Rangers Fans chants at Rudi

Hearts of Vladland

Printing the lyrics to the song and, just for clarification, reminding people what tune they need to put those words to?

Good idea guys. Thats the last we've heard from this song.

Sexton Hardcastle

Skacel said late last year it was "silly" for Riordan to sing it, and that the song has no place in football.

He said: "I think this is something silly because probably he's never been in school. He doesn't seem to know where is Czech Republic and where is Prague.

"My parents are teachers. To help his education, maybe they can make some lessons for him. They're geography teachers, by the way.

"Other people were more upset than me; they thought it was a form of racism. But it's not correct what he did and it should not be involved in football, which is a great game.

"Hibs sent me a letter saying sorry, but he never said anything to me afterwards, nor in last derby when you saw what he did. Maybe some people like to think that was Refugees vs Scots, but who won?"

First time i've heard of this.

Some boy

An SPL spokeswoman said they will look into the behaviour of the fans involved, and decide what action to take, if it is reported in their match delegate's match report.

Surely this shows why the SFA is such a backwards organisation. You just have to watch the tv footage to hear it being sung, however if the match delegate cant be bothered to write it up, or he was out taking a piss at the time, then in the eyes of the SFA it never happened.

What a joke of an organisation.

As has been said before. To have opposition fans singing songs about you you must be doing somthing right.

Rudi has too much class to let this sort of thing bother him. :thumbsup:

The report is wrong.

It was being sung in the 1st half and Rudi nonchalantly waved at the Orcs in response.

Printing the lyrics to the song and, just for clarification, reminding people what tune they need to put those words to?

Good idea guys. Thats the last we've heard from this song.

My thoughts exactly. How stupid can these people get?

I'm not one for bombarding journalists with emails but if there was a name attached to that article I'd sure as hell be contacting them about it. Bleedin idiots.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Rangers-urged-to-carry-out.6700713.jp

Can't see 3,500 people being banned can you? Good to see that they are being pressured though.

Rangers are still under investigation from the SFA for sectarian chanting in their fixture at Inverness in the first match of season 2007/08! We still await the report and findings on that one. Not holding my breath on this one.

Given that its "Racist and Sectarian behaviour" that is banned from Tynecastle and other grounds, will Hearts look into why one of us was waving a Red Hand of Ulster Flag and chanting in the lower section of the main stand?

Are we not above that type of behaviour?

Let them sing it. All it does is show them up for what they are.

Its a stupid song anyway - makes no real sense. A refugee? Based on what exactly?

It clearly doesnt bother Skacel, so lets not get all high and mighty about it.

We had a spell of the SPL trying to censor certain songs and what not and it was frankly embarrassing. There will never be the consistency to be able to say whats acceptable and whats not..... just let fans be their own judge of what is and isnt fair game to sing about.

If der hun and the scaffs from lochend want to sing about refugees or people being dead, then let them do so - says more about them than us, and i seriously doubt any of us lose any sleep over such sing songs.

You have to laugh at the ignorance of the chant though, bearing in mind the Czech Rep is in the EU and Rangers even had a zech interntaional once. Sionko wasnt it? Idiots. Its like when morons label Polish people asylum seekers or illegal immigrants. It's in the EU you tards.

Commander Harris

Derek Riordan is to blame for the prominence of this song, it's only known by clubs outwith scummy hibs because of him. This should not have been tolerated in the way it was at the time; the lack of action from hibs or the footballing authorities as well as the lack of significant condemnation in the press etc, has given the impression that this sort of thing is acceptable.

scottish_chicP

You have to laugh at the ignorance of the chant though, bearing in mind the Czech Rep is in the EU and Rangers even had a zech interntaional once. Sionko wasnt it? Idiots. Its like when morons label Polish people asylum seekers or illegal immigrants. It's in the EU you tards.

I've lost count of the number of times I have had to repeat this to Hibs and Rangers (on Saturday night) fans. Just shows you how dumb they really are.

Its a stupid song anyway - makes no real sense. A refugee? Based on what exactly?

We had a spell of the SPL trying to censor certain songs and what not and it was frankly embarrassing. There will never be the consistency to be able to say whats acceptable and whats not..... just let fans be their own judge of what is and isnt fair game to sing about.

If der hun and the scaffs from lochend want to sing about refugees or people being dead, then let them do so - says more about them than us, and i seriously doubt any of us lose any sleep over such sing songs.

It's racism, pure and simple.

You don't need to get high and mighty to take issue with that and you certainly don't need need to wait for other people to be the judge of what is and isn't acceptable when it comes to racism either.

Patrick Bateman

Rangers should be hauled over the coals for this and their Protestant supremacist nonsense. But they won't because this is Scotland and we're still struggling to slither out of the 18th century on such fronts. Apparently the SFA would be quite happy to repeatedly warn Rangers without any hint of a fine or points deduction; it happens in other countries but not here. it really is Scotland's shame.

The report is wrong.

It was being sung in the 1st half and Rudi nonchalantly waved at the Orcs in response.

no, you're wrong. definately second half. we should really thank them, cause i thought for the 10 minutes that followed his performance improved

Now, i dont remember peoples posting history but it would be interesting to see if anyone is demanding rangers are punished for this racism but are th people who dubbed some of us the PC brigade for not wanting the N word etc at football.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

*Rudi Skacel: "Refugee" becuase he is from EU nation Czech Republic.

*Larry kingston: 'Looky-Looky Man' who "sells watches on the beach", because he is African.

*Christian Nade: 'Fat Eddie Murphy', because he is black.

What a classy bunch... Excellent form too by the filthy Govan tramps to sing Hibs songs when they have plenty players from Eastern European countries in their team.

Hibs and Rangers, battling it out for the filthiest and most disgusting fans in Scotland award? Who'd have thunk it... Just need the Green Brigade to cotton on to this one aswell and the we will have the full-house. :ermm:

Rudi applauded them, gave them the thumbs up and laughed at them, as if to say 'morons'. It was hilarious, and if anything, fired Rudi up even more.

Lynn :ninja:

An SPL spokeswoman said they will look into the behaviour of the fans involved, and decide what action to take, if it is reported in their match delegate's match report.

Well that's case closed then, not that it was ever actually open.

no, you're wrong. definately second half. we should really thank them, cause i thought for the 10 minutes that followed his performance improved

Yep, Rudi lifted his game after the abuse. And after the barney with McGregor and the ref.

I thought that he looked a bit unfit but raised his game because he is a great team player. :thumb:

Patrick Bateman

Well that's case closed then, not that it was ever actually open.

Given that this season has shown that officials will happily lie their way through match reports, perhaps the SPL should grow a set and tackle racism head on? It won't happen, of course. Coincidently, I wonder if this sort of targeted racism is found in England these days? Probably not.

Considering the history of the founders of Hibs I've always thought that it would require a massive irony bypass for hibs fans to sing this song but then they're not the sharpest tools in the box.

Normally I would agree with Erik's point about not getting too precious about this sort of thing but in this case I suspect the song has little to do with where Skacel comes from.

Aye, you're probably right. I was going on my hazy recollections anyway.

it will have been a tiny minority who aren't real rangers fans. the ones from the wider rangers support who always manage to attach themselves to the club.

i'm sure if you listen to it really intently you'll be able to hear a vague english accent to it.

martin bain knows about these things.

kingantti1874

The Czech republic is probably a nicer place to live than Scotland- certainly glasgow anyway and the birds are second to none. The least said about Scotland on that front the better, no wonder rudi pisses himself everyone some group of flanges start singing this nonsense

it will have been a tiny minority who aren't real rangers fans. the ones from the wider rangers support who always manage to attach themselves to the club.

i'm sure if you listen to it really intently you'll be able to hear a vague english accent to it.

martin bain knows about these things.

Be fair. Chelsea fans have been known to attach themselves to lots of scottish clubs as an excuse to spout racist drivel for a long time.

Patrick Bateman

The Hun reaction to this is hilarious. Apparently the fact folk are disgusted at this is a sign of 'Timothy controlling the establishment' - These subhumans can't even see they are the same as their bigoted brethren. Honestly, what do we do about 'people' like this in our society? For anyone interested in fascistfascist.net... http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?t=727763

Guest Dr. Pepper

*Rudi Skacel: "Refugee" becuase he is from EU nation Czech Republic.

*Larry kingston: 'Looky-Looky Man' who "sells watches on the beach", because he is African.

*Christian Nade: 'Fat Eddie Murphy', because he is black.

What a classy bunch... Excellent form too by the filthy Govan tramps to sing Hibs songs when they have plenty players from Eastern European countries in their team.

Hibs and Rangers, battling it out for the filthiest and most disgusting fans in Scotland award? Who'd have thunk it... Just need the Green Brigade to cotton on to this one aswell and the we will have the full-house. :ermm:

*Zemmammamama: Terrorist because he is from a Muslim country

*Cha Du-Ri: Eats dogs because he is from the Far East

Hearts fans cant take the moral high ground here IMO

It's racism, pure and simple.

You don't need to get high and mighty to take issue with that and you certainly don't need need to wait for other people to be the judge of what is and isn't acceptable when it comes to racism either.

Sorry dude, but cant agree with you at all.

Its a chant. One designed to cause offence. Whether it actually offends is another matter, but anyone who wants to read any more in to it that that needs their heads read.

Amusing though - Weegie team refer to player as a refugee based on an assumption about the place he comes from.

Vile. Disgusting. Racist. Unacceptable. Outrage ya de ya de ya.

Edinburgh team refer to all from weegieville as smelly, assume that they all collect a giro, assume that all have parents who are dealers and stealers, assume that all live in slums and bin rake for food, and eat dead rats.

Thats ok. Allowable. Acceptable. Non-discriminatory. Just 'banter'.

The double standards in what is and isnt ok when it comes to football chants is embarrassing. I'd argue that there was a case for a player of a team being caught participating in such things as being unacceptable. But the mock outrage over what comes out of the terraces / stands........ give me a break.

That said, if you sat up on Saturday night unable to sleep as a result of what those vile bad men at the football sung, then you have my sincerest sympathies dude, you really do.

One final question..... lets say in some hypothetical make believe world the OF cleaned up their act. Stopped singing about terrorists or famines or refugees or politics or historical non football related events, stopped moaning about the SFA and claiming corruption and whatever other things they do to make us hate them................... would you then sit back and say that they were thoroughly good chaps? And if not, why not? What reason would you have to hate them if they cleaned up their act? The idea of football without rivalry would probably encourage me to take up tiddly winks instead.

Its a chant. One designed to cause offence. Whether it actually offends is another matter, but anyone who wants to read any more in to it that that needs their heads read.

Amusing though - Weegie team refer to player as a refugee based on an assumption about the place he comes from.

Edinburgh team refer to all from weegieville as smelly, assume that they all collect a giro, assume that all have parents who are dealers and stealers, assume that all live in slums and bin rake for food, and eat dead rats.

The double standards in what is and isnt ok when it comes to football chants is embarrassing. I'd argue that there was a case for a player of a team being caught participating in such things as being unacceptable. But the mock outrage over what comes out of the terraces / stands........ give me a break.

That said, if you sat up on Saturday night unable to sleep as a result of what those vile bad men at the football sung, then you have my sincerest sympathies dude, you really do.

One final question..... lets say in some hypothetical make believe world the OF cleaned up their act. Stopped singing about terrorists or famines or refugees or politics or historical non football related events, stopped moaning about the SFA and claiming corruption and whatever other things they do to make us hate them................... would you then sit back and say that they were thoroughly good chaps? And if not, why not? What reason would you have to hate them if they cleaned up their act? The idea of football without rivalry would probably encourage me to take up tiddly winks instead.

:)

There's one person in this scenario getting upset and it certainly isn't me.

I don't know where you're going with this argument so I'm simply going to repeat what I said earlier - racism is wrong and has no place in football.

It's worrying that you seem to think that this is what rivalry is about....

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Thankfully I have never been unlucky enough to sit next to someone who sings these songs and as such never really noticed their existence outside of posts on message boards... Even at away matches I have never noticed these songs being sung en-masse... Maybe I was too drunk or dare I say it 'normal' to notice.

Do the above songs really get belted out by thousands like the Refugee song was by Rangers and Hibs? genuinely interested. :huh:

Yes this is mild racism but Rudi himself was not nearly as wound up about it as some on here appear to be. He is too classy to be affected by such idiocy. Im pretty sure nothing will be done about it and to be honest, i dont really care.

As the great man said; some may have seen this as refugees vs scots but who won?

mahgrassyshoes

Thankfully I have never been unlucky enough to sit next to someone who sings these songs and as such never really noticed their existence outside of posts on message boards... Even at away matches I have never noticed these songs being sung en-masse... Maybe I was too drunk or dare I say it 'normal' to notice.

Do the above songs really get belted out by thousands like the Refugee song was by Rangers and Hibs? genuinely interested. :huh:

Must admit I've never heard either of those particular songs being sung. However, Shoot Zemmama could be seen as racist. It certainly doesn't allow for acceptance for other cultures.

This. Listen lets not beat about the bush. Ive heard far worse come from some of the dafties that inhibit Tynecastle every other saturday.

Guest Dr. Pepper

Whether "Merouane Zemmama wears a towel on his head" is in the Hearts song book or not, I cant see the difference between someone singing a racist song and someone shouting a racist comment. Racism is racism, ken?

Guest vanbasten1874

Spot on it makes you wonder what planet some of our righteous posters live on shit happens life is pain learn to enjoy it !

Having never heard any of this being sung I can only imagine you're playing devil's advocate here.

So because some morons may or may not sing racist songs about other players means it's alright for others to sing (en-masse) racist songs at our players? Interesting.

Must admit I've never heard either of those particular songs being sung. However, Shoot Zemmama could be seen as racist. It certainly doesn't allow for acceptance for other cultures.

It's a Kasabian lyric and it fits with his name. I've genuinely never thought it meant anything more than that.

Guns/shooting don't really fit anyway.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Whether "Merouane Zemmama wears a towel on his head" is in the Hearts song book or not, I cant see the difference between someone singing a racist song and someone shouting a racist comment. Racism is racism, ken?

The towel bit is a new one that you have just added... Equally a new one on me full stop.

I have never heard the two previous songs that you know of about him and Du Ri.

I have heard the (shoot) Zemamma thing shouted by all of two people in the section where I sit but... is that racist? Offensive in that shooting someone is not very nice granted but... racist? perhaps it is and I just do not get it... please explain. :blink:

Governor Tarkin

Correct.

Spot on it makes you wonder what planet some of our righteous posters live on shit happens life is pain learn to enjoy it !

Complaining about racism makes you self-righteous?

unsure.gif

mahgrassyshoes

It's a Kasabian lyric and it fits with his name. I've genuinely never thought it meant anything more than that.

Guns/shooting don't really fit anyway.

Sorry, i was meaning more the song that starts with shoot zemmama and refers to teh age of his wife. Has also been sung about Glasgow celtic. Woah-oh-oh -oh-oh-oh-oh...

kingantti1874

Specifically to reply to the cha du to one, it's is an absolute fact that Koreans ad people from the far east eat dogs... How that can be construed as offensive I don't know... Would you be offended if you went to china and they went-ooh your Scottish you eat haggis? - no I don't think so... Fwiw I generally think everyone in the world is far too easily offended, I went to wembley at euro 96 and was called a Scottish *****, or a dirty jock or however many other insults too many times to mention... People need to grow a spine

Rudi has the right attitude here - Czech and proud of it - who gives a **** what a bunch of weegies illiterates (see what I did there) sing...

What are these?

I've heard paedo jibes and 'Shoot Zemmama' at that one, nothing about terrorism?

Never heard any song about Cha.

I've never sung the dog song but I've certainly heard it (I sit in section G).

Never heard any songs about Zemmama and terrorists but one guy who used to sit next me (who was Scottish but of Asian origin) used to constantly call him a suicide bomber. :mellow: Just thought it was strange that someone who's family must have been immigrants here at some point would be so ignorant.

Archived