Just out of interest..

Guest Alex Guttenplan

Guest John Meurig Thomas

..how many people went to Murrayfield yesterday that more than likely would have went to Hamilton if the rugby hadn't been on? I bet there'll be a few.

Just curious.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

if i had to guess i would say roughly eleven.

Strange, I was thinking more around the 20'000 mark.

Oh how opinions differ.

..how many people went to Murrayfield yesterday that more than likely would have went to Hamilton if the rugby hadn't been on? I bet there'll be a few.

Just curious.

I was invited to the game by one of my business associates. Thank goodness for the food and drink because at ?70 for the ticket that was one big rip off.

Didnt go to either, its a hard life being a student and being skint, especially when Hamilton are charging ?20 a ticket!!

Was a tenner for a concession mate, including students.

Didnt go to either, its a hard life being a student and being skint, especially when Hamilton are charging ?20 a ticket!!

Was a tenner for a concession mate, including students.

portobellojambo1

Having the cash to go to either the rugby or Hamilton & choosing to watch rugby - :rolleyes:

It's the reasons I like to hear. If my work said to me would you like to go along to Murrayfield, taxi to and from ground, take 4 pals, free grub and free booze all day, premium seats, I'd tell them to ram it up their fecking ass, still rather be at New Douglas Park. If a close friend/associate invited me to Murrayfield I'd tell him/her to feck off as well, why a football fan would rather attend a rugby match, or feels compelled to attend, when there is football to go to feckin bamboozles me.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I respectfully request you keep the anti-rugby chat for another thread. I don't care about reasons either.

I just want to know if there were many (if any) that went to the rugby that genuinely would have been at Hamilton otherwise.

It's the reasons I like to hear. If my work said to me would you like to go along to Murrayfield, taxi to and from ground, take 4 pals, free grub and free booze all day, premium seats, I'd tell them to ram it up their fecking ass, still rather be at New Douglas Park. If a close friend/associate invited me to Murrayfield I'd tell him/her to feck off as well, why a football fan would rather attend a rugby match, or feels compelled to attend, when there is football to go to feckin bamboozles me.

This, 100%.

If Scotland were playing Rugby in my back garden i would shut the curtains.

The balls the wrong shape Fact!!!

Governor Tarkin

It is possible to have more than one sporting interest in life so hardly bamboozling, although nine times out of ten I would choose the soccer :P

The exception would be that free grub and booze gig you're on about.

I never get the Edinburgh is a Rugby City and not football chat either.If that's so how come hardly any ***** watches Edinburgh playing at Rugby ?

A few years ago, we played Raith Rovers at home on the same day as Scotland played at Murrayfield; the matches were then allowed to kick off at roughly the same time. A Rovers supporting friend of mine was sitting next to another Rovers fan who'd been invited by his son to the corporate hospitality at Murrayfield. He ate his pre-match meal and drank his free booze at Murrayfield before leaving to watch Rovers play at Tynecastle. After the game, he was planning on returning to Murrayfield for the post match hospitality.

Governor Tarkin

A few years ago, we played Raith Rovers at home on the same day as Scotland played at Murrayfield; the matches were then allowed to kick off at roughly the same time. A Rovers supporting friend of mine was sitting next to another Rovers fan who'd been invited by his son to the corporate hospitality at Murrayfield. He ate his pre-match meal and drank his free booze at Murrayfield before leaving to watch Rovers play at Tynecastle. After the game, he was planning on returning to Murrayfield for the post match hospitality.

That's the spirit.

Nah students wernt included sadly!

Someone should have told the guy in the turnstile then, I asked for a student ticket and I got in for ?10.

Someone should have told the guy in the turnstile then, I asked for a student ticket and I got in for ?10.

Wish I'd gone now!! I seen on the Hearts facebook page it state there were no Student prices so I decided against going! Ach well, win some you lose some!

Their website should have said so then instead of just specifying U18s and O65s. They lost out on a tenner from me.

portobellojambo1

Nah students wernt included sadly!

As I said on another thread last night it appeared that anyone, irrespective of age or whether or not a student, who asked if they could get in for a tenner was allowed to do so. The only down side were the concession tickets were green and white. I ain't no student nor an OAP and all I paid to get in yesterday was ?10.

I respectfully request you keep the anti-rugby chat for another thread. I don't care about reasons either.

I just want to know if there were many (if any) that went to the rugby that genuinely would have been at Hamilton otherwise.

I suggest u say sorry to the number of members whos time has been wasted due to reading this terrible terrible thread

I suggest u say sorry to the number of members whos time has been wasted due to reading this terrible terrible thread

What?

EDIT: FWIW I wasn't at either. Nothing wrong with liking rugby and football though. If I had the means to attend one or the other I would have been in Hamilton, although if I was offered a ticket at Murrayfield I'd probs have been there.

Rudolf's Mate

I love watching international rugby however I wouldn't give up seeing hearts for it. Club rugby is a pile of shoot and boring as feck! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Same thing's been said above.... must read whole thread in future

i was at the rugby instead of footaball. i feel supporting the national team is more important than a meaningless

game against a piss poor hamilton team

Guest Dr. Pepper

i was at the rugby instead of footaball. i feel supporting the national team is more important than a meaningless

75378-TrollFace.png

Also rugby is pure shite and for Edinburgh bufties

Any game of football is of greater importance than any game of rugby.

e.g. Five aside with mates is a superior event to the egg chase WC final.

Egg chasing is a total diddy sport.

:rofl:

Didnt go to either as:

A - Im a traitor.

B - Not a true fan of Hearts.

However there is nothing wrong with rugby - gives fat boys like me a chance to be good at something sporty. :thumbsup:

Doctor FinnBarr

Really? Whats meaningless about trying to cement 3rd place and hoping to do even better?

I'll stick to watching footaball thanks!

:down:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Wish I'd gone now!! I seen on the Hearts facebook page it state there were no Student prices so I decided against going! Ach well, win some you lose some!

Calderwood was saying the same thing to the 'tache this week.

Personally I would go to watch Hearts over Scotland regardless of sport. In this particular case it would be a tough choice. I think rugby is a fantastic game, second only to golf. I prefer to watch football and would watch Hearts play at any level and any game if the opportunity arose. The negative comments about rugby on here are unecessary and the thrill of watching Scotland winning a Six Nations game is pretty special at a full Murrayfield. (Especially when they are so rare)Club Rugby does not get the support or backing that it deserves. Edinburgh should be able to support it's 3 professional sports teams better than it does.

In regards to golf, how many Hearts fans are big golfers? Where do the Hearts fans play? Are there any Jambo Golf Clubs? I grew up playing at Kilmarnock (Barassie) and a large majority of the fans were naturally Kilie fans.

Edinburgh should be able to support it's 3 professional sports teams better than it does.

There are more than 3 professional sports teams in Edinburgh. Though if you saw the state of one of them currently, you might not be able to attach the 'professional' tag to them. Its a common complaint of many that Edinburgh does not support any of its sporting teams enough, football or otherwise.

Personally I would go to watch Hearts over Scotland regardless of sport. In this particular case it would be a tough choice. I think rugby is a fantastic game, second only to golf. I prefer to watch football and would watch Hearts play at any level and any game if the opportunity arose. The negative comments about rugby on here are unecessary and the thrill of watching Scotland winning a Six Nations game is pretty special at a full Murrayfield. (Especially when they are so rare)Club Rugby does not get the support or backing that it deserves. Edinburgh should be able to support it's 3 professional sports teams better than it does.

In regards to golf, how many Hearts fans are big golfers? Where do the Hearts fans play? Are there any Jambo Golf Clubs? I grew up playing at Kilmarnock (Barassie) and a large majority of the fans were naturally Kilie fans.

Very sensible post. its not a crime to to have an open mind to other sports............. (I was at Hamilton incidentally, and got home in time to watch the rugby!)

Long ago when work didn't interfere with my weekends, the Six Nations would take preference (drawing Hibs in the cup during the Six Nations block would be the only football fixture worth considering). Some blinding days out and the occasion bonus of Scotland winning. Autumn tests.... depends on who we're playing. A Pacific Island team, Japan or Canada then I'd choose the football. One of the big three however, then I'd go to Murrayfield just in case Scotland made a rare bit of history.

And if there are some out there who don't like it then tough!

That has to be the single most stupid thing that a Hearts fan could even possibly think to post on this website.

Just my opinion likes.....

I was at the rugby, didn't need to pay for my tickets as i won them courtesy of the Scotsman predictor...

I use to play Rugby, absolutley brilliant game to play...

As for all the stupid comments about the game of rugby. I choose to look at the bigger picture.. If you don't make it as a footballer! that's it? Give up and become a drunking fat slob...

Everything in this country's geared towards football and we are still **** at it...

All sports should be encouraged..especially in Scotland, as a nation our health is pathetically poor.

Just curious.

egg ball :lol: not me i was at the Jambos Game :thumbsup:

Archived