what ARE the facts?

Jambomuzz

Having a small argument/ dissagrement with some mates. What are the official figures for T.V money distribution throughout scottish football compared to the EPL. I know the percentage of money for league positions. Is there anything else im missing?

Having a small argument/ dissagrement with some mates. What are the official figures for T.V money distribution throughout scottish football compared to the EPL. I know the percentage of money for league positions. Is there anything else im missing?

The difference between the money for TV in the SPL and the money for the EPL.

How do I put this.

Think of the difference between finding some coins down the side of the couch and getting 6 numbers up on the lottery.

The difference between the money for TV in the SPL and the money for the EPL.

How do I put this.

Think of the difference between finding some coins down the side of the couch and getting 6 numbers up on the lottery.

I dont mean figures as such, but how its distributed between the teams. I think in the EPL each team recieves an equal share? But what about the SPL, how is it split between the teams?

Commander Harris

I dont mean figures as such, but how its distributed between the teams. I think in the EPL each team recieves an equal share? But what about the SPL, how is it split between the teams?

not sure about England but pretty sure here it's 80% old firm.

Footballfirst

The SPL teams share a pot of ?16M per annum. The EPL teams shared a pot of ?831M last season plus another ?74M that went in ongoing parachute payments. The top EPL team, Man Utd, received ?53M and thebottom, Portsmouth, received ?31.8M.

In the SPL, the bottom team gets 26% of what the top team gets. In the EPL the bottom team gets 60% of what the top team gets.

Cup revenues are in addition to those figures.

EPL Distribution 2009/10

The SPL teams share a pot of ?16M per annum. The EPL teams shared a pot of ?831M last season plus another ?74M that went in ongoing parachute payments. The top EPL team, Man Utd, received ?53M and thebottom, Portsmouth, received ?31.8M.

Cup revenues are in addition to those figures.

But does each team in the SPL recieve and EQUAL share of that ?16M. Or does the Old firm recieve a bigger share than everyone else?

Im not sure what "facilty payments" is reffering to? Is that the amount they recieve for being on the T.v more that everyone else?

But does each team in the SPL recieve and EQUAL share of that ?16M. Or does the Old firm recieve a bigger share than everyone else?

Im not sure what "facilty payments" is reffering to? Is that the amount they recieve for being on the T.v more that everyone else?

Don't mean to be sarcastic, but what do you think...

Don't mean to be sarcastic, but what do you think...

If i was to hazard a guess im guessing its payments by the t.v companys to use the stadium facilities when the clubs match is on t.v?

If this was the case then becuase none of the matches the Old firm are in on t.v are never at home and only away, the teams recieving this money in the SPL would be that of the home team?

Please correct me if im wrong though.

Everyone gets 4%. The rest is then split dependant on final league position. The top 2 getting a large chunk then a large dip in percentages for third place and below.

Footballfirst

If i was to hazard a guess im guessing its payments by the t.v companys to use the stadium facilities when the clubs match is on t.v?

If this was the case then becuase none of the matches the Old firm are in on t.v are never at home and only away, the teams recieving this money in the SPL would be that of the home team?

Please correct me if im wrong though.

It doesn't work that way in the SPL. Each of the 12 teams gets 4% of the pot as a basic figure (48%). The remaing 52% is distributed based on league position. 1st gets 13%, 2nd 11%, then it drops to 5.5% for 3rd, 4.5% for 4th then at 0.5% intervals down to 12th who gets 0.5%.

Napoleon  Wilson

A poster on a similar thread a few weeks back had some stats about the SPL and its money share. Yes its 16m a season roughly but it goes something like 1st place 17% 2nd place 13% 3rd place 9% and so on

It doesn't work that way in the SPL. Each of the 12 teams gets 4% of the pot as a basic figure (48%). The remaing 52% is distributed based on league position. 1st gets 17%, 2nd 15%, then it drops to 9.5% for 3rd, 8.5% for 4th then at 0.5% intervals down to 12th who gets 0.5%.

I was under the impression those figures were just for the league winning pot and the T.V was a seperate pot of money?

Napoleon  Wilson

It doesn't work that way in the SPL. Each of the 12 teams gets 4% of the pot as a basic figure (48%). The remaing 52% is distributed based on league position. 1st gets 13%, 2nd 11%, then it drops to 5.5% for 3rd, 4.5% for 4th then at 0.5% intervals down to 12th who gets 0.5%.

Sake, my apologies! You were the poster i had mentioned previously with the stat info lol :thumbsup:

I thought I read the old firm get 33% between them and the other teams get a share of the rest.

The top two get that share.

Which is usually the Old Firm, but it is not allocated on the basis the Old Firm get 33% regardless.

Archived