Craig Gordon MOTD (merged)

Walter Bishop

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone knows he is the best shot stopper around. I don't think he has progressed as much as I thought he would since he moved. He's always been shaky with corners and high balls but I really thought he'd bulk up a bit and sort this out....but he hasn't. It can't be an attitude problem, does he need a better GK coach or maybe a move? I don't think he's ever properly settled at Sunderland.

RoussetsShorts

Who is the bell end commentating on Sunderland match? Not holding back blaming big Craig for everything.

are you surprised, he was at fault for all 3 goals, an absolute holocaust the day. Still a top keeper on his day tho.

jamboinglasgow

Stoke are trying to take Gordon out half the time, have they taken lessons from Sam Alladyce and El-Hadji Diouf.

Slaughtered by the pundits and Steve Bruce. Certainly needs to be more aggressive in his own area.

Everyone knows he is the best shot stopper around. I don't think he has progressed as much as I thought he would since he moved. He's always been shaky with corners and high balls but I really thought he'd bulk up a bit and sort this out....but he hasn't. It can't be an attitude problem, does he need a better GK coach or maybe a move? I don't think he's ever properly settled at Sunderland.

eh !

Just ..... eh !

Are you a Rangers supporter ?

Fozzyonthefence

Slaughtered by the pundits and Steve Bruce. Certainly needs to be more aggressive in his own area.

Always been his weakness. I take it he's not signing for Man U or Arsenal now then?! He had a howler against Chelsea during the week too - thinking he might be getting dropped again soon - McGregor will be loving this.

Horrific thread. He's been outstanding for Sunderland this season.

If you're basing this on the match today. For the first goal, Huth was pushing in the box and Carew was offside so it should never have counted.

The other two he could've done better, but his defense didn't do him any favours.

Walter Bishop

are you surprised, he was at fault for all 3 goals, an absolute holocaust the day. Still a top keeper on his day tho.

All 3 ??? :mmtaxi: :keys: I will give you the 1st one.

Worst performance by Gordon for some time, horrendous today! Gutted for the big man but he looks certain to be number two too k**b head for a while, sad as he is a good goal keeper and a better person!

Always been his weakness. I take it he's not signing for Man U or Arsenal now then?! He had a howler against Chelsea during the week too - thinking he might be getting dropped again soon - McGregor will be loving this.

From Steve Bruce's post-match comments he was certainly less than happy with CG. Could see Mignolet getting another run in the team considering he did pretty well while Craig was out with his broken arm earlier this season.

Still think he's a quality keeper, I just thought he would have made the leap to become one of the world's best by now.

Hearts of Vladland

For one of the goals he was fouled and for the last the defences was at fault.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

He has really only had one/two bad games, the pundits seem to forget that he has only been involved for half the season so far due to a broken arm.

I have him in my prem dream team and if he had averaged the same points for the first 50% he had missed so far then he would be the second highest rated keeper in the EPL.

Watched the game this morning and Gordon caught almost everything.

At some points Stoke had 1 or 2 players blocking off Gordon so was always going to be a hard day for him.

I don't think he's the best keeper down there, he still has alot to prove. I've heard Bruce slate him a couple of times after games now!

Never know, might be back at Tynie shortly, stranger things have happened...

Best keeper in the Prem

Forget Webster chat, any 'Hearts' fan who slags Gordon, immediate Hobo

He was stinking today and sold a goal on tuesday night. Them's the facts.

Never know, might be back at Tynie shortly, stranger things have happened...

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :rolleyes:

Selkirk_Jambo

Facts :unsure::mellow:

He's no McGregor right enough

:woot:

jamboinglasgow

calm down Rafa, any more Hearts players, current or former, you want to have a go at tonight.

Facts :unsure::mellow:

He's no McGregor right enough

:woot:

Well considering I watched both games live, I would consider them to be facts but we can't be slagging Craig Gordon for having a few bad games, can we?

Selkirk_Jambo

Well considering I watched both games live, I would consider them to be facts but we can't be slagging Craig Gordon for having a few bad games, can we?

I'd still consider them to be opinions.

And that will be one, subjectively, bad game he kept them in it in the the last one with several good saves.

By far the best Scottish keeper goin, wouldn't you agree?

I'd still consider them to be opinions.

And that will be one, subjectively, bad game he kept them in it in the the last one with several good saves.

By far the best Scottish keeper goin, wouldn't you agree?

He's better than McGregor but not by miles. CG needs to work on his ability when under pressure, he lacks box presence or the mindset to be strong and come to claim the ball man and all.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Craigs strengths are his agility, reach and alertness around the box. His weak points however are his lack of upper body strength which now and again sees teams bully him as crosses come over. He also tries to use his legs to make saves instead of spreading his body on occasions. These are the facts as I see it. Still a far better keeper than MacGregor though and Scotland No 1 by some way.

Craigs strengths are his agility, reach and alertness around the box. His weak points however are his lack of upper body strength which now and again sees teams bully him as crosses come over. He also tries to use his legs to make saves instead of spreading his body on occasions. These are the facts as I see it. Still a far better keeper than MacGregor though and Scotland No 1 by some way.

Agree with all of that.

Only seen the highlights of today's game and he looked ropey but i think you would have to see him every week(i.e. be a Sunderland fan)to comment on his present form with any authority.

At fault for the first goal today no doubt but he is a superb Goalkeeper and won Sunderland a load of points since he went to them :thumbsup:

Selkirk_Jambo

He's better than McGregor but not by miles. CG needs to work on his ability when under pressure, he lacks box presence or the mindset to be strong and come to claim the ball man and all.

No keeper is faultless and plenty of them will be found lacking when Stoke repeatedly launch missiles into the area.

Today is not the game to judge CG on.

And BTW, Gordon is miles in front of Shegger

No keeper is faultless and plenty of them will be found lacking when Stoke repeatedly launch missiles into the area.

Today is not the game to judge CG on.

And BTW, Gordon is miles in front of Shegger

Am I doing that? I've been watching him play for years for both Hearts and Sunderland. He's a good goalie but we got over the odds for him at the time.

All roads lead to Gorgie

At fault for the first goal today no doubt but he is a superb Goalkeeper and won Sunderland a load of points since he went to them :thumbsup:

At the moment Kello is as good :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Stop talking pish :down:

I said at the MOMENT :ninja: I only talk quality pish :whistling:

Selkirk_Jambo

Am I doing that? I've been watching him play for years for both Hearts and Sunderland. He's a good goalie but we got over the odds for him at the time.

Seems that way.

I've not seen a better, or more consistent, keeper in the PL in than Craig Gordon this season.

Over the odds? They're talking as him as a 15 million replacement for Van Der Saar? And even then, that cheap cause he has only one year on his contract.

I said at the MOMENT :ninja: I only talk quality pish :whistling:

Sorry my reply was a bit off :down:

I just don't rate Kello as much as others on here.

Stoke totally bullied the Sunderland defence at set pieces. Not nice football to watch but it's effective. The free kicks for the last 2 Stoke goals were excellent - pretty much unplayable for a keeper and very hard for the defence to cut out without the risk of an OG (not that the Sunderland defenders got anywhere near them mind you).

Seems that way.

I've not seen a better, or more consistent, keeper in the PL in than Craig Gordon this season.

Over the odds? They're talking as him as a 15 million replacement for Van Der Saar? And even then, that cheap cause he has only one year on his contract.

Still not grasped the concept yet have you? I think he's good, he was murder today and sold the buns for a goal on tuesday. IE he's not been at his best in the last 2 games.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Sorry my reply was a bit off :down:

I just don't rate Kello as much as others on here.

No probs :thumbsup: I think he is the best of the three we have at the moment. On a par with maybe Henry Smith in a HMFC league of keepers :ermm:

Didn't see the highlights tonight, but I do remember 3 weeks ago. Everyone has a bad day at the office....

CG

But didn't let in 5 for Blackpool, 4 for Arsenal or Newcastle, 4 for Blackburn and only equalled letting in 3 for Everton, West Brom and Wigan.

Archived