from a Hearts player and he should return to Kaunas.

I agree, Zal did ok, Miko was good, I wouldn't play Ches anyway as he has been off form recently and if Ivas has been doing well in the reserves then put him in the team and Audrey should definitley be dropped after that "performance".

Drylaw Hearts
the saturday before that (first time you mention it) he scored our goal so quit whinging for the sake of whinging...ur constant drivel is both inacurate and embarassing. i don't like him either but wouldn't drop him when the sad fact of the truth is he's one of our better players. not saying he's great we're just crap!!!! Stewart can rot and neilson can just curl up somewhere

My 'constant drivel' is both 'inaccurate and embarassing' ?

Yet strangely we seem to agree on the ability of Miko, Stewart and Neilson.

Mmmmm.

Archived