Buy out of Romanov

Colonel Kurtz

Charlie-Brown

If they dont have enough to buy him out, then they certainly dont have the funds to keep us going month to month.

They or any other potential owner would have if they ran the clubs finances on a sustainable basis and ensured the club was run within the amount of money it generates each year. This would probably mean geting rid of players we either can't afford or can't afford to carry.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay you have forced my hand; there is some bloke whom has made bombs on endownments/investments and a few folk based in Edinburgh in the hotel/property markets (about 3/4), not enough to buy him out but.

I heard something along these lines from a friend in the financial industry in Edinburgh just before Romanov took over.

Apparently 4 wealthy Hearts minded businessmen were waiting in the wings for things to go t*ts up with Robinson and they were holding off trying to buy at a favourable price just before the bailiffs moved in. They were supposed to have money to spend but obviously the more they used to buy out CPR and Co, the less they would have to invest in the playing side. Romanov beat them to it.

Now with the recent recession I wonder if that prospect is still a runner.

Only a Game

...................... a few folk based in Edinburgh in the hotel/property markets (about 3/4), not enough to buy him out but.

Working in that sector, as I do, You'll be lucky if anyone in the serious Edinburgh hotel/property market in Edinburgh has got enough spare cash lying about for a season ticket, far less taking over the club. No-one is selling who doesnt have to, because no-one is buying unless the price is ludicrously low.

Dont know a great deal about endowments and investments but I'd be astonished if any proper businessman would even consider taking over a Scottish Football club right now without being sectioned by a doctor.

Unless Romanov is contemplating walking away from the ?23m debt there is no chance of anyone buying us. As hard as it is for me to say, we're far better off with Romanov than any other viable option at the moment. Any option that depends on a bank being in any way supportive is a non starter anyway.

They or any other potential owner would have if they ran the clubs finances on a sustainable basis and ensured the club was run within the amount of money it generates each year. This would probably mean geting rid of players we either can't afford or can't afford to carry.

First division and sale of tynecastle within first year then.

Genghis Khan

I heard something along these lines from a friend in the financial industry in Edinburgh just before Romanov took over.

Apparently 4 wealthy Hearts minded businessmen were waiting in the wings for things to go t*ts up with Robinson and they were holding off trying to buy at a favourable price just before the bailiffs moved in. They were supposed to have money to spend but obviously the more they used to buy out CPR and Co, the less they would have to invest in the playing side. Romanov beat them to it.

Now with the recent recession I wonder if that prospect is still a runner.

Nearly right Al but you're out with your timings. Romanov was the only show in town back in 2005 but the 4 came forward more recently as a "safety net" just in case anything untoward (financially) was to happen to the club. As this hasn't came to pass, they have moved from Plan B to Plan A.

Charlie-Brown

First division and sale of tynecastle within first year then.

Why would that be? Hearts generate more money than any club outside the Old Firm so we should be able to at least compete with what Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee Utd, Motherwell etc can spend on paying their players given they earn less than we do.

I suppose the great unknowable is how much debt would we be left with and/or would we still own tynecastle or have to rent or lease it until UBIG got their money back or we could afford to reach a settlement with VR & UBIG?

I think after 15 years of profligate spending and being subsidised by the Bank of Scotland then UKIO bankas Hearts fans have forgotten what it's like for the club to survive on what it generatesinstead of being heavily subsidised each year.

For at least 30 years, there has been a mystery consortium of rich Edinburgh businessmen keen to put millions into Hearts but waiting for the right moment to step forward. Every time the club has changed hands, it's alleged soon afterwards that there was another, and far richer, potential buyer, who wanted all their money to go into the club rather than into the pockets of the previous owner.

These rumours may have been around for far longer than 30 years; that's just the time that I've been aware of the ownership and financial issues of football clubs.

None of these mystery buyers have ever stepped forward, and I see no reason to expect one to do so now. It seems unlikely that a home defeat to Kilmarnock, leaving it almost certain that we will finish third, would be the catalyst for one to appear.

ToadKiller Dog

They or any other potential owner would have if they ran the clubs finances on a sustainable basis and ensured the club was run within the amount of money it generates each year. This would probably mean getting rid of players we either can't afford or can't afford to carry.

Would they have enough to keep us together until we got to that sustainable level or counter the possible reduction in income due to having to sell our better players for less which would likely reduce crowds as we fell backwards for a few seasons and with the new 10 team league that could be extremely dangerous and yes maybe

a relegation and yes maybe administration if they get there sums wrong .

I would like Vlad to stay at least until he gets us at the sustainable level that he talks about that to me is a far safer move at this time .

Charlie-Brown

For at least 30 years, there has been a mystery consortium of rich Edinburgh businessmen keen to put millions into Hearts but waiting for the right moment to step forward. Every time the club has changed hands, it's alleged soon afterwards that there was another, and far richer, potential buyer, who wanted all their money to go into the club rather than into the pockets of the previous owner.

These rumours may have been around for far longer than 30 years; that's just the time that I've been aware of the ownership and financial issues of football clubs.

None of these mystery buyers have ever stepped forward, and I see no reason to expect one to do so now. It seems unlikely that a home defeat to Kilmarnock, leaving it almost certain that we will finish third, would be the catalyst for one to appear.

It's conceivable that a group of Hearts-minded individuals with some wealth might well fancy owning HMFC however I seriously doubt there is any such group with plans to "invest" (spend/fritter) serious money on the footballing front - that simply isn't realistic. perhaps they feel that they could run the club in a financially sensible & prudent manner like Farmer & Petrie have run Hibs for almost 2 decades and act as club custodians but the idea that there is a big pot of money just waiting to be handed to Jefferies or whoever isn't credible.

Charlie-Brown

Would they have enough to keep us together until we got to that sustainable level or counter the possible reduction in income due to having to sell our better players for less which would likely reduce crowds as we fell backwards for a few seasons and with the new 10 team league that could be extremely dangerous and yes maybe

a relegation and yes maybe administration if they get there sums wrong .

I would like Vlad to stay at least until he gets us at the sustainable level that he talks about that to me is a far safer move at this time .

Well i agree that it would be nice if Romanov could shield us financially until we can achieve financial stability but we should really be capable of puting our own house in order even if that means having to swallow some harsh medicine for the long term sustainability of the club. Put it this way neither Romanov or anybody else owes Hearts the amount of money we've required to be subsidised year on year. If we can't pay our own way in the world why should anybody else bail us out continually?

Okay you have forced my hand; there is some bloke whom has made bombs on endownments/investments and a few folk based in Edinburgh in the hotel/property markets (about 3/4), not enough to buy him out but.

The last punters to have made serious wads on endowments in recent times are old enough to have witnessed the horse dran carriage going along Princes Street in 1902.

This thread is bit like what would happen if a plane toilet got ejected over the Alps in prime skiing season. A load of pish snowballing out of control and sucking in unwitting sports fans and dragging them down with it.

Nearly right Al but you're out with your timings. Romanov was the only show in town back in 2005 but the 4 came forward more recently as a "safety net" just in case anything untoward (financially) was to happen to the club. As this hasn't came to pass, they have moved from Plan B to Plan A.

I am only repeating what I was told.

Cut The Crap

Our very own urban legend. :rolleyes:

Amazingly, people keep swallowing it. :lol:

Jambosr1985

I have a name if i could remember it, but when googled you get interesting hits, one in Geneva; wrong again about endownments Standard Life for example are still making bombs out of them.

I have a name if i could remember it, but when googled you get interesting hits, one in Geneva; wrong again about endownments Standard Life for example are still making bombs out of them.

:what:

Genghis Khan

I'm bored with your reticence - the world and his wife knows the info you are trying to "hint" at. How can you Google a name you can't remember - is there a version for amnesiacs?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10313084

Fort Vallance

Is it a possibility that if Romanov wanted out, rather writing off the debt he might be able to put favourable conditions in place with Ukio for the new owners to manage / reduce the debt over an agreed length of time to facilitate any takeover.

Is it a possibility that if Romanov wanted out, rather writing off the debt he might be able to put favourable conditions in place with Ukio for the new owners to manage / reduce the debt over an agreed length of time to facilitate any takeover.

from hearts' point of view, a separation of the club ownership from the debt (left in place as it is) is not a very good idea at all.

it's that very tie-up that has given us significant financial protection.

scott herbertson

I'm bored with your reticence - the world and his wife knows the info you are trying to "hint" at. How can you Google a name you can't remember - is there a version for amnesiacs?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10313084

There is - just canny mind what it's called...

Yes.

Given that the debts outweigh the assets at the club, something along those lines would be required for anyone of sound mind to take on the club. Could be another round of debt for equity, debt forgiveness, club sold for ?1 nominal, easy financing conditions using UBIG/Ukio or similar things.

It is inconceivable that the club will ever trade out of the precarious financial position - even after the huge Gordon fee and 2 rounds of debt for equity it is likely that debts outweigh the assets.

hearts_crazy

fat-elvis-impersonator.jpg

I was genuinely ROFL FPMSL at that photo.

Can't believe how many posts on this obvious trolling thread BTW, that's even funnier TBH

Rudolf's Mate

Well I've read the op amd scrolled all the way through quickly simply looking for a follow up to KC's op however I'm not shocked that he's made the comment and sat back watching everyone else speculate.....

P1sh patter if you ask me!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well I've read the op amd scrolled all the way through quickly simply looking for a follow up to KC's op however I'm not shocked that he's made the comment and sat back watching everyone else speculate.....

P1sh patter if you ask me!

More like par for the course.

Archived