Ryan Stevenson/Ayrshire Post

girvanjambo

Jason Holt and Jamie Walker are the best & most natural footballers at Tynecastle - potentially better than Templeton, Wallace & Driver and probably even Skacel one day.

Have not seen them myself.

But my old man raves about Jamie Walker having watched him in the Scotland youth sides.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown

Have not seen them myself.

But my old man raves about Jamie Walker having watched him in the Scotland youth sides.

They are both excellent young players and a cut above most other young players I've seen in recent times. They're both tremendous prospects but in terms of temperament Holt edges it, indeed I predict that barring injury Jason Holt has the ability to be the best Scottish born midfielder since Gordon Strachan or John Collins.

They are both excellent young players and a cut above most other young players I've seen in recent times. They're both tremendous prospects but in terms of temperament Holt edges it, indeed I predict that barring injury Jason Holt has the ability to be the best Scottish born midfielder since Gordon Strachan or John Collins.

Oof! Big statement. We'll be doing well if it turns out that way.

Saw him for the 1st time last week and was impressed (though against a poor Musselburgh team). Not something that worries me in the slightest, but Scottish football being Scottish football, do you think Holt's size will work against him?

Is Jamie Walker back from his bad injury yet?

Think the cup game against the hoobs is on Sunday. Might try to make it - be good to see these guys.

Charlie-Brown

Oof! Big statement. We'll be doing well if it turns out that way.

Saw him for the 1st time last week and was impressed (though against a poor Musselburgh team). Not something that worries me in the slightest, but Scottish football being Scottish football, do you think Holt's size will work against him?

Is Jamie Walker back from his bad injury yet?

Think the cup game against the hoobs is on Sunday. Might try to make it - be good to see these guys.

I know and it's not something I predict lightly nor do i want to over-hype him however Jason Holt is a real talent and the more you see of the kid you realise that despite him being so tiny you appreciate what natural talent he has and what a prospect he is. I think he's one of the best Scottish players I've seen in a very long time.

So now the football experts on Kickback are giving Ryan Stevenson 'the treatment' eh? I don't think I need to point out how childish and pathetic that is, but I will anyway.

Don't worry Ryan, the same zoomers were wrong about Black, Zaliukas, Kello, Templeton, Wallace, Palazuelos, Suso, Mrowviec and will probably be proven wrong about Novoikovas too. And that's just the ones in the current squad the list is endless of others that have now moved on.

I don't know if he has got what it takes at this level.

Hates a simple pass and isn't a ballwinner.

Hope he comes good though. Probably would of been one of our best players a couple of years ago.

All this aggravation! RS is a squad player, he knows it and so does everyone else. As we are unlikely to go out and spend money this month then he, along with a lot of other players, needs to play better than on Tuesday. By the way when did JJ say that Ryan was our most talented player?? Does he fancy Ryan's mum or just maybe trying to boost the lad's confidence.

All this aggravation! RS is a squad player, he knows it and so does everyone else. As we are unlikely to go out and spend money this month then he, along with a lot of other players, needs to play better than on Tuesday. By the way when did JJ say that Ryan was our most talented player?? Does he fancy Ryan's mum or just maybe trying to boost the lad's confidence.

don't know the date he or bb said it but it was in the pub if that helps

JamboJohn1874

This sums him up quite well really as he fits the mould of a typical workmanlike SPL player - Big on effort low on skill.

We really only staring winning consistently when he was dropped for Skacel, who is far more creative and a bigger threat. I thought he was quite poor against StJ and would be happy to see him on the bench for the weekend.

Pretty nice thing for big Stevo to say about his old club's fans. As someone else said further up the page, we'd be loving it if one of our former players who had gone on to a higher level (Gordon, Bednar etc.) came and watched a game and said it made him miss playing for Hearts.

So, he had a nightmare on Tuesday. Join the queue. He's a decent player who needs time to develop at this level - but, as always, we need to find someone to blame. Dull.

i know your bird very well

You can have her if u want?? :rolleyes:

P.S. If you do know her then that'll be a no :rolleyes: . Ok better no start making this into a shed thread. Apologies for bumping

Good bump!

Let's see all the numpties who slagged of Stevenson before the commitment he showed today, when injured

Good bump!

Let's see all the numpties who slagged of Stevenson before the commitment he showed today, when injured

Pokes the ball into the goal from 2 yards, other 89 minutes masquerades as a footballer. Fat arsed Footballer who contributed zero, and you guys rave about him?

Bump away if you like, but if this your evidence - then I have no idea what game you were watching!

NNot that im on either sideof the fence with Stevenson, but i love how peple think that someone scoring shows everyone they were wrong in some peoples eyes. So if obua scored the winner today, does that prove anyone who thought he was rubbish wrong? ha no, it is irrelevent. Well done Stevo and Hearts but it doesnt make the slightest bit of difference to a thread like this.

Pokes the ball into the goal from 2 yards, other 89 minutes masquerades as a footballer. Fat arsed Footballer who contributed zero, and you guys rave about him?

Bump away if you like, but if this your evidence - then I have no idea what game you were watching!

contributed zero.......considering he picked up a knock and played on with it, chasing everything. for a midfielder played upfront i thought he did well. his short passing was a bit off but he wasnt the worst in a hearts jersey. everyone made mistakes today. he won headers, showed great control and work rate and also scored- dont know how you can slag a hearts player for that.

contributed zero.......considering he picked up a knock and played on with it, chasing everything. for a midfielder played upfront i thought he did well. his short passing was a bit off but he wasnt the worst in a hearts jersey. everyone made mistakes today. he won headers, showed great control and work rate and also scored- dont know how you can slag a hearts player for that.

Agreed and I always try not to criticise those that are only guilty of not being good enough. Its ones with poor aplication than annoy and Stevo isnt one of them. I was just saying that him scoring does not suddenly prove he is good enough.

He played upfront when hes a central midfeilder or possibly attacking. he played on the left and on the right not once did he play in his natural position today yet still scored and yet that still isnt enough for some people. im not saying hes a world beater but credit where credits due for playing all over the pitch when asked. and if it wasnt for him getting into the position he got himself into for the goal who would have scored ?

Today showed exactly what he is. A good squad player who will put in a shift and not let us down.

I'd take a few more of him in the squad, but not necessarily as a first choice.

I only aplaud the bump because Stevenson's attitude is always right, he's JJ'S type of player, yet people come on this thread to slag him off for going to cheer ayr at hibs ... I say that they stand exposed as numpties

I am happy to reserve a seat on the West of Scotland Hearts Supporters Club bus - One Way back to Ayr! (I will even pay his fare!)

Do You want to explain to him why he's there while you sit beside him you F****** welt

Jesus wept!!!!!

Ryan scored the winner today and there is still greetin' on this board?????

Seriously, get a grip - would Ryan walk into most SPL midfields? If your answer is "No", you are on the wind-up.

He is as good as most midfieders in the SPL and he has therefore "made the grade" from a personal perspective.

This board is the epitomy of Hearts fans' arrogance - Hearts are making justifiable headlines and there has to be losers "You're no' good enough, I cannae stand you" etc etc...

Every time Hearts are on a crest of a wave, fans on this board select those who are deemed not to be part of that success - a complete glass-half-full mentality - kick someone in the stones instead of celebrating the success stories.

Ryan was put in striker roaming mode today and he came up trumps - nothing anyone can say can detract from that.

The sooner some folk on here get their heids around the fact that we are not world-beaters and must celebrate success stories as and when they arise - individually or collectively - the sooner you will become....a Hearts fan

I like Stevo, I do. But he was pish today. Do I care? Do I **** because he scored the winner against Der Hun. Well done Ryan, I hope you can be as bad on Wednesday.

Jesus wept!!!!!

Seriously, get a grip - would Ryan walk into most SPL midfields? If your answer is "No", you are on the wind-up.

He is as good as most midfieders in the SPL and he has therefore "made the grade" from a personal perspective.

This board is the epitomy of Hearts fans' arrogance - Hearts are making justifiable headlines and there has to be losers "You're no' good enough, I cannae stand you" etc etc...

Every time Hearts are on a crest of a wave, fans on this board select those who are deemed not to be part of that success - a complete glass-half-full mentality - kick someone in the stones instead of celebrating the success stories.

Ryan was put in striker roaming mode today and he came up trumps - nothing anyone can say can detract from that.

The sooner some folk on here get their heids around the fact that we are not world-beaters and must celebrate success stories as and when they arise - individually or collectively - the sooner you will become....a Hearts fan

Well bless my cotton socks.

A balanced view.Can anyone tell me who,apart from Kello, earned their wages in the first half?

Get real lads

Well done the Jambos!

Thunderstruck

The lad ran himself into the ground today playing in an unfamiliar position. He stuck to his task and popped up in the right place at the right time. Happy with that.

The lad ran himself into the ground today playing in an unfamiliar position. He stuck to his task and popped up in the right place at the right time. Happy with that.

Correct, I suspect he covered more ground than any other player on the park toady and probably by a long way.

ernie winchester

Spot on. I mentioned to my sons - midway through the first half - the Stevenson wouldn't last the 90 with the way he was continually sprinting all over the place closing hun defenders down, giving them little time on the ball. Aside from his goal, the lad worked his socks off today, as always, and was an important part of the 'team'.

stirlingshirejambo

Spot on. I mentioned to my sons - midway through the first half - the Stevenson wouldn't last the 90 with the way he was continually sprinting all over the place closing hun defenders down, giving them little time on the ball. Aside from his goal, the lad worked his socks off today, as always, and was an important part of the 'team'.

In the first ten minutes he was trying to chase down Gers defenders as they rolled the ball about the back 4. Rudi kept telling him to slow down and conserve his energy. I think players like Rudi and Kyle are worth their weight in gold helping players like Stevenson who are playing out of position

Yep, let's cast our minds back - We were poor first half, not because we were rank, I just believe Rangers know what these championships mean and knew how to set their stall out...we didn't until 46 mins in and Kello made that acceptable given we were still in the hunt because of him..

But from the opening whistle, Ryan was running at the defenders 100% - he didn't intercept anything but jeez, he was never put off.

C'mon..if you were at the game or watched it on tv, endeavour??? He gave it....and scored!?!?!

Everyone seen this - FACT - so let's put this to sleep please

Right, I started this thread (wish I hadn't bothered) as a tongue in cheek indicator that Stevo had called Ayr "us" in the Ayrshire Post instead of HMFC "us".And he may well not even done that, the journalist who wrote that is a complete ****. There was no-one more pleased than me to see Ryan score the winner today, he also played well at Killie. Unfortunately, against St. J in the cup, he was gash, but so were most of the others. Ryan Stevenson is an asset to HMFC, and long may that continue. I am now away to the pub to annoy some huns. :lol:

Do You want to explain to him why he's there while you sit beside him you F****** welt

Only if you can explain why you cannot construct an argument without stupid insults.

Who do you think you are?

If you have an opinion lets see what its supported with, otherwise keep a civil manner if you are able to.

I would hate to see what you think constitutes poor control..........

I only aplaud the bump because Stevenson's attitude is always right, he's JJ'S type of player, yet people come on this thread to slag him off for going to cheer ayr at hibs ... I say that they stand exposed as numpties

I have no problem with him going to another game, I have a problem with his lack of ability.

Jesus wept!!!!!

You can not be serious...........

Seymour M Hersh

Jesus wept!!!!!

This.

Some toatal asswipes on here.

Kick ass wins. Some people posting on this thread SINCE HIS WINNER AGAINST RANGERS should take a big spoonful of feck right off.

163689_10150401119660297_735255296_17104161_5669440_n.jpg

No one cheered louder than I when he scored. This is not a debate about him scoring - it is his ability I question. To poke the ball into the net from 2 yards does not tell the whole story. Others suggest he has great control, well not that I have witnessed. To suggest he would walk into any other SPL team is nonsense.

Kick ass wins. Some people posting on this thread SINCE HIS WINNER AGAINST RANGERS should take a big spoonful of feck right off.

Obua has scored - this should make him a great also?

So he will become a regular scorer now will he? I dont blame the guy for being played out of position, he was a headless chicken for 89 minutes.

No one cheered louder than I when he scored. This is not a debate about him scoring - it is his ability I question. To poke the ball into the net from 2 yards does not tell the whole story. Others suggest he has great control, well not that I have witnessed. To suggest he would walk into any other SPL team is nonsense.

No gowest, poking the ball into the net is the entire story and a very happy story it is too.

Obua has scored - this should make him a great also?

So he will become a regular scorer now will he? I dont blame the guy for being played out of position, he was a headless chicken for 89 minutes.

Yeah, the day he scored the winner at Easter road he was indeed great.

Time and a place! Ryan is a hero! This is the most up to date news I have on him.

No gowest, poking the ball into the net is the entire story and a very happy story it is too.

I agree. That is a great story. The one of the weekend. Sadly some peoples story seems to be "he cant be a poor player cos he scored today" as if him scoring is a massive two fingers up to anyone who ever criticised him as they are proved wrong. Nade scored too. And hes still sh*te.

I should point out tht Stevo is in no way as useless as Nade, I just STILL dont think hes quite Hearts standard but well done today for top effort out of position. He always gives his all. Ah well I must be a hobo apparently.

Not aimed at you by the way John, ha.

He will no doubt prove me wrong in the coming weeks with his goal scoring feats then? The argument was not about him scoring - it is about his overall ability - but dont let the facts cloud you.

He will no doubt prove me wrong in the coming weeks with his goal scoring feats then? The argument was not about him scoring - it is about his overall ability - but dont let the facts cloud you.

As I said the most up to date facts are he scored the winner today against league champions rangers.

Something that doesn't happen too often and tbh I think the gravity of what he achieved today has went over your head.

As I said the most up to date facts are he scored the winner today against league champions rangers.

Something that doesn't happen too often and tbh I think the gravity of what he achieved today has went over your head.

I think I have grasped the gravity of the situation fine thanks. So everyone who now scores from 2 yards is now a hero for evermore?

Archived