Hearts Lack of Goals.

Greedy_Jambo

Its getting so bad that we're all Relying on Kevin Kyle coming back! A guy that scores mostly through penalty's....

New Strikers need brought in pronto! (If we're to nick 2nd place )

Discuss.

true but who ever we sign will know they will be spending alot of time on the bench due to us mainly playing KK as a lone striker

Frankenstein Jambo.

Utter rubbish.

He's got a point. When kyle does not play we seriously struggle to score goals.

We do need a new striker in as a priority IMO.

Francis Albert

true but who ever we sign will know they will be spending alot of time on the bench due to us mainly playing KK as a lone striker

You've not watched us much this season I take it.

Or are you confusing us with Calderwood's team?

Its getting so bad that we're all Relying on Kevin Kyle coming back! A guy that scores mostly through penalty's....

Discuss.

Your username is correct anyway.

We have a few goalscoring midfielders as well as KK and Elliott who also scores a few.

A replacement for Kyle when he gets injured would be nice, but we don't "lack" goals.

Utter rubbish.

Hows it utter rubbish? Glen, Obua, Stevenson.. They're not the answer!

The Game should of been over by halftime today! So many chances and 1 goal by the legend Rudi Skacel. Thank **** he is back with us by the way.

I take it this post was made in Jest.

We have scored 35 goals in 23 matches in the League 1 more than the total from last season.

We have 15 games to go so imagine us gathering more goals..... Can see we are lacking when KK is not playing but ffs man, we are 2/3 thru a season and all you see is a negative conclusion.

Edit** was 35 goals not 36 last season- still surpassed that, so what the hell is with the doom and gloom.

I agree, if any team is serious about doing better than 3rd they need 2 strikers on form throughout the whole season.

And who do rangers have...?

Discuss.

Agreed. When you look at the striker options normally on the bench, eg Eliot and Glen, it doesn't really fill me with hope.

Your username is correct anyway.

We have a few goalscoring midfielders as well as KK and Elliott who also scores a few.

A replacement for Kyle when he gets injured would be nice, but we don't "lack" goals.

oh and this!

We're going through a barren patch I'd say. Even Celtic went on one earlier in the season.

Had we managed to get a 2nd goal today we would have won by three or four. As it was St. Johnstone just concentrated on keeping the score at 1-0 and then attacked in the last ten minutes.

Look, The difference between last season and this season is night and day. If we're to push for 2nd place we need to sign a striker!!!!

Simples.

JJ has done an unbelievable job this year, Manager of the year in my opinion. But why stop there? We could be waiting another 5 years before we're up there again with the old firm!

Push on Hearts. Please?

Miller/Naismith 1st half of the season

Jelavic/Naismith 2nd half???

Same could be said for hearts in respect to first half of the season - Kyle, Temps & Skacel.

Second half of the season, who knows yet!

Francis Albert

Look, The difference between last season and this season is night and day. If we're to push for 2nd place we need to sign a striker!!!!

Simples.

JJ has done an unbelievable job this year, Manager of the year in my opinion. But why stop there? We could be waiting another 5 years before we're up there again with the old firm!

Push on Hearts. Please?

Just a wild guess, but ?25m or so debt and a wage bill we can't afford?

Great result today doesn't matter bout how many we won the game by. Our recent home record against St Johnstone is poor and the fact we just got gubbed 4-0 by Celtic meant this game was a real character test for the management and players.

JJ changed the squad a bit and the players showed character, we are only 2pts behind Rangers albeit they have 2 games in hand but this was a vital win for the squads confidence.

With Driver back, Temps rested, Kyle on his way back I think we are still in the hunt for at least 2nd.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Just a wild guess, but ?25m or so debt and a wage bill we can't afford?

25 mill we owe ourselves basically.

We could afford a new striker but finding one that would fit in is not easy.

Francis Albert

25 mill we owe ourselves basically.

We could afford a new striker but finding one that would fit in is not easy.

The money for a strker and his wages would have to come from somewhere, wouldn't it? Or does Vlad have one of those money tree things?

How much would Adam Rooney Cost us?

Pennies in the grand scheme of things. Maybe not the best striker in the world but he's been scoring regularly in the spl. Thats more than you can say about our strikers...

Adam Rooney is just an example. Vlad should be investing. He's about to buy a frickin russian club so he's no skint.

The money for a strker and his wages would have to come from somewhere, wouldn't it? Or does Vlad have one of those money tree things?

Indeed it would. And of course, the wage bill you mentioned has to be brought completely under control over the next couple of years, otherwise we won't be allowed to play in European competition.

We're spending too much as it is, and remain a club looking to develop players and sell them on for profit. Such is life, even when we're enjoying as good a season as this.

How much would Adam Rooney Cost us?

Pennies in the grand scheme of things. Maybe not the best striker in the world but he's been scoring regularly in the spl. Thats more than you can say about our strikers...

Adam Rooney is just an example. Vlad should be investing. He's about to buy a frickin russian club so he's no skint.

Mr Romanov has already invested and yet you want more.... :blink:

Johanes de Silentio

Discuss.

My my - you really are a greedy Jambo aren't you? :blink:

Three points is fine by me! :thumbsup:

Can see the point that the OP is making (I think??)

However

Just sticking the hand in the purse for a new striker is hugely unlikely TBH.

There are plenty enough front men in the squad already and it's JJ's job to get them on form. This being the key word.

Problem Officer?

Another couple of goals would of been nice but at least we were creating a lot more good chances today which we haven't done as much in recent games.

I'll happily take the 3 points though which were pretty comfortable in the end.

Well, if we want better than 3rd and we're not signing anyone then Elliot or one of the other strikers needs to step up and start bangin them in regularly, starting right about now!!

Here's hoping :)

Mr Romanov has already invested and yet you want more.... :blink:

To be honest so would I. If you are happy to rest on your laurels you show little or no ambition. Obviously if you have no money you cant invest.

Its the same question we asked at the end of 2006, invest and we could go on and upwards. But we didn't and look at us now.

Won nothing since and only relatively successful this season due to a combination of JJ's management and the worst SPL in years plus the old firm struggling in the transfer market.

Johanes de Silentio

Well, if we want better than 3rd and we're not signing anyone then Elliot or one of the other strikers needs to step up and start bangin them in regularly, starting right about now!!

Here's hoping :)

JJ was saying that Elliot has been carrying a wee achilles injury - I'm not sure if he's ever been fully fit - let's hope he's able to shake of the injusries, and that he can find some real scoring form. :thumbsup:

One good thing today was that we created chances, which we havn't done for a few games! :thumbsup:

The next thing is to convert them - wee Robbo is still helping out, so :thumbsup:

It's a bit frustrating though that other clubs are stregnthening their squads for the remainder of the season and we're not. I'm not looking at signing two or three players on long contracts, i'm talking about bringing in a player on loan or on a short-term contract, just one or two to freshen things up. Who's to say that Kyle won't be out longer than expected and it coinsides with a real lack of goals towards the end of the season when someone should've been brought in.

Agreed. When you look at the striker options normally on the bench, eg Eliot and Glen, it doesn't really fill me with hope.

Fair enough Elliot and Glen aren't brilliant but Clum was getting a few at the start of the season, and recently we were trailing to killie-glen on and we score 2 goals, glen came on and we score against rangers, he did well today chasing, closing down- so he's not that bad.

But i do think we need a physical striker as kyles out, obua and stevenson arent the answer.

Skacel and Elliott need to bury there chances.

I don't think a striker is a massive priority if Kyle is due back soon. We coped quite well today.

Obviously if Kyle is going to be out for the a few months then a replacement would be nice.

So could I but I am a crap footballer.

not just those two points, my point was he changed the game at killie and linked up well with elliott, did well vs rangers and today. so he might not be great but he's doing ok and we won today.

We as fans have a say. Lets put our opinions across instead of just going... oh we're doing better than last year...

Rangers and Celtic are there for the taking. JJ and the team have done there part in getting us this close.

Man up and grow some balls ffs. Settling for 3rd is the hibs thing to do.

I should close this thread as certain people obviously took the wrong tablet today.

But it would be against the rules if you did!! :whistling:

Settling for 3rd is the hibs thing to do.

For the record, Hibs have finished in the top three a laughable three times since 1976. Over the same period, Hearts have finished in the top three on ten occasions (four of these being as high as 2nd), and 2010/11 is, barring disaster, going to be the eleventh.

The Hearts thing to do is make the best of what we have, give it everything we've got, and be happy with a great campaign and stupendous improvement on last season. The Hibs thing to do is to fail utterly, very possibly get relegated and, er, that's it.

Kenny miller is gettin paid 50k a week for his goals

Anyone got a spare 50k a week?

We are still pissin over the rest in the league

We are hearts

The Eliot(t)s have got for and 5 goals already, Kyle has 6, Rudi and Temps have 7 and Stevenson 3.

I can see Kyle, Temps, Rudi and Sleeves all geting around 12- 15 with Driver making a late push for double figures. Suso will get a few as well. That will be enough goals.

Having Kyle out is a blow. However if we are prepared to play a slightly different balance up front we can field Driver, Eliott, Templeton up front. Surely there would be goals in that line up? Esp with Rudi in behind?

A bit of bad luck at the moment. Suso, Elliott and Skacel (2x) had good scoring chances that on other days may have been goals. I still feel that Glen has goals in him.

Proven strikers do not come free. Hearts will just have to persevere with the strikers they have.

Miller Jambo 60

Discuss.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Problem Officer?

We're going through a barren patch I'd say. Even Celtic went on one earlier in the season.

Had we managed to get a 2nd goal today we would have won by three or four. As it was St. Johnstone just concentrated on keeping the score at 1-0 and then attacked in the last ten minutes.

Agreed.

Archived