Hearts Lack of Goals.

Greedy_Jambo

Rudolf's Mate

Look we all know the op has a point though it maybe didn't come over the way he intended. We've certainly not struggled scoring goals this season however the last 3 games we seem to have toiled. Ok the games against the uglies we didn't really create much and today seemed a huge improvement but it's badger on and cement third or do something in the window and try for 2nd.

Imho Brown has hit form and commons is a great signing plus together they've meant to have destroyed the sheep. Brown is a good player and if he keeps his form with Commons also playing well then I think they'll win with some to spare. You may not like it but it's looking likely.

As for der huns. If that Jelavic (or whatever his name is) had been on from te beginning instead of Laughatme then they may have actually scored against us. He's possibly their only ray of hope coupled with the possibility of all targets knocking them back/being too expensive.

Personally I agree with the op and think we should obtain a striker even on loan.y only reason is I reckon overtaking the huns may see them put themselves into administration and take a 10 point hit!

Agree with the OP to a certain extent.

Another striker would be lovely but we'll win enough games without one.

I'd happily win every match 1-0.

Yup, 1 up after 3 minutes - good

1 up after 83 minutes - maybe not so good.

If we had a goal poacher maybe we'd have finished off St J and DU at the start of the season instead of leaking those four points?

But it's all ifs and maybes I suppose...

Its getting so bad that we're all Relying on Kevin Kyle coming back! A guy that scores mostly through penalty's....

New Strikers need brought in pronto! (If we're to nick 2nd place )

Discuss.

:unsure: What do you expect? 2 , 3 goals every game? I would worry if the problem extended long term but over a season goalscoring form fluctuates. As long as we are still creating chances and looking dangerous another goal laden spell will come.

Drylaw Hearts

We need at least one other striker.

Possibly even 2.

Elliott and Kyle are our only worthwhile options in that area of the team.

We need at least one other striker.

Possibly even 2.

Elliott and Kyle are our only worthwhile options in that area of the team.

I`d agree, but it think this will only be done in the summer, obviously now that the window is about to shut.

Agree with the OP to a certain extent.

Another striker would be lovely but we'll win enough games without one.

For 3rd I agree. If we have any sort of ambition for finishing above this then we will need at least 1 striker and a midfielder both of which are of better quality than we presently have. Saying that I am not about to cry my eyes out over finishing comfortably 3rd though. So if that is the target and ambition then no need to spend any money.

For those that mention the debt and our wage bill as a reason for the lack of signings then you have to ask what happened to the money we offered for Bryson.

Thunderstruck

It appeared that we missed more chances yesterday largely because we had Wallace and Thomson as overlapping full backs who are very good at putting in a final ball. Unfortunately, it was usually into a forest of legs as they played very deep.

Yesterday we had 3 or 4 chances that went straight at keeper or narrowly wide/over. A Robbo might have bagged one or two of them and a fully match fit Suso might have snagged at least one although I suspect Rudi might have got a touch that put him off.

Most games, however, it is the lack of a good ball into the box that is the problem and, if there is no service, any striker will struggle. The return of Lee Wallace will change this and we need a striker that can read him.

On another point, have we converted a corner this season?

:woot::lol::woot::lol::woot:

spot-on on the evidence of this thread

12 wins out of 14 in the league and apparently its not good enough

if we had a passenger/goalscorer like Boyd up-front how many of these games would we have won?

Discuss - JKB is full of fuds who sit with their back to goal when they go to the games.

pettigrewsstylist

I take it this post was made in Jest.

We have scored 35 goals in 23 matches in the League 1 more than the total from last season.

We have 15 games to go so imagine us gathering more goals..... Can see we are lacking when KK is not playing but ffs man, we are 2/3 thru a season and all you see is a negative conclusion.

Edit** was 35 goals not 36 last season- still surpassed that, so what the hell is with the doom and gloom.

pse dont ever ever use last season as your barometer for the number of goals we should be scoring mate

One area where we have virtually no threat of scoring - is from corner kicks.

The likes of Rudi put in fantastic corners - and we have no-one attacking them.

Problem Officer?

One area where we have virtually no threat of scoring - is from corner kicks.

The likes of Rudi put in fantastic corners - and we have no-one attacking them.

Agreed, can't remember the last corner we scored from.

This year we've scored more goals after 23 games than we've done in any other season (apart from 05/06) for the last ten years.

37 goals in 23 games is an oustanding return, I'd say.

Archived