The welcome back Andy thread

Paulie Walnut

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doug summed it up for me.

Never doubted Webster's ability, but he let us down. He will get my 100% backing, here's to the future.

P.S. Well done Vlad for not letting pride get in the way of whats best for Hearts.

If a fan wants Hearts to lose then he will boo a player.

I however want us to win every game so I wont.

Hearts trumps everything in my book.

I can't believe i'm saying this but if Aiden Mcgadgy joined us i'd not boo him.

It's counter productive.

We are the Hearts!

Excellent signing.

Well done to Andy because it would probably have been easier to go somewhere else (although the money will no doubt have helped :whistling:) and well done Vlad to being prepared to bury the hatchet!

Hope he doesn't succumb to Vladflu again though.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Welcome back, Andy. Top player.

The past?

The past included 200 games of sterling service including a flawless performance in a certain semi final win over Hibs.

The past had a bad ending, yes.

Best thing to do with the past? Leave it where it belongs.

As Bob says: "Don't think twice, it's all right"

Welcome back Andy and good luck. Pissed off the way he left last time but he's a jambo again so I'll be supporting him. Quite delighted with him signing again. :thumbsup:

?Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.?

Welcome back Andy

Going to be a vital cog in the Hearts machine.

Meanwhile over at ihumpedmysister.net the hobos have been put in the shade oncemore

Welcome back Andy

Going to be a vital cog in the Hearts machine.

Meanwhile over at ihumpedmysister.net the hobos have been put in the shade oncemore

lol they are such an unfortunate people

I had a Hobo emailing me all day talking about how much he would add to the hibs team and one sentence even said, and I quote

"pllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase Mr Ptrie, please. You klnow it makes sense"

hahaahahaha

The Hibs way.....

Losing.png

A typical Hobo

tyler-losing.jpg

I remember when the Hobos claimed that they turned down the chance to sign Stephane Adam before he came to Hearts.

They are about as respected and wanted as a large stinking piece of shite on a brand new expensive shoe.

Kudos to JJ for being able to pull this one off. We are a stronger side today than we were yesterday. Quality player then and now and as long as he plays in our colours he will have my support. Not being privy to all that went on before I am quite willing to trust the judgement of the men who make these decisions and hopefully we can all get on with supporting the Hearts , no matter who is wearing the uniform.

Keeps it tight at the back, marshalls the defence and scores the odd goal. Welcome back, great to see you again.

Gets long term injured before May. **** off and close the door on the way out :thumbsup:

Victor Meldrew

I'm delighted.

Andy Webster is a quality player - I was gutted when he left.

OK, so he didn't leave in good circumstances, but things were all pretty nuts that season. I think it's time for everyone to forgive and forget.

He could be a really valuable addition to the squad.

Reading thru both threads and sympathising with a lot of the feelings in each of them - although certainly not the ones where Andy Webster is someone to be overly lauded or someone to be disgusted by - my view is that he has to be welcomed back as he definitely improves the team/squad.

Assuming he has the attitude that he has something to prove, cos he must know he will get a mixed reception, I believe we must give him time to show us he knows he screwed the club over and now wants to give something back.

I also agree that it is encouraging to see Vlad mellowing at last.

More importantly for me, if Jim Jeffries wants him and thinks he strengthens us in our continued challenge against the twin horrors that makes it an acceptable signing.

Arthur Morgan

Welcome back Andy!

You made the right choice and will have my full support. People have to learn to forgive and forget.

The real question for me is.

Is he better than Zall?

Yes!

Is he better than Boozheid?

Hell yes!!

Welcome back andy, two and a half years to redeam yourself with blood and sweat..... unless you can find another loophole to craw out through

While I had not exactly wished him well after leaving Hearts the way he did, I respected him as part of a solid defensive pairing, which we have lacked ever since.

Last season at Dundee Utd he was solid and was responsible for them doing so well in the league and cup.

Zal and Bouzid have the tendency to lose concentration and cost us slack goals, which we didn't do very often with Webster and Pressley.

Time will tell how this works out, but he was one of the first picks on our teamsheet last time round.

Delighted he is back. Good player who if can get back to his form of old will be a outstanding player. Welcome back Andy, ignore the internet geeks. thumbsup.gif

cardboardcutout

There is no better centre half pairing in scotland than webster and zally, celtic would love to have a duo like them and webster has shown guts and a tacit admission of a lack of loyalty by choosing us over the many others who were courting him!!

IF WE TRUST JJ AT ALL WE SHOULD SUPPORT HIS DECISION AND JUDGEMENT IN THIS MATTER AND FULLY SUPPORT WHATEVER TEAM HE PUTS OUT!

kennyblack'sshot

A very good player. Potential Scotland captain. If he can get over his injuries and reproduce his Hearts and Dundee Utd form we could have the best CD partnership in Scotland with him and Zali in there.

Also, we have a payer who is obviously VERY motivated to do well and make up for the past.

I don't see him getting any abuse at all at Tynecastle. I remember when he came with Dundee Utd. There was some pockets of booing and a few nutters shouting abuse throughout the game but nothing major (and the nutters generally got laughed at by everyone else who couldn't really care Webster was on the pitch). Can't see how it would be worse when playing for us.

If he can regain the form he had at us and Dundee Utd then he will be a great signing. As others have said, if VR is able to swallow his pride for the greater good of the team then hopefully the fans can as well.

Welcome back son, you made a mistake and hopefully you have learned from it, you get my support as all players wearing the famous maroon and white do.

Solid centre half none of the nonsense

Welcome back Andy you've got balls

I have to agree with that, it takes courage for him to come back.

Hearts supporters have got previous for getting it worng with players, remeber Paul hartley when he first joined, he got unjustified stick, many soom changed their minds. AW will make them come round too.

Welcome back, Andy. Of course you never should have left in the first place, but everybody make mistakes.

jjpleasing.gif

Southside Jambo

What happened in the past should remain in the past. What matters in now and in the future. Great signing, well done JJ. Welcome back Andy.

Archived