Gary Neville

Ray Winstone

BBC News say that reports from Manchester United are coming through that Gary Neville has retired.

Tosser.

He's been washed up for a good few years now - most folk at least need to move to Glasgow to top up their pensions so he's done pretty well for himself...

BBC News say that reports from Manchester United are coming through that Gary Neville has retired.

Modern day United legend.

602 games for the club, most capped England right back.

8 championships

3 fa cups

2 league cups

1 champions league

The unprecedented treble in 1999 the highlight!

'Gary Neville is a red, he hates scousers'

:thumbsup:

Have no opinion on the fella really. Always seemed okay to me. Is there a reason for the vitriol? Or is it just general we hate Man U ness?

Pathetic that all the haters can't pray silence for a moment to a player of marvellous consistency and commitment, who loved his club and served it brilliantly. So many complain about the attitudes of players nowadays - but Neville was a throwback. I admired how political he was - and while I couldn't stomach how successful his club was (hence the pure, utter jealousy from the Man City, Liverpool and Everton fans on this thread), I respected him as a player completely.

Great career, Gary - and good luck to you. :thumbsup:

Pathetic that all the haters can't pray silence for a moment to a player of marvellous consistency and commitment, who loved his club and served it brilliantly. So many complain about the attitudes of players nowadays - but Neville was a throwback. I admired how political he was - and while I couldn't stomach how successful his club was (hence the pure, utter jealousy from the Man City, Liverpool and Everton fans on this thread), I respected him as a player completely.

Pfffft.

Never said he didn't have a good career - just didn't like him. He was a dick. He played the game much in the same way Weir does for Rangers.

...a bit disco

Jealousy?

I'm a Charlton Ath. fan Shaun :thumbsup::lol:

Pfffft.

Never said he didn't have a good career - just didn't like him. He was a dick. He played the game much in the same way Weir does for Rangers.

Weir's a dirty *******. Neville wasn't.

Jealousy?

I'm a Charlton Ath. fan Shaun :thumbsup::lol:

My condolences. :lol:

I wasn't referring to you, btw.

So Make Some Noise..

Gary Neville is taking Andy Grays job.

Don't ask me how I know.

Christ, I hope he shaves off that mingin' peado-like tash then...I seriously cant be ersed looking at that every sunday.

He always kept his mouth firmly shut during the national anthem when playing for england .

Gone up in my estimation. Only slighty, mind.

Worst player ever to earn so many trophies. His brother is better at footy than him.

Lucky funt.

...a bit disco

He always kept his mouth firmly shut during the national anthem when playing for england .

Not in this picture he wasn't!

ept_sports_sow_experts-479587989-1271530439.jpg

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Not before time if you ask me.

Couldn't stand the man, probably the person I hate most in football.

He might be a lot of things but more of a hate figure than the likes of Neil Lennon, Derek Riordan et al? What did he ever do to you? :lol:

:blink:

Up against Rearend, Lennon, Micky Weir, A ^^^^ Kidd do me a favor ?

Chin strokingly dubious!

Know him well do you?

FWIW he was a vastly under rated player. Tremendous right back as well as a great crosser of the ball. He loved United and wasn't afraid to show it, if only we had someone like him at Hearts.

I'm fairly sure this is a Hearts forum, so if someone wants to post that a dude down south has hung up his boots you have to expect folk who don't care for the mancs to throw in their tuppence.

Just cos you wanna give him a blowey, don't get all emotional :P

1/10 - Pathetic effort Lawlson.

1/10 - Pathetic effort Lawlson.

You'd bloody love a player like that for either Hearts or Man City. Oh yes you would.

What an absolute load of driveling nonsense. He was a very average fullback fortunate to play in great teams. Nasty snidey personality and a hellish moustache. Oh and a father called Neville Neville for *****sake!

An absolute ranker.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

He might be a lot of things but more of a hate figure than the likes of Neil Lennon, Derek Riordan et al? What did he ever do to you? :lol:

:blink:

Up against Rearend, Lennon, Micky Weir, A ^^^^ Kidd do me a favor ?

Chin strokingly dubious!

Know him well do you?

FWIW he was a vastly under rated player. Tremendous right back as well as a great crosser of the ball. He loved United and wasn't afraid to show it, if only we had someone like him at Hearts.

Maybe a bit of an overstatement but my hatred for him is that strong. Seriously hope he doesn't get involved with Sky, wouldn't be able to watch any of the pre-match, post-match or half time analysis if he does!

No I don't know him well, do you? Other people on this thread have a severe hatred for him, does that mean they know him well too?

What an absolute load of driveling nonsense. He was a very average fullback fortunate to play in great teams. Nasty snidey personality and a hellish moustache. Oh and a father called Neville Neville for *****sake!

An absolute ranker.

You can't be "average" and play for as long as he did, as well as he did, for a club as dominant as Man Utd have been. "Average"? Pffft.

You'd bloody love a player like that for either Hearts or Man City. Oh yes you would.

0/10 - Give up ya rasper.

You can't be "average" and play for as long as he did, as well as he did, for a club as dominant as Man Utd have been. "Average"? Pffft.

He proved it is indeed possible.

0/10 - Give up ya rasper.

8 points with a game in hand they're ahead of you now, isn't it? I can smell the resentment from here. :thumbsup:

He proved it is indeed possible.

Maybe you should ask Sir Alex Ferguson what he thinks? Hmm, I wonder what he'd say... :whistling:

8 points with a game in hand they're ahead of you now, isn't it? I can smell the resentment from here. :thumbsup:

Yes Shaun, I'm absolutely seething that a team I see once or twice a season aren't top of the league :rolleyes:

Seething.

Maybe you should ask Sir Alex Ferguson what he thinks? Hmm, I wonder what he'd say... :whistling:

I wouldn't believe a word that old greeting faced weegie said about anything!!

So, Roberto Mancini then?

Am I right or am I right?

:laugh:

Citeh cost me ?400 tonight too. Arseholes.

Maybe a bit of an overstatement but my hatred for him is that strong. Seriously hope he doesn't get involved with Sky, wouldn't be able to watch any of the pre-match, post-match or half time analysis if he does!

No I don't know him well, do you? Other people on this thread have a severe hatred for him, does that mean they know him well too?

I don't know him at all so therefore I couldn't say i love or hate him as a man. As a player I thought he was a cracking right back, a position England have so far failed to fill since his international retirement.

Yes Shaun, I'm absolutely seething that a team I see once or twice a season aren't top of the league :rolleyes:

Seething.

You'd be thrilled if United were falling apart. So would I in truth. Trouble is, contrary to the expectations of both of us at times over the last year or so, they're not.

So, Roberto Mancini then?

Am I right or am I right?

:laugh:

Citeh cost me ?400 tonight too. Arseholes.

I assume Mancini will keep his job as long as City finish in the top four, which they surely will. But 4th, where I suspect they'll end up as things stand, is piss poor on the budget he has; and even more so given the EPL is still in gentle decline overall.

Archived