Gary Glen

All roads lead to Gorgie

was saying to my mate yesterday at the game that he looks like a panda. he also looks extremely unwell all the time, as if he's been up all night on the kit.

Caspian Primrose

I'm almost always positive when it comes to hearts and hearts players, but Glen gives us nothing. He constantly looks tired, he is slow, he doesn't look like an athlete, and he doesn't seem to know what runs to make. If it came to it, I'd rather have Elliot on the park

he looked like hed'd already played 90 minutes at times. like to see him be more pro-active. theres times where he should be making himself available for a pass but just doesnt seem to read what his team mates are gonna do. i really want him to hit it off but i cant see it happening. dont think he'll be here next season.

If he was foreign he'd be getting pelters off the fans a la Spanish Waiter patter. When was the last time he was actually good? Not OK, good.

When was the last time he got 5 games in row?

When was the last time he got 5 games in row?

Last time he earned it. Years ago.

Last time he earned it. Years ago.

Don't you think that the absence of Kyle makes a big difference? And when he comes back he will be a better foil for Glen?

Glen has played all his football with the likes of Nade or Obua as his 'strike partner'.

Don't you think that the absence of Kyle makes a big difference? And when he comes back he will be a better foil for Glen?

Glen has played all his football with the likes of Nade or Obua as his 'strike partner'.

We miss Kyle, yes, but he's not a magic wand and Obua did fine yesterday. The responsibility for Gary Glen not having a good game for Hearts in God knows how long can't all be placed on the shoulders of others I'm afraid. When Elliott came on yesterday, despite missing a couple of good chances, it was night and day.

If GG is good enough for Hearts, it's about time he started showing it and forced his way into the team.

We miss Kyle, yes, but he's not a magic wand and Obua did fine yesterday. The responsibility for Gary Glen not having a good game for Hearts in God knows how long can't all be placed on the shoulders of others I'm afraid. When Elliott came on yesterday, despite missing a couple of good chances, it was night and day.

If GG is good enough for Hearts, it's about time he started showing it and forced his way into the team.

I think Glen has been fine in the last few games - his first 4 appearances of the season I think. We've won all 4 of those games when he has been on the pitch by the way. In particular, the game at Killie changed when he and Stevenson came on - would say that was a good game from him.

The Mighty Thor

Gary Glen was 'on his heels' all day yesterday. He looked absolutely miles off the pace.

I agree with ibpc that the difference between Glen and 2 T's was stark.

I also feel that Glen really has to show something between now and the end of the season or he'd be as well trying his luck elsewhere.

Gary Glen was 'on his heels' all day yesterday. He looked absolutely miles off the pace.

I agree with ibpc that the difference between Glen and 2 T's was stark.

I also feel that Glen really has to show something between now and the end of the season or he'd be as well trying his luck elsewhere.

His pace is surely not aided by the fact he was getting tore into a large hamburger supper from Joes Chippy in Tranent on Friday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I don't know how he's supposed to come in after not playing for ages and be up with the pace of the game. Just doesn't work like that. Especially now that there's no reserve league.

Title should read - Should Practice More

or just leave please oh and take big Dave with you please, just my opinion, plain and simply not good enough

So, if we accept that Nade and Obua arent very good, Glen should have outshone them. He didnt though.

I'm not having it that Glen hasnt made it because his strike partners werent very good. Glen hasnt made it because Glen's not very good. Thats the bottom line here.

He's maybe the perfect example of what the demise of the reserve league has done to the progress of some of the younger players. It's funny because while I agree that if he was named in our opposition I wouldn't be remotely fussed about his goal threat and I agree that his positioning wasn't great yesterday, he has demonstrated a bit of instinctive striker positioning in the past. In fact, during the Rangers game I distinctly remember noticing how well placed he was in the box when he was waiting for potential spills and rebounds etc. I remember not being all that impressed with his general performance in the past but again noticing that he did have a bit of a knack for getting into the right positions.

He's obviously rusty but JJ must have had a reason for starting him yesterday.

Radioactive Mince

As a few others have said, on this thread and elsewhere, I'd like to see how Glen performs alongside Kyle.

When was the last time Gary Glen started a game for Hearts? Seems like only a few weeks ago he was coming on as a sub for his first appearance of the season. Also, has he ever played a full 90 minutes for us in his time here?

Guest John Meurig Thomas

As a few others have said, on this thread and elsewhere, I'd like to see how Glen performs alongside Kyle.

When was the last time Gary Glen started a game for Hearts? Seems like only a few weeks ago he was coming on as a sub for his first appearance of the season. Also, has he ever played a full 90 minutes for us in his time here?

Agreed with the sentiments. He didn't play fantastically with Obua, but he did do OK against Kilmarnock a few weeks back when he came on, where as Obua was terrible that day.

If we started him with Kyle over a few games we might see him kick on. We all know he's got something there.

I'm afraid we might let him go and he'll turn out to be a very good centre forward at this level but for some other club. Then again JJ sees him nearly every day so I'll leave it to him.

Speaking of young players, where's Scott Robinson?

Radioactive Mince

I'm not having it that Glen hasnt made it because his strike partners werent very good. Glen hasnt made it because Glen's not very good. Thats the bottom line here.

Could be, but doesn't every young man in every job in the world need an experienced and skilled older head to learn and take guidance from? It's a bit like asking a street sweeper (no disrespect intended) to teach Latin to a budding law student, asking Nade or Obua for striking tips.

Not sure Mr. Defence A.K.A Laszlo would've been the best mentor either, TBH.

and why has he not played a full 90mins ??? because he isnt good enough or fit enough imo the chance against hibs was bread and butter for any striker.. i would personaly lapy robinson or smith b4 glen

Radioactive Mince

Speaking of young players, where's Scott Robinson?

Still in the u-19s as far as I'm aware, dude. Haven't heard much from or about him since he decided not to go out on loan and stay and try to fight his way into the first team squad.

He started a few times towards the end of the season in April/May but was subbed towards the end usually. Once at half time. Last time he played 90 minutes seems to be the 2-1 win against Hibs last March, but he had at least 20 appearances last season.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Still in the u-19s as far as I'm aware, dude. Haven't heard much from or about him since he decided not to go out on loan and stay and try to fight his way into the first team squad.

Cool. I'm happy he's got the self-belief that he can break into the first team. He's another forward player from our youth team that's shown promise in the past. There's him, Glen and Gordon Smith as well who's doing quite well with Stirling.

Be a shame if we didn't put their talent to good use.

Just Googled Stirling and it seems they're not doing too well. I suppose that makes it more impressive that Smith's got nearly a 1 in 2 ratio for them.

Radioactive Mince

He started a few times towards the end of the season in April/May but was subbed towards the end usually. Once at half time. Last time he played 90 minutes seems to be the 2-1 win against Hibs last March, but he had at least 20 appearances last season.

So, in his last full game - nearly a year ago - he scored, had a good header well saved and rounded the keeper before a last ditch tackle did just enough? So, on another day, could've had a hat-trick?

Just wish we played Hibs every week, TBH. Always remember an amazing shot from about 30yds which near snapped the School End crossbar in 2009 I think.

Edit: That's a lot of appearances. I take it quite a few were in the last minute or two of games?

Radioactive Mince

Be a shame if we didn't put their talent to good use.

Just Googled Stirling and it seems they're not doing too well. I suppose that makes it more impressive that Smith's got nearly a 1 in 2 ratio for them.

Pretty outstanding really. Stirling are pish and probably belong in Division 2.

So, in his last full game - nearly a year ago - he scored, had a good header well saved and rounded the keeper before a last ditch tackle did just enough? So, on another day, could've had a hat-trick?

Just wish we played Hibs every week, TBH.

Edit: That's a lot of appearances. I take it quite a few were in the last minute or two of games?

Or to look at it another way, he was given the chance to start a good few times on the back of that performance and failed to deliver the goods. He was then subbed.

Just added up the game time and he had 993 minutes over 20 games which would make an average of about 50 mins per game. That's a fair bit.

Radioactive Mince

Or to look at it another way, he was given the chance to start a good few times on the back of that performance and failed to deliver the goods. He was then subbed.

Just added up the game time and he had 993 minutes over 20 games which would make an average of about 50 mins per game. That's a fair bit.

Fair enough. Since you're in the mood - Do you know how many goals he scored in his equivalent of eleven football matches in that timeframe? I'm not trying to debate, BTW, just genuinely interested.

Fair enough. Since you're in the mood - Do you know how many goals he scored in his equivalent of eleven football matches in that timeframe? I'm not trying to debate, BTW, just genuinely interested.

No problem, I still have his wee stats page open anyway... :)

He scored 2. One against Hibs and the other against Dunfermline in the league cup fixture in September.

EDIT: He was subbed 20 mins later for Smith in the Dunfermline game too in the 74th minute...

Radioactive Mince

As does Gordon Smith.

IMO.

He's doing no' too bad in Division One for a 2nd Div player, IMO.

:)

ps - The last player I saw who scored such a neat volley against Hibs was a very happy Graham Weir. What's he up to thesedays? ;)

Radioactive Mince

No problem, I still have his wee stats page open anyway... :)

He scored 2. One against Hibs and the other against Dunfermline in the league cup fixture in September.

EDIT: He was subbed 20 mins later for Smith in the Dunfermline game too in the 74th minute...

Cheers. Oh well, at least he's got a better ratio than Nade. Probably better than Elliot, too.

Cheers. Oh well, at least he's got a better ratio than Nade. Probably better than Elliot, too.

He does, but that's not really saying much.... :)

Nade scored 2 in 26 performances last season, Elliot scored 0 in 13. He has managed 4 in 19 this season though.

As does Gordon Smith.

IMO.

lol steady the lads scored more first team goals all be it at a lower level than glen has... and stirling are the worst team in the first division by a mile.. could u see glen puting away the goal gordon did against the hibs

givememychoice

I want to like glen, but he has no reading of the game. He can only react to where the ball is, not where it will be. He is actually reasonably pacey, but because he waits to see what the ball is doing, it seems like he is slow.

All roads lead to Gorgie

So the verdict on GG is he has to improve on fitness, awareness, attitude and be partnered with the right player up front, and do it quick :thumbsup:

Radioactive Mince

So the verdict on GG is he has to improve on fitness, awareness, attitude and be partnered with the right player up front, and do it quick :thumbsup:

I actually think if he considerably improved on his fitness, all the rest might just fall into place. I thought he looked to be tiring too early on Saturday and a post on the previous page alludes to nutritional irresponsibility.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I actually think if he considerably improved on his fitness, all the rest might just fall into place. I thought he looked to be tiring too early on Saturday and a post on the previous page alludes to nutritional irresponsibility.

The fat barsteward has to pull his socks up. There is latent talent there imo :ermm:

Drylaw Hearts

lol steady the lads scored more first team goals all be it at a lower level than glen has... and stirling are the worst team in the first division by a mile.. could u see glen puting away the goal gordon did against the hibs

Actually....

I can.

Archived