The Deadline Day Thread ( merged )

joshp

The way things are going just now, this deal wont be done till late on, leaving Pardew no chance of getting a decent striker in to replace Carroll.

Not so good for Newcastle in that sense.

Maybe they've already got a replacement lined up?

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

yeah its totally ridiculous, rather have see us go for someone a bit more proven in the Premier League

hes a decent play defo and will do a job but ?35m... never, should have went for bezema for half of that

Carrol's got more goals than Torres this season, and he's young and will only get better, while Torres' best days are behind him. He's not the same player without his pace. Carrol potentially could be unstoppable. Could be a good deal for Liverpool this.

Scott_HMFC1874

Maybe they've already got a replacement lined up?

Perhaps yeah, but my point was, will they have time to finalise the deal, considering two other deals have to be agreed before a potential new striker can be brought in.

Carrol's got more goals than Torres this season, and he's young and will only get better, while Torres' best days are behind him. He's not the same player without his pace. Carrol potentially could be unstoppable. Could be a good deal for Liverpool this.

i sure hope your right lol Suarez and Carroll could work well together, hopefully like Van Der Vaart and Crouch do for Spurs

kingantti1874

Torres is only 26 and is a thousand times better than Andy caroll. He's clearly wanted out since the start o the season and hasn't tried a leg though, he will score a bucket load for Chelsea - saying that no way is Torres worth ?50m

that is unbelievable.... ?35m your havin a laugh man.... how many kevin kyles could you get for that

About half a Kyleninja.gif

rudi must stay

The way things are going just now, this deal wont be done till late on, leaving Pardew no chance of getting a decent striker in to replace Carroll.

Not so good for Newcastle in that sense.

in that sense no. But Leon Best has done quite well for them IMO, he could be a decent replacement for Carroll till the summer.

Charlie Adam going to Liverpool as well now that Blackpool have signed Andy Reid (pish replacement btw).

Disagree, Reid is a good player IMO. Almost a like for like replacement and has EPL experience.

My arse.

Too much listening to the pundits on Sky Sports.

If the price was 10 million I'd still be saying they were getting ripped off.

Disagree, Reid is a good player IMO. Almost a like for like replacement and has EPL experience.

Definitely got the experience but I've never really been impressed with him since he went to Sunderland, and he's no Chuck Adam.

:twirlyfaceman:

Walter Bishop

:trippin: :trippin:

Sterling Archer

While 48million for Torres sounds like good business, 13mil + Andy 'one strike' Carroll doesn't seem like a very good deal at all.

Scott_HMFC1874

in that sense no. But Leon Best has done quite well for them IMO, he could be a decent replacement for Carroll till the summer.

Good shout, he totally slipped my mind. They could easily get a better striker in the summer than Carroll for the money they get for him.

But as a stop gap IF they cant get anyone in today, he is fairly decent.

i can only remember best scoring a hat trick in one match. has he score at all apart from that?

i would imagine lovenkrands (sp?) and ameobi would feature ahead of him in any case.

lovin that avatar.

:lol:

Cheers.

Definitely got the experience but I've never really been impressed with him since he went to Sunderland, and he's no Chuck Adam.

For what Blackpool are trying to do on their budget, I think it's a great signing. He was really good at Sunderland for the first couple of seasons, just seems to have dropped out of it now.

I think he'll do a great job for them, making a big profit on Adam and replacing him with a quality player.

whatthehellisgoingon?

Good shout, he totally slipped my mind. They could easily get a better striker in the summer than Carroll for the money they get for him.

But as a stop gap IF they cant get anyone in today, he is fairly decent.

For the money they get, they could bring in Benzema from Real Madrid and still have plenty change.

?35 million for Andy Carroll is really too much, know i said it before but if you think about it, David Villa went to Barca for ?34 million and Carlos Tevez and Edin Dzeko both went to Man City for ?25 million and ?27 million respectively.

While 48million for Torres sounds like good business, 13mil + Andy 'one strike' Carroll doesn't seem like a very good deal at all.

Not forgetting that they have spent ?23 million on Suarez as well. So they are ?10 million down.

Although you could also say that 2 strikers for ?10 million is small change in the EPL.

jamboinglasgow

Liverpool`s ?35 million bid for Andy Carroll rejected!!!! :lol: :lol: Crazy !!!

Ashley is insane, how on earth did he build a company worth ?1bn, when he can't see an unbelievable deal and take it.

kingantti1874

Where is this reported Jamie ? Can't see it - sky sports saying it's going ahead

Where is this reported Jamie ? Can't see it - sky sports saying it's going ahead

jamiej is mistaken i think. sky and bbc reporting he is on his way to liverpool right now after a bid was accepted by newcastle.

On his way to Liverpool now by all accounts

@SkysportsPeteO: Skysports.com understands Kilmarnock have agreed a deal to sign Everton youngster Kieran Agard on loan. :huh:

Young striker who was let go by Arsenal a few years ago. He's played for the first team at Everton a couple of times in the Europa League etc.

Looks like a decent young player, would be very interesting to see how he does up here.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Aberdeen's deal for Jason Lowe from Blackburn is off as they want to keep the player. :thumbsup:

Young striker who was let go by Arsenal a few years ago. He's played for the first team at Everton a couple of times in the Europa League etc.

Looks like a decent young player, would be very interesting to see how he does up here.

Agreed. However it shows there could be good loan deals out there. We should be making a move for a striker on loan with option to buy maybe in the deal if he proves himself. If clubs like Killie can get loans like that and afford them surely we can as well. His age at 21 year old fits the supposed criteria of buying with a sell on value. If the player didnt meet the valuation after a loan period then nothin lost really except a wage which obviously in this case wouldnt be much.

What a load of balls. To say Torres best years are behind him is ludicrous. He's aplayer short on confidence playing in a team in decline, but to say he won't come good again is idiotic. And I've not hear mention of him having lost his pace. He's been injured but his pace will come back.

Carrol could potentially be unstoppable, he could also potentially be a one season wonder. Also, there's no guarantee he'll play much this season, thigh injuries are seriously dodgy if they don't heal ocrrectly.

?35 million for Andy Carroll is really too much, know i said it before but if you think about it, David Villa went to Barca for ?34 million and Carlos Tevez and Edin Dzeko both went to Man City for ?25 million and ?27 million respectively.

?35m is crazy but Valencia are crippled with debt, no one was really sure about dealing with Tevez' agents and Wolfsberg gambled after winning the Budesliga and are now skint. Still crazy though.

Ashley is insane, how on earth did he build a company worth ?1bn, when he can't see an unbelievable deal and take it.

If he gets ?40m instead of ?35m I'd say he's done not bad? He's already gone from ?30m to ?35m for a player who's got no proven record.

@SkyBet: Some big money on Manchester United to sign Charlie Adam and Andy Reid's move to Blackpool prompts us to cut odds on Adam moving to Old Trafford from 8/1 to 1/4.

:o

Walter Bishop

jamiej is mistaken i think. sky and bbc reporting he is on his way to liverpool right now after a bid was accepted by newcastle.

It was on twitter some guy from the times, conflicting tweets from all newspapers, one now saying Liverpool want Nolan aswell!!!

Agreed. However it shows there could be good loan deals out there. We should be making a move for a striker on loan with option to buy maybe in the deal if he proves himself. If clubs like Killie can get loans like that and afford them surely we can as well. His age at 21 year old fits the supposed criteria of buying with a sell on value. If the player didnt meet the valuation after a loan period then nothin lost really except a wage which obviously in this case wouldnt be much.

I'm not really sure why we don't chase up these EPL youngsters who clearly have quality to perform at this level. It's something we should be looking at if we're in a position to sign the player at the end of it.

But loans for loans sake I don't agree with. It's a temporary solution to a problem that you'll just need to solve next year, and you'll never build anything by doing that.

Charlie-Brown

desperate men take desperate measures .... nobody can seriously argue that clubs aren't paying a vastly inflated premium on transfer fees to land players during the season in january compared to close season summer moves.

Cloer to home ..... still no breaking news or rumours on any Hearts players? good news if true. :)

Frankenstein Jambo.

I'm not really sure why we don't chase up these EPL youngsters who clearly have quality to perform at this level. It's something we should be looking at if we're in a position to sign the player at the end of it.

But loans for loans sake I don't agree with. It's a temporary solution to a problem that you'll just need to solve next year, and you'll never build anything by doing that.

This player Killie have signed has not proven anything yet.

rudi must stay

i can only remember best scoring a hat trick in one match. has he score at all apart from that?

i would imagine lovenkrands (sp?) and ameobi would feature ahead of him in any case.

no he hasn't, but a hat-trick at premier league level is a good achievement. He took all three goals well too IIRC

But loans, for loans sake I don't agree with. It's a temporary solution to a problem that you'll just need to solve next year, and you'll never build anything by doing that.

Definately not a loan just for the sake of it, but as the last games have proven we are lost without Kyle, which is pretty bad considering Kyle himself isnt exactly a prolific goalscorer. Offload the likes of Mole, Elliot, Kucharski those 3 alone would more than pay for what Killie are probably paying for Agards wage. We definately need a striker, one that can still score without Kyles help.

This player Killie have signed has not proven anything yet.

I didn't say he had. I said that with regard to previous loan moves that have been very successful for the clubs that took them on. It's been shown by a number of clubs that there's quality players to be found in the reserve sides of EPL teams.

Archived