Hearts fans urged not to give returning Webster a hard time

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Quote;

"ANDY WEBSTER rejected Hibs :thumbsup: to rejoin Hearts on a two-and-a-half-year contract last night, with supporters urged not to sabotage the defender's return because of bad blood lingering from his controversial departure five years ago". :thumbsup:

quote;

"the Hearts Supporters Trust chairman Derek Watson today advised fans to let the 28-year-old prove himself again on the pitch before passing judgement.

"A lot of supporters blamed the agent at the time rather than Webster.

Romanov did the same," Watson pointed out. "If Romanov is willing to let it be water under the bridge, then let it be water under the bridge".

link source; http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-fans-urged-not-to.6711109.jp

Wise words i feel from the Hearts Supporters Trust chairman Derek Watson and his comments on Romanov"s willingness to let it be water under the bridge than that is good enough for me.I also understand some fans and members negative attitudes toward Webster but in the long run Hearts have to invest in the future and have the best available quality players that finances allow ,Webster fits these two latter points.So let bygones be bygones and give him a big Jambo fortress Tynie welcome back when he makes his appearance on the sacred and hallowed grass of Tynie. B)

maroonlegions

I think there will inevitably be a few boos from a v small minority but they will quieten down quickly

Aye, probably but if some boo then that's their right to, we all pay good hard earned to watch and support this great club so boos or not he is a very good signing.

I for one will applaud him warmly on to the turf of Tynecasle, Anyone as brave as Andy Webster has been in his decsion to come back to us in such circumstances has, IMO EARNED IT. :thumbsup:

Aye, probably but if some boo then that's their right to, we all pay good hard earned to watch and support this great club so boos or not he is a very good signing.

agreed, releasing this statement may even add a wee bit fuel to the fire, i won't being booing him but i'm sure others will.

its maybe a blessing for him that we don't have a game tomorrow, maybe most of the fuss will have died down by the time he makes his debut

Booing a hearts player is supporting the club ?

This 'he was badly advised' argument would be so much more effective if he didn't still have the same agent.

Personally, I blame Rangers, not the agent. It could only have been Murray that set the deal up with Dave Whelan of Wigan.

Andy himself could buy himself a bit of goodwill by making a statement akin to the one Rudi made upon his return.

Tyrion Lannister

I won't boo but I certainly won't clap or cheer his name. Some people will boo, some people will clap. I have my personal opinions of Andy Webster as a man but that won't stop me from supporting the team.

As an aside, this idea that he's somewhat redeemed by rejecting the Hobos is a nonsensical one.

Just because he didn't go to the scum doesn't change the fact he's a shit lad for what he did.

This 'he was badly advised' argument would be so much more effective if he didn't still have the same agent.

You have become so bitter and twisted....

pdvd_003.png

Quote;

"ANDY WEBSTER rejected Hibs :thumbsup: to rejoin Hearts on a two-and-a-half-year contract last night, with supporters urged not to sabotage the defender's return because of bad blood lingering from his controversial departure five years ago". :thumbsup:

quote;

"the Hearts Supporters Trust chairman Derek Watson today advised fans to let the 28-year-old prove himself again on the pitch before passing judgement.

"A lot of supporters blamed the agent at the time rather than Webster.

Romanov did the same," Watson pointed out. "If Romanov is willing to let it be water under the bridge, then let it be water under the bridge".

link source; http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-fans-urged-not-to.6711109.jp

Wise words i feel from the Hearts Supporters Trust chairman Derek Watson and his comments on Romanov"s willingness to let it be water under the bridge than that is good enough for me.I also understand some fans and members negative attitudes toward Webster but in the long run Hearts have to invest in the future and have the best available quality players that finances allow ,Webster fits these two latter points.So let bygones be bygones and give him a big Jambo fortress Tynie welcome back when he makes his appearance on the sacred and hallowed grass of Tynie. B)

Personally I wont be booing Webster but it aint because anything that Rent-A-Quote says. These folks at the federation, trust et'al really seem to get off on this spokesman status that the likes of the EEN gives them. Fair play that they may do a somewhat decent job in the roles they play for a small minority of the Hearts support but really ! they dont have to give us their wee snippets just because the EEN asks them for something. A simple "no comment" would suffice

I'm not exactly going to clap and cheer like I did when Rudi returned, but Webster will not be getting booed by me.

You have become so bitter and twisted....

pdvd_003.png

As a child watching The Goonies I was always very confused whether that was a man or a woman... Can't say my opinion has changed much.

maroonlegions

Booing a hearts player is supporting the club ?

No its not, i was merely highlighting the point that if one chooses to boo a player then its going to happen regardless if ones view on Webster as a very good signing.Booing of players is not my cup of tea, i will admit though that i have on occasion at games thought or mumbled, stupid ****, how the feck did he miss that :lol: ect or similar thought's or mumblings;

I think there will inevitably be a few boos from a v small minority but they will quieten down quickly

Fans are totally within their rights to boo. They are no more or less lovers of our club than the rest of us, however I just do not understand it.

Time spent booing our own could be put to better use booing the opposition.

We are the Hearts! support the club - not the player.

I will applaud Webster. Not trying to sound self righteous as i've been highly vociferous about his return, buut he's here and that's how it is.

I will support my team throughout. Besides I have a feeling we are going to get the best out of Webster.

Francis Albert

Don't boo Hearts players and never have. Had a few few harsh words in the heat of the moment for quite a few mind you!

Slightly resent being lectured to - don't remember any such advice when Lithuanian players names were being booed when the teams were read out.

maroonlegions

Fans are totally within their rights to boo. They are no more or less lovers of our club than the rest of us, however I just do not understand it.

Time spent booing our own could be put to better use booing the opposition.

We are the Hearts! support the club - not the player.

I will applaud Webster. Not trying to sound self righteous as i've been highly vociferous about his return, buut he's here and that's how it is.

I will support my team throughout. Besides I have a feeling we are going to get the best out of Webster.

Good post. :thumbsup: On another point how many times do we hear the OF booing individual players, they get right behind their team and their players react.Yes you are correct ,Webster is here and is now a part of HMFC, that should be taken on board too and we all know that players react to encouragement far more effectively than being individually targeted with a chorus of boos.

eddie fenwick

I won't boo but I certainly won't clap or cheer his name. Some people will boo, some people will clap. I have my personal opinions of Andy Webster as a man but that won't stop me from supporting the team.

As an aside, this idea that he's somewhat redeemed by rejecting the Hobos is a nonsensical one.

Just because he didn't go to the scum doesn't change the fact he's a shit lad for what he did.

my feelings 100%

winston churchill

i've not met anybody yet who is going to boo andy webster.

thankfully/strangely it only seems to be folk on here.

i wonder if he will hear them booing from their pc's :lol:

I'm over yhe moon that he has signed for us and will treat him accordingly.

He was a great player for us, is still a great player now, and will be a great player for us in the future.

Romanov has accepted him back, Webster has some balls for coming back especially after the abuse he's taken from Hearts fans, and I for 1 will be delighted to see him wear the Hearts shirt again.

Remnants of Standards

He was a major part why dundee utd were so successful last year, so for purely footballing reasons im in.

Don't know the reasons why it didn't work for him at rangers.

Thinking about it though, if he's such a devious character perhaps his constant no-shows for them was part of an elaborate plan to get back to us?

Yeh, that's it. You think vlad is a master of the dark arts? Andy must be watched.

Anyone who boos deserves a smack in the dish. He is a Hearts player once more and deserves a chance to make up for any wrong doings on the pitch.

Quote;

Come back , all is forgiven. he rejected Hibs , he must be a good guy after all.

Did he dump his agent after being 'badly advised'. ?

if you boo webster at his first match back, or any other match... you are an utter *******.

who pays money to turn up and only support some of the team?

*******s.

Guest GhostHunter

You disagree with him ?

I'm going to boo Ahndy Whebster from behind the comfort of my laptop screen,

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo

:lol:

john brownlee

I think for his first home game the boo--ers should boo and the rest can boo the boo--ers that way he will know where he stands.

and after that, let him get on with proving he can be the prodigal son and return to the loving family that is the JTs

Any Hearts fan giving Webster a 'hard time' should just **** off.

Craigieboy in stamping his authority shocker.

I won't boo or give BIG WEBBY any abuse. I'm not getting the urge to splaf over him either like some on here.

Big Webby was and always will be a ****** and any hearts fan who does decide to vent their anger at him is well within their rights.

Anyone who boos Webster should think of this before doing it.... Webster left under a cloud, yes but more importantly, he was free to sign for anyone and by that i don't mean some pishy wee outfit like Hibs, i'm talking about clubs down South that could afford to give him far more wages than we can. He must've thought very hard about this after what happened in the past but i admire him for having the balls to come back, he could easily have bottled it and went elsewhere. He was/is an International player, he's at a good age, he was Dundee Utd's player of the year by far last year and Hearts can ill afford to allow players like him go to other clubs for the sake of something that happened 5 years ago.

Although not under the same circumstances, i remember Dave McPherson leaving Hearts to go back to Rangers, Hearts fans booing his every touch, he came back to us 2 years later, played another 5 years winning a Scottish Cup medal and becoming legendary status.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I wouldn't boo him if i was there, instead i'd run up to him, whip down both our tweeds and ram one right up his farter. Then i would say "Hey Andy, we're even, welcome back"

Unrealistic? Perhaps, it's about as realistic as many Hearts fans actually paying attention to what the federation spokespiece tells them to do.

maroonlegions

Come back , all is forgiven. he rejected Hibs , he must be a good guy after all.

Did he dump his agent after being 'badly advised'. ?

That was a sarcastic thumps up smiley i included after that part of the quote from the EEN.If you have looked at my posts on this Webster saga you will know that its much more than a" rejected hibs" reason why i feel he is a very good signing.On his agent i could not give a feck about him, its HMFC i care about and if any thing can strengthen us on the playing side of things then so be it.If JJ and Vlad are happy then i am. B)

I do find it highly ironic, given Rangers cloak and dagger way of getting Webster for virtually diddly squit, that he reamed them for decent wages and played nearly sod all games.

Walter will rue letting him go when old man Weir's hips seize up. :lol:

Rudolf's Mate

Personally, I blame Rangers, not the agent. It could only have been Murray that set the deal up with Dave Whelan of Wigan.

We have a winner! Whether the manager said to Murray or vice versa is irrelevant. It's not something Wigan would have thought up.

What's done is done - he'll get my full backing same as any other Hearts player.

Anybody who stands up and boos him well, it is their right to do so, but i would question the character of such persons.

We do not need these petty divisions at a time when we appear to be on an upward trajectory.

'Intae them Hearts'.

I get the impression some Hearts fans would rather we lost without him, rather than won with him.............

I don't believe that anyone will boo him. Not at all. There might be one or two drunken trumpets who try it out at the first game but I can't see it happening in a general sense.

I predict a few grumbles when his name is read out for the first time and that'll be it. Damp squib. Nothing to see here.

Drylaw Hearts

I don't believe that anyone will boo him. Not at all. There might be one or two drunken trumpets who try it out at the first game but I can't see it happening in a general sense.

I predict a few grumbles when his name is read out for the first time and that'll be it. Damp squib. Nothing to see here.

This.

Archived