Just out of interest..

Guest Alex Guttenplan

Don't mind the rugby. Amazingly, though, whilst prefering football, I have the capability to enjoy more than one sport.

I've even watched tennis, golf, rugby league, even the running 'n swimming 'n that at the Olympics. Sometimes even seen cars, motor bikes or horses or greyhounds going round a track.

I feel terrible now though, as I have probably been outed as someone who is "NOT A TRUE FAN", for watching an egg-chasing spectacle played by harry hoofters, fat blokes with limited fine motor skills and posh rich kids.

Having said that, I definitely didn't go to Murrayfield, and cared 100% more about the Hearts than the rugby match.

Snooker, though, is a different matter. Snooker is pish. Played by folk with nae personality and nae life. Always has been and always will be. Anyone who takes their own cue to the snooker club is clearly autistic.

i was at the rugby instead of footaball. i feel supporting the national team is more important than a meaningless

game against a piss poor hamilton team

What is more meaningless than an annual 6 team friendly competition.. the whole thing is just geared up to bring in money for the British and now Italian Rugby associations.. Its not footballs fault that Rugby is so disliked throughout the world that there is no need for qualifiers to the World Cup.. basically if you can pull together a team and afford to get to the host country you are in..

What is more meaningless than an annual 6 team friendly competition.. the whole thing is just geared up to bring in money for the British and now Italian Rugby associations.. Its not footballs fault that Rugby is so disliked throughout the world that there is no need for qualifiers to the World Cup.. basically if you can pull together a team and afford to get to the host country you are in..

You may be getting muddled up with Rugby League there.

The Rugby Union world cup has a long and complicated qualification process with 100 entrants. The quarter finalists qualify automatically for the the next tournament which means that Scotland didn't suffer that indignity.

southside1874

..how many people went to Murrayfield yesterday that more than likely would have went to Hamilton if the rugby hadn't been on? I bet there'll be a few.

Just curious.

Send Boomstick a pm mate. He has all the figures :whistling:

The People's Chimp

I didn't go to either as I was in Perth for the St Johnstone Aberdeen game, which was, sadly, cancelled.

maroonplatoon87

I feckin hate Rugby

For people up their own erse, how many times have you heard rugby fans say how civil they all are, blah blah blah

Even worse that our games get moved to suit them

The Treasurer

Everything in this country's geared towards football and we are still **** at it...

All sports should be encouraged..especially in Scotland, as a nation our health is pathetically poor.

We've produced one or two snooker world champions not to mention the occasional top class darts player tongue.gif

Who says Scots don't participate in sport

We've produced one or two snooker world champions not to mention the occasional top class darts player tongue.gif

Who says Scots don't participate in sport

Athletes! Every one.

You may be getting muddled up with Rugby League there.

The Rugby Union world cup has a long and complicated qualification process with 100 entrants. The quarter finalists qualify automatically for the the next tournament which means that Scotland didn't suffer that indignity.

You have to qualify in Rugby League as well. :thumbsup:

Some of us would have loved to have been at new Douglas Park on Saturday. Especially, when it costs nowt to get through on the train. But, alas one had to start work at Haymarket station at 5.30pm and clean up the mess and deal with the drunkards that are those alleged well behaved rugby supporters.

John

Archived