Guest vanbasten1874

fabienleclerq

Mite be wrong but did it not sart in zagreb

accompanied by the conga.

Slightly off topic any1 hear the guy get roasted

in section g v st johstone?

dododo sexually frustrated!!

Guest vanbasten1874

Thats because you singing it on your own... the rest of us sing Du Du Duu Marius Zaliukas...

I wasnt singing honest on my own personal cringeometer which goes from 1 to 100 that is a 99.99999999999999 skelper of a beamer i get when we sing that .

Mite be wrong but did it not sart in zagreb

accompanied by the conga.

Slightly off topic any1 hear the guy get roasted

in section g v st johstone?

dododo sexually frustrated!!

It did start in Zagreb at the bulldog pub

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Yes, it's really cringeworthy and quite gash.

However, we've nothing else. Rather we made noise than we didn't.

Yes, i would much prefer our fans to be quiet throughout the game and refrain from singing any of our players names especially not our club captain. Also i would like the songs to please EVERYONE in the stadium before being sang as would not want anybody to suffer "a skelper of a beamer."

Seriously Get a Grip

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Yes, i would much prefer our fans to be quiet throughout the game and refrain from singing any of our players names especially not our club captain. Also i would like the songs to please EVERYONE in the stadium before being sang as would not want anybody to suffer "a skelper of a beamer."

Seriously Get a Grip

Posts like these make me fear for the future of our support. :(

It's this lad and his mates that will be carrying the baton in about 4 or 5 years.

I can't wait..

What is it you find cringey ? Is it the tune or what ?

Posts like these make me fear for the future of our support. :(

It's this lad and his mates that will be carrying the baton in about 4 or 5 years.

I can't wait..

All this for making the same point as you through the use of sarcasm !

Guest John Meurig Thomas

What is it you find cringey ? Is it the tune or what ?

The tune's really cringey and everyone uses it. It's something you'd expect some obese 15 year old Newcastle fan to sing with his top off. Just a really small-time, classless, embarrassing tune.

We could/should do better for our captain.

It's pretty much just his name with 'doo doo doo' in front of it, so really struggling to find any issue with it whatsoever. If it was 'zally ally ookis' then maybe, but it's not, so it's fine.

Malcolm Tucker

The tune's really cringey and everyone uses it. It's something you'd expect some obese 15 year old Newcastle fan to sing with his top off. Just a really small-time, classless, embarrassing tune.

We could/should do better for our captain.

What do you suggest Rupert?

You had loads of alternatives at Ibrox, eh.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

No names. verymad.gif

Did I say I did have any alternatives? I said it's the best we've got - doesn't stop it being terrible though.

Malcolm Tucker

No names. verymad.gif

Did I say I did have any alternatives? I said it's the best we've got - doesn't stop it being terrible though.

Your name's not Rupert but D:

I quite like it. Goes well with a conga and it fits his name. What's not to like?

Problem Officer?

Most of our songs for players are pretty boring tbh. Like the ones for Templeton/Driver.

Dunno why we can't have a "he plays on the left, he plays on the right" for one of them (with the arm movements), it would be so much better.

Suppose that's probably a bit too much effort for certain people in our support though. :whistling:

Malcolm Tucker

Most of our songs for players are pretty boring tbh. Like the ones for Templeton/Driver.

Dunno why we can't have a "he plays on the left, he plays on the right" for one of them (with the arm movements), it would be so much better.

Suppose that's probably a bit too much effort for certain people in our support though. :whistling:

Celtic fans did that for McGeady.

So that's a ripe old **** no from this subscriber.

Problem Officer?

Celtic fans did that for McGeady.

So that's a ripe old **** no from this subscriber.

Man Utd done it way before Celtic for McGeady or Rangers for McGreggor.

And it's a chant which creates far more an atmosphere visually as well as just hearing it.

At the start of the 05/06 season I remember us singing we shall not be moved en mass, don't the Old Firm sing this too? :rolleyes:

Or if we sing "there's only one Jim Jefferies/Kevin Kyle", other teams have different versions of this as well. :rolleyes:

Any excuses eh. :whistling:

Malcolm Tucker

Man Utd done it way before Celtic for McGeady or Rangers for McGreggor.

And it's a chant which creates far more an atmosphere visually as well as just hearing it.

At the start of the 05/06 season I remember us singing we shall not be moved en mass, don't the Old Firm sing this too? :rolleyes:

Or if we sing "there's only one Jim Jefferies/Kevin Kyle", other teams have different versions of this as well. :rolleyes:

Any excuses eh. :whistling:

Decent enough excuses IMO.

No names. verymad.gif

So, it's the best we've got, it is terrible, and you do not have an alternative. And?

Was rupert a .....who is Rupert. Is he rupert?

yea i like He plays on the left, he plays on the right. Especially as it fits with "cos hes David Templeton, and he's shagged Chris Hoggs wife". Sadly ogg has moved on.

I also like the Addams family tune one, i suggested a temps one earlier in the season but as well all know chants are conceived int he pub before a game not an internet forum.

How about this, to the tune of the hokey cokey..

He puts a backpass short, a ball too long

He?s Marius Zaliukas and he?s got a song

You do the Zakiukas and he freaks you out

That?s what it?s all about

Whoa-o the Marius Zaliukas

Knees bent, arms stretched

Raa raa raa

Raa raa raa

Why dont you ask scott wilson if you can sing that at half time :band:

I wasnt singing honest on my own personal cringeometer which goes from 1 to 100 that is a 99.99999999999999 skelper of a beamer i get when we sing that .

Don't sing it then, pal.

It started off in Zagreb during that 'everyone's steaming, it's hot and there's still hours 'til kick-off' kind of time and, for what it's worth, I like it.

Don't sing it then, pal.

It started off in Zagreb during that 'everyone's steaming, it's hot and there's still hours 'til kick-off' kind of time and, for what it's worth, I like it.

First of all, if you are going to come out and say you don't like such and such a song then at least get the words right.

It's like these knobs that don't know the words to the European song, i've even heard a few people sing the wrong words to the Hearts song.

"It's up at Tynecastle they play......"

Nothing like getting these things wrong to mark you out as a ticket.

(Not suggesting the OP is, i've went off on a bit of a tangent).

A Boy Named Crow

what a pish song gayest ive ever heard at a football match :rolleyes:

Clearly you were not in Zagreb! Singing Du du du MARIUS ZALIUKAS (get the words right for a start) and doing the conga outside the Bulldog while the hard as nails police and Bad Blue Boys watched on in bemusement...

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Raa raa raa

biggrin.gif

Btw folks - get the second and third verses of Have You Heard of the Heart of MIdlothian learnt, please.

A Boy Named Crow

He plays on the left etc was sung for Suso in Zagreb too, but I always thought it was a Celtic song for lesbian face...

Problem Officer?

Tbh though, the hearts song, europe song, when the hearts go marching in and hullo hullo (:whistling:) etc are always very well sang, it's just our chants for players which lack quite a bit of creativity. :P

Guest vanbasten1874

Don't sing it then, pal.

In Zagreb i admit it must have seemed wonderful dancing about the streets doing the conga wish i was there but at Ibrox on a wet wednesday night nah no my bag like sorry ..........................PAL!

biggrin.gif

Btw folks - get the second and third verses of Have You Heard of the Heart of MIdlothian learnt, please.

Definitely. How about the third verse of the European Song as well?

I think we're generally a bit snobbish on here about potential new songs. They're football songs, not Grammy nominees, and while I'd say we have more songs than many of the teams in Scotland, we haven't had anything new for ages.

I don't think folk should come on here any worry about what people think of their songs. Get a few drinks in you, get a few friends together and start singing something new at a match. If it's decent it'll catch on; if it's crap no-one will care.

Archived