spainish football tonight Val vs Dep:R Madrid vs Almeria:Barcelona vs Mal

j1964m

RM one down to the bottom club.

And not creating a lot either.

17 mins to go, I reckon it'll finish 1-1.

If Barca get 4 pts ahead the title is almost theirs to be honest.

Jeeez.

Shocker for Real.

Difference between them and Barca.

Away goal difference.

Real Madrid +5

Barcelona + 29

They just don't dictate the same way away from home as Barca do.

Jeeez.

Shocker for Real.

Difference between them and Barca.

Away goal difference.

Real Madrid +5

Barcelona + 29

They just don't dictate the same way away from home as Barca do.

Spot on.

There's a long way to go, but with the margins in the league this result could may well have cos them the Championship.

Spot on.

There's a long way to go, but with the margins in the league this result could may well have cos them the Championship.

I think they may have to win every match from now till the end of the season to win it.

I think they may have to win every match from now till the end of the season to win it.

Indeed.

The gap will be extended to 4 points when (if) Barcelona beat Malaga tonight.

El Classico is at the Bernabeau so that obviously is a must win, but Barca just don't look likely to drop any points at the moment!

Fantastic goal from Iniesta, 1-0 after 8 mins!

They look in the mood & playing at good pace, which is when I enjoy watching them

Villa now, 2 nil.

Malaga are content with giving Barca the ball cheaply, they deserve this punishment.

On a side note, i'd prefer if Sky Sports gave us some insightful commentary rather than complete dross that we get with Gerry Armstrong and the other bloke.

They gush over the quality of Barca, fair enough. But can we have some tactical insight into Malaga aswell? The league isn't all about 2 teams.

The Mighty Thor

If Barca get 4 pts ahead the title is almost theirs to be honest.

The title was theirs when they humped Real in el classico. It's merely a matter of how many points they win it by :thumbsup:

The title was theirs when they humped Real in el classico. It's merely a matter of how many points they win it by :thumbsup:

Bookmarked. :thumbsup:

Unquestionably Barca are the better side right now. But the second derby of the season is in Madrid. I still think it's too close to call, and as I've always fancied Barca to win the CL, think Real's slightly stronger squad (in quantity as much as anything else) could tell in the end.

Unquestionably Barca are the better side right now. But the second derby of the season is in Madrid. I still think it's too close to call, and as I've always fancied Barca to win the CL, think Real's slightly stronger squad (in quantity as much as anything else) could tell in the end.

Barcelona will win the league.

Of that I am 100% certain.

Watching that third goal, strikes me that there are more and more signs that Messi is becoming the complete forward - equally as adept at setting things up as he has always been at finishing.

He's spectacularly good - and getting better.

Barcelona will win the league.

Of that I am 100% certain.

As certain as you were that Inter wouldn't win the CL? ;)

NB. I'm not about to put money on RM winning La Liga, mind.

I call more right than I do wrong Mr Lawson. :thumbsup:

I still think Inter were lucky as feck.

Yeah tho Barca B team is sitting 6th in second division, would suggest they have some depth & production line beyond

In games such as tonight, they are a joy to watch. Silly as it sounds tho, sometimes they are too good, like winning the ball & sheer ball retention that it makes it boring as a contest & spectacle!

Think I heard someone at the 19s game say they had Barca -3 to win tonight, looks like a great bet

Barca still 9/4 wi Corals,available untill 15th Feb,lump on!

The Mighty Thor

Evening Shaun!

bookmark this one all you want, i reckon it's fairly low risk ;)

I thought it would be closer this season between the two, especially with Jose at Real but it's not panning out that way. Barca are just phenomenal.

Yeah tho Barca B team is sitting 6th in second division, would suggest they have some depth & production line beyond

In games such as tonight, they are a joy to watch. Silly as it sounds tho, sometimes they are too good, like winning the ball & sheer ball retention that it makes it boring as a contest & spectacle!

Think I heard someone at the 19s game say they had Barca -3 to win tonight, looks like a great bet

They're an absolutely unbelievable football team - and it's all based on a system which originated getting on for 40 years ago now. But I will never, ever underestimate Mourinho's abilities; and for years now, my impression has been that even poor Madrid sides have finished closer to brilliant Barca sides than on paper, they really ought to have done.

Still a long, long way to go in this title race yet.

It'll probably only be about 5/4 for that bet.

They are 8/13 to win -2 :laugh:

And only 40/1 for 8-0.

One or two of the Barcelona players "might" make the Hearts first team... :teehee:

GOALKEEPERS

Victor Valdes, Jose Manuel Pinto, Ruben Mino, Oier Olazabal

DEFENDERS

Daniel Alves, Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol, Gabriel Milito, Maxwell, Eric Abidal, Marc Bartra, Sergi Gomez ,Marc Muniesa

MIDFIELDERS

Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi, Javier Mascherano, Seydou Keita, Sergio Busquets, Ibrahim Afellay, Adriano,, Andreu Fontas, Sergi Roberto, Thiago Alcantara, Jonathan Dos Santos, Marti Riverola, Oriol Romeu,

FORWARDS

David Villa, Bojan Krkic, Jeffren Suarez, Pedro, Nolito, Victor Vazquez, Ruben Rochina,

Evening Shaun!

bookmark this one all you want, i reckon it's fairly low risk ;)

I thought it would be closer this season between the two, especially with Jose at Real but it's not panning out that way. Barca are just phenomenal.

Good grief man, there's only four points in it! With exactly half the season still to play, and Real hosting the next derby, that's nothing really.

They're an absolutely unbelievable football team - and it's all based on a system which originated getting on for 40 years ago now. But I will never, ever underestimate Mourinho's abilities; and for years now, my impression has been that even poor Madrid sides have finished closer to brilliant Barca sides than on paper, they really ought to have done.

Still a long, long way to go in this title race yet.

If Barca were eeking out wins here and there then it might be more open.

But they are destroying teams home and away and are so far in charge of every match they just won't drop enough points for Real to catch them.

As I said on this thread before the away goal difference shows the gulf in class.

Real + 5, Barca + 29.

If Barca were eeking out wins here and there then it might be more open.

But they are destroying teams home and away and are so far in charge of every match they just won't drop enough points for Real to catch them.

As I said on this thread before the away goal difference shows the gulf in class.

Real + 5, Barca + 29.

There was a gulf in class between Rijkaard's Barca and Capello's Madrid in 2006/7 as well. Somehow, Real won the league anyway. :o

Meanwhile, in the EPL, Arsenal's away GD is +12, Man City's is +10, Man Utd's is only +2 - but it's pretty obvious who are clear favourites to win the league (with regard to which, and not for the first time on here, mea culpa :teehee: ).

The only stat that counts is total points after 38 games. The rest is just flotsam and jetsam.

Archived