The Deadline Day Thread ( merged )

joshp

Definately not a loan just for the sake of it, but as the last games have proven we are lost without Kyle, which is pretty bad considering Kyle himself isnt exactly a prolific goalscorer. Offload the likes of Mole, Elliot, Kucharski those 3 alone would more than pay for what Killie are probably paying for Agards wage. We definately need a striker, one that can still score without Kyles help.

10 goals this season I think, not bad at all.

But I agree, we lack depth and Glen doesn't seem to be able to fill the void. Someone like Blackman would've been a great signing and could have fit right into our system. It's something worth looking at, but I wonder if these EPL teams are pricing us out of any future transfer fees as they want to hold on to these talented youngsters.

They're just looking for them to get first team football, and not wanting to get rid of them. That's why I think we're not going after them.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown

Definately not a loan just for the sake of it, but as the last games have proven we are lost without Kyle, which is pretty bad considering Kyle himself isnt exactly a prolific goalscorer. Offload the likes of Mole, Elliot, Kucharski those 3 alone would more than pay for what Killie are probably paying for Agards wage. We definately need a striker, one that can still score without Kyles help.

This part of your argument doesn't make sense - we would have to pay them all money towards the remainder of their contracts either in full or part and then pay yet more money again to loan Agard. It would cost us money not save us money.

10 goals this season I think, not bad at all.

But I agree, we lack depth and Glen doesn't seem to be able to fill the void. Someone like Blackman would've been a great signing and could have fit right into our system. It's something worth looking at, but I wonder if these EPL teams are pricing us out of any future transfer fees as they want to hold on to these talented youngsters.

They're just looking for them to get first team football, and not wanting to get rid of them. That's why I think we're not going after them.

I think he has only scored two in the league that weren't penalties though. Not that that is what I think his game is all about.

I think he has only scored two in the league that weren't penalties though. Not that that is what I think his game is all about.

True, but you've still got to put them away. :whistling: Also, the two from open play he scored were both 1-0 wins against Aberdeen and Hibs, so that's 6 points right there down to him. B)

Another thing about Kyle is his leadership on the park, always giving orders and advice to his players. His experience is a massive boost as well as his physical presence.

This part of your argument doesn't make sense - we would have to pay them all money towards the remainder of their contracts either in full or part and then pay yet more money again to loan Agard. It would cost us money not save us money.

I didnt mean offload by terminating contracts. I was meaning hopefully try and sell them on or even loan them out to other clubs to cover any costs of bringing in a loan player. I only mentioned those 3 there are others. Obviously i agree with your point about if we had to terminate their contracts we would be due them money. How many players though at present are being paid and not even getting a sniff at the first team and wont as they are just not good enough?

Funny that when you get all these on loan players to SPL clubs, that you never read these days of the stifling of young Scottish talent.

True, but you've still got to put them away. :whistling: Also, the two from open play he scored were both 1-0 wins against Aberdeen and Hibs, so that's 6 points right there down to him. B)

Another thing about Kyle is his leadership on the park, always giving orders and advice to his players. His experience is a massive boost as well as his physical presence.

This i agree with 100% his presence in the team makes a huge difference to the others. About the goals 8 out of 10 or 7 from 10 from penalties is it? tbf that does not make him a prolific striker. I still want him in the team each week though for the other reasons mentioned, and he is always a threat even if he doesnt score that allows room for others to get in

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but apparently Bogdanavich has turned Hibs down

:pleasing:

Andy Carrol for more than ?35m to Liverpool.Good player and all that but over ?35m. :omg_2:

Apparently knocked back by the Geordie's. :woot:

weaversknowe jambo

There leaving Hibs in their droves, thats Hogg away now ..wait for it ...to Lincoln...

Snake Plissken

Andy Carrol for more than ?35m to Liverpool.Good player and all that but over ?35m. :omg_2:

Even half that is obscene, hell even a quarter of that is a bit over the top.

Stark raving madness.

Even half that is obscene, hell even a quarter of that is a bit over the top.

Stark raving madness.

Newcastle have just turned it down according to Sky News. :o

The Editor: Newcastle have broken their silence on the Andy Carroll saga - and have said a second bid from Liverpool has been rejected.

suspected ?35m bid turned down by Newcastle.

How anyone worth ?35m can have such a bad haircut!? :P

The Old Tolbooth

?50M for Torres is a superb piece of business for Liverpool, but shelling out ?35M on Carroll would completely undo that piece of business.

There's no doubt that Torres needs a move to freshen his career up a bit as he's stale at Liverpool, but he's also injury prone too and Chelsea are welcome to him at that price, I really hope Newcastle keep turning down the Liverpool offers though and apparently Carroll doesn't want to go to Liverpool as he's a massive Magpie fan. Aguero would be a better player for Liverpool to go after, but then again he could pick and choose his clubs right now and has just signed a new deal at Athletico Madrid, so would cost a bomb.

Diego Forlan would also be a good signing :ninja:

The Old Tolbooth

possibility of Akpo Sodje (Charlton) -> the wee team apparently?

186 senior league appearances in his career, and only 38 goals spanning 6 years. :whistling:

?50M for Torres is a superb piece of business for Liverpool, but shelling out ?35M on Carroll would completely undo that piece of business.

There's no doubt that Torres needs a move to freshen his career up a bit as he's stale at Liverpool, but he's also injury prone too and Chelsea are welcome to him at that price, I really hope Newcastle keep turning down the Liverpool offers though and apparently Carroll doesn't want to go to Liverpool as he's a massive Magpie fan. Aguero would be a better player for Liverpool to go after, but then again he could pick and choose his clubs right now and has just signed a new deal at Athletico Madrid, so would cost a bomb.

Diego Forlan would also be a good signing :ninja:

Liverpool should be going for a top quality centreback before spunking that kind of money on another striker.

strange one this

DONE DEAL: It's a Liverpool signing, but not the one we are all waiting for. The Reds have signed 17-year-old midfielder Conor Thomas from Coventry on loan until the end of the season. He made his Sky Blues debut in Saturday's defeat by Birmingham City.

Say What Again

Strange signing for Liverpool.

1644 DONE DEAL: It's a Liverpool signing, but not the one we are all waiting for. The Reds have signed 17-year-old midfielder Conor Thomas from Coventry on loan until the end of the season. He made his Sky Blues debut in Saturday's defeat by Birmingham City.

I can only assume they want to get him in and get a look at him between now and the end of the season.

Liverpool should be going for a top quality centreback before spunking that kind of money on another striker.

I agree but carragher back soon so clearly gonna make do with him till the end of the season.

Frankenstein Jambo.

The English Premier League club interested in Conor Sammon is Wigan

Rangers canni afford him so strike up a deal with wigan which would eventually bring him to them.

Anyone?

Rangers canni afford him so strike up a deal with wigan which would eventually bring him to them.

Anyone?

:isee:

Say What Again

Not transfer news, but Andy Carroll content.

I've just been told by the Celtic fan at work that Gary Hooper is a better player

:facepalm:

Charlie-Brown

who?

Hibs reportedly now after this guy.

1242078264-13032010181304.jpg

obviously trying to sign their very own version of ....

_45478164_nade_goal_416.jpg

Not transfer news, but Andy Carroll content.

I've just been told by the Celtic fan at work that Gary Hooper is a better player

:facepalm:

Was that Celtic fan Gary Hooper? Anyone who believes Celtic are one of the biggest clubs in the world (which he did say when nobody asked him about 'Ref-Gate') would probably believe they're better than Andy Carroll (who's never worth anything close to ?35m, incidentally).

Snake Plissken

Seemingly Liverpool are going to come back with a third bid.

I bet Ajax will be gutted they 'only' got 23 million. :unsure:

Say What Again
Anyway, here is one move that won't be happening at at all. Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has told BBC Scotland that the proposed move of 32-year-old defender/midfielder Abdoulaye Faye to Celtic is off.

Step up.

Good move for the lad.

Correct.

Good luck to him ;) (not against us though).

Chris Hogg is joining Inverness Caledonian Thistle after being relweased by Hibernian.

:lol:

Charlie-Brown

Step up.

Good move for the lad.

a quick look at the league table will show that it is indeed several steps up. :)

Say What Again

Chris Hogg is joining Inverness Caledonian Thistle after being relweased by Hibernian.

:lol:

"welease Cwis"

life_of_brian_1358087c.jpg

Andy Carroll has transfer request accepted

Brilliant. That'll be Torres off to the Chelsea for sure. Just took their best player. B)

Liverpool FC confirmed that Newcastle United have accepted a club record offer of ?35million for the transfer of Andy Carroll.

Archived