Pat Nevin

baino

Hearts not out of it by a mile.

Great win yesterday and surprised at how quickly everyone has turned on Hearts after one game

the windae cleaner

Great win yesterday and surprised at how quickly everyone has turned on Hearts after one game

also liked his scrawny greetin faced puss when he found out the hibs score :thumbsup:

The Real Maroonblood

Did he mention his beloved Hibs?

Victor Meldrew

If he knew the score before the programme started he probably would have bailed out. He is never on when they lose.

He can't have been on for a while then

:thumbsup:

If he knew the score before the programme started he probably would have bailed out. He is never on when they lose.

Funny that,because I see quite a bit of him on the box.

also liked his scrawny greetin faced puss when he found out the hibs score :thumbsup:

The penny also dropped in how not to run football club.

Pat the prat mentioned shiny new bus shelters and byres are one thing, but having something on the park isimportant too

Tynecastle Valhalla

i actually dont mind him that much.

at least he told it how it is unlike the west coasters that are only minded to think about the two old firm teams.

Johanes de Silentio

Pat the prat mentioned shiny new bus shelters and byres are one thing, but having something on the park isimportant too

Ouch!

Just had a look at the table, and their line-up today - they're in trouble!

I think Hamilton have made a couple of new signings in the last few days - be interesting to see how much of a lift they would get if and when their main man, Alex Neil comes back?

Also, with Hibs letting the likes of Hogg and Zemmamma go at this crucial time, would that suggest financial worries?

Is there something they're not telling us?

Ouch!

Just had a look at the table, and their line-up today - they're in trouble!

I think Hamilton have made a couple of new signings in the last few days - be interesting to see how much of a lift they would get if and when their main man, Alex Neil comes back?

Also, with Hibs letting the likes of Hogg and Zemmamma go at this crucial time, would that suggest financial worries?

Is there something they're not telling us?

Yet to be paid ?11m loan to STF, declining revenues and no talent to sell on?

jamboinglasgow

Yet to be paid ?11m loan to STF, declining revenues and no talent to sell on?

Not heard about this loan, could explain it a bit more.

If memory serves me correct when he was at chelsea he said he supported celtic.

christ, it's the wee fella from scritti politti.

Not heard about this loan, could explain it a bit more.

Sorry JiG. Only rumour and hearsay that the initial injection from STF to save the club is still due through various holding companies.

A bit like Rangers are only ?20M in debt - which surely they could service - but get no leeway from their bankers because total dues could be anything, even in the region of ?150M yet not reported in their accounts.

Doctor FinnBarr

If memory serves me correct when he was at chelsea he said he supported celtic.

Think he tried to get away from the religious nonsense and decided to follow a team of his laddies chosing which happened to be the Hoobs.

:down:

A horrible, bitter, sniveling, little, rat-faced Hobo.

Sorry, who's the bitter one?

A truly great player for Chelsea when they were rank.

Reasonable commentator most of the time, but fond of the Hibs, it is true.

Which is I guess why he's the subject of your bile

christ, it's the wee fella from scritti politti.

He was Green, too.

The Future's Maroon

How piss poor were they today...why slag, Srapon/Monkey/Blobby.Spongey/Murray etc....lets just laugh at the hobo's!!

His playing career has nothing to do with it. Bringing it up doesn't add anything to the debate.

Reasonable commentator? You're having a laugh.

Rudolf's Mate

His playing career has nothing to do with it. Bringing it up doesn't add anything to the debate.

Reasonable commentator? You're having a laugh.

The thread title doesn't actually say Pat Nevin terrible commentator and suggests it's open to debate about PN as a whole.

I don't mind him however not really heard him much as a commentator. That said the Chelsea season ticket holder in my work regards him as one of their best ever players.

I was just pointing out that Nevin was the only one who rubbished the west coast media which was nice.

As usuall on kickback it turns into a witch hunt

The thread title doesn't actually say Pat Nevin terrible commentator and suggests it's open to debate about PN as a whole.

I don't mind him however not really heard him much as a commentator. That said the Chelsea season ticket holder in my work regards him as one of their best ever players.

Well the thread title is 'Pat Nevin Sportscene', so I'll stick to his contributions on that, and not how well he played for Chelsea in 1985.

I recall with glee his behaviour immediately after we beat in Hibs in Scottish Cup in 2009. Seething, he was. Seething.

Horrible little man. Sorry if I upset the JKB nouveau.

He has occasional moments of lucidity but only when he's talking about anything other than Hibs, Hearts and the Old Firm. In other words, one third of the SPL.

He has been the source of some truly disgraceful nonsense comments about Hearts over the last few years too, I'm certainly no fan.

Radioactive Mince

He has occasional moments of lucidity but only when he's talking about anything other than Hibs, Hearts and the Old Firm. In other words, one third of the SPL.

He has been the source of some truly disgraceful nonsense comments about Hearts over the last few years too, I'm certainly no fan.

This.

Never forget him shitting himself in his studio seat when the big bad physical Hearts supporters were banging on his windows. Wee dick.

Think he tried to get away from the religious nonsense and decided to follow a team of his laddies chosing which happened to be the Hoobs.

:down:

Kudos,........In a kind of weird way.

Nevin may have a fondness for Hibs but he's not anti-Hearts. We can't detest ALL pundits who have ever been critical or tried to make a joke at Hearts expense...Save the hate for the like of Young, Walker and Nicholas who have track records of wearing their colours on their sleeves and being UNFAIRLY against Hearts.

never quite got the anti Nevin thing, always thought he came out quite well and would guess the reason most hate him is simply cos he aligned himself with our greatest enemies. Dont get me wrong I get that cos I still turn off the specky twins whenever they come on the radio and change to Forth 2 when the beasts brother is on air so not a pillar of sensibility myself.

I do think he is not too bad a summariser and dont think he has been overlly anti Hearts unlike some. He did however buy into the flair thing which I never saw myself but nobodies perfect

Archived