Ryan Stevenson/Ayrshire Post

girvanjambo

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. That is a great story. The one of the weekend. Sadly some peoples story seems to be "he cant be a poor player cos he scored today" as if him scoring is a massive two fingers up to anyone who ever criticised him as they are proved wrong. Nade scored too. And hes still sh*te.

I should point out tht Stevo is in no way as useless as Nade, I just STILL dont think hes quite Hearts standard but

well done today for top effort out of position. He always gives his all. Ah well I must be a hobo apparently.

Not aimed at you by the way John, ha.

No probs. In none of my posts have I championed his ability. He deserves his moment in the sun IMO and it is neither the time nor the place to question his ability.

If some posters wish to question it today they can hardly expect me, or others, not to have something to say about it.

As I said the most up to date facts are he scored the winner today against league champions rangers.

Something that doesn't happen too often and tbh I think the gravity of what he achieved today has went over your head.

I know you were talking to Gowest but i figure he and i are kind of agreeing. What he did today was tremendous and he is indeed a hero. But this came because people bumped the thread with a bit of a **** you all you people who gave him stick.And we defended ourselves. Why? We had every right to cheer like anyone else? And we still arent proved wrong.

I think I have grasped the gravity of the situation fine thanks. So everyone who now scores from 2 yards is now a hero for evermore?

Evermore? I don't think I mentioned evermore because if I did that would have been very silly.

EDIT: just checked I didn't use 'evermore' at any point on this thread. Phew!

I know you were talking to Gowest but i figure he and i are kind of agreeing. What he did today was tremendous and he is indeed a hero. But this came because people bumped the thread with a bit of a **** you all you people who gave him stick.And we defended ourselves. Why? We had every right to cheer like anyone else? And we still arent proved wrong.

I'm not saying you were wrong but my point is a simple one. It's better to just let it go for today. The guy is as you said a hero. Let's not take the shine off it

Some people have such a bad sense of timing that it wouldn't be improved if they had Big Ben hanging round their necks!

Any criticism of Ryan today demonstrates a shockingly bad sense of timing.

No probs. In none of my posts have I championed his ability. He deserves his moment in the sun IMO and it is neither the time nor the place to question his ability.

If some posters wish to question it today they can hardly expect me, or others, not to have something to say about it.

I agree mate. Except the people criticising were doing so because it wasbumped in an attempt to say we were wrong, which is quite antagonistic. I would never have dreamed of starting a thread today pointing out the poor parts of Stevo's game. (A non schoolyard way of saying "he started it")

I agree mate. Except the people criticising were doing so because it wasbumped in an attempt to say we were wrong, which is quite antagonistic. I would never have dreamed of starting a thread today pointing out the poor parts of Stevo's game. (A non schoolyard way of saying "he started it")

I agree it can be petty bumping threads to try and prove a point but I have done it myself so can't be overcritical but I do get your point

Evermore? I don't think I mentioned evermore because if I did that would have been very silly.

EDIT: just checked I didn't use 'evermore' at any point on this thread. Phew!

OK I concede to your eloquently made point, I guess I never saw it coming.........

Someone decided to bump this previous thread to suggest Ryan Stevenson scoring from 2 yards justifies their previous claims about his ability.

I suggest otherwise, Whilst as delighted as all the others at beating rangers, the argument about his ability is still unproven.

Some people have such a bad sense of timing that it wouldn't be improved if they had Big Ben hanging round their necks!

Any criticism of Ryan today demonstrates a shockingly bad sense of timing.

And a blinding ignorance of what is witnessed by their own eyes. If Stevenson had not poked the ball into the net, his display would be receiving rave reviews would it?

Such short sightedness Indeed!

Archived