Sciatica

S2H

Anyone ever suffered from this?

If so, what worked for you?

Physio don't seem to be working, i'm munching nurofen plus like they're going out of fashion, but the pain is unbearable at times. Can't sleep for more than about 3 hours at a stretch before having to get up and take more painkillers!

Really starting to do my head in, any tips much appreciated.

S2H

My girlfriends stepdad has sciatica and im not sure how he deals with it, but he says his physio is absolutely brilliant and he feels much better after it, so maybe it depends on the person doing the physio?

I used to get all the time.Fecking agony Took painkillers. Dosnt bother me as much now..

Isaac Begbie

Suffered from a couple of bouts of sciatica in 2006 which i found almost crippling. I'm a fit(ish) 38 year old and have always had a fairly active lifestyle.

After the 2nd bout i started going to a Chiropractor, he's not cheap (around ?28.00 a session i think) but having suffered the pain i think its well worth the money. I only go about once every 3 weeks now and since i started seeing him i have not had any more bouts of sciatica so thats the result i wanted. My back still gives me a bit of bother in terms of being a little stiff and i need to do daily stretches etc, but thats a small price to pay to avoid the pain.

My brother also started to go to the same chiropractor about the same time as i did and he found very little benefit, so it doesnt work for everyone. But knowing the pain you're in right now i'd say its well worth a try.

I hope you can find some way of dealing with it. Good luck.

Diclofenac worked for me too. Also the nurse i seen at the hospital gave me strong ibuprofen and told me that the regular ones you can buy in shops can be taken 3 at a time.

After the 2nd bout i started going to a Chiropractor, he's not cheap (around ?28.00 a session i think) but having suffered the pain i think its well worth the money. I only go about once every 3 weeks now and since i started seeing him i have not had any more bouts of sciatica so thats the result i wanted. My back still gives me a bit of bother in terms of being a little stiff and i need to do daily stretches etc, but thats a small price to pay to avoid the pain.

I hope you can find some way of dealing with it. Good luck.

I would concur with Isaac. I went to a private chiropractor in Battersea for two years. Initially twice a week then once a month. ?30 a go, but the best money I ever spent.

Physiopherapists will argue they can do the same as a chiropractor, but having experienced physio's for twelve years, the move to a chiropractor was like night and day.

Try an Osteopath.

http://www.active-x.co.uk/

I can highly recommend Gavin at Active X (he is the owner) I have had various bouts of Sciatica over the years and after a few sessions with himn it has cleared up.

Mind you it is around ?45 per session but its WELL worth it.

Archived