spainish football tonight Val vs Dep:R Madrid vs Almeria:Barcelona vs Mal

j1964m

The Mighty Thor

Good grief man, there's only four points in it! With exactly half the season still to play, and Real hosting the next derby, that's nothing really.

Four points on paper but the gulf between the two is huge. Barca may well drop 4 points in the second half of the season but Real will drop at least that many and that's why they won't win it.

I reckon they'll stuff Real in the second Classico too.

There was a gulf in class between Rijkaard's Barca and Capello's Madrid in 2006/7 as well. Somehow, Real won the league anyway. :o

Meanwhile, in the EPL, Arsenal's away GD is +12, Man City's is +10, Man Utd's is only +2 - but it's pretty obvious who are clear favourites to win the league (with regard to which, and not for the first time on here, mea culpa :teehee: ).

The only stat that counts are total points after 38 games. The rest is just flotsam and jetsam.

The goal difference I pointed out shows how convincingly Barcelona are winning away from home and how unconvincing Real Madrid are away from home. .

Real Madrid need to win every game from now till the end of the season imo, which they won't do as can be seen by how close they sail to the wind in many of their away matches. Even then I'm not sure that'd be enough

One or two of the Barcelona players "might" make the Hearts first team... :teehee:

GOALKEEPERS

Victor Valdes, Jose Manuel Pinto, Ruben Mino, Oier Olazabal

DEFENDERS

Daniel Alves, Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol, Gabriel Milito, Maxwell, Eric Abidal, Marc Bartra, Sergi Gomez ,Marc Muniesa

MIDFIELDERS

Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi, Javier Mascherano, Seydou Keita, Sergio Busquets, Ibrahim Afellay, Adriano,, Andreu Fontas, Sergi Roberto, Thiago Alcantara, Jonathan Dos Santos, Marti Riverola, Oriol Romeu,

FORWARDS

David Villa, Bojan Krkic, Jeffren Suarez, Pedro, Nolito, Victor Vazquez, Ruben Rochina,

I dunno if you were being sarcastic, cos for me everyone of those players, outfield anyway, would get into the team. Maybe one or 2 midfielders wouldn't, but id add Maxwell, DosSantos, Alcantara, Jeffren & Bojan to the bolded ones who would comfortably get into the Hearts team

I dunno if you were being sarcastic, cos for me everyone of those players, outfield anyway, would get into the team. Maybe one or 2 midfielders wouldn't, but id add Maxwell, DosSantos, Alcantara, Jeffren & Bojan to the bolded ones who would comfortably get into the Hearts team

:teehee:

:what:

Did enjoy the majority of the PL football today on Sky but when you watch the Spanish football, its damn clear which league treats the ball with respect and tries to keep a hold of it. That said, the best thing that can happen to the Spanish league is for that Barcelona team to split up - its scary how much the skoosh it.

Archived