Article on 2 Ts from ex international manager Kerr

maroonlad

kennyblack'sshot

I support the flying of Irish flags to support Elliott.

And the thought of at the same time upsetting any bigots in the Hearts support, maybe even to the extent that they never return to Tynecastle is...

:pleasing:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two-tone, sky blue and navy.

dublin.jpg

Give the other flag stuff a rest, eh?

Would be happy with that, we can show our support. :thumbsup:

Just a shame we are no different to any of the other big clubs in Scotland. :down: (and wee if you know what I mean.)

the starry plough is on lbp's banned list. they regularly conviscate them from the travelling celtic support.

Right and proper, too. But we're not C****c supporters. :thumbsup:

6 pages of trolling, loyalist baiting and daftness. Good work :whistling: The Irish Republic's flag was designed as symbol of peace, interesting concept that many on here have forgotten on both sides of this argument. The idea of Hearts fans taking this flag to games to wind up other Hearts fans is laughable and divisive.

aberhill jambo

Lol

He is undoubtably a cut above most spl players. I think he will shine most played through the middle and has 'the ability to be a 20 plus goals a season man in this league. It's a long time since I've felt like that about any hearts striker.

Correct but he has got to get himself fully fit then stay fit and not get these injuries that all our strikers seem to get season after season. Kirk. Wales. De Vries.Fuller. Kyle. Glen. Elliot. to name but a few. When is the last we had someone that played 15-20 in a row.

We are Hearts. Our colours are Maroon and White.

As a result of this - the only colours i'm interested in seeing flown or waved or worn or whatever are..... maroon and white.

Quite how a daft wee laddie waving a czech flag improves the atmosphere is something which I cant comprehend.

I'd rather those who insist on waving flags (something which I personally find pretty cringeworthy tbh) - would choose to wave flags which represent our club or our colours. I have no interest in seeing flags which represent nations being waved about the place.

Union Flags, St Georges Crosses, Czech flags, Flags representing EITHER of the Irelands, Spanish flags, Russian flags, Ghana flags.............. i'd rather folk left all these at home please.

I'm as proud a scot as you'll ever find, but hell, i'm not even interested in seeing the saltire being waved at a Hearts game, unless its when we are abroad. It has absolutely no relevance to a game of football between two clubs from the same nation - unless you're the kinda person who would pop down the shops waving your flag.... I dont see why attending a football match would be any different - do the supporters of Dundee United or Hamilton or St Johnstone really need to see you waving a saltire?!

All political reasons aside - the whole thing makes no sense to me.

If you really must wave something - make it something which represents your place in society as a supporter of this fine club, not something which represents a nation.

6 pages of trolling, loyalist baiting and daftness. Good work :whistling: The Irish Republic's flag was designed as symbol of peace, interesting concept that many on here have forgotten on both sides of this argument. The idea of Hearts fans taking this flag to games to wind up other Hearts fans is laughable and divisive.

And taking it to show our support for a current Hearts player is the same is it?

Are you against such an idea?

I love this. Somebody shows up with that. For the record its called the Union Jack they are called a bigot and told to go to ibrox.

At the risk of being accused of smart-arsery, it's not actually. It's official name is the Union FLAG. It is only referred to as the Union Jack whilst being flown from a commissioned Royal Navy warship or submarine. :thumbsup:

The Treasurer

im loving 2ts brilliant workrate good finisher hes a cracking player 4 us

It's taken fully 6 pages but finally someone has brought the thread back on the original topic, well done thumbsup.gif

May I also add that I agree 100% with the above comments

Oh dear oh deary me!

Stephen Elliot - Apologies if you happen to be reading this - I echo the original point about your prowess for goal and am delighted you are playing for Hearts.

Hearts fans - quite how this was turned into a UVF -v- IRA debate epitomises why Scotland and Scottish football deserves everything that is happening to it.

We have had our chance to throw away the cobwebs of intolerance and bigotry but through sheer fear of preservation and some kind of scottish "copyright" have elected to maintain the status quo.

The fact that I am reading about it on the #1 fans forum of MY club makes me feel sick and embarrased - Never, ever will I ever argue the point with Celtic / Hibs fans at work that we are "wee huns"..the jake-balls in lower Section N and their "ma da's one so a'm wun and he'd be proud o' me even though he couldnae gie a **** aboot me" tea-towel UJ waving is cringe-worthy enough - Hearts - BAN THEM - UNTIL THEN, STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT DURING YOUR ANTI-SECTARIANISM BROADCASTS BECAUSE WE ARE NOT TAKING IT SERIOUSLY!

But it's not Section Lower N's sole-market, is it? At least they are honest about their sentiments as misguided as they are.

Here's a question for you all - If you had to hold an Elliot and Hearts crest flag aloft with the tricolor background and you knew for 100% sure that it meant Hearts would win the League, how many of you would do it?

Answer it in your own heads and you will quickly establish how much of a Hearts fan you are and how much you enjoy following scottish football.

Apologies Stephen if you are reading this

It's 2 T's

The only flag I've ever taken to a game was a Jamaica flag signed by Ricardo Fuller.

:verysmug:

taking us back off topic again, has anyone else noticed that since the first post on this page has 'jamaica' in it, yon irritating ad at the top is showing an advert for cheap phone calls to Jamaica?

Ok, let me see if I get this right.

People want to bring an Irish Tricolour to a Hearts game as it would wind up the 'mini bigots' in our support. Now here's the bit I don't get.

Presumably, these 'diet huns' bring these flags to noise people up, yes? So what makes this plan any better and more righteous than what's already happening?

It would also take away any political impact, would it? So those bringing the Union flag or the Red Hand aren't actually bigots at all, they're trying to show that Northern Ireland/Great Britain and Glasgow Rangers are actually different? It all makes sense now.

Next time I see someone bring a Union Flag to a game, I'll be sure to applaud them for their efforts. I suggest we all do the same :thumbsup:

Ok, let me see if I get this right.

People want to bring an Irish Tricolour to a Hearts game as it would wind up the 'mini bigots' in our support. Now here's the bit I don't get.

Presumably, these 'diet huns' bring these flags to noise people up, yes? So what makes this plan any better and more righteous than what's already happening?

It would also take away any political impact, would it? So those bringing the Union flag or the Red Hand aren't actually bigots at all, they're trying to show that Northern Ireland/Great Britain and Glasgow Rangers are actually different? It all makes sense now.

Next time I see someone bring a Union Flag to a game, I'll be sure to applaud them for their efforts. I suggest we all do the same :thumbsup:

I'm surprised you don't already applaud people for bringing the Union/Red Hand flag.

And taking it to show our support for a current Hearts player is the same is it?

Are you against such an idea?

If people feel the need to fly other nations flags then why the hell not, let them fire away. I for one would never fly another nations flag for any reason.

I'm surprised you don't already applaud people for bringing the Union/Red Hand flag.

Yawn, 2/10 for that effort.

But I'll humour you, why is that?

Mods should close this thread now as it clearly is a flag debate from the last few posters bringing political wiews into it.

WE ONLY WANTED TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT TO STEPHEN. We found his childhood club and have agreed on that.

So why are posters draging it along? Oh I know. :yucky:

Appoligies have not read all this thread only part, why not get a St patrick cross flag, its part of the union flag and put the hearts badge and 2 TT name on it

Appoligies have not read all this thread only part, why not get a St patrick cross flag, its part of the union flag and put the hearts badge and 2 TT name on it

His initials SE are the top level internet domain code for Sweden so you could just get a big Blue and Yellow Plastic "Viking Helmet" with horns sticking out of it while wearing an ABBA style white satin jumpsuit.

Alternatively "TT" signifies Trinidad & Tobago so forming the Gorgie road end "Two Tees Steel Band" might be a fitting tribute

Personally Speaking my favourite "two teas" are Assam and Darjeeling so an Indian flag seems appropriate apart from the fact that the colour scheme "Green, White and Orangey Gold" are liable to annoy some people so instead it would be better for section C lower to turn up early on match day and rehearse a Bollywood style dance number to perform when he scores.

Can anyone else suggest a more contrived internationally themed tribute to the diminutive Dubliner

ScottishSandstorm

His initials SE are the top level internet domain code for Sweden so you could just get a big Blue and Yellow Plastic "Viking Helmet" with horns sticking out of it while wearing an ABBA style white satin jumpsuit.

Alternatively "TT" signifies Trinidad & Tobago so forming the Gorgie road end "Two Tees Steel Band" might be a fitting tribute

Personally Speaking my favourite "two teas" are Assam and Darjeeling so an Indian flag seems appropriate apart from the fact that the colour scheme "Green, White and Orangey Gold" are liable to annoy some people so instead it would be better for section C lower to turn up early on match day and rehearse a Bollywood style dance number to perform when he scores.

Can anyone else suggest a more contrived internationally themed tribute to the diminutive Dubliner

:thumbsup: The Bollywood dance is a must. Why don't we do this already?

Archived