What is our squad worth?

Frankenstein Jambo.

Johanes de Silentio

Thought he had another year on his contract.

Robinson is only 18! He has a huge future in the game if you'd bother takinG any notice of the under 19's you'd realise that. Would Hearts settle for any less?

Can I remind you that, when we sold a very promising youngster to Man Utd a few years ago, the fee was quoted as being around ?50,000.

I used to make these kinds of lists when I was in my early teens, before I discovered girls - my valuations were wildly over-optimistic too.

And we had some shite in our team in them days, let me tell you. :lol:

JamboAberdeen

Can't see anyone parting money for our players apart from Zaliukas, Kello, Templeton, Wallace and Driver.

And I'd say those senior players will be in 1-2m blanket, while Temp will be 500k under the current climate.

Never buy 'potential' idea.

I thought Gary Wales had a potential to be signed for Barca one day before Numan cracked his leg, so you know what.

Big O might have potential to become world cup winner then.

Not even on on football manager someone would come in for that kind of money! I did sell McGowan for 8 million

scott herbertson

I'd go with,

Kello - 1m

Zal - 750k

Wallace - 2m

Driver - 2m

Kyle - 500k

Temps - 1.75m

C. Thomson - 200k

Eggert - 300k

The rest have a value of less than 100k or are unproven young players who have no real sell on value yet.

Some of the OPs valuations are just absurd.

I would go with that other than

slightly more for Eggy (he is an established international and a very useful all roudner - probably on some clubs' radar even though he is having a poor spell - I'd say ?500K

Nothing for C Thomson at present - no one would bid - he wil be on decent wages and clubs who could afford these can get other similar players on similar wages out of contract. I think he has some potential and if he realises it (ie pops in a few free kicks) then potentially worth more

Kyle possibly more if he keeps his good form until end season - big centre forwards who know what they are doing can realise a lot of money - I'd say up to 1.5million if he and we finish the season well.

Temps if he regains his form anything up to ?4million - he is on the radar now as a goal scoring , good crossing wide player

Of our other players I would say if suso comes back to his start of season form ?300K would not be unreasonable - his style would suit for example the Turkish league or Cyprus and they pay good

Was out having a couple of beers the day and got into an arguement with a deluded Hobo who seems to think we only have two players of genuine sell on value. Those were wallace and temps. When I asked him if he forgot about Driver, his response and I quote "he's a crock and nae team will touch him with his record."

Anyways, got me to thinking. Overall, what is our squads market value? Of course, every player is only worth what another team will pay but in your opinion what do you think?

Kello - 2-3 million. He is not worth that. Hearts would look for ?1 Million plus IMO.

Jamie Mac - 50k Free transfer.

Balogh - 100k Free transfer.

eggy - 500k Given we have turned down more in the past, I think we will get more for Jonsson (contract permitting)

darren Barr - 50k Not a chance we would sell him for that, nor is that an accurate value for a Scotland International.

Wallace - 3.5 million Closest to the mark so far.

Zal - 2 million He was available on a free transfer not so long ago, nobody signed him. Who is gonna stump ?2 Mil for him?

Bouzid - 100k His contract is up, ?0.

Webster - 1 million Just been released by his club, ?0.

C Thomson - 2.5 million :laugh:

Rudi - 100k Out of contract in the summer.

J. Thomson - 250k :laugh:

Suso - 500k Not sure on contract situation, but that could be plausible.

Ruben - 250K Isn't he out of contract in the summer as well?

Ian Black - 250k Too early to tell, but bizarrely this could be too conservative.

Stevenson - 100k Out of contract in the summer.

obua - 50k Out of contract in the summer (I think)

Driver - 3 million (should he keep fit) As you allude, you cannot value Driver at the moment. We turned down in excess of ?3 Mill in the past but he isn't worth anything today. Time will tell.

mwrowic - 1 million :laugh:

Temps - 4 million Today? :laugh:Longer term, who knows. He could be worth a lot more than that.

Kyle - 500k Yeah, I'd go with that.

Gary Glen - 250k Too much for a lad that hasn't done anything in the first team for a long time.

Scott Robinson - 1.5 million :laugh:

Steven Elliot - 500k Hmmm, maybe if his form maintains. However, we got him for free not so long ago.

Forgotten anyone?

This is taking into account players age, lenght of contract and of course ability. Rudi, while being one of our best players has little time left on his contract and is ageing. All imo of course.

Football manager ratings IMO.

our players are as expensive as whatever someone is willing to pay for them

to put a price on any of our players is just nonsense & pointless.

Correctamundo

I think the OP is spot in with his valuation of ?1.5m for Scott Robinson.

Jamie Goal wasn't valued so I shall put a price on him. I reckon ?5m.

tartofmidlothian

Some horrific over-pricing in the OP, but to enter into the spirit:

Templeton, Wallace and Driver are all worth ?3m+

Zaliukas is worth ?1m+

Kello, Jonsson, Webster, Rudi, Elliott and maybe Kyle are all worth ?250k-?500k.

Elliot, Suso, Bouzid, Black and very possibly Obua are worth ?100k-?250k.

All the rest are dependant on who wanted them, what the terms were and the player(s) being uninjured and having a couple of years or so on their contract. How long's a piece of string for most of them, in other words.

wtf some1 said temps is only worth 500 k u cant b serious yes he hasnt b playing well but defo around 3-4 mill on form

Drylaw Hearts

wtf some1 said temps is only worth 500 k u cant b serious yes he hasnt b playing well but defo around 3-4 mill on form

He has the potential to be worth that but he's not worth that at the moment imo.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

It would seem that all our players are worth whatever Mr Romanov decides he wants to sell them for.

If he doesn't want to sell then this thread is a crock of shit..

i think frankensteins original post and some of the others fail to take into account the way the transfer market is these days.

the hard facts are very few of our players will ever leave for a transfer fee. they will either leave at the end of there contracts for nothing or be released through mutual consent.

michael stewart, larry kingston, jose goncalves were all players who COULD, under the right circumstances, have left for decent fees but instead left for nothing. this is fairly typical of how things are at the moment.

all things considered this thread is fairly pointless even if the valuations were nearer the mark.

Omg sometimes folk post absolute BELTERS on here. I hope you feel suitably ashamed

why should he feel ashamed for having a point of view. people who contribute only by throwing insults around should be more ashamed imo.

He has the potential to be worth that but he's not worth that at the moment imo.

yep i agree thts wht i meant basically

pettigrewsstylist

Drylaw coming onto a thread and not contributing. Nothing new.

I am asking you what your opinion is and i'd respect that. Why come on, have a dig and not even contribute yourself?

No wonder people say you are a complete and utter knob. People who don't even post.

Pse take the night off mate ,,,your onto a loser here

winston churchill

Was out having a couple of beers the day and got into an arguement with a deluded Hobo who seems to think we only have two players of genuine sell on value. Those were wallace and temps. When I asked him if he forgot about Driver, his response and I quote "he's a crock and nae team will touch him with his record."

Anyways, got me to thinking. Overall, what is our squads market value? Of course, every player is only worth what another team will pay but in your opinion what do you think?

Kello - 2-3 million.?500.000 tops

Jamie Mac - 50k?0

Balogh - 100k ?0

eggy - 500k ?200,000

darren Barr - ?0

Wallace - 3.5 million :thumbsup:

Zal - 2 million ?500,000

Bouzid - 100k :lol:

Webster - just in the door so we need to see what he can do

C Thomson - 2.5 million :lol:

Rudi - 100k.maybe

J. Thomson - 250k :lol:

Suso - 500k :lol:

Ruben - 250K.contact is nearly up

Ian Black - 250k maybe

Stevenson - 100kmaybe

obua - 50k :lol:

Driver - 3 million (should he keep fit):rolleyes:18 month left on his contract and will/can he stay fit

mwrowic - 1 million :lol:

Temps - 4 million.:lol:

Kyle - 500k.you could double that if he could stay fit.

Gary Glen - 250k :lol:

Scott Robinson - 1.5 million :lol:

Steven Elliot - 500k.?100,000

Forgotten anyone?

This is taking into account players age, lenght of contract and of course ability. Rudi, while being one of our best players has little time left on his contract and is ageing. All imo of course.

Charlie-Brown

How many players have left Hearts in the last 4-5 seasons? By my reckoning the only 5 that have recouped a transfer fee have been Craig Gordon, Paul Hartley, Rudi Skacel, Roman Bednar and Christophe Berra - all the others left on freedeom of contract or were released. 90% of SPL players have little or no transfer value as they are only valuable to other teams when they are available on freedom of contract. It's really only International players, goalscoring strikers and highly promising young players that tend to get bought from SPL clubs - the rest all go for free or nominal transfer fees.

Bouzid - 100k

C Thomson - 2.5 million

J. Thomson - 250k

mwrowic - 1 million

Temps - 4 million

Scott Robinson - 1.5 million

NotSureIfSerious1.jpg

Charlie-Brown

The players that I'd say have some transfer worth depending on the length of their contract are;

Kello, C.Thomson, Wallace, Zaliukas, Jonsson, Templeton, Driver & Novikovas ..... the others like Webster, Palazeulos, Kyle, Elliott, Black etc you can usually get equivalent quality players in terms of age & experience in the Bosman market.

Some of the younger players like C.Thomson, Novikovas, Robinson, J.Walker, Holt etc don't have any meaningful transfer value as yet but Templeton is a perfect example of how quickly a promising young player's potential value can shoot up in price.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Kello - ?850k.

Jamie Mac - 100k

Balogh - 50k

eggy - 500k

darren Barr - 50k

Wallace - 3 million

Zal - 1.2 million

Bouzid - 400k

Webster - 0.5 million

C Thomson - 0.5 million

Rudi - 500k

J. Thomson - 50k

Suso - 200k

Ruben - 200K

Ian Black - 200k

Stevenson - 20k

obua - 10k

Driver - 1.5 million

mwrowic - 0.2 million

Temps - 2.5 million

Kyle - 200k

Gary Glen - 50k

Scott Robinson - 0.05 million

Steven Elliot - 200k

Forgotten anyone?

my thoughts

Drylaw coming onto a thread and not contributing. Nothing new.

I am asking you what your opinion is and i'd respect that. Why come on, have a dig and not even contribute yourself?

No wonder people say you are a complete and utter knob. People who don't even post.

Amazing that this guy gets away with posts like this yet i am reprimanded for saying things like 'STFU'.

I will probably be reprimanded for even pointing this out, and no i haven't used the report function as it very rarely is successful and you get no update as to whether someone was even warned as there's a pretendy 'JKB data protection act' in place.

PS. ?250K for Jason Thomson?! Are you having a laugh? The guy will count himself very fortunate if he's even playing for Bonnyrigg Rose in two years time. Horrific footballer.

Kello - 2-3 million.

Jamie Mac - 50k

Balogh - 100k

eggy - 500k

darren Barr - 50k

Wallace - 3.5 million

Zal - 2 million

Bouzid - 100k

Webster - 1 million

C Thomson - 2.5 million

Rudi - 100k

J. Thomson - 250k

Suso - 500k

Ruben - 250K

Ian Black - 250k

Stevenson - 100k

obua - 50k

Driver - 3 million (should he keep fit)

mwrowic - 1 million

Temps - 4 million

Kyle - 500k

Gary Glen - 250k

Scott Robinson - 1.5 million

Steven Elliot - 500k

Forgotten anyone?

JamboAberdeen

Everyone must understand that, paying transfer fee in Scotland becoming very rare in post-Bosman era.

Most of time when fee are involved are either established internationalsts or promising youngsters who could attract attention from OF/EPL/foreign clubs.

Nowadays nobody pay fees for non-old firm regular players unless they fall into these two categories, as there are many similar quality available under Bosman.

Everyone must understand that, paying transfer fee in Scotland becoming very rare in post-Bosman era.

I do, thanks. :thumbsup:

kello, although he is having a good season, noone would pay 2-3 million for him. 1.5 at best, temps about 2.5, craig thompson 2.5? having a laugh. all good players but nowhere near those values

Malcolm Tucker

Frankenstein Jambo has totally lost his shit again, hmm?

Well, if nothing else this bodes well for some more old-fashioned bullying, eh.

:pleasing:

Maybe i have undervalued Barr but I think jj does not rate him in the slightest.

CT, Hearts will not part ways with this lad for less that 2.5 mill IMO.

Got to agree with everyone else on this thread....

mwrowic - 1 million ?

Temps - 4 million ?

Come on Eh?

When has Vlad ever held out for that sort of money?

Next You'll be telling me we sold Gordon for ?9 million... :teehee:

Oh wait!

Temps ?1.5-2 million

Driver ?1-1.5 million

Wallace ?2 million

Zaliukas ?1-1.5million

Kello 800k - ?1million

Kyle 500-800k

C Thomson 300-500k

No one would command a fee if a club was interested. They'd either look for another player or wait until his contract run out.

Temps ?1.5-2 million

Driver ?1-1.5 million

Wallace ?2 million

Zaliukas ?1-1.5million

Kello 800k - ?1million

Kyle 500-800k

C Thomson 300-500k

No one would command a fee if a club was interested. They'd either look for another player or wait until his contract run out.

i agree with eveything apart from kello, if Mcgregor is about 5 million at the moment i think we could get about 2 million for kello,hope he stays with us for another few seasons as he would be hard to replace !!!

• 8 months later...

had to bring this thread back

First time I have seen this and its just a major facepalm. Too many people been playing championship manager me thinks.

Realistic we only have 3 or 4 players currently worth any money that actual clubs would pay for. The only teams with any sort of money are the old firm, EPL and championship clubs, on record they only really pay pennys for players that become or on the brink of the scottish national team. (how many forigners have been sold by scottish clubs to anyone, they are few and far apart)

The only way to make money on players in scotland is to bring through youth / sign scottish players such as weir/mccann/hartley etc, and hope they get near the national team to gain recognition to then be sold on.

Apart from that we have players worth value, and in contracts but not to the same value another club would pay for them, thats why almost every hearts player leaves us when the contract expires, and not through player sales

• 10 months later...
Sterling Archer

Whatever happened to the OP?

He got offered a bigger salary to play the village idiot over at P&B.

Archived