Kilmarnock v HMFC - Match Thread

Armageddon

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Hearts - a fantastic result for lots of different reasons!

Well done Hibs - a fantastic result for lots of different reasons!

Well done Hearts fans who went through tonight.

Well done to Hearts fans who kept their heads on this thread tonight when 0-1 down and to those who still predicted a result of some kind for us.

The negative stuff really is too much although fair play to those who have held their hands up since - those who have dug-in..Deary deary me.

So, Hearts win, Hibs lose and go out of the cup and your first thought is "oh, can I have a pop at posters on an internet message board?"

As I forecast on Page 1 of this thread, there are some who just cant wait to have a pop.

Lets put this its place so everyone can STFU.

Not one single poster on here WANTED Hearts to lose tonight, unless there are a few in disguise that havent been outed yet.

Several posters expressed an opinion that they thought we might get beat tonight. I thought we might. I said so and I gave my reasons why. I was wrong and they were wrong about the result but perfectly entitled to express that opinion.

Anyway, what is more wrong than expressing a negative opinion IMO is Hearts fans having a pop at other Hearts fans on a night we won and got ourselves right back into the mix.

FFS Gie it a rest. Its fecking childish in the extreme.

I'm one happy camper.

I feared the worst (i'm a pretty negative person at the best of times) and I was proved wrong.

Well done to all those that remained in good spirits throughout.

Well done JKB and more importantly well done Hearts!

Feckin love them! :thumbsup:

I'm one happy camper.

I feared the worst (i'm a pretty negative person at the best of times) and I was proved wrong.

Good stuff i8. Fantastic result. Damage limitation :lol: stop it

You're always the first to come on and say you got it wrong. Top man!

As I forecast on Page 1 of this thread, there are some who just cant wait to have a pop.

Lets put this its place so everyone can STFU.

Not one single poster on here WANTED Hearts to lose tonight, unless there are a few in disguise that havent been outed yet.

Several posters expressed an opinion that they thought we might get beat tonight. I thought we might. I said so and I gave my reasons why. I was wrong and they were wrong about the result but perfectly entitled to express that opinion.

Anyway, what is more wrong than expressing a negative opinion IMO is Hearts fans having a pop at other Hearts fans on a night we won and got ourselves right back into the mix.

FFS Gie it a rest. Its fecking childish in the extreme.

So what? Folk were debating the result. After the result is known you can hardly expect people

not to return to the debate. As long as it's done in good humour and posters don't take themselves too seriously I don't see the harm.

Interesting you start your post with "As forecast..." looking to show you were right about something.

Good stuff i8. Fantastic result. Damage limitation :lol: stop it

You're always the first to come on and say you got it wrong. Top man!

This is where we start to worry tho as I genuinely think we are going to beat the Huns on Saturday.

When I saw the team I was hoping for a draw at best. Massive well done to the boys and JJ for having the baws to change it when he did. Made up for 2t's and the Hubs is just the icing on the cake. If only Avram would GTF I'd have had the best day ever :thumbsup:

When I saw the team I was hoping for a draw at best. Massive well done to the boys and JJ for having the baws to change it when he did. Made up for 2t's and the Hubs is just the icing on the cake. If only Avram would GTF I'd have had the best day ever :thumbsup:

No cause they'll want JJ!!!

portobellojambo1

Wasn't overly pleased when I heard the starting 11, as it was painfully obvious we hadn't zilch/nowt/bugger all up front. This was reflected in the first half display where we created the square root of zero. At half time I suggested to other members of PHSC we had to get both Obua and Novikovas off the park, as they had contributed nothing at all, and both Elliott and Glen had to come on to help get us back into the game.

They duly arrived, along with Ryan Stevenson, and all 3 played a part in getting us all 3 points (will be interesting to hear the thoughts of those who recently stated on another thread that Stephen Elliott should get nowhere near the 1st team, sometimes I really do wonder what some people are watching/doing while they claim to be observing Hearts football matches, clueless doesn't cover it).

Both Elliott and Glen made a huge difference up front, Stevenson got a hold of midfield, Zaliukas and Bouzid put in excellent performances n central defence and Lee Wallace made a storming re-entry into the side.

A very good evening all round, what with our win and the result just down the road. In addition some of our club members have made arrangements to attend Newcastle United versus Arsenal on 5 February, but were a bit worried they'd have to abandon their plans if Ross County knocked Dundee United out of the Scottish Cup, giving us both a free weekend on 05/02/2011. But that ended up finishing as they hoped as well.

Wasn't overly pleased when I heard the starting 11, as it was painfully obvious we hadn't zilch/nowt/bugger all up front. This was reflected in the first half display where we created the square root of zero. At half time I suggested to other members of PHSC we had to get both Obua and Novikovas off the park, as they had contributed nothing at all, and both Elliott and Glen had to come on to help get us back into the game.

They duly arrived, along with Ryan Stevenson, and all 3 played a part in getting us all 3 points (will be interesting to hear the thoughts of those who recently stated on another thread that Stephen Elliott should get nowhere near the 1st team, sometimes I really do wonder what some people are watching/doing while they claim to be observing Hearts football matches, clueless doesn't cover it).

Both Elliott and Glen made a huge difference up front, Stevenson got a hold of midfield, Zaliukas and Bouzid put in excellent performances n central defence and Lee Wallace made a storming re-entry into the side.

A very good evening all round, what with our win and the result just down the road. In addition some of our club members have made arrangements to attend Newcastle United versus Arsenal on 5 February, but were a bit worried they'd have to abandon their plans if Ross County knocked Dundee United out of the Scottish Cup, giving us both a free weekend on 05/02/2011. But that ended up finishing as they hoped as well.

I'm going with some mates, train down at 9.30, back up at 9pm. See you there!

This was a stupendous win for Hearts, one of the best of the season so far.

We had an injury-depleted squad, went a goal down early, playing away from home against a team that beat us comfortably a few weeks ago.

Full marks to everyone. :thumbsup:

Oh, and FTH.

scott herbertson

This is where we start to worry tho as I genuinely think we are going to beat the Huns on Saturday.

LOL

Must admit you were doing my head in a bit with the worry stuff, but at least you have the balls to come on and admit you got it wrong and make a joke of it

Please feel free to go into full 'worry beads' mode about the Huns match :thumbsup:

Commander Harris

just back from the game, via Diggers. A poor first half but no complaints about the second, excellent stuff from 2T's and what a save by kello. can't wait to see that save again, absolutely incredible.

This was a stupendous win for Hearts, one of the best of the season so far.

We had an injury-depleted squad, went a goal down early, playing away from home against a team that beat us comfortably a few weeks ago.

Full marks to everyone. :thumbsup:

Oh, and FTH.

:D

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I'm one happy camper.

What about your "GAURANTEE" (sic) that we wouldn't score? Forfeit time I reckon.

I'm one happy camper.

Have to say it was painful reading some of your posts after going 1 down, but credit to you i8....not many would carry the "I got it wrong" card with such high spirits :thumbsup:

radio will be going off shortly i think!!! nightmare

This is the point where I threw my notebook at the wall, lost internet connection and as it was after midnight went to sleep in the huff.

That'll teach me, eh!

I will now have to read the whole thread to find out what happened. biggrin.gif

I have no radio and the bbc website is slow as ****. If this is disallowed I'm taking a flyer out the window.

:biglaugh:

On an extremely :pleasing: thread, this has to be post of the year so far, surely?

I will now have to read the whole thread to find out what happened. biggrin.gif

Just finished reading some painful posts.

Did anyone do serious harm to themselves before TT did his stuff?

Will stick this on here to save starting a thread

Could anyone who went to the game last night and who bought a programme please let me know whether it was dated with last night's date or whether it was dated December 2010 when the original game was supposed to be played. In other words, did they simply use the old programmes or did they issue a new one

Thanks in advance

GC

4488598_4488598.jpg

Not only does he score goals, he can hover in mid-air too. Whatta guy. :)

To my shame I managed to fall asleep sometime just before HT and when I woke up this morning I knew we'd won 2-1 and that 2Ts had scored both goals (my subconscious is obviously a Jambo too, thank goodness) but had to read through this thread to get a gist of how it all unfolded. Umm. It made interesting reading to say the least.

Looking forward to reading some thoughts of those who were actually at the game too if there are any about....how did we really play?

Not only does he score goals, he can hover in mid-air too. Whatta guy. :)

To my shame I managed to fall asleep sometime just before HT and when I woke up this morning I knew we'd won 2-1 and that 2Ts had scored both goals (my subconscious is obviously a Jambo too, thank goodness) but had to read through this thread to get a gist of how it all unfolded. Umm. It made interesting reading to say the least.

Looking forward to reading some thoughts of those who were actually at the game too if there are any about....how did we really play?

Garbage in the first half. Stood off Killie and allowed them to pass the ball around. No movement or effort up front from Obua which meant there was never a pass on for our midfield. Palazuelos and Mrowiec getting in each other's way. Black trying and failing to pull the strings in the Rudi role. Novikovas hardly showed. Templeton running into defenders rather than past them. Ouba failed to show for a basic run and Black lost the ball for Killie to knock it in the net. It was awful bar a couple of Zaliukas/Wallace runs.

Second half - and the Hearts fans woke up with a rousing song or two as the players came out. Sub of Elliott for Novikovas gave us far more presence and workrate. Then it really clicked when Glen and Stevenson replaced Obua and Black. The front 4 really harried the Killie defenders, forcing them into mistakes. We won many corners and Wallace continued to put very good balls into the box. 2 great finishes from Elliott and great celebrations in the stand!

Garbage in the first half. Stood off Killie and allowed them to pass the ball around. No movement or effort up front from Obua which meant there was never a pass on for our midfield. Palazuelos and Mrowiec getting in each other's way. Black trying and failing to pull the strings in the Rudi role. Novikovas hardly showed. Templeton running into defenders rather than past them. Ouba failed to show for a basic run and Black lost the ball for Killie to knock it in the net. It was awful bar a couple of Zaliukas/Wallace runs.

Second half - and the Hearts fans woke up with a rousing song or two as the players came out. Sub of Elliott for Novikovas gave us far more presence and workrate. Then it really clicked when Glen and Stevenson replaced Obua and Black. The front 4 really harried the Killie defenders, forcing them into mistakes. We won many corners and Wallace continued to put very good balls into the box. 2 great finishes from Elliott and great celebrations in the stand!

Yeah I noticed that Obua was getting pelters but he tends to get pelters regardless of how he plays so I wondered if he really had been bad or if it was just another one of those days when he works quite hard but still manages to just look a bit languid....

First half sounds a bit like the cup game to be honest, just way too many players having a bad night at the office. I'm less surprised by the news that Arvy had a bad night (he drifts in and out of games at the best of times right now) than I am about Ruben and Mrowiec. Again, just sounds like a collective slump of some description.

So how did Glen and Stevenson do? :)

Will stick this on here to save starting a thread

Could anyone who went to the game last night and who bought a programme please let me know whether it was dated with last night's date or whether it was dated December 2010 when the original game was supposed to be played. In other words, did they simply use the old programmes or did they issue a new one

Thanks in advance

GC

They were selling two separate programmes. The original one dated for boxing day, and a separate one dated last night.

I'm sure they were, never bought them myself.

So, Hearts win, Hibs lose and go out of the cup and your first thought is "oh, can I have a pop at posters on an internet message board?"

C'mon man, it's a good night.

Excellent night bighusref, in fact it doesn't come much better thumbsup.gif

But you must admit we did have some drama Queenslaugh.gif

Really, and its not a real fan point im making(yawn) but the result really does make a mockery of folk who bet against their team last night.

To be honest, i really can`t begin to understand fans that do that? Like alot of other fans, if i have a bet i never put my team in it.

But we had a team on form and playing relatively well bar last weeks cup exit..Just doesn`t sit right with me the thought of doing that..

Really, and its not a real fan point im making(yawn) but the result really does make a mockery of folk who bet against their team last night.

To be honest, i really can`t begin to understand fans that do that? Like alot of other fans, if i have a bet i never put my team in it.

But we had a team on form and playing relatively well bar last weeks cup exit..Just doesn`t sit right with me the thought of doing that..

No spine Debut4. Simples.

Archived