Kilmarnock v HMFC - Match Thread

Armageddon

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We didn't not approach the game in the correct manner.

We will tonight.

I Hope so.

I also hope we signing another striker because when you start to rely on David Obua the games a bogey!

So:

Kello

Eggy--------Bouzid-------Zal-------Wallace

Black---Mrowiec---Ruben

Templeton-------------------------Novikovas

Obua

Happy with that to be fair, considering!
:thumbsup:

Obua had a good spell up front under Jefferies at the end of last season. People seem to have forgotten that.

Decent team considering arguably our three most important players are out injured. Certainly good enough to beat Kilmarnock.

If you actually watched him he didn't really, his tap in in the Derby clouds a lot of things. His overall play was pretty poor even in that period.

Morgaro Gomis

Obua had a good spell up front under Jefferies at the end of last season. People seem to have forgotten that.

Decent team considering arguably our three most important players are out injured. Certainly good enough to beat Kilmarnock.

When you say good spell, that was one or two games, and it seemed good considering what we had to put up with last season i.e Nade.

I agree its a decent team, however, I believe people are being naive when they come out with comments such as; "Certainly good enough to beat Kilmarnock" as they haven't had their run of good form for no reason, and they also aren't fourth in the league for no reason. We should win the game, but given the injuries, it will be no means easy.

I hope we put in a good team performance, every player playing for one another, and that the players show the desire needed. If we do that, I feel we will win. If we expect to win, we may face a repeat of the first game (result, not scoreline).

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

If you actually watched him he didn't really, his tap in in the Derby clouds a lot of things. His overall play was pretty poor even in that period.

I bring you back to the derby at Tynecastle in March. He was immense that day, his best performance for Hearts by a mile. He formed a decent partnership with Glen and put in a lot of hard work. The guy will never be a natural goalscorer but he is the only person in the squad who is similar to Kyle and was the only reasonable option to replace him if we were wanting to stick with a similar style to that we've been using.

So:

Kello

Eggy--------Bouzid-------Zal-------Wallace

Black---Mrowiec---Ruben

Templeton-------------------------Novikovas

Obua

Happy with that to be fair, considering!

Nailed it swanny. I think Ruben may drift wide and help out lee and novi a fair bit. Obviously not a fantastic side but could be dangerous on both wings.

winston churchill

Pretty positive looking line up you have to say.

the defence and midfield look okay.

the question is.

will the obua be able to hold the ball up and play in the wingers

Great to see Lee Wallace back in the side.

Should add that I do worry about a lack of numbers breaking forward into the box for when Novikovas and Temps go wide and cross it in.

With 3 sitting midfielders there will only be Obua in the middle to convert, and I can't see him bursting a gut to get there.

Obua MUST hold up the ball to get Novikovas and Templeton into the game.

He is key to how we perform tonight in my opinion.

I think Kilmarnock will be in so much shock that Obua is the loan striker that they're defence will be all over the place!

haha.

I feel sorry for the fans who have went through.

To travel through there on a cold winter night & find out that Obua is our goal threat.

:justno:

:seething:

:mmtaxi:

:clarification:

:vrface::facepalm::vrface::facepalm::vrface::facepalm:

Any idea who is on the bench?

Subs: MacDonald, C Thomson, Barr, Stevenson, Glen, Elliott, McGowan

Thats pure fantasy.

We should pull up the MOTM polls from that spell, im sure he won more than a couple. Both derbys spring to mind.

To travel through there on a cold winter night & find out that Obua is our goal threat.

Jesus ******* wept.

Nowt like getting behind someone eh?

Obua MUST hold up the ball to get Novikovas and Templeton into the game.

He is key to how we perform tonight in my opinion.

I recall JJ having Obua playing like a man possessed at Easter Road.

Or was it just one of those games when objectivity flies out the window and you end up thinking everyone was brilliant?!

Jesus ******* wept.

Done it many a time.

Had enough of giving piss poor players my backing only to be let down time after time, after time........

I suppose you have to be an uber fan to see that shite isn't actually shite.

alwaysthereinspirit

It cant be all bad. There are so called football connoisseurs on here who would have you believe he's just not suited to the Scottish game. Put him in say Italy or Germany or even Holland and the man would thrive.

Done it many a time.

Had enough of giving piss poor players my backing only to be let down time after time, after time........

I suppose you have to be an uber fan to see that shite isn't actually shite.

Not really, I don't rate him that highly.

Just way OOT.

Still, keeps you happy,

With that lineup I just hope we can hold out for a 0-0 draw, as I can't see us scoring unless they put through their own net.

I'm expecting the worst, but hoping to be surprised. My gut feeling is a 2-0 or 3-0 defeat.

FFS this place is like ipumpmysisterwhosactuallymymother.net tonight.

The line up is a lot more positive than I thought it would be and I am very confident of a result tonight.

Big Davey O will be a handful and will distract their defenders for Novi and Temps to exploit the space and bang in the goals.

2-0 to the mighty JT's thumbsup.gif

Anyone rubbishing this and being a negative nelly should be instantly banned IMO biggrin.gif

Jesus ******* wept.

For all his faults put a good cross in the box and Obua will get on the end of it, maybe even better than Kyle, and with Temps and Novi on the wings he'll have his chances.

2-0 Temps and Obua

With that lineup I just hope we can hold out for a 0-0 draw, as I can't see us scoring unless they put through their own net.

I'm expecting the worst, but hoping to be surprised. My gut feeling is a 2-0 or 3-0 defeat.

If we concede 3 goals with 7 defensive players on the park they should all be shot.

I take it you've been nowhere near a game this season?

If we concede 3 goals with 7 defensive players on the park they should all be shot.

Think people are forgetting that we have our first choice backline with a nice tidy midfield who won't give much away, just got to hope they click up front

alwaysthereinspirit

For all his faults put a good cross in the box and Obua will get on the end of it, maybe even better than Kyle, and with Temps and Novi on the wings he'll have his chances.

2-0 Temps and Obua

Dont take this the wrong way but am I reading

"for all his faults blah blah blah...he's better than Kyle"

It was this bit that got me:

Obua will get on the end of it, maybe even better than Kyle

:what:

to be fair i think the team still looks still strong tonight. We have some players to come off the bench if need and i am happy we are playing with temps and nova. plenty of stuff going forward! come on the hearts!

Sammon on the bench for Killie...... If I hadnt have seen our attacking line up I might have felt quite confident.. <_<

Think people are forgetting that we have our first choice backline with a nice tidy midfield who won't give much away, just got to hope they click up front

Yep, they are all first pick players in midfield and at the back. Killie zero looks on the cards, just hope we can nick one.

Not saying he's better than Kyle but from what I've seen this season derby aside been disappointed with Kyle when it comes to getting on the end of a cross he puts a lot over the bar, Obua IMO gets more on target

obua will score tonight

it's more about him putting in the effort. Tonight could well be about winning the battle more than anything. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't think he gives as much as Kyle would.

I'm nowhere near Obua's biggest fan but I'm 100% backing him tonight, and every other hearts player on the pitch. Team sheet looks impressive despite injuries, including the bench. Wish Id had the readies to go through tonight :( M'on the famous! 2-0 for me, Obua and Arvy :thumbsup:

Archived