The DEFINITIVE Webster Poll

2NaFish

Are you happy to have Andy Webster Back  

755 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy to have Andy Webster Back?

• Yes. He's a good player. Young laddie. Badly advised. Etc
    • No. He's judas. vermin. Etc
    • If he plays well, yes. I'm apathetic.

Players want to leave clubs all the time, yet most of them find a way to do so that will be respectable to the fans and to the club, especially Arbroath who were due a huge pay day when his eventual multi-million pound move came into fruition.

But Webster found a way to royally shaft each and every one of us so he could pull on the royal blue of Rangers a total of 4 times and we got a measly 150k IIRC.

Forgive me for being slightly bitter about this particular individual.

Aye because players always get to leave Hearts with respect when Vlad is around right enough.

So you're saying that if Webster signs and we're playing Hibs, It's 0-0 and It's the 89th minute of regular play. Skacel whips in a corner that Webster gets his head onto and scores. Tynecastle erupts.

You stand in silence?

read post 38 again, I said I would be "indifferant to anything he does" at at no time did I say I would not cheer, Drylaw said this

Snake Plissken

I voted 'no'.

Anyone with a semblance of a spine would do the same.

Beneath contempt.

the windae cleaner

So you're saying that if Webster signs and we're playing Hibs, It's 0-0 and It's the 89th minute of regular play. Skacel whips in a corner that Webster gets his head onto and scores. Tynecastle erupts.

You stand in silence?

see post 42 :thumbsup:

hope that clears things up

Aye because players always get to leave Hearts with respect when Vlad is around right enough.

Rudi Skacel, Paul Hartley, Craig Gordon, Christophe Berra, Bruno Aguiar, Christos Karipidis, Andrius Velicka all left without fuss to the clubs that they wanted to go to and in some instances when their contract had expired they weren't frozen out the team like Webster (or Goncalves).

If you treat the club/Vlad with respect he gives it back in return. This is a FACTAMUNDO.

BoJack Horseman

read post 38 again, I said I would be "indifferant to anything he does" at at no time did I say I would not cheer, Drylaw said this

Nope sorry but Judas can GTF, I never want to see him in the maroon again he keeked on us and Arbroath and basicly we had to pay Arbroath the money eventualy recieved from him and we got hee haw for his development, if he does come to HMFC I wont boo him BUT I would be indifferant to anything he does on the park including scoring against the tic/huns/hobos I feel nothing for him as a player other than he is a ****

Anyone who says they wouldn't cheer an Andy Webster goal v the Hibs is a liar.

sorry Drylaw but you are wrong in this instance

Post 38 doesn't really change the fact that you said DH was wrong in what he said. So you'd be indifferent, silent indifference or would you cheer the goal?

i would cheer that hearts had scored but i can honestly say that if webster scored against hibs and came running up to where i was with his hands held high in jubilation i would promptly raise my middle finger

and tell him to get to feg :thumbsup:

see post 42 :thumbsup:

hope that clears things up

This is fair enough.

No option where "he apologises to fans, says he is a changed man and hopes Hearts can help to rehabilitate him, then after demonstrating that he means what he says, week after week, bleeding maroon, would I grudgingly then not be offended by his very presence."

So I'm not voting.

Drylaw Hearts

Players want to leave clubs all the time, yet most of them find a way to do so that will be respectable to the fans and to the club, especially Arbroath who were due a huge pay day when his eventual multi-million pound move came into fruition.

But Webster found a way to royally shaft each and every one of us so he could pull on the royal blue of Rangers a total of 4 times and we got a measly 150k IIRC.

Forgive me for being slightly bitter about this particular individual.

If you think Hearts acted in a respectful manner throughout the whole episode you'd be wrong.

The guy wanted to move on - you have to respect his wishes.

We didn't and we ended up with egg on our faces.

Rudi Skacel, Paul Hartley, Craig Gordon, Christophe Berra, Bruno Aguiar, Christos Karipidis, Andrius Velicka all left without fuss to the clubs that they wanted to go to and in some instances when their contract had expired they weren't frozen out the team like Webster (or Goncalves).

If you treat the club/Vlad with respect he gives it back in return. This is a FACTAMUNDO.

Skacel, Hartley, Gordon and Velicka were all frozen out of the side at one time or another.

Skacel, Hartley, Gordon and Velicka were all frozen out of the side at one time or another.

Fair points about Hartley and Gordon but that was only temporarily until they had their meeting with Vlad and then they were back in the team until they got their transfers.

I don't remember Skacel and Velicka being frozen out.

What did Screpis do wrong?

:rolleyes:

Obviously contracts mean as much to Vlad as they do to Webster.

:P

Drylaw Hearts

Fair points about Hartley and Gordon but that was only temporarily until they had their meeting with Vlad and then they were back in the team until they got their transfers.

Velicka was frozen out when we played Hibs a few seasons back.

Bennyuseless attempted to play in his place.

Skacel and Fysass were both diagnosed with Vlad-Flu v Aberdeen.

Velicka was frozen out for the Beniusis Hibs game I think. Skacel was a Vlad flu sufferer.

What did Screpis do wrong?

:rolleyes:

Obviously contracts mean as much to Vlad as they do to Webster.

:P

I don't recall the ins and outs of Screpis' deal but I can't imagine that Vlad would have been able to just tear up a contract (assuming there was one of course :D ) and get away with it.

Velicka was frozen out when we played Hibs a few seasons back.

Bennyuseless attempted to play in his place.

Skacel and Fysass were both diagnosed with Vlad-Flu v Aberdeen.

Being dropped for someone else doesn't really constitute being frozen out though, unless I've missed something.

Ah yes, a bit of squad rotation for 1 match. :rolleyes:

Being dropped for someone else doesn't really constitute being frozen out though, unless I've missed something.

Ah yes, a bit of squad rotation for 1 match. :rolleyes:

The sort of squad rotation that left Skacel in no doubt that he wanted to get away from the club where he was worshipped and playing some of the best stuff of his career.

Drylaw Hearts

Rudi was reported to FIFA by Hearts.

The sort of squad rotation that left Skacel in no doubt that he wanted to get away from the club where he was worshipped and playing some of the best stuff of his career.

I am aware of that, but he has since came back and said that he made a mistake...or is he lying? :whistling:

Rudi was reported to FIFA by Hearts.

Yes you've said that already, although I don't remember much being done about it once the transfer went through.

Sorry guys but to hell with sentimentality, it's not the way forward in most circumstances. I was raging when he engineered his move to Rangers and have booed him every time he's touched the ball (so not very often...)

However he's probably better than what we've got. Can anyone seriously say with a neutral mind that they'd rather have Darren Barr than Andy Webster?

As a reasonably young but lifelong Hearts fan I will support any man that pulls on the maroon jersey and play like they mean it.

The club is bigger than any player. If we sign someone and show them nothing but contempt, how will the rest of the team react? You think if we sign him and boo him that everythiong will be rosey and the rest of the team will ignore it and keep winning? Certainly worked a treat with Miko...

It's been a long time since footballers became attached to clubs, ambassadors if you like. If Webster can improve our squad, then he is welcome back. Frankly, JJ or Vlad won't care a toss what the supporters think, which is usually a good thing going by Kickbacks previous.

Hackney Hearts

i would cheer that hearts had scored but i can honestly say that if webster scored against hibs and came running up to where i was with his hands held high in jubilation i would promptly raise my middle finger

Bizarre (if true).

And you think this would motivate him to do something similar in the next match, do you?

Bizarre (if true).

And you think this would motivate him to do something similar in the next match, do you?

I'm fairly certain that being flipped the bird by a supporter would have a minimal bearing on a football player's performance in subsequent matches. Perhaps not, though.

"THAT BOY GAVE ME THE FINGER. AH'M NO TRYING THE DAY".

Hackney Hearts

I'm fairly certain that being flipped the bird by a supporter would have a minimal bearing on a football player's performance in subsequent matches. Perhaps not, though.

"THAT BOY GAVE ME THE FINGER. AH'M NO TRYING THE DAY".

Water off a duck's back from opposition fans. But from your own support?

So tell me - Why do we bother cheering on our team at all? (I know some of us don't...)

Johanes de Silentio

The poll bars are currently in the shape of a phallus.

I trust this clarifies Kickback's opinion on the vermin that is Webster.

Funny shaped phallus now! :thumbsup:

My take for what its worth ..

If he states he was badly advised and admits to it being the wrong move then fair doo's.

He is a good player and would add a great deal to our defence but he will have to prove to the fans and the players that he is committed.

The biggest culprit in his leaving saga was not Webster but his agent Diddy and the Admiral of the sinking ship that is Rankgers, SDM. The y are the one's to boo not the player in a Hearts jersey.

Excellent defender. Betters our team so hell yes for me. I wouldnt let a childish grudge get in the way of hearts improving.

The problem I have is with the message this would send to other players. Dick Hearts around and there'll be a job for you down the line. One of Vlad's greatest achievements has been setting an expectation of loyalty and service that is expected of all players regardless of all other factors.

Signing Webster would fly in the face of this.

Is it possible Hearts have promised him some deal and as soon as he's left Rangers we tell him to **** off.

Upside of signing him would be that we keep him away from Hibs. I reckon he'd keep them up.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The HMFC careers of Beslija, Kingston, Nade, Pinilla and too many other wastrels to mention in the last six years would seem to give the lie to the "service" bit. There can rarely have been an era of Hearts' history when so little service was rendered by so many for so much money. As for the "loyalty" part, it's a bit much to expect it from people you accuse from a safe distance of working for the Old Firm and threaten to put up for transfer en masse should they lose a particular game.

Employee relations appear to have improved in the last three seasons - but this is not surprising given the restoration of a traditional management structure and the gradual offloading of ne'er-do-wells.

Folk really need to get over the Webster thing to be honest. He was our player, he left. Lets move on eh.

He'd be a good signing although the defence has been really good this year, his experience would be good for the squad. If he was fully fit I'd have him any day ahead of Bouzid.

Tell you want that would be comedy gold :)

Webster scores for us and the crowd go mental, watching some trumpet keep his hands in his pockets trying desperately not to grin or smile and looking disgusted at Webster playing for us once again. :thumbsup:

Please go right ahead and make 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of Jambos even happier :woot:

Tell you want that would be comedy gold :)

Webster scores for us and the crowd go mental, watching some trumpet keep his hands in his pockets trying desperately not to grin or smile and looking disgusted at Webster playing for us once again. :thumbsup:

Please go right ahead and make 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of Jambos even happier :woot:

We could field a team with Fred West, Peter Tobin and Ian Huntley in the starting line up and I would celebrate them scoring.

I'd still think they were arseholes though.

We could field a team with Fred West, Peter Tobin and Ian Huntley in the starting line up and I would celebrate them scoring.

I'd still think they were arseholes though.

Eh, i think you took that to far to be fair :o

Eh, i think you took that to far to be fair :o

If they scored against hibs in the 90th minute to make it 1-0 would you stand staring at the ground.

My point is, they're vermin and I wouldn't want them anywhere near my club. If they happened to be professional footballers, no matter how good they were, I wouldn't want them anywhere near my club.

I know he's not killed anybody but that's how I feel about Andy Webster. He's a dick who might be great but I don't want him anywhere near my club.

Post 38 doesn't really change the fact that you said DH was wrong in what he said. So you'd be indifferent, silent indifference or would you cheer the goal?

This is fair enough.

I would cheer the goal but whether Webster scored or made a goal saving tackle I could not/will not give him the hero status he had before he done the dirty on HMFC AND changed the game forever ala Bosman I would much rather invest wages given to him in younger talent than to a mecenary with no scruples, so silent indifferance = no, but I would treat him as a no mark just doing what he was paid to do = indifferant

If they scored against hibs in the 90th minute to make it 1-0 would you stand staring at the ground.

My point is, they're vermin and I wouldn't want them anywhere near my club. If they happened to be professional footballers, no matter how good they were, I wouldn't want them anywhere near my club.

I know he's not killed anybody but that's how I feel about Andy Webster. He's a dick who might be great but I don't want him anywhere near my club.

I can safely say that if Hearts employed a bunch of mass murdering child killers and played them on match days i would not be a Hearts supporter anymore!!

I would hope that you and everyone else would feel the same, although you did say you would cheer if, ahem, they "scored"!!

Are you seriously trying to compare Andy Webster to Fred West?

A small part of me wants spit the dummy and not have him back, but if he plays well and does well by the club, I guess that's all you can ask for from a player.

Are you seriously trying to compare Andy Webster to Fred West?

:lol:

:ninja:

No, of course not, but He's still an arsehole who could be the best defender in the world and I wouldn't want him near our club.

I hope he gets a paper cut.

I have a dream that I will see Hearts win the league at least once before I die. This season we have a chance and next season too if JJ can strengthen the squad and keep our best players.

Andy Webster would strengthen our squad. Fact!

So I really hope he does sign for us today in time to play at Ibrox tomorrow.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

thumbsup.gif

No one's saying they won't celebrate etc.

I'm working on a theory that by and large it's the same 25% (give or take) of Hearts fans who get it wrong every time there's a poll of any significance and are out of step with the views of Real Hearts Fans such as my good self.

:)

So, just to get the ball rolling, a starter question for the Webster-seethers: did you also vote "No" on the "Is Robbie Neilson good enough for Hearts" poll?

*Sits back and waits for pet theory to be demolished.*

been a while since i looked at this, the turnaround has been pretty huge since last night.

JamboAberdeen

Yes everyone makes mistake.

But no, certain acts should never been condoned.

His greedy act did not only hurt us financially, but also exposed every smaller teams to exploitation by richer teams.

Jean-Marc Bosman may deserve some sympathy, but clearly Judas should not.

So he deserves to disappear somewhere nobody cares, like Bosman did.

Leaving aside all other arguments (and Leginten's attempts at dropping his line in the water :whistling: ), can we just drop this "he was badly advised/young laddie" pish, please?

It's simply not true. His agent is a ******, but Webster knew exactly what he was doing. Fact.

Archived