Jamie-Carraghers-tackle-on-Nani

slfjambo

i know theres another post on here about liverpool v man utd but i thought this needs a thread of its own

Not for the faint hearted. This is what had Luis Nani in tears and stretchered off during the Liverpool game. Jamie Carragher recieved a yellow card for this.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3449871/Manchester-United-furious-at-Jamie-Carraghers-tackle-on-Nani.html

It was a shocker. Not only did he go in just below the knee, but he raked his studs right down his leg. Horrific tackle.

Gerrard's reaction is appalling as well.

Shocking tackle, but I have no sympathy for Nani I'm afraid.

I find it quite pleasing when prolific cheats get hurt for real to be honest.

Bert Le Clos

Nani's a bawbag and deserves to get booked more often for his theatrics, but I'd never wish a tackle like that on anyone.

If his foot was firmly planted that could have been a compound fracture.

Horrendous tackle. Carragher will get away with it much as Terry and Gerrard have in the past because of the English media's love in with them.

Remnants of Standards

Bad tackle of course, but interesting utds chief executive david gill approached the ref at half time; the FA should hammer them for that.

mahgrassyshoes

Bad challenge by Carragher, but i found it very interesting that Nani was able to chase the referee and show him the cut before lying down, crying and having to be stretchered off.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Carragher is the most under-penalised player in the history of the Premier League, closely followed by Gerrard

It was a shocking challenge.

Carragher has always been a typical dirty smelly scouser :down:

Man U were kicked off the park by them again yesterday.Seems to be Liverpools tactic against them when they play!

Bad challenge by Carragher, but i found it very interesting that Nani was able to chase the referee and show him the cut before lying down, crying and having to be stretchered off.

Totally agree.

colinmaroon

It was a disgusting tackle and any attempt to divert attention away from how disgusting it really was by trying to focus on Nani's "faults", is just as disgusting!

There are some things for which there are absolutely no excuses, and Carragher knew exactly what he was doing!

I know he was booked but I hope that there is some way that he receives what he desrves - a lengthy ban.

And that photo of Gerrard is further proof of what I've gathered over the last few years, namely, that Gerrard is a very unpleasant person.

I remember a delayed reaction but I don't remember him chasing the ref to show him anything.

Are you thinking of Rafael after Maxi Rodriguez's cowardly lunge (which somehow went unpunished) just prior to his (Rafael's) booking?

I have no love for either side but had Man U and Spurs to win on my coupon yesterday so any advantage for Man U would have been gratefully received. As it turned out even though Wolves deserved at least a point, the treachorous Hibby barsteward would've cost me!

mahgrassyshoes

It was a disgusting tackle and any attempt to divert attention away from how disgusting it really was by trying to focus on Nani's "faults", is just as disgusting!

There are some things for which there are absolutely no excuses, and Carragher knew exactly what he was doing!

I know he was booked but I hope that there is some way that he receives what he desrves - a lengthy ban.

And that photo of Gerrard is further proof of what I've gathered over the last few years, namely, that Gerrard is a very unpleasant person.

Dunno if this was aimed at my comment, but i certainly wasn't trying to take away from the challenge. It was definitely shocking, but I just don't understand how he could manage the gamesmanship before not being able to walk 10 yards off the pitch..

The bit in bold won't happen due to the stupid rule that if it is dealt with at the time nothing is done subsequently.

mahgrassyshoes

I remember a delayed reaction but I don't remember him chasing the ref to show him anything.

Are you thinking of Rafael after Maxi Rodriguez's cowardly lunge (which somehow went unpunished) just prior to his (Rafael's) booking?

I have no love for either side but had Man U and Spurs to win on my coupon yesterday so any advantage for Man U would have been gratefully received. As it turned out even though Wolves deserved at least a point, the treachorous Hibby barsteward would've cost me!

He definitely did, he runs about 15-20 yards after the challenge pointing to the cut on his leg then after a while goes down.

jambos are go!

I carry no torch for any English side but the tackle was a premeditated potential leg breaker and is totally indefensible. Rather than the sort of handbags at 10 paces we see regularly punished with red cards as on Saturday at Tynecastle the authorities should throw the book at career threatening challenges even if based on TV evidence.

gorgie rd eh11

It was a shocking challenge.

Carragher has always been a typical dirty smelly scouser :down:

Man U were kicked off the park by them again yesterday.Seems to be Liverpools tactic against them when they play!

:lol: Quality whingeing. Old greeting face Fergie would be proud.

Snake Plissken

hmmm tough one.

I despise Liverpool but Nani missed a penalty against Fulham which cost me over ?600 earlier this season.

So I hope it hurt and I hope action is taken against Carragher.

:)

The Real Maroonblood

:lol: Quality whingeing. Old greeting face Fergie would be proud.

I noticed Ferguson was MIA after the match for an interview or maybe I missed it.

mahgrassyshoes

I noticed Ferguson was MIA after the match for an interview or maybe I missed it.

He's imposed a media blackout, which if Sky, Talksport or the BBC complain about he will have to be sanctioned by the EPL.

The Real Maroonblood

He's imposed a media blackout, which if Sky, Talksport or the BBC complain about he will have to be sanctioned by the EPL.

What a bawbag.

jamboinglasgow

Saw a video on YouTube once of a German player who in a bad tackle, his bone is out through his skin and he gets up runs over to the touching to argue with the opposition manager, meanwhile all his teammates are standing there looking horrified by this horror tackle.

Sometimes when running on adrenaline and anger it takes a few seconds for pain and reality to register.

mahgrassyshoes

Saw a video on YouTube once of a German player who in a bad tackle, his bone is out through his skin and he gets up runs over to the touching to argue with the opposition manager, meanwhile all his teammates are standing there looking horrified by this horror tackle.

Sometimes when running on adrenaline and anger it takes a few seconds for pain and reality to register.

I get what you are saying, but they're not really the same thing. He had a cut on his shin and would have a stud in the bone. I'm not doubting it would be sore, but I had a similar thing happen to me last week and was able to hobble off the pitch and play again on wednesday. I don't think there was a need to show the referee the cut. It was nothing more than an attempt to get another player sent off.

rossthejambo

Carragher's a dirty chavvy scouse prick, and he's pretty dirty on the football pitch as well. Genuinely hate that shitebag.

I get what you are saying, but they're not really the same thing. He had a cut on his shin and would have a stud in the bone. I'm not doubting it would be sore, but I had a similar thing happen to me last week and was able to hobble off the pitch and play again on wednesday. I don't think there was a need to show the referee the cut. It was nothing more than an attempt to get another player sent off.

If someone went in like that on me I'd be wanting them sent off too.

Carragher is a disgrace.

Templeton'sUnderpants

He certainly did get up and chase the referee, unfortunate for him really as IMO it definitely should have been a sending off but if anything Nani made it seem less serious with his actions.

What a bawbag.

In fairness it is as a result of a documentary by the BBC which totally tore in to his son as an agent saying hr just rides on his fathers coat tails, can't really blame a man for not wanting to associate with people that have done that to his son.

Having seen it several times it looked a sore one and 'hobbling off' may have done more damage, can't be too careful when you are dealing with a leg injury in football since their legs are their livelihood. No problem with him trying to get the player sent off simply because he should have been sent off.

If someone went in like that on me I'd be wanting them sent off too.

Carragher is a disgrace.

Yep.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

It was a bad tackle and he probably should have been sent off for it, but in my eyes Rafael's challenge was equally as bad and he's lucky that Lucas was up in the air when the challenge went in otherwise there was the potential for a serious injury. I would say both challenges were worthy of red cards but as Carragher was only booked, the referee had no choice but to only book Rafael.

Templeton'sUnderpants

It was a bad tackle and he probably should have been sent off for it, but in my eyes Rafael's challenge was equally as bad and he's lucky that Lucas was up in the air when the challenge went in otherwise there was the potential for a serious injury. I would say both challenges were worthy of red cards but as Carragher was only booked, the referee had no choice but to only book Rafael.

With that challenge you need to take in to account that maxi rodriguez booted Raphael just before that incident. Overall I felt the referee was severely out of his depth for the entire game. Shown perfectly when it kicked off after both these challenges and he simply wandered off and did nothing.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

With that challenge you need to take in to account that maxi rodriguez booted Raphael just before that incident. Overall I felt the referee was severely out of his depth for the entire game. Shown perfectly when it kicked off after both these challenges and he simply wandered off and did nothing.

Maybe so but it's still no excuse for lunging in dangerously.

Referee maybe got both calls wrong for the challenges but apart from that I thought he was OK.

rossthejambo

Mod Edit

:vrface:

Tackles like Jamie Carragher's have no place in football either, in fact I'd much rather he messed off than Nani.

Mod Edit

So going down too easily occassionaly is worse than leg breaking challenges now is it?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Was it not Carragher who was going to get his scouse mates to batter a Blackburn player when they seen him in a shopping centre? :lol: :lol:

Also this is what he said in his book after an incident where his team-mate Song mocked his ability.

"Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50?50 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not ******* laughing now, are you, you soft *****?' I said as he hobbled away."

Denny Crane
In fairness it is as a result of a documentary by the BBC which totally tore in to his son as an agent saying hr just rides on his fathers coat tails, can't really blame a man for not wanting to associate with people that have done that to his son.

The BBC documentary alleged a lot more than that.

Broomie Hearts

Tackles like Jamie Carragher's have no place in football either, in fact I'd much rather he messed off than Nani.

where did i say theres a place in football for carraghers tackle?

rossthejambo

Was it not Carragher who was going to get his scouse mates to batter a Blackburn player when they seen him in a shopping centre? :lol: :lol:

Also this is what he said in his book after an incident where his team-mate Song mocked his ability.

"Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50?50 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not ******* laughing now, are you, you soft *****?' I said as he hobbled away."

Certainly was him.

where did i say theres a place in football for carraghers tackle?

You said you hoped the tackle hurt Nani which is as good as saying he deserved the tackle that Carragher inflicted on him (oo-er).

The fact that you are more interested in Nani's "theatrics" than the assault by Carragher says enough.

:facepalm:

He definitely did, he runs about 15-20 yards after the challenge pointing to the cut on his leg then after a while goes down.

Not doubting you mate, wasn't really giving the game 100% of my attention but I did remember Rafael showing his thigh to the ref.

Seymour M Hersh

A lot of high-horses being utilised today.

GIRUY Manure!

Michael Jackson got a cut leg from a poor challenge when MJ basical did him for speed. For some to say it was pre-meditated is farcical. Rodriguez's challenge was that of a forward, poor but not intentional. Rapheal was more pre-meditated and potentially dangerous. Two footed lunge both feet off the ground. Ref should have blown for half time as soon as manure failed to gain anything from the MJ free kick but played on when tempers were high as 15 minutes in the dressing room would have cooled it all down. Made a rod for his own back there. Other than that he did ok and the game though physical was played in a decent spirit.

Frankenstein Jambo.

He mis-timed the challenge, these things happen in football. He was rightly yellow carded and the ref got that spot on. Carragher is not a dirty player and Gerrard was doing his captains duty, sticking up for his team mate in the heat of the moment when all the thuggery of the Man u players cam for his blood.

He mis-timed the challenge, these things happen in football. He was rightly yellow carded and the ref got that spot on. Carragher is not a dirty player and Gerrard was doing his captains duty, sticking up for his team mate in the heat of the moment when all the thuggery of the Man u players cam for his blood.

Your trolling is pretty lame.

Nookie Bear

Quite right too - the guy took the pesh so he sorted him. What's the problem?

Denny Crane

Quite right too - the guy took the pesh so he sorted him. What's the problem?

That aside, Rigobert Song had a cheek slagging off someone's ability given his lack of it in a red shirt.

scott_jambo

Totally agree.

Have you ever heard of adrenaline or going into 'shock'.

You two are complete numbskulls, he was clearly seriously injured by the tackle.

Not a Man Utd fan just someone with basic knowledge of first aid. Read a book.

Dunno if this was aimed at my comment, but i certainly wasn't trying to take away from the challenge. It was definitely shocking, but I just don't understand how he could manage the gamesmanship before not being able to walk 10 yards off the pitch..

The bit in bold won't happen due to the stupid rule that if it is dealt with at the time nothing is done subsequently.

its called adrenalin, have you never hurt yourself while playing football(for example), hurt your ankle, kept playing but 2 minutes later had to come off as it was aching, thats all called adrenalin, i appreciate that some players act on things and it really aint as bad as they act but that was just thuggery and as someone else has said, he is the most unpunished player, well atleast defender!!!

Frankenstein Jambo.

He'll probably be out for 5-6 weeks were in reality he could probably play in a couple.

It looks worse than it is I suspect.

Walter Bishop

That aside, Rigobert Song had a cheek slagging off someone's ability given his lack of it in a red shirt.

To be fair Rigobert Song was 56 years old when he signed for Liverpool. :whistling: :whistling:

Gordon Ramsay

The state of Nani's leg is disgusting, no wonder he has crying. Carraghers a horrible scouse *****, knew exactly what he was doing when he went through Nani. Nani may be an arse at times himself but no player deserves a challenge like that. As for Gerrard, well he should really be doing prison time for assault, another **** of the highest order.

mahgrassyshoes

Have you ever heard of adrenaline or going into 'shock'.

You two are complete numbskulls, he was clearly seriously injured by the tackle.

Not a Man Utd fan just someone with basic knowledge of first aid. Read a book.

Back in 3 weeks tops, hardly serious.

mahgrassyshoes

its called adrenalin, have you never hurt yourself while playing football(for example), hurt your ankle, kept playing but 2 minutes later had to come off as it was aching, thats all called adrenalin, i appreciate that some players act on things and it really aint as bad as they act but that was just thuggery and as someone else has said, he is the most unpunished player, well atleast defender!!!

I know what adrenalin is, i also know that if it is going to have an affect it doesn't wear off after 10-15 seconds. Nani has a reputation for feigning injury and going down early, sometimes people will be sceptical towards him, that come with his reputation.

Archived