Scotland v Croatia - match thread

K1874M

Good goal although I think Craig will be dissapponted. It would have been easily within his reach but he seemed wrong footed so didn't really have a chance of saving it as he was heading the wrong way.

radio scotland commentator

"and france just do what they failed to do against scotland in their qualifying games.."

pmsl

well done kenny!!!

1-1 btw

kenny miller is pish pish pish!

i was just saying that on messenger to my english mate then seconds later he hits the back of the net

so once again, and all together

kenny miller is pish pish pish

lets hope it works again :D

and France are up :)

Yes, disappointing. That's the game I'm watching.

kenny miller is pish pish pish!

no way! miller is completely under rated. did you see the last derby v man utd game? he was excellent. he always works hard and looks to create for other players. hes quick enough to give scotland a whole different dimension in attack. we'd be lacking without him.

alan i was kidding

well, i wasn't at the time, cos he doesn't always play, and isn't a great goal scorer for a striker.

i had no sooner said that to my mate than he scored

the last time i did this with calum elliot he scored TWICE in the same game (dunfy cup game) so its a bit of a standing joke now

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Doing alright.

Huttons having a great game, Maloney has been pretty rank, hopefully Fletcher comes into the middle and we change to 4-4-2.

Croatia are technically superior but then they passed England off the park so it's no surprise.

The Croatia manager looks like a ned who should be in Govan wi a bottle of Bucky.

i read your whole post in my head with an alan partridge voice.....

i'm giggling like a loon here now!

since i only have the radio to go by, if its to be believed then hutton is a total footballer, and playing a blinder of a game.

Norn Iron thrashing Georgia. 3-0 up at half time.

Shame we never did that when it mattered, eh?

absolutely. thats when we failed to qualify.

never mind, theres always the next set of games :D

Maloney is terrible, but we don't have anyone who can change the game in midfield. Rae or Teale? Hopefully Berra can get himself 20mins in the place of Caldwell.

Maloney is terrible, but we don't have anyone who can change the game in midfield. Rae or Teale? Hopefully Berra can get himself 20mins in the place of Caldwell.

just came on, we might aswell be two men down. rae is pish and as you say maloneys been terrible but still on the pitch.

Fat Striker

Were we not linked with Rae last year?

I'm sure there were plenty of 'not Hearts class' comments. Seems to be doing alright for himself.

Mind you even when Kenny Miller was linked some on here deemed him beneath us.

:rolleyes:

Why is Teale taking the corners? Should be a left footer from that side or atleast Hartley taking them.

Yes, disappointing. That's the game I'm watching.
I'm really gutted for you.

Still, you can console yourself in the fact Northern Ireland won. :rolleyes:

Ryan Gosling

Interview was good.

"Would you like to give a special thanks to the Old Firm players who did turn up for tonight's game?" laugh.gif

Decent performance against a pretty good outfit with quality right through.

Gordon was assured as usual. A lot of the times I think he doesn't get the credit he deserves as his positioning is usually spot on so he has simple catches where other keepers will have to make saves.

Hutton was excellent and is only going to improve playing in the Premiership. The best player on the park tonight for me.

Caldwell is a bombscare. Great challenge to prevent the goal but far too haphazard to play regularly.

Naysmith's challenge was a horror. Could have done real damage.

Fletcher started slow but really came into it and showed what he can do. The most intelligent player we have by a mile.

Miller ran himself into the ground as usual and got his reward for it. Thought S.Fletcher did well as well and adapted to the level.

All in all a good night, especially with England getting beaten.

Remind me, how much did Celtic pay for Brown? The more I see of him, the more I think he's made a huge mistake going there and needs to get out for the sake of his career.

OmiyaHearts

just back from the match. thought we were really good considering ferguson missing in the midfield. hartley picked up everything, he was man of the match.

good to see rae come in and do half decent, i always though the lad never got a chance at ibrox. hutton was great as well, really happy to see him move to the EPL, can only make him better, he's composed on the ball and always chooses he right option. Maloney got sucked inside a fair bit but he's prob used to playin the other side of the field and his distribution was good. solid at the back, drive and dig in the midfield and good runs up front letting us put the ball into the channels.

considering how good a side we played, i'm absolutely delighted with the performance and the result. well done GB.

christhejambo

4.4 mill i think- the more i see him, the more i think he is a petulant little thug. Thing is, he would be a decent player if he cut that out of his game, but far too often tonight he was mouthing off at the ref, putting in stupid challenges, and generally trying to act like some sort of hardnut enforcer- embarassing.

4.4 mill i think- the more i see him, the more i think he is a petulant little thug. Thing is, he would be a decent player if he cut that out of his game, but far too often tonight he was mouthing off at the ref, putting in stupid challenges, and generally trying to act like some sort of hardnut enforcer- embarassing.

He has always been like that. I don't see why people think he is any good.

I thought we did well against a very skillfull team. Their ball control and movement was tremendous. Turned out to be a seriously competitive game with lots of hard tackles etc

We also had a makeshift team where practically everyone had a decent game. Shaun Maloney, again, has a terrible game for Scotland. This guy is getting to be only useful at freekicks from 20 yards out.

Hutton and Miller were also brilliant.

What about Gary Naysmith's tackle that he got booked for??? That was a shocker.

What was the score?

We get it. Your not interested in the national team. :rolleyes:

christhejambo
He has always been like that. I don't see why people think he is any good.

He wouldn't be in my fisrt choice Scotland 11, but when he keeps a lid on it he can be quite an effective player. I'd have thought that the move to Celtic would have matured him somewhat, but from what iv'e seen the moves gone to his head, and he's as much of a ***** on the park as he used to be both on and off it.

Decent performance against a pretty good outfit with quality right through.

Gordon was assured as usual. A lot of the times I think he doesn't get the credit he deserves as his positioning is usually spot on so he has simple catches where other keepers will have to make saves.

Hutton was excellent and is only going to improve playing in the Premiership. The best player on the park tonight for me.

Caldwell is a bombscare. Great challenge to prevent the goal but far too haphazard to play regularly.

Naysmith's challenge was a horror. Could have done real damage.

Fletcher started slow but really came into it and showed what he can do. The most intelligent player we have by a mile.

Miller ran himself into the ground as usual and got his reward for it. Thought S.Fletcher did well as well and adapted to the level.

All in all a good night, especially with England getting beaten.

Agree with all of that.

Would like to have seen Fletcher up front with a partner but he looked pretty good.

Scott Brown really ****es me off. Walks about the park like he owns the place, moaning at the ref, pushing other players out of the way and just generally being a knob.

He's not even that good, you only have to go on the Celtic boards to see what they think of him.

Think some people confuse his aggressive play with good play.

Dirk Diggler
We get it. Your not interested in the national team. :rolleyes:

You're right.

I asked a reasonable question though, I honestly do not know the score.

I read on here it was 1 nil against and then I read it was a 'good' result for Scotland.

I'm not at the wind up, I'd check on teletext if i could be arsed but desperate housewives is on.

In future, When I ask a perfectly decent question that you may not like, Could you either answer it or ignore it

Ta.

You're right.

I asked a reasonable question though, I honestly do not know the score.

I read on here it was 1 nil against and then I read it was a 'good' result for Scotland.

I'm not at the wind up, I'd check on teletext if i could be arsed but desperate housewives is on.

In future, When I ask a perfectly decent question that you may not like, Could you either answer it or ignore it

Ta.

Fair enough it was 1-1.

I'm going to take this opportunity to post this since you mentioned Desperate Housewives.

f-Eva-Longoria-4025.jpg

Fair enough it was 1-1.

I'm going to take this opportunity to post this since you mentioned Desperate Housewives.

f-Eva-Longoria-4025.jpg

marcia_cross_3.jpg

PWNED!

OmiyaHearts

just seen david villa goal for spain against the tally's . what a bloody finish. pure class

an that burd is a pure ride

Whats the bets all four Rangers players who missed the game last night are all playing on Saturday. For once fair play to Sellick playing four of their team in last nights game. Walter Smith should hang his head in shame.

I'm tired of seeing Maloney and Teale play for Scotland.

Given our players, would like to see Hutton playing as a right midfielder.

Hutton-Brown-Ferguson-Fletcher-McFadden

Miller

Archived