Jamie-Carraghers-tackle-on-Nani

slfjambo

Rafael and Carragher should both have seen red.

There were a number of worse tackles in that game than in the Old firm game - and the behaviour of the players towards the referee was poor. Somehow I doubt they will be holding a "summit" to discuss the problems with this fixture.

Just underlines the over reaction to the Old firm game.

Morgaro Gomis

Love the Liverpool hatefest. :teehee:

Carragher should have seen red, no doubt, but for anyone to claim it was pre-meditated would have to have been told this personally by Carragher, so; does anyone know Jamie Carragher?

I also love the fact that Rafael seems to not be under scrutiny due to the fact that Maxi Rodriguez caught him before he lunged in with two foot on Lucas.

Both were awful tackles, both should and could have recieved red cards for the tackles. Carraghers only looked worse due to the fact it was on Nani's standing leg, and he never had time to get it out of the way. Carragher's was a high, one footed, tackle, which I do admit, was shocking.

Rafael's however, was a high, two footed tackle - which fortunately - Lucas was able to get out of the way of.

Also, the comments about Gerrard are laughable, the picture only tells half the story, it seems to show him telling Nani to get up after Carraghers tackle, however, he actually told Nani to get up as Nani cheated by going down as if Gerrard had punched him, trying to get Gerrard sent off. Either way, both tackles should have warranted red's.

Nevertheless, Man United still would not have been good enough, on the day, to beat Liverpool. Anyway, carry on the hate-fest. :thumbsup:

Think this is a prime example of what happens when a ref fails to deal with a situation. As soon as he only books Carragher for his challenge then the players respond in kind.

The ref should have realised it's like your first day in prison! You need to kick the first guys @rse or risk being the prison b!tch! :thumbsup:

The state of Nani's leg is disgusting, no wonder he has crying. Carraghers a horrible scouse *****, knew exactly what he was doing when he went through Nani. Nani may be an arse at times himself but no player deserves a challenge like that. As for Gerrard, well he should really be doing prison time for assault, another **** of the highest order.

Haha, this thread is hilarious,but this is priceless!

Where did you see that?

I only saw a grown man, trying to pretend to cry, whilst slumping to the deck theatrically following his laughable one-legged pursuit of the ref.

Just an opinion likes!

Ps. I love how so many "genuinely hate" people they've never met.

(apologies to those who HAVE met the footballers whom they hate and detest so much.)

Bert Le Clos

Carragher should have seen red, no doubt, but for anyone to claim it was pre-meditated would have to have been told this personally by Carragher, so; does anyone know Jamie Carragher?

I am Jamie Carragher.

It was pre-meditated as I'm a Manc hating Scouse tramp. Anyone could have got it, it was only Nani because he stood still for long enough for me to catch up.

If the tackle had happened to Rudi or Temps, not one person would be defending that thug.

The love in he gets from the media and Liverpool fans is comical. As a defender, he's quite limited. As a person, he's a ######.

The Old Tolbooth

Was it not Carragher who was going to get his scouse mates to batter a Blackburn player when they seen him in a shopping centre? :lol: :lol:

Also this is what he said in his book after an incident where his team-mate Song mocked his ability.

"Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50?50 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not ******* laughing now, are you, you soft *****?' I said as he hobbled away."

:vrface:

I've never really liked Carragher since that came to light, he comes across as a total welt to me.

Quite right too - the guy took the pesh so he sorted him. What's the problem?

He got someone else to do it because he's a coward.

As for the challenge, when I first saw the tackle I didn't think it was that bad, but when you see replays of the tackle then it looks like he tried to "do him", and it was a shocker. Carragher probably remembers Nani's antics in games gone by between Liverpool and manure, which is why he tried to take him out I reckon, but there's no excusing that sort of tackle because Nani is lucky he's only out for 3-5 weeks, it could/should have been a lot worse.

Nani didn't do himself any favours the way he sprinted a few yards to confront the referee, which is probably why Carragher stayed on the pitch, had Nani stayed crumpled in a heap (clutching his face for some reason :blink: ) on the deck, then I think the ref would have had no option but to send off Carragher.

I'm laughing at the anti Liverpool feeling on here though (as per usual) as I didn't see the same witch hunt when Rooney deliberately ran up to McCarthey and elbowed him in the face 2 weeks ago against Wigan somehow escaping punishment. Had something like that happened on the streets and CCTV picked it up, then it would have been an assault charge, but not many on here were so quick to jump down his throat. Both Rooney and Carragher should be further punished for such incidents imo because both were just evil acts of violence of which there was no need. The ref made a mistake with Carragher yesterday, then shit out of sending off Rafael for another very poor tackle because he knew he'd fecked up, it's quite scary how referees are completely untouchable and pretty much unaccountable for their mistakes.

Rafael and carragher should both have been sent off, Im glad they didn't though because it was a pretty entertaining game. Sir Alex has now thrown the toys out the pram and man utd are looking a bit jaded now.

All and all im not a supporter of any other team but it was good to see the title race open up which can only be a good thing!

He opened his leg up like a tin of sardines. Regardless of whether nani was greeting like a big woos or not it was a quite deliberate and disgusting tackle and carragher should have been sent off. Rafaels tackle was terrible as well and he should have walked. We see enough hacking up here without paying sky money to watch shit like that and the refs need to clamp down on it.

colinmaroon

Rafael and Carragher should both have seen red.

There were a number of worse tackles in that game than in the Old firm game - and the behaviour of the players towards the referee was poor. Somehow I doubt they will be holding a "summit" to discuss the problems with this fixture.

Just underlines the over reaction to the Old firm game.

Don' forget that sneaky coward, Rodriguez!!!

Love the Liverpool hatefest. :teehee:

I also love the fact that Rafael seems to not be under scrutiny due to the fact that Maxi Rodriguez caught him before he lunged in with two foot on Lucas.

Both were awful tackles, both should and could have recieved red cards for the tackles. Carraghers only looked worse due to the fact it was on Nani's standing leg, and he never had time to get it out of the way. Carragher's was a high, one footed, tackle, which I do admit, was shocking.

Rafael's however, was a high, two footed tackle - which fortunately - Lucas was able to get out of the way of.

Also, the comments about Gerrard are laughable, the picture only tells half the story, it seems to show him telling Nani to get up after Carraghers tackle, however, he actually told Nani to get up as Nani cheated by going down as if Gerrard had punched him, trying to get Gerrard sent off. Either way, both tackles should have warranted red's.

Nevertheless, Man United still would not have been good enough, on the day, to beat Liverpool. Anyway, carry on the hate-fest. :thumbsup:

Sums the incident up perfectly.

I've never really liked Carragher since that came to light, he comes across as a total welt to me.

As for the challenge, when I first saw the tackle I didn't think it was that bad, but when you see replays of the tackle then it looks like he tried to "do him", and it was a shocker. Carragher probably remembers Nani's antics in games gone by between Liverpool and manure, which is why he tried to take him out I reckon, but there's no excusing that sort of tackle because Nani is lucky he's only out for 3-5 weeks, it could/should have been a lot worse.

Nani didn't do himself any favours the way he sprinted a few yards to confront the referee, which is probably why Carragher stayed on the pitch, had Nani stayed crumpled in a heap (clutching his face for some reason :blink: ) on the deck, then I think the ref would have had no option but to send off Carragher.

I'm getting upset at the anti Liverpool feeling on here though (as per usual) as I didn't see the same witch hunt when Rooney deliberately ran up to McCarthey and elbowed him in the face 2 weeks ago against Wigan somehow escaping punishment. Had something like that happened on the streets and CCTV picked it up, then it would have been an assault charge, but not many on here were so quick to jump down his throat. Both Rooney and Carragher should be further punished for such incidents imo because both were just evil acts of violence of which there was no need. The ref made a mistake with Carragher yesterday, then shit out of sending off Rafael for another very poor tackle because he knew he'd fecked up, it's quite scary how referees are completely untouchable and pretty much unaccountable for their mistakes.

Dry your eyes you :D

I'm laughing at the anti Liverpool feeling on here though (as per usual) as I didn't see the same witch hunt when Rooney deliberately ran up to McCarthey and elbowed him in the face 2 weeks ago against Wigan somehow escaping punishment. Had something like that happened on the streets and CCTV picked it up, then it would have been an assault charge, but not many on here were so quick to jump down his throat. Both Rooney and Carragher should be further punished for such incidents imo because both were just evil acts of violence of which there was no need. The ref made a mistake with Carragher yesterday, then shit out of sending off Rafael for another very poor tackle because he knew he'd fecked up, it's quite scary how referees are completely untouchable and pretty much unaccountable for their mistakes.

Are you joking? I seem to remember a thread at least 2 pages long calling Rooney all sorts. Expected better from you.

I also suspect you know the difference between an elbow to the face and an attempt to snap someones leg. Carragher should be hammered for this, just like Rooney should.

Difference is, nothing more will be done about JC.

Also, Nani holding his face was clearly not him trying to avoid looking at his leg, it was a blatant attempt to get everyone sent off :rolleyes:

vlad on the tyne

And to think you get the same punishment for pulling a players shirt! Carragher should get a retrospective red card.

The Comedian

Shocking tackle, but I have no sympathy for Nani I'm afraid.

I find it quite pleasing when prolific cheats get hurt for real to be honest.

I agree. Now that he knows what a real injury looks like, maybe he won't fall on his arse quite so often winning dubious penalties or getting men sent off.

:thumbsup:

nice gash nani! pretty bad tackle, cant be doing with him crying on a football pitch then flashing his gash to the ref and then passing out. shocking tackle, should have been off but i think the ref may have thought nani was at his usual play acting. the boy that cried wolf and all that.

nice gash nani! pretty bad tackle, cant be doing with him crying on a football pitch then flashing his gash to the ref and then passing out. shocking tackle, should have been off but i think the ref may have thought nani was at his usual play acting. the boy that cried wolf and all that.

Seemingly Rooney was the most upset by the incident.Huge disappointment for him when he was asked over to see Nani's gash. :lol:

Carragher should clearly have been sent off.

Gerrard's involvement was also disgraceful. I'm starting to really dislike him as a person.

I P Knightley

Seemingly Rooney was the most upset by the incident.Huge disappointment for him when he was asked over to see Nani's gash. :lol:

I was getting disappointed with the way this thread had been going. Talk of Carragher getting his tackle in and leaving an oozing gash should really have brought up the double entendres sooner.

The football authorities need to have a look at this "if it's dealt with during play, we'll say no more" approach that they have. They can accept that there is human error and that some things go unseen or wrongly punished. If we can have red cards rescinded, why not go the other way? It happens in rugby union with "citing" bringing about retrospective punishment and there are many instances in football where it would be as fair a thing to do as the circumstances dictate.

Whilst Nani had a genuine grievance for the injury suffered in the tackle, he should also be getting a word about his follow up actions. He ran round to bleat to the ref and then when he was in the ref's line of vision took a second tumble (I thought) in response to a 'pool player going close to him, making it look as though Nani had been (deservedly) thumped in the face.

The Old Tolbooth

Are you joking? I seem to remember a thread at least 2 pages long calling Rooney all sorts. Expected better from you.

I also suspect you know the difference between an elbow to the face and an attempt to snap someones leg. Carragher should be hammered for this, just like Rooney should.

Difference is, nothing more will be done about JC.

Nothing more will be done about Rooney either, and both were deliberate. I already stated that I thought Carragher should be hauled over the coals for that challenge as it was clearly shocking mate, but when they let Rooney off with something equally as deliberate and cowardly, then they can hardly punish Carragher, imagine the outcry. :ninja:

Also, Nani holding his face was clearly not him trying to avoid looking at his leg, it was a blatant attempt to get everyone sent off :rolleyes:

Glad you noticed that bit :thumbsup:

Nothing more will be done about Rooney either, and both were deliberate. I already stated that I thought Carragher should be hauled over the coals for that challenge as it was clearly shocking mate, but when they let Rooney off with something equally as deliberate and cowardly, then they can hardly punish Carragher, imagine the outcry. :ninja:

Glad you noticed that bit :thumbsup:

Oh come on.

Yes Rooney should be punished but the worst what he could have done was give the guy a sore head for a couple of minutes.

Carragher could have had Nani out for 6 months +, and never guaranteed to recover fully.

or he was trying to avoid millions of people seeing him crying.

The Old Tolbooth

Oh come on.

Yes Rooney should be punished but the worst what he could have done was give the guy a sore head for a couple of minutes.

Carragher could have had Nani out for 6 months +, and never guaranteed to recover fully.

But he's not out for up to 6 months plus, he's out for 3 weeks (I think) :unsure:

An elbow in the face, if aimed correctly, can blind. I think that's pretty serious, don't you? Using your logic, McCarthey could have been forced to give up his career altogether, but he was lucky enough not to be hit in the worst of places, just like Nani.

But he's not out for up to 6 months plus, he's out for 3 weeks (I think) :unsure:

An elbow in the face, if aimed correctly, can blind. I think that's pretty serious, don't you? Using your logic, McCarthey could have been forced to give up his career altogether, but he was lucky enough not to be hit in the worst of places, just like Nani.

how many recorded incidents of blinding by elbow have you heard about happening in football matches?

on the other side of it there have been countless bad injuries through reckless (dirty) tackling.

Denny Crane

how many recorded incidents of blinding by elbow have you heard about happening in football matches?

on the other side of it there have been countless bad injuries through reckless (dirty) tackling.

No blindings that I can find but an elbow can cause some serious damage

http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/premier-league/iain-hume.html

:vrface:

Give up, seriously.

The Old Tolbooth

Are you saying someone has never been blinded by a punch or an elbow to the face before? What I was basically doing is taking it to the other extreme, an instance was made saying that Nani could have been out for 6 months plus, or had his career ended, which was over dramatised, so I simply did the same with the Rooney/McCarthey incident.

In no way am I defending what Carragher did as I've stated he should have been further punished a few times already, but I don't see how it's any different an act of cowardice to what Rooney did and both should be hauled before the beaks before some really does lose their career, it needs to be stamped (pardon the pun) out. :thumbsup:

Are you saying someone has never been blinded by a punch or an elbow to the face before? What I was basically doing is taking it to the other extreme, an instance was made saying that Nani could have been out for 6 months plus, or had his career ended, which was over dramatised, so I simply did the same with the Rooney/McCarthey incident.

In no way am I defending what Carragher did as I've stated he should have been further punished a few times already, but I don't see how it's any different an act of cowardice to what Rooney did and both should be hauled before the beaks before some really does lose their career, it needs to be stamped (pardon the pun) out. :thumbsup:

not at all john, what i am saying is the type of challenge rooney put in SELDOM results in serious injury whereas the type of challenge carragher was guilty of OFTEN does.

not at all john, what i am saying is the type of challenge rooney put in SELDOM results in serious injury whereas the type of challenge carragher was guilty of OFTEN does.

Exactly.

Besides, I don't remember one person defending what Rooney did anyway.

:blink:

The Old Tolbooth

Which is a fair point to make mate, although my point is that both acts are equal in terms of cowardice.

Exactly.

Besides, I don't remember one person defending what Rooney did anyway.

:blink:

Apart from Sir Alex who defended Rooney in the after match interview, I said at the time I'd have had more respect for him had he came out and lambasted his player for it, instead of lying to everyone inventing cringeworthy excuses, saying that, I'd be happier if Dalglish came out and had a go at Carragher for his challenge too, it was stupid and needless. The point I'm making is that there is no place in football for those types of challenges and something needs done about it rather than letting players off the hook. I'm sure there are many other instances which could be dragged up which have went unpunished in the past too.

Which is a fair point to make mate, although my point is that both acts are equal in terms of cowardice.

Apart from Sir Alex who defended Rooney in the after match interview, I said at the time I'd have had more respect for him had he came out and lambasted his player for it, instead of lying to everyone inventing cringeworthy excuses, saying that, I'd be happier if Dalglish came out and had a go at Carragher for his challenge too, it was stupid and needless. The point I'm making is that there is no place in football for those types of challenges and something needs done about it rather than letting players off the hook. I'm sure there are many other instances which could be dragged up which have went unpunished in the past too.

Correct. I got really fecked off when Mick Phelan bleats about refs 95% of the time during post match interviews then says he's "happy' at the refs performance because, in this instance, he's not pulled Rooney up !

Same with Arsene Wenger. He's never yet seen a bad foul comitted by one of his players :blink:

I think we really have to get a grip of this hypocrisy

The Old Tolbooth

Looks like the English FA are looking to do something about the Rooney incident

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1364332/FA-seek-clarification-FIFA-retrospective-action-wake-Wayne-Rooney-elbow.html

No mention of Carragher though...:whistling:

Fair play if they are, and I'm wondering now that because Carragher was booked during the game, that this means that the FA can't touch him even although they can see how dangerous the tackle was, it's a stupid ruling. (correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I was under the impression that if the ref acts during the game, then the FA doesn't get involved)

Fair play if they are, and I'm wondering now that because Carragher was booked during the game, that this means that the FA can't touch him even although they can see how dangerous the tackle was, it's a stupid ruling. (correct me if I'm wrong someone, but I was under the impression that if the ref acts during the game, then the FA doesn't get involved)

the same thing happened with rooney (free-kick awarded and talking to by ref i think). The FA told FIFA at the meeting in wales that they could not punish him more as the ref had seen it and done something about it. FIFA said that they could under some rule (cant remember what though) so i see it that they could (and IMO should) punish carragher for his tackle.

yeah both were pretty cowardly but the fact that one was akin to a hard clip round the ear and the other resulted in the type of wound you would expect from a motorbike fall should not be ignored was all i was saying. they were cowardly and it grates that the refs didn`t have the bottle to deal with either incident in the correct manner (which is what it boils down to, a lack of bottle shown by english refs).

oh! meant to add alex feguson can come accross as a total knob at times. the fact he sees himself as above criticism these days is not an endearing quality to his nature at all.

Wayne clearly didn't mean to elbow the Wigan player but Carragher went out on Sunday to take Nani out the game.

Carragher is just scum.

rossthejambo

Wayne clearly didn't mean to elbow the Wigan player but Carragher went out on Sunday to take Nani out the game.

Carragher is just scum.

:lol: Away ye go.

The Old Tolbooth

the same thing happened with rooney (free-kick awarded and talking to by ref i think). The FA told FIFA at the meeting in wales that they could not punish him more as the ref had seen it and done something about it. FIFA said that they could under some rule (cant remember what though) so i see it that they could (and IMO should) punish carragher for his tackle.

In that case I totally agree, you can't have players going around getting away with this type of thing.

Carragher is just scum.

Yeah, he's clearly going up for a header when the ball is ON THE GROUND :lol:

Which part of this don't you think is deliberate exactly? :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLil2uedT2w

Carragher is just scum.

i`m echoing ross a wee bit but this is an awful attempt, beats. :lol:

In that case I totally agree, you can't have players going around getting away with this type of thing.

Yeah, he's clearly going up for a header when the ball is ON THE GROUND :lol:

Which part of this don't you think is deliberate exactly? :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLil2uedT2w

:yas:

:verysmug:

:lol:

You'll keep :bootyshake:

Please change your signature.It's been getting on my nerves for ages now.The :rofl: needs re typed I think :unsure:

:lol:

Archived