Hibs

lou

Sort of mixed feelings, from the view of putting the Hearts are going broke, in administration, etc. it would be satisfying to see them put in their place, even with a third place Hearts, but even better with a first or second place Hearts. With the number of fixtures these days although I still get stomach nerves before one, there are really to many derbies now. With them a division below though the banter might be a wee bit less.

I too wonder if their ability to be promoted would see them up in one season, I actually doubt they would.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No but I'll piss myself laughing WHEN they do! Martin Scott, Hanlon captain, Wotherspoon and Nish up front. How can any team with that combo stay up? I also concur that they won't be back any time soon with the squad they have and they've no doe (that theyre willing to spend) for Sauzees or Latapys this time!

I would rather they finished just outside relegation every year gettin horses by use all the time...... is that an option?

Please yes :thumbsup:

What has happened to the Hibs way.

The Arsenal,Barcelona and Dutch like skills they are so renowned for.lol

32 point behind the pub team, what has gone wrong.

Empty seat stadium looks fantastic with all that mince on the park.

What goes around comes around as the saying goes.

No tears would be shed for the hobos in this house.

Since 1902

indubitably!

Chroist.....its difficult to type this from the floor, rolling about in pool of urine........but

ol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I never, ever used to want to go down that route but since the 98 season and even more so since the Vlad takeover it's been one bitter diatribe after another so **** them. Hope they go down and then go into admin and don't get out of the league.

I'm exactly the same, was talking to my mate last night about this very point.

The amount of shite I've had to put up with from my Hibee mates since 2006 I would (Keegan style) love it if they went down.

I know we would miss the derbies and most of us have friend or family who would be gutted,but after reading on messageboards for years that we are hoofball merchants, going into administration and looking at these wee ticking clock signatures,I can't help but hope they go down and stay down.

oh yes, even if it`s just for a season for the reasons you state and the smug, unbearable Hobos i know who aren`t my friends but who i know of through friends.

Hate all the pity stuff about them, can`t stick the club personally, football is all about oneup-manship and i want us to distance ourselves so much from Hibs that they don`t have a thing over us(don`t think they do anyway!) whether its trophy winning, derby wins or relegations.

indubitably!

Brilliant.

A 1 minute video that says it all, about the hobos and their history. :thumbsup:

I know we would miss the derbies and most of us have friend or family who would be gutted,but after reading on messageboards for years that we are hoofball merchants, going into administration and looking at these wee ticking clock signatures,I can't help but hope they go down and stay down.

yes

yeah would love to see them toil, year after year and the new stand covered in those big scary movie type cobwebs. in years to come they might even rent that stand out for the sequel to i am legend, no need to audition for extras there's plenty of pale skinned only come out at night types.

down i say DOWN.

Guest vanbasten1874

No, don't really mind Hibs TBH. Proper football club, unlike Raith Rovers who look strong to come up.

As in proper shite you mean?

Oh and on topic hell yeah!!

I'd miss the derby, I used to think no but because of all the tick tock, flats & administration rubbish it's a big fat yes. Raith on new years day not the same but a nice "home" game for me

Would i miss the Derbies?.......... YES

Would i laugh my ****** off?.......... YES

Would i miss them?....................... Absolutely Not

GTF ya Bassas never to darken our door again

YES

Playing them in the cup when they were in div1 would be highly amusing.

The first derby back after their promotion would be funny. I'm sure the last time they sang champions at us at Easter Road. We responded with WHEN THE HEARTS WENT UP TO LIFT THE etc etc

Partick Thistle 3 Hibs 0

I hope they go down, then go down again next season.

I would be fecking delighted if I never heard of them again.

THIS

FTH

Sydney from Sydney

I hope we manage 2nd place (at least) in the league and Hibs 2nd last. I don't want to see them go down. Edinburgh should have 2 SPL teams.

I am old enough I remember when we all stood behind the goals at matches, and swapped over ends at half time, I went to derbies with Hibby mates, and often instead of going to away games a lot of us went to Easter Road to watch games (though often watched reserve games at Tynie too). When at Easter Road against any team but Hearts, there was a tendency to support the Edinburgh team too, though I was never a Hibbie.

During the Wallace takeover vote (and let's never forget he WON that vote) I was sufficiently uncertain of his motives that I joined Robbo on the Hands off Hibs walk thing.

But after their recent behaviour? Let them go down - better still, let them sink without trace in the 1st Division never to return.

There is a difference between humour and wind-ups, and petty vicious nastiness. They chose to go over that line, and I will never forget or forgive them. Stuff them all.

If They went down I'd laugh so hard that some pee would come out.

Would miss the debies but I'm sure we've all had the..... tick tock, flats, Mad Vlad, Heart of MidLithuania, Kaunas reject etc..... bollox from them over the past few years.

And because of this I hope they drop, stay dropped and drag around with all the other bottom feeders.

Too Big/Good to go down yer hole. :verysmug: :verysmug: :verysmug:

I am old enough I remember when we all stood behind the goals at matches, and swapped over ends at half time, I went to derbies with Hibby mates, and often instead of going to away games a lot of us went to Easter Road to watch games (though often watched reserve games at Tynie too). When at Easter Road against any team but Hearts, there was a tendency to support the Edinburgh team too, though I was never a Hibbie.

During the Wallace takeover vote (and let's never forget he WON that vote) I was sufficiently uncertain of his motives that I joined Robbo on the Hands off Hibs walk thing.

But after their recent behaviour? Let them go down - better still, let them sink without trace in the 1st Division never to return.

There is a difference between humour and wind-ups, and petty vicious nastiness. They chose to go over that line, and I will never forget or forgive them. Stuff them all.

I can remember those days also when we used to have banter with each other drinking in the same pubs walking along the road with each other. Days long gone i'm afraid.

I want then to go down, die and disappear.

Correct.

The only thing I want to remain about Hibs is a note in the history books that they were the laughing stock of Edinburgh, one of the biggest losers in the world of sports.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Jam Tarts 1874

A lengthy stay in the 1st division for the hobos would eventually mean more youngsters growing up supporting Hearts - so get down and stay down you tramps!

bit off topic but boyfriend is on nightshift over at the san giro and just text saying petrie and calderwood have only just left...bit late?!

Problem Officer?

Tbh if Hibs do go down, don't come straight back up and start to stagnate or yoyo between the lower divisions, it would probably mean a very bright future for Hearts as more and more future generations growing up in Edinburgh would end up supporting us, meaning a bigger fanbase and higher attendances etc etc. :D :D :D

RoussetsShorts

I hope Sir Gay, his team and his balance sheet drop through the divisions like a base jumper wi nae parachute. How anybody could want a team with ian murray and the rat in it not to go down i'll never know. Surely even the presence of these arseholes is enough to make any jambo want them finished. That'd be another plus of hibs going down, murrays career would be over and then the arthritis will kick in.

:murraytwat: :murraytwat: :murraytwat: :murraytwat: :murraytwat:

portobellojambo1

It's something I've never given much, if any, real thought to. I really don't spend any time thinking about Hibs, other than in the lead up to our games against them. To me they are as irrelevant as the other teams in the SPL if we ain't playing them in our next match. I have no care if they stay up or go down, because I ain't a Hibs fan, so it is of no interest to me.

If I'm looking at the league table thoughts such as "they are in a precarious position" or such like may go through my head, but I don't dwell on it for long. If I looked at the league table and Hearts were in that position it would play on my mind until we pulled away. But my only interest is in how Hearts are doing, I have no interest in how Hibs are doing. Possibly the fact I don't really go in for the likes of work place banter as such maybe explains why I look at it differently, If it was something I was going to use against some of their fans on a regular basis I might view it from a different angle possibly.

Victor Meldrew

Earlier in the season when Aberdeen were down there I would have preferred them to go - Hibs are a Wee team and their fans actually know it whereas the Dons need a good dose of reality which they'll only get through relegation IMO.

However, now Aberdeen seem to be clear, I would love it if the Vermin were to go down.

Archived