Hibs to get relegated?

JBHearts

only wanting hearts to win and hibs to lose

yeah very weird aint it

Hearts win - no argument.

Wanting any result that disadvantages hearts, yeah that's weird.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So judging by some fans small-minded thinking if the scenario was Hearts needed Hibs to beat Rangers for us to win the league, if they didn't Rangers would win it. Then some fans would be wanting Hibs to lose?

Correct me if I am wrong?

fingers finest

Hearts win - no argument.

Wanting any result that disadvantages hearts, yeah that's weird.

hearts fate is in hearts hands

if we are at a disadvantage this season come may it will be our own fault,not beating dundee utd and st j at tynie the loss to mwell at tynie etc etc

south morocco

So judging by some fans small-minded thinking if the scenario was Hearts needed Hibs to beat Rangers for us to win the league, if they didn't Rangers would win it. Then some fans would be wanting Hibs to lose?

Correct me if I am wrong?

weird steaua man indeed

hearts fate is in hearts hands

if we are at a disadvantage this season come may it will be our own fault,not beating dundee utd and st j at tynie the loss to mwell at tynie etc etc

....and your opinion on St Mirren?

detest them.your point?

Hearts fate in 1986 was in our own hands but we ended up needing another team (St.Mirren) to do us a favour. They didn't.

Would I have accepted winning the league in 1986 because, despite losing to Dundee, St.Mirren had kept the score down. Too fecking right I would.

If we win the league because Hibs do us a favour and take points off Rangers, I'd take that, quite happily.

fingers finest

Hearts fate in 1986 was in our own hands but we ended up needing another team (St.Mirren) to do us a favour. They didn't.

Would I have accepted winning the league in 1986 because, despite losing to Dundee, St.Mirren had kept the score down. Too fecking right I would.

If we win the league because Hibs do us a favour and take points off Rangers, I'd take that, quite happily.

St mirren should have went out to try win a football match,however they went out to get beat and beat big for that i detest them.

If hibs DO manage to beat rangers on wed (dont think they will) we still need to beat celtic in order for us to benefit.

If hibs DO manage to beat rangers on wed (dont think they will) we still need to beat celtic in order for us to benefit.

It's a competition over 38 matches; any time our competitors drop points is to our benefit.

If Hibs do manage to beat Rangers on Wednesday, and I hope they do as it will benefit Hearts and I am more concerned about our success than their misfortune, then the victory will be a hollow one for Hibs fans as it will have done us a favour. And with most of them being more concerned about their rivals misfortunes than any success they have it will hurt them.

St mirren should have went out to try win a football match,however they went out to get beat and beat big for that i detest them.

So would you have accepted the benefits of a decent St.Mirren performance? If so, why wouldn't you want the benefits of a Hibs "performance"?

I agree but for one of the few times in my life, I hope I'm wrong

Earlier in the week, there were quite a few people saying they don't want Hibs to get relegated, because they'd miss the derby too much. Bollocks to that. I want Hibs to go down and keep falling: but not if it means Hearts don't win the league.

In my opinion, if you hate Hibs more than you love Hearts, there's something seriously wrong. And the fact of the matter is that, given however magnificent a run we're on, we've not suddenly become Barcelona, we'll drop points between now and the end of the season, meaning we'll need other sides to take points off the OF. That is the reality.

So I'm going to repeat the entirely apposite question posed by AndriusG earlier in the thread. If on the final day of the season, Hibs were two points adrift at the bottom, Hearts two points behind Rangers at the top, and Hibs were playing Rangers, would you want Hibs to win their match or not? My money's on a total no show in answer to this - because to say 'no' would indeed mark anyone out as an absalute ******* roaster.

Calling JBHearts, tinydancer and fingers finest. It's a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer. Oh, and for the record, I hope Hibs absolutely destroy Rangers in midweek; and I'm not going to walk around in sackcloth and ashes, beating myself over the head with a big stick for saying so. :)

I hope Hibs absolutely destroy Rangers in midweek

Bit much mate.

A spawny 1-0 with a late, dodgy penalty or a McCulloch OG would be fine.

Bit much mate.

It would - but I'm greedy, and would like Rangers' goal difference ruined thanks. Any Jambo recalling our history would understand why.

Thing is though, as you said earlier, it's all academic. Because Hibs have about as much chance of beating Rangers as Fat Mikey does of extracting his tongue from Mr Petrie's posterior.

Earlier in the week, there were quite a few people saying they don't want Hibs to get relegated, because they'd miss the derby too much. Bollocks to that. I want Hibs to go down and keep falling: but not if it means Hearts don't win the league.

In my opinion, if you hate Hibs more than you love Hearts, there's something seriously wrong. And the fact of the matter is that, given however magnificent a run we're on, we've not suddenly become Barcelona, we'll drop points between now and the end of the season, meaning we'll need other sides to take points off the OF. That is the reality.

So I'm going to repeat the entirely apposite question posed by AndriusG earlier in the thread. If on the final day of the season, Hibs were two points adrift at the bottom, Hearts two points behind Rangers at the top, and Hibs were playing Rangers, would you want Hibs to win their match or not? My money's on a total no show in answer to this - because to say 'no' would indeed mark anyone out as an absalute ******* roaster.

Calling JBHearts, tinydancer and fingers finest. It's a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer. Oh, and for the record, I hope Hibs absolutely destroy Rangers in midweek; and I'm not going to walk around in sackcloth and ashes, beating myself over the head with a big stick for saying so. :)

Anyone who would say no to this is about as much a Hearts fan as big Eck Salmond.

:laugh:

But seriously, you'd have to be an absolute ******* to think otherwise. Unfortunately, it would seem we do have some *******s following Hearts.

Bit much mate.

Agreed.

With a really unfortunate collision between Ian Murray and Steven Naismith, meaning both players leave the ground in an ambulance.

Plenty other teams capable of doing that and we've still to play Rangers twice.

We don't need favours from anybody, especially not Hibs.

I dont think youve got a handle on how a league works mate.

Your final position is determined firstly of course, by your own results, but secondy and just as importantly, by the results of every other team in the league.

Lets not forget that we are still BEHIND Rangers and Celtic. Two teams well known for being able to grind it out right to the end of the season. Two teams well capable of going 10-12 games without losing and mostly winning. We WILL need them to lose or draw some games. We NEED favours( if thats what you want to call them) from other teams.

Every time Rangers and Celtic play for the next few weeks I for one will be hoping and praying that they lose or draw at best. I will be wanting the opposition to win no matter who they are. Thats the only sensible position you can take when you're third and hot on the heels of Rangers and Celtic.

Any other view is narrow minded, parochial, very childish and frankly, fecking stupid.

Agreed.

With a really unfortunate collision between Ian Murray and Steven Naismith, meaning both players leave the ground in an ambulance.

May I draw your attention to the forum rules on wishing injury on players ?

Thanks

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Jeezo........... thought it was only Hibs supporters who's greatest footballing moments involved their biggest rivals failings rather than their own success. :blink:

:thumbsup:

Seemingly a Hearts failure is a Hibs success therefore their cabinet will be reasonably full.

The simple logic for them is as long as Hearts dont finish third then everything is ok despite the fact they COULD be relegated.

Remember 1985/86 ? (ha ha who doesn't) they still gloat over Hearts' failure to win the League despite the fact they finished 3rd bottom 8 points off 2nd bottom, did they care ? did they hell and they still dismiss their own teams demise.

For the record and in my opinion Hearts will not be anywhere near winning the league this season the best i think will be third, pessimistic ? realistic ? i don't know i'll just take it game by game.

I want Rangers to spank the Hibs at Easter Rd so much they'll not know what's hit them, Hearts will need to beat the Bheggars simple as that.

Apologies to fellow Kickbackers who oppose to my opinion and for referring the celtic as the Bheggars. :ermm:

With respect Shaun, it's pretty easy for you to make a statement like that as for obvious reasons you don't get to the games regularly.

If Hibs went down I wouldn't shed any tears but I would feel sad that the following season(s) I would be deprived of my favourite fixture.

Beating Hibs and enjoying the bragging rights is a HUGE part of being a Hearts fan.

May I draw your attention to the forum rules on wishing injury on players ?

Thanks

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Yes please, which rule is that?

Thanks.

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Yes please, which rule is that?

Thanks.

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

The one that the Mod team roll out every now and again but isnt actually written in the rules. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

The one that the Mod team roll out every now and again but isnt actually written in the rules. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

So there is no such rule?

In answer to your question, no, you cannot draw my attention to the rule. :thumbsup:

Any chance we can go back to the topic now?

Thanks muchly.

So there is no such rule?

In answer to your question, no, you cannot draw my attention to the rule. :thumbsup:

Any chance we can go back to the topic now?

Thanks muchly.

Ah right.....going off topic. I think that IS a rule thats written down too !!

So where were we......ah yes....wishing injuries on people.

Dont you think its a bit cliched and a bit childish ?

And speaking of Hibs being relegated, to get fully back on topic. I assume you still hold the view that Hibs being beaten takes priority over results that would potentially benefit Hearts ?

Ah right.....going off topic. I think that IS a rule thats written down too !!

So where were we......ah yes....wishing injuries on people.

Dont you think its a bit cliched and a bit childish ?

:sigh:

Thought you were brighter than that OAG, but, just this once, I'll walk you down the path.

Do I seriously want another human being to have such a bad injury? Not really, I am just not like that. However, as there is no rule precluding jocular comments, I made a jocular comment.

Just to be clear, I don't care whether you like it or not. :thumbsup:

A suggestion from ol' Husref though; Lighten up a bit, it's only a computer website thingmyjig. We won yesterday and you are bringing the seethe. Enjoy it, you cannot be that grumpy today.

And speaking of Hibs being relegated, to get fully back on topic. I assume you still hold the view that Hibs being beaten takes priority over results that would potentially benefit Hearts ?

Seriously, I credit you with more intelligence than this.

As I recall, this discussion started when we were a sizeable points difference ahead of Dundee United and it was my opinion that a Hibs defeat would not impact on our position. Hibs got beat and it went okay for us, I was right. Do I recall correctly?

I'll judge each situation on it's merits, thanks.

Given this, any defeat or loss of points for the Glasgow two is crucial to our situation. We are behind both clubs at the moment and I have absolutely no problem in saying that a Hibs win against R@ng*rs or C*lt!c is of benefit to Hearts.

:sigh:

Thought you were brighter than that OAG, but, just this once, I'll walk you down the path.

Do I seriously want another human being to have such a bad injury? Not really, I am just not like that. However, as there is no rule precluding jocular comments, I made a jocular comment.

Just to be clear, I don't care whether you like it or not. :thumbsup:

A suggestion from ol' Husref though; Lighten up a bit, it's only a computer website thingmyjig. We won yesterday and you are bringing the seethe. Enjoy it, you cannot be that grumpy today.

Your not very good at spotting jocular yourself are you ? :rolleyes:

Your not very good at spotting jocular yourself are you ? :rolleyes:

You were trying to have a wee joke? Good stuff OAG, you aren't as stuffy and stuck up as I thought.

You are now back on my "like" list. :)

You were trying to have a wee joke? Good stuff OAG, you aren't as stuffy and stuck up as I thought.

You are now back on my "like" list. :)

Cheers mate. Be careful about the disrespectful remarks though mate. Its rule No 1 mate. :woot:

Archived