Article on 2 Ts from ex international manager Kerr

maroonlad

Just to let people know, I was kidding when I said we should do it :unsure:

I don't think taking a Tri Colour to Hearts games is a good idea, here's why. We have an element in our support (Not a Small Element) who would be so outraged at this that, IMO trouble would flair up. Maybe not inside the stadium, but certainly outside. The last thing we, Hearts, Need is this to happen, the press would have a F****** Field day.

Leave the Flag waving to the Uglies from the Weeg. I'm sure Stephen Elliott (Stop the 2 T's Shit) would appreciate ANY kind of recognition from the Fans. :thumbsup:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToadKiller Dog

Just so am clear the Union flag has a political meaning but the Tricolour doesn't??

I understand you want to use it to support a player,( could the union flag not be in support of our british players?) the

point im making is to some it is a political symbol. just like you find the union flag a political symbol.

Football players from the home nations tend to be placed as Scots , English, Northern Irish or Welsh rather than British to wave the Union Flag would seem pointless in a football context, The Irish Flag within a Hearts support would clearly point to support for an Irish Player .

Not wanting a Flag Debate ban i will stop here .

fabienleclerq

If you notice everyone on here only wants it to show our support to our player and show how we appreciate him. I hate Celtic as much as the next guy and it makes me sick when you see all these flags flying for the sole intention to show hate.

Is it wrong to bring an Irish flag to Tynie for Elliott? Absolutely not!

Bring it then. some people will be offended some will applaud. Stop trying to be offended by what im not saying! Im almost

in agreement with you but it has a meaning in our society. Zat is my point and i am going to leave this thread b4 the inevitable happens. :ninja:

I don't think taking a Tri Colour to Hearts games is a good idea, here's why. We have an element in our support (Not a Small Element) who would be so outraged at this that, IMO trouble would flair up. Maybe not inside the stadium, but certainly outside. The last thing we, Hearts, Need is this to happen, the press would have a F****** Field day.

Leave the Flag waving to the Uglies from the Weeg. I'm sure Stephen Elliott (Stop the 2 T's Shit) would appreciate ANY kind of recognition from the Fans. :thumbsup:

Scaremongering at it's finest. :rolleyes:

Bring it then. some people will be offended some will applaud. Stop trying to be offended by what im not saying! Im almost

in agreement with you but it has a meaning in our society. Zat is my point and i am going to leave this thread b4 the inevitable happens. :ninja:

:lol: I never said I was bringing one, just making the point people should be allowed to. :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

If you're offended by an Irish flag you're a ****

If you cause trouble because you see an Irish flag you are a massive ****

The end.

I think he has still to get a lot better, dont think he picks his spot when shooting as a natural like Robbo used to do. Seen many an effort go almost straight at the goalie when he has time to pick his spot and an area of goal is totally undefended. Agree his work rate and style of play is excellent just needs to get a clinical finish to become a great player.

Or maybe he just shoots with his eyes shut.

I think the goals he's scored this season at Easter Rd, Rugby park, Tynie and on saturday at New Douglas park show that he is clinical infront of goal.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. It is clear that some Hearts fans are unable to cope with the sight of a fellow Hearts supporter showing the flag representing the birthplace of a popular player. Still not sure why but I doubt those offended would stop to discuss it anyway.

Perhaps the Mods should just close the thread now before the right wing element finish 'work' and log on.

Nothing wrong with taking a flag to a game to show support for the players. On Saturday I took my spanish flag to Hamilton in support of Suso and Palazuelos.

Just so am clear the Union flag has a political meaning but the Tricolour doesn't??

I understand you want to use it to support a player,( could the union flag not be in support of our british players?) the

point im making is to some it is a political symbol. just like you find the union flag a political symbol.

The last bit is the most important point raised in this debate. The Irish tricolor is seen by many as a flag of political meaning and whereas the union flag is tolerated by many in our support the waving of a tricolor would not be.

It's all very well chatting about the rights and wrongs of it on a forum but in a the real world anyone waving it in the home support would be highly likely to get there face smashed. Bottom line.

Great idea. How about:

"Soldiers are we, whose lives are pledged to Elliott;

Some have come from a land beyond the wave.

Sworn to be free, No more our potent striker

Shall miss the target or the pass.

Tonight we man the gap of danger

In Elliott's cause, come woe or weal

'Mid Tynie's roar and whistles peal,

We'll chant a 'Two Ts' song"

I just can't think of a melody....

Can't quite place a tune to it either. Keep trying agadoo by black lace but can't get it to fit.

The Treasurer

I cant understand why anyone would want to bring ANY flag to a football match.

Simple.

Quite often an overseas player, seeing his national flag being waved will run over at the end of the game and give his top to the flag waver.

A wee flag = ?3.50

Authentic Hearts match top = ?40 (or more if sold on e-bay)

I think it's more some cheapskate trying to get a strip on the cheap than any show of support for a particular player if you ask me.laugh.gif

I've already had a warning on another thread in the past for jokingly saying I was going to take an Irish flag to a Hearts game in support of Elliott so I better not say too much on the topic. I assume there must have been many warnings handed out to posters on this topic already for the same thing. :whistling:

It would be funny to see the reaction of Celtic fans to Hearts fans bringing Irish flags to a match in support of Elliott. Also, it would be interesting to see how the neds who bring union flags to Hearts games would react... :lol:

I've already had a warning on another thread in the past for jokingly saying I was going to take an Irish flag to a Hearts game in support of Elliott so I better not say too much on the topic. I assume there must have been many warnings handed out to posters on this topic already for the same thing. :whistling:

It would be funny to see the reaction of Celtic fans to Hearts fans bringing Irish flags to a match in support of Elliott. Also, it would be interesting to see how the neds who bring union flags to Hearts games would react... :lol:

I'm not aware of receiving any warning and I was being serious.... :whistling:

Anyone who has any more of an issue with taking an Irish flag to support an Irish player than taking a Spanish flag to support a Spanish player clearly has some mild Hun issues.

The Union Flag, whether these Hearts/Rangers fans like it or not, has much more political meaning in modern Britain than a tricolour does.

Anyone who has any more of an issue with taking an Irish flag to support an Irish player than taking a Spanish flag to support a Spanish player clearly has some mild Hun issues.

The Union Flag, whether these Hearts/Rangers fans like it or not, has much more political meaning in modern Britain than a tricolour does.

... But both have political meanings and can cause trouble at football matches.

... But both have political meanings and can cause trouble at football matches.

In every day society the UF has a hell of a lot more political meaning than a tricolour.

As the majority of our fans bang on about not being "mini huns" or having/wanting anything to do with the sectarian cancer within our game, why would an Irish flag appearing in the Hearts end have any implications? Surely a proper Hearts fan would see it as a sign of support for one of our players rather than some numpty giving it "Up the 'ra" etc.

In every day society the UF has a hell of a lot more political meaning than a tricolour.

As the majority of our fans bang on about not being "mini huns" or having/wanting anything to do with the sectarian cancer within our game, why would an Irish flag appearing in the Hearts end have any implications? Surely a proper Hearts fan would see it as a sign of support for one of our players rather than some numpty giving it "Up the 'ra" etc.

Cigaro's fav shop :yucky::woot:

186933661_b0bf06e7d3.jpg

Cigaro's fav shop :yucky::woot:

186933661_b0bf06e7d3.jpg

Your post says a lot more about you than me. :thumbsup:

Pretty much sums up what a lot of posters have been saying.

Cheers.

This thread is a solid gold LOLZ to the gallon winner.

I think it could be time for a Gorgie return from the Hearts Republican Team (HRT).

As the majority of our fans bang on about not being "mini huns" or having/wanting anything to do with the sectarian cancer within our game, why would an Irish flag appearing in the Hearts end have any implications? Surely a proper Hearts fan would see it as a sign of support for one of our

players rather than some numpty giving it "Up the 'ra" etc.

I don't disagree. As far as flags at football games go though the union flag and red hand of ulster are largely associated with rangers and the irish flag with Celtic. For that reason i would prefer not to see these flags in the hearts support. Fwiw i would say the same if we had a northern irish player and the red hand was being suggested.

I am sure that every poster on here complaining about the Irish/Elliott connections will have lambasted the same connections on the Andy Kirk thread.

I am off to see the likes of i8Hibsh, the Treasurer and Fabien Leclerq having a go at any links to Ireland.

Johanes de Silentio

And the Czech flag is for..........Rudi.

So the Tricolour can be for.........Stephen Elliott.

I am aware of Celtic and Hibs; history but this is a tribute to a popular player, not a political statement. What's the problem?

Trolling

:thumbsup:

Romanov Stole My Pension

In terms of football, the union flag has absolutely no relevance at all, there is no British national football team and no British league. So I think it would be difficult to argue that the union flag was anything other than political (and no, people don't carry them for our 'British' players). The tricolour can at least be representative of Irish players, although there's obviously the connotations with Hibs/Celtic.

Personally, I would never ever take a tricolour to a game, but I couldn't care less if someone else did.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I was gobsmacked when I saw there was a 4 page thread actually praising one of our players.

Then I got to the middle of page 1 and it all clicked :laugh:

Johanes de Silentio

Personally, I would never ever take a tricolour to a game, but I couldn't care less if someone else did.

I don't have a problem with the tricolour personally.

However, when I see one at football matches, I assume that the carrier intends to be provocative.

I'd be more than happy for an English flag to be flown to show support for Andy, except he's declared himself for Scotland. So not sure how that works, do we bring a half Scotland, Half England one instead?

Either way I think it's a great idea.

I love this. Somebody shows up with that. For the record its called the Union Jack they are called a bigot and told to go to ibrox.

Patrick Bateman

This thread is a solid gold LOLZ to the gallon winner.

I think it could be time for a Gorgie return from the Hearts Republican Team (HRT).

The Hearts Republican Association would approve of this. As regional commander, I shall submit this suggestion at our next cabinet meeting. :thumbsup:

Because its associated, by the part of thousands of them through at parkhead to Glasgow Celtic.

The same people on this thread giving it the whole "why not its supporting the player bla bla bla" you all have your own agenda. Elliott is a top player. Is on superb form. Lets say Driver comes onto a game, somebody bring a UJ to the game due to him being english and declared for scotland. The abuse on this site for "that element of our support", "i was so close to saying something", "just go to ibrox". Its pathetic.

Say what you like here is my opinion.

UJ - no place

Maroon UJ - Fair enough.

Tri coloured - No place at tynecaste

Ulster flag - No chance, i detest it being at Tynecastle.

St George cross - No.

Any form of the Scotland flag is accepted as we are Scottish.

Problem Officer?

Sorry but there would be pandamonium if there was ever a tri-colour in the Hearts end, just because it's for a player would make no difference.

Quality player though imo and surely some other form of recognition could be made...

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Anyone else extremely disappointed in The Laptop Loyal?

You guys always bang on about how you're all intelligent and love winding people up on here, yet here you all are embarrassing yourselves, getting twisted in knots trying to defend your warped views and generally getting wound up. I expected better from you all.

You're all just a bit simple, sadly :(

Problem Officer?

Because its associated, by the part of thousands of them through at parkhead to Glasgow Celtic.

The same people on this thread giving it the whole "why not its supporting the player bla bla bla" you all have your own agenda. Elliott is a top player. Is on superb form. Lets say Driver comes onto a game, somebody bring a UJ to the game due to him being english and declared for scotland. The abuse on this site for "that element of our support", "i was so close to saying something", "just go to ibrox". Its pathetic.

UJ - no place

Maroon UJ - Fair enough.

St George cross - No.

I see myself as Scottish before British but whether you like it or not, you ARE also British.

So why should a normal UJ not be allowed?

UJ - no place

Maroon UJ - Fair enough.

St George cross - No.

Czech flag?

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Sorry but there would be pandamonium if there was ever a tri-colour in the Hearts end,

Says it all about how shit our support is, eh Officer? :(

Johanes de Silentio

Got the tri-colour ordered for Saturday. :thumbsup:

Heard it might be a bit chilly so I'm planning on wrapping up warm.

422314_050728gal_ira7.jpg

Tell you what - make it a tea-towel and I'm on board! :thumbsup:

I see myself as Scottish before British but whether you like it or not, you ARE also British.

Because im personally under the opinion that it has no place at Hearts. Like it or not, Its associated to Rangers, in the eyes of many. Its not correct but its just they way it is.

Scottish football, like it or not is backwards in its views on needless religion so why participate in any moronic stereotypes?

I don't care about the rights and wrongs that was ******* funny.

Johanes de Silentio

Because of the association with Glasgow Rangers - it would encourage talk of us being 'huns without the bus fare', etc.

The Hearts Republican Association would approve of this. As regional commander, I shall submit this suggestion at our next cabinet meeting. :thumbsup:

SPLITTERS.

angry.gif

Its an entirely different concept as i described above.

Without reading your other post. If you don't get caught up in all the patter and football is somthing you go to enjoy it makes no difference. Only Hearts fans with an agenda would say otherwise.

Every Britsh flag brought to Tynecastle is not to represent our British player. Don't even start with that of you are digging yourself a hole IMO.

Every Britsh flag brought to Tynecastle is not to represent our British player. Don't even start with that of you are digging yourself a hole IMO.

Its got booger all to do with that. Both flags symbolise a pathetic religious argument dating back century's and is bread into individuals from birth.

Problem Officer?

elliotthra.png

InBeforeTheLock.gif

angry-panda.jpg

Hahahahahaha. :D :D :D :D :D

Its got booger all to do with that. Both flags symbolise a pathetic religious argument dating back century's and is bread into individuals from birth.

This is the was I see it and don't care much for it. Bring a Bitish/English flag along with Andy or whatever on it. Bring a Tricolour with Elliott on it I couldn't really care. Bring either for any other reasons it's quite sad.(Not only Hearts fans) Only the sad people are dragging it on.

Archived