Gary Neville

Ray Winstone

G Neville was a fantastic full back. He let Beckham become what he became(!)or something like that. He played for 2 teams he loved, 1 I have no opinion on and other, sorry Shaun, I hate, for a long time. Got paid good money and I hope he's happy in his retirement.

When Roy Keane got ?50k a week for United they asked Gary Neville what he thought about a team mate getting 4x what he was on. He said that Roy Keane was at least 4x the player he was and was happy with his wages.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I don't know him at all so therefore I couldn't say i love or hate him as a man. As a player I thought he was a cracking right back, a position England have so far failed to fill since his international retirement.

That's fair enough, I'm sure you can tell I'm not his biggest fan :lol:.

I think Glen Johnson's good enough to make that right back position his own for England. His attacking quality is clear for all to see but it's just defensively where he struggles, not great for a full back I know. If Capello uses a system to allow Johnson to burst forward then he will be very good for England.

Terrific right back in his day, and one of the top full backs in the world at his peak. Maybe retired about 18 months too late, as injuries took toll and his legs went. Tip my hat to what was a cracking career. Not sure he should go into TV though- bit too serious and straight laced for me.

Valentine Jambo

Very good player but that tache?! He looks like a wee Hen Broon.

Be shocked if he gets the Sky Sports job, thought it was a cert that Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby would take over Keys and Gray's jobs cos they seem to be on everything else. :whistling:

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that he was up for the Sky job.

He did not get the gig as you are not allowed a **** on tv before 9pm.

Carl Spackler

Modern day United legend.

602 games for the club, most capped England right back.

8 championships

3 fa cups

2 league cups

1 champions league

The unprecedented treble in 1999 the highlight!

Some facts there. He must be considered a great player in the history books. There seems to be a few folk folk on here that must know him personally such is the character assassination.

At least that would have been my opinion if the presenter on Sky Sports last night hadn't stated that he was a "green campaigner" as whilst the Man Utd car park is full of Lamborghinis and Ferraris Neville prefers to drive a Prius. I therefore say "WHAT A D**K".

Never really liked the guy but he was a decent right back.. Definately better than Glen Johnson.. Got a fair few medals for a guy of his talent as well..

Dont want to see much more of him.. Hopefully he just gets a coaches role in the background at Man U.. and of course the obligatory newspaper column..

Gary Neville is taking Andy Grays job.

Don't ask me how I know.

Because he's been one of the favourites since he was sacked, plus rumours of him having a job lined up by sky after he retired have been around for years...

Ability-wise he never really stood out IMO, but maybe that's because I was too young to appreciate it, or it could be because he wasn't that good.

Always preferred Phil, the classier brother, to Gary the prick.

Good on him for hoovering up that much dosh and staying at United for so long though.

I think Glen Johnson's good enough to make that right back position his own for England. His attacking quality is clear for all to see but it's just defensively where he struggles, not great for a full back I know. If Capello uses a system to allow Johnson to burst forward then he will be very good for England.

I don't. More impressed with Kelly at the moment

I can see why people don't like Neville, but growing up I loved MUFC & some of the games I watched with him & Beckham on the right were what made me love football.

He might come across as a tool, but I think he's just passionate, hardworking & wants to win

Interesting what Wenger said -

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-neville-had-intelligence-and-motivation-

Englands most capped fullback & best in my lifetime, even if he did retire a bit too late

I don't. More impressed with Kelly at the moment

I can see why people don't like Neville, but growing up I loved MUFC & some of the games I watched with him & Beckham on the right were what made me love football.

He might come across as a tool, but I think he's just passionate, hardworking & wants to win

Interesting what Wenger said -

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-neville-had-intelligence-and-motivation-

Englands most capped fullback & best in my lifetime, even if he did retire a bit too late

Probably the right thing to do. In his day he was class. But now he's to slow and been struggling with injuries. Hardly kicked a ball in about 2years. But well done on a fantastic career.

Say What Again

Like him or loathe him, you have to take your hat off to the man.

20 years growing the same 'tache is an outstanding achievement, especially in this modern era of changing styles and looks, Red Nev got his head down and on with the job at hand.

Snake Plissken

I can't say he ever bothered me.

But I'm an English football neutral for the most part, although I don't like Liverpool or Chelsea.

He was a very average fullback fortunate to play in great teams.

Gary Neville the man is a bit of a tool. Not shaking Schmeicel's hand before a Man City game is one perfect example.

Gary Neville the player was an outstanding right back. I don't buy into him being average and being carried by a great side. He also played 85 times for England, and as well as being an outstanding defender possessed a crossing ability to rival Beckham's.

He's been ravaged by injuries for the last 5 years and hasn't been great. But from 1997-2005 he was a very good player.

Name me 5 better right backs to have played in the premiership.

Ability-wise he never really stood out IMO, but maybe that's because I was too young to appreciate it, or it could be because he wasn't that good.

Always preferred Phil, the classier brother, to Gary the prick.

Good on him for hoovering up that much dosh and staying at United for so long though.

Gary Neville is/was a much better player than Phil though.

I'd have thought in a 600 + game career than Phil might have learnt how to cross a ball. Unfortunately he hasn't quite mastered that art yet!

Archived